One Cent Guides Best Buy Online B&M

Hey, anybody price check the URBZ guide? I can't believe that one hasn't dropped, last time I looked at BB there were about 50 copies of it stinking up the shelves ;)

[quote name='kroadmeister']c'mon people don't freaking buy over 1 of the same guides, they'll just pull them and ruin it for everyone else.[/QUOTE]

If you get a sense that the management will pull the remaining guides, one should buy a few extras. I don't mean buy ALL of the guides and hoard them, but a few extras for your fellow CAGs. I was told by a manager that they are supposed to destroy the penny guides, but she would finish my transaction. So, after I paid for those, I dropped off those guides in my car and went back to buy some more from a different cashier, but only those guides that I read someone was looking for.

1b8205b6.jpg

I dunno if you can read anything but I took a pic with my cell phone. Pretty blurry cause I was rushing and holding a stack of guides under my other arm. Nothing new frmo what has already been mentioned, aside from the FF1&2 and Fable that wasn't listed when I left for BB. This is the first time they've put those stickers at any BB I've ever got Penny Guides. It was just sitting there when I walked in.

I was able to get :
Goldeneye x 2
Men of Valor x 1
Mk Deception x 2
Metal Gear Solid 3 x 2
Prince of Persia WW x 1
LOTR Third Age x 2
Ghost Recon X 2

This was at the Emeryville, CA BB. There are tons of everything else there except I got the last of Men of Valor, PoP, and MGS. The cashier asked if I took everything and when I told him theres plenty he told another worker to go him one of each. I may go to another BB later to try and find FF1&2.

The Best Buy on Harbor Blvd. and Imperial Hwy in Orange Co., CA still has a bunch of MGS3, 007:RA, PoP:WW, LOTR:3rd Age, and MK: Deception guides. But no FF1&2, no XMen Legends, no Fable, no Pokemon.

Got every one on the list but no Fable :whistle2:(

Left one Metal Gear 3 many copies left of some the others but they only had one each of the Pokemon full guide, FFI&II, Metroid 2, and PoP2 guide :whistle2:(

Add Pokemon Pocket Trainer's guide to the penny list (little 4 inch book) and . . .
Metroid Prime 2 was a penny!!!!! Jump for joy!

I checked Halo 2, Minish Cap, Half Life 2, GTA SA but they all came up full price.

Weird, my store had the 1c price tags out for some of the 1c guides (haven't seen them do that for at least 2 years). I got hassled by one clerk when price checking . . . "you have to buy the games to get these for a penny." She went to the floor manager . . . I explained that "this is what BB does when they want to clear these out." She checked with the worker in the game area and he said sell them.

Still, I thought I may have the deal pulled out from under me.

[quote name='schultzed']
Weird, my store had the 1c price tags out for some (haven't seen them do that for at least 2 years). I got hassled by one clerk when price checking . . . "you have to buy the games to get these for a penny."[/QUOTE]

I suppose the attribute, "Ability to Fabricate Pre- and Co-Requisites to Discourage Bargain Shopping" is highly regarded during Best Buy's hiring process. No other store pulls stunts like that on such a consistent basis.

Some people are so dumb. I just got back from another one and got 31 cents in guides. They DID have FF:1&2 and MP2, but no Fable.

[quote name='schultzed']
Add Pokemon Pocket Trainer's guide to the penny list (little 4 inch book) and . . .
Metroid Prime 2 was a penny!!!!! Jump for joy!

[/QUOTE]

Metroid Prime 2!! Yes! Mine had one, but I didn't check it. I am going back tonight after work. Hopefully it's still there.

I know what you mean by them almost pulling the deal out from under you. They did the same thing to me today.

Thanks!

[quote name='Optical']Some people are so dumb. I just got back from another one and got 31 cents in guides. They DID have FF:1&2 and MP2, but no Fable.[/QUOTE]

Any chance you're trading/selling all those extras?

best buy needs to be SUED AND SUED big time.

i got 6 Emails saying that my order is ready to pick up in store

goes to store, store has none , calls 888 best buy line

was told THESE ITEMS WILL SHIP in 2 DAYS

Check back tonight all items on Backorder

in 25 days ALL ITEMS WILL BE CANCELLED YOU CAN COUNT ON THAT

noones order though the web will fill who was to pick up in store

this is total BULL Best buy needs to get this asses sued

[quote name='slidecage']best buy needs to be SUED AND SUED big time.

i got 6 Emails saying that my order is ready to pick up in store

goes to store, store has none , calls 888 best buy line

was told THESE ITEMS WILL SHIP in 2 DAYS

Check back tonight all items on Backorder

in 25 days ALL ITEMS WILL BE CANCELLED YOU CAN COUNT ON THAT

noones order though the web will fill who was to pick up in store

this is total BULL Best buy needs to get this asses sued[/QUOTE]

Then go sue 'em.

[quote name='shrike4242']Then go sue 'em.[/QUOTE]

i should take them to judge judy so i can walk down the isle and the talk over dude is saying

sueing for 6 cents :)

I went to pick up MGS3, Ghost Recon 2, LotR: The Third Age, MK: Deception in store and while I was there I grabbed Fable and FF I & II . I didn't expect them to be there so I didn't have any change on me, but when I offered the checkout lady a dollar bill she laughed and paid the $0.02 for me out of her purse. Probably the best experience with Best Buy I've ever had.

well my best buy didnt have any of those, they had a crap load of madden, and pacific assult guides filling most of the rack.

Holy schiznit i went to the Grandville MI Best buy after the crappy 28th, Kentwood one, and the grandville BB had like 20 copies of each one!!!!!!! i got 1 of all of them except for Paper Mario which i forgot to look for until after i left. They even had like 10 copies of DOAU strat guide it was very sweet!!!

[quote name='dinovelvet']Hey, anybody price check the URBZ guide? I can't believe that one hasn't dropped, last time I looked at BB there were about 50 copies of it stinking up the shelves ;)[/QUOTE]

I checked the URBZ, still full price. Forgot to check Metriod 2, and they had a whole stack of them...doh!

I think I have found every guide mentioned here plus a few others.. check my trade list.

I should have looked for MP2 and paper mario but i didn't check those.. RE4 was still full price though. This has got to be the best clearance ever.

Pokemon Fire/Pokemon Leaf rang up as $14.99 for me. Are there different versions of this guide?

I was able to pick up a couple copies of Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories, but everything else was already snatched up by the Best Buy police. They are very quick to get the penny guides off the shelves at this particular location. The only reason the KH guides were there was because they were hidden under some GBA accessories.

[quote name='shipwreck']Pokemon Fire/Pokemon Leaf rang up as $14.99 for me. Are there different versions of this guide?

I was able to pick up a couple copies of Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories, but everything else was already snatched up by the Best Buy police. They are very quick to get the penny guides off the shelves at this particular location. The only reason the KH guides were there was because they were hidden under some GBA accessories.[/QUOTE]

The Prima version is still full price

[quote name='Masterkyo']THanks...... I choose Instore pickup

Mortal Kombat: Deception (2 copies)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (2 copies)
GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (2 copies)
Pokémon FireRed / Pokémon LeafGreen (2 copies)
Men of Valor: Vietnam (2 copies)
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (2 copies)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 ( 2 copies)

Sadly, no Prince of Persia 2 :([/QUOTE]

Ordering 2 copies???? That's not cool. My store was totally cool with the 1 cent guides but they said only 1 per customer. Which is cool with me I just want one copy anyhow.

[quote name='62t']The Prima version is still full price[/QUOTE]

I got one for .01 It did not scan in and I told them it was on-line for .01. They could not locate it on-line, so they sold it to me for .01.

I guess I was lucky..?

[quote name='sark45']Holy schiznit i went to the Grandville MI Best buy after the crappy 28th, Kentwood one, and the grandville BB had like 20 copies of each one!!!!!!! i got 1 of all of them except for Paper Mario which i forgot to look for until after i left. They even had like 10 copies of DOAU strat guide it was very sweet!!![/QUOTE]

dude I'm so about to go there in a couple of hours. I was wondering if there were any other CAGs around GVSU.

I ordered four guides online but forgot the "pick up slip" when I went. I ended up walking out of the Toledo Airport Highway store with an MGS3 and Mortal Kombat.

I really wanted MGS3 so I am certainly a happy man.

I owe you a beer, OP! I got one each of MGS 3, PoP:WW and Goldeneye.

For the handful of CAGs in the Harrisburg, PA area there are 3 Goldeneye guides, one PoP, one LoTR The Third Age and I believe a few Ghost Recons left as of 7:30pm at the Rt 22 store. I think that's it.

I'm looking for Metroid Prime 2, Pokemon, and Final Fantasy I and II.

I picked up all of the rest of the guides. The only ones that I'm looking to keep are Fable, LOTR, and Metal Gear Solid.

Drop me a PM if interested.

Dang, I saw a few Metroid Prime 2's at the BB I went to. Hopefully this stays under the radar at this BB until tomorrow afternoon. I made out pretty well if anyone is looking for a trade. I'm not looking for anything in particular, just PM me what you have to offer.

Guides
Ghost Recon 2
ShellShock Nam 67
MGS3: Snake Eater
Fable
Final Fantasy I & II
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
007: Everything or Nothing (from TRU)

I managed to nab a few that I already had, such as Ghost Recon 2, LOTR: Third Age, Goldeneye, Prince of Persia: WW, and Metal Gear Solid 3.

I was trying to get Mortal Kombat Deception and Fable, but of course they were gone. If anyone did get an extra of those two, perhaps they'll trade with me.

[quote name='siamesellama']I ordered four guides online but forgot the "pick up slip" when I went. I ended up walking out of the Toledo Airport Highway store with an MGS3 and Mortal Kombat.

I really wanted MGS3 so I am certainly a happy man.[/QUOTE]

yeah I picked up , a MGS 3 guide from there also, around what tme were you there? I might have crossed your path.

score...... I went to Best Buy and there was a stack of guides laying on the desk by the computer with a note to take them to the back. I asked where the salesperson in that department was and they said he was at lunch so I grabbed all the guides before they were sent back and bought them......I have a few extras of most except for POP, Mortal Kombat, and Fable (I was only able to pick up one each of those). I can trade with the extras to hook up anyone that didn't get anything.

[quote name='evo t rex']I'm probably the only person who ordered it online. The shipping does kick the deal a bit, but $5 for a guide isn't too bad if it's a good game.

When I looked at In-Store-Pickup it stated that the guides were all backordered. Seemed a bit odd so I chose against it. Also, I never know if I'm going to run into a problem of the item not being at the store when I get there, and then missing out entirely, which has happened before.[/QUOTE]

I did instore pickup on these and I got my confirmation on my two orders. I did notice that the closest BestBuy said it had these guides but when I went to check out it then said it didn't have any, not even one. So I found that strange. So now I have to go to a best buy that's a 20 min drive from me. But for penny guides I really have no reason to complain.

If anyone has extas of Fable, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, Final Fantasy 1&2 Dawn of Souls, and Mortal Kombat Deception then PM me and check my tradelist in my signature. Espcecially Final Fantasy, I am dying for that guide!

went back today and was able to grab

1. FF dawn of souls
2 metorid prime 2 s
1 lord of the rings
2 golden eyes
1 fable
1 metal of honor
2 MK
and 4 others i cant think of

was shocked so much was left cause there was people grabbing these yesterday .

i saw someone at the northcrest store yesterday as soon as theyopened with 20 golden eye books i was like what you going to do with them and they go sell them on ebay. I was like good luck brother by the time you get hte fees and the shipping you be lucky to get your penny back : )

When they didn't have any penny guides at my store, I drove around back to check the dumpsters. But then this voice in my head reminded me to have a little dignity, so I went home empty handed.

[quote name='mcgavin27']are call of duty finest hour or loz:four swords a penny yet?[/QUOTE]

not at Best Buy

bread's done
Back