OldSchool's former Sale/Trade list

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='OldSchool77']You can save even more money by switching to Mercury Insurance:lol:
I used to have Geico and I saved about $100 bucks by switching;)[/QUOTE]

that is good to know
I don't have a car, I just say random stuff cause bump after bump is boring

[quote name='Tony208']that is good to know
I don't have a car, I just say random stuff cause bump after bump is boring[/QUOTE]

I was just messing with you, I could tell that you didn't expect an answer to your bump posts:lol:

[quote name='buffdrew84']thanks for adding my link.
free bump[/QUOTE]

Thank you for giving me the idea:lol:
I figured that I should probably add links to the trade lists of my CAG'er friends;)

[quote name='OldSchool77']Wow, didn't that Mario Bros. game come out for the Wii last year? There are several Hollywood Video stores going out of business near me, I 'll keep an eye open to see if there are any that have it ;)[/QUOTE]

All those going out of business stores around here are already gone lol

[quote name='OldSchool77']Bump...

I know shopping at GameStop is probably sacrilegious to the game gods but I found some awesome deals today;)[/QUOTE]

What did you find?

[quote name='OldSchool77']I bought a wavebird for $17.99, Cursed Mountain for $9.99, and X-men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged for $19.99 ;)[/QUOTE]

A wavebird is a great deal for $17.99, Wolverine is fun but won't take long to beat. Its a solid rental, but you'll be done with it within 8 hours.

[quote name='deadbodyman11']A wavebird is a great deal for $17.99, Wolverine is fun but won't take long to beat. Its a solid rental, but you'll be done with it within 8 hours.[/QUOTE]

I thought that the Wavebird and Cursed Mountain were great deals but I bought Wolverine because I liked the demo:cool:. I'll probably see it on Newegg for $10 eventually but I figured that I might as well get it now since I'm not going to be actively looking for PS3 games anymore:cry:.

I think I'm only going to be buying Steam games and whatever console games are still in my want list. The Wii is nice but to me it's still inferior to my PC games in terms of quality and fun. Thank goodness I have such a huge backlog of games or I would be seriously bummed:lol:

[quote name='OldSchool77']I thought that the Wavebird and Cursed Mountain were great deals but I bought Wolverine because I liked the demo:cool:. I'll probably see it on Newegg for $10 eventually but I figured that I might as well get it now since I'm not going to be actively looking for PS3 games anymore:cry:.

I think I'm only going to be buying Steam games and whatever console games are still in my want list. The Wii is nice but to me it's still inferior to my PC games in terms of quality and fun. Thank goodness I have such a huge backlog of games or I would be seriously bummed:lol:[/QUOTE]

Wavebird was definently a good purchase, I don't know anything about Cursed Mountain though. Wolverine will keep dropping in price I'm sure, I'm still waiting for it to drop below $10 and then I'll snag a copy.
Ironically, Gamestop just dropped the price for Darksiders to $39.99 new now that you don't want it. :lol:
Maybe you should look into getting a 360. Definently better than the Wii and the selection of games is better than PS3 IMO.

[quote name='deadbodyman11']Wavebird was definently a good purchase, I don't know anything about Cursed Mountain though. Wolverine will keep dropping in price I'm sure, I'm still waiting for it to drop below $10 and then I'll snag a copy.
Ironically, Gamestop just dropped the price for Darksiders to $39.99 new now that you don't want it. :lol:
Maybe you should look into getting a 360. Definently better than the Wii and the selection of games is better than PS3 IMO.[/QUOTE]

Cursed Mountain looks really good so far, there were some game play videos on youtube that convinced me to buy it;). I'm sure Wolverine will drop to $10 by Memorial Day, I've noticed that game prices seem to be dropping very rapidly recently. I prefer my PC to any of the consoles, the only advantage that consoles had were that I didn't have to worry about compatibility or not having enough HDD space.

With all the hardware and firmware issues that the current gen consoles have I might as well stick to something that I can at least upgrade and use however I want:roll:. I have around 400 to 500 games now and I've only finished about 30% of them so I probably won't miss having console exclusive games for a while:lol:

Hey bro, I don't have any of those.

I created them in Excel. All you have to do is click the link and when signed in with a MS Live ID click on the file logo.(don't download, just view them on the web)

It loads in the browser with the new Office Web Apps.(I've viewed them in IE8, FF3.6, and Chrome)

[quote name='buffdrew84']i just moved and ive been without internet for almost two weeks. it was awful. thanks for your concern though[/QUOTE]

That sucks but at least you're back online now:)

[quote name='OldSchool77']What shipping method did you pick? It's taken up to eight days for me to receive an item with the free shipping that they sometimes offer:roll:
If you paid for a fast shipping method and it hasn't arrived yet call up customer service and ask for a refund on the shipping.

Most that I've ever done is a 5 season marathon but I'd like to see you attempt to do that with the Simpsons:lol:[/QUOTE]

I picked the free shipping but still, it's been 6-7 days lol.
I don't like the Simpsons that much to do a marathon like that, some seasons just suck. Simpsons is a 22 min show anyways so it wouldn't be that bad.

[quote name='Tony208']I picked the free shipping but still, it's been 6-7 days lol.
I don't like the Simpsons that much to do a marathon like that, some seasons just suck. Simpsons is a 22 min show anyways so it wouldn't be that bad.[/QUOTE]

Since you picked free shipping you'll probably get it on Monday or Tuesday then;). The Simpsons have gone downhill since the early episodes but they are still much better than the shorts on the Tracey Ullman show:lol:

I only watch the Simpsons for their Halloween specials now, I stopped watching regularly when I started Junior College. I do still like Futurama though, I have all the seasons and the movies. I try to limit my TV show time now since I am trying to catch up on my gaming backlog:cool:

Bump...

I found a bunch of Computer Gaming World Magazines from 1998 to 2003!
I don't know if I should recycle them or list them on here, If anyone wants some let me know.

[quote name='buffdrew84']didnt like that video...made me sad[/QUOTE]

I'll explain why I liked it in your thread:roll: I guess I remember the older more violent cartoons so the clip of the mouse was more humorous than sad to me.

Bump, I noticed you were looking for Soul Caliber for the PSP, You may want to check your local Blockbusters. It's $14.99 used and there is a B1G1 free going on right now for $14.99 and under games.

[quote name='deadbodyman11']Bump, I noticed you were looking for Soul Caliber for the PSP, You may want to check your local Blockbusters. It's $14.99 used and there is a B1G1 free going on right now for $14.99 and under games.[/QUOTE]

Really? I guess i have to pay a visit to BBV then;)

[quote name='OldSchool77']Really? I guess i have to pay a visit to BBV then;)[/QUOTE]

If you happen to go to Blockbuster and see a copy of beautiful katamari for the 360 for $6.99, I'd gladly pay you for your cost plus shipping. :D

[quote name='deadbodyman11']If you happen to go to Blockbuster and see a copy of beautiful katamari for the 360 for $6.99, I'd gladly pay you for your cost plus shipping. :D[/QUOTE]

I'll look for it when i go, the BBV store near me is very small though.

[quote name='OldSchool77']I'll look for it when i go, the BBV store near me is very small though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for looking. :D
Let me know if you find you're Soul Caliber, if not I can check some of my local blockbusters and see if they have any left.

[quote name='deadbodyman11']Thanks for looking. :D
Let me know if you find you're Soul Caliber, if not I can check some of my local blockbusters and see if they have any left.[/QUOTE]

I'll go to BBV tomorrow, today I had another garage sale:roll:. Not really a sale since no one stopped, I can't believe no one even got out to look with all the clothes, books, movies and other stuff that I had out.

[quote name='OldSchool77']I'll go to BBV tomorrow, today I had another garage sale:roll:. Not really a sale since no one stopped, I can't believe no one even got out to look with all the clothes, books, movies and other stuff that I had out.[/QUOTE]

Try putting out something really nice, like a big ass tv, and then when people stop and ask about it, just say that it's on hold and somebody is coming back to pick it up. I used to do it when I had yard sales, I actually kept an old, broken 42 inch tv in my garage for every yard sale just to entice people to stop. People stop, look around, find some small stuff, and then ask about the tv, and walk away with the small crap so they didn't waste their time. :D

[quote name='deadbodyman11']Try putting out something really nice, like a big ass tv, and then when people stop and ask about it, just say that it's on hold and somebody is coming back to pick it up. I used to do it when I had yard sales, I actually kept an old, broken 42 inch tv in my garage for every yard sale just to entice people to stop. People stop, look around, find some small stuff, and then ask about the tv, and walk away with the small crap so they didn't waste their time. :D[/QUOTE]

That's a good trick:lol: I actually did have some large electronics and people bought them all within a few hours on the first day. I sold a wireless telephone for $15, a receiver that cost $300 in 1998 for ~$30 and A Casio keyboard from 1988 for $35 with charger and a stand. The people where I live are apparently ultra cheap and were not willing to buy pairs of unworn clothes, I had some Levi's jeans That were too big for me that I received as a Christmas gift for $5 and no looked twice at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back