One Cent Guides Best Buy Online B&M

I went to BB today and picked up FF and Ghost Recon. They had Pokemon, but they had both Prima and Nintendo so I didn't know which one was a penny(anyone know which one it is?).
My parents are going to be near a different BB tomarrow, so I'm going to give them my list and see what they can find.

[quote name='Goodtone']Collectively mind your own business NEWB
just go be a newb and play in the street........(wear a helmet) and then when the short bus shows up to pick you up for school, get in, find a seat, and try not to drool all over yourself during the ride there...[/QUOTE]

Post counts are not indicative of time spent on a site, nor do they correlate to penis size.

And I'll be sure to wait for the short bus to pick me up on its way to my medical school in the fall.

I just got:

Metal Gear 3 x2
PoP:WW
LotR: Third age
Men of Valor
Killzone
DOA: Ulitmate x2
Goldeneye
Mortal Kombat Deception
and one other I can't remember

I sold them to gamestop for $4.75. Was it worth it? ehh, sort of.

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']I just got:

Metal Gear 3 x2
PoP:WW
LotR: Third age
Men of Valor
Killzone
DOA: Ulitmate x2
Goldeneye
Mortal Kombat Deception
and one other I can't remember

I sold them to gamestop for $4.75. Was it worth it? ehh, sort of.[/QUOTE]

Was it worth it? No. You're new, so please allow me to explain. There are many people on this site, me included, who would like to trade for those guides. I can pretty much guarantee you that you would find something you would want in people's tradelists. Any items you might find would be far more valuable than the $4.75 you got for those guides. I'm not criticizing you, I'm just saying you could have done much better for yourself. Something to think about.

I have no need to trade one guide for another, or are people sometimes willing to trade for something other than guides?

Also is there a database of tradelists that I could search?

My BB had all their remaining .01 guides on a table at the front of the store.

I only got 1 each of:

Pokemon
MK: Deception
Goldeneye:RA
Fable
Metroid 2
Men of Valor.

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']I have no need to trade one guide for another, or are people sometimes willing to trade for something other than guides?

Also is there a database of tradelists that I could search?[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to trade other items for guides and I'm sure some other people are as well. Most of those w/tradelists put a link in their sig like mine. CAG works best when the community looks out for each other. That's the whole point of posting these clearance threads. When you're able to benefit from this it is especially helpful when you offer your extras to those who weren't able to get the guides, games, etc. Believe me, there are many people here that would be appreciative of this.

[quote name='Goodtone']fwacce...you obviously have no clue when someone is being a smart ass and joking around with people...FYI I was joking when I said "since I know no one is brave enough to try to flame me" and when I said "and chances are that if you saw me in person, you wouldn't call me any names.. and you would definitely want me on your side"... It was bait for people like YOU and YOU bit the hook like a 190 pound Marlin. I knew some dumbass would say some crap to what I said so I put that stuff there as a joke including the newb comment. If you think I am always serious about what I say on this here little chat forum, then I have some bottled hot air that I will sell you really cheap....if you take things so seriously then I am definitely not the one you need to be talking to...so YOU my friend are the one that needs to go on a diet and "lighten up".......[/QUOTE]

You know, after seeing a bunch of your posts, I just have to say I find you really annoying.

[quote name='phattyphat69']Post counts are not indicative of time spent on a site, nor do they correlate to penis size.

And I'll be sure to wait for the short bus to pick me up on its way to my medical school in the fall.[/QUOTE]

Cool, just don't tell them that your name is "phattyphat69". I am not so sure that Medical schools are into the Ebonics thing. You could always tell them that your Mom bought you "Hooked on Ebonics" instead of "Hooked on Phonics"... Just blame it on your Mom if they find out about your phatty phat 69 name. If they give you any trouble, just tell them "Don't hate the player, hate the game" and then you should be fine after that......enjoy

Good grief.

I'm sorry I ever got involved in this.

If anyone has an extra FF or Metroid Prime 2, I've got an Extra Goldeneye and Fable if you're interested.

[quote name='MightySlacker']Nintendo is the pennied out Pokemon guide

Dave[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dave - I remembered, I bought the Prima guide up and it rang up full-price.

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']I have no need to trade one guide for another, or are people sometimes willing to trade for something other than guides?

Also is there a database of tradelists that I could search?[/QUOTE]

I would have paid you twice that for half of those guides. Nobody seems to want to sell their extras, and I'm offering very reasonable prices. I don't know, so many people picked up so many extras, but they're all "saving them to trade."

I've got an Extra MGS 3 guide, Mortal Kombat: Deception, Goldeneye, LotR: Third Age, and Men of Valor Guides up for trade.

I'd trade any number of them for a Final Fantasy 1+2 guide.

[quote name='Richard18']where and how do you go about finding a "local game trader"?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='62t']local trader might be a Mom and Pop game store.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse anyone. By "local game trader" I mean a mom and pop store that buys/sells/trades CDs, DVDs, PC software, Console games, etc.

[quote name='defiance_17']I would have paid you twice that for half of those guides. Nobody seems to want to sell their extras, and I'm offering very reasonable prices. I don't know, so many people picked up so many extras, but they're all "saving them to trade."[/QUOTE]

what guides did you need or were you looking for??

I got 1 or 2 copies all the guides listed at 2 BB's except for Pokemon, Metroid 2 and Fable.

Seems like people here don't mention being able to grab these 3 as much as the rest of the guides... Metroid Prime 2 I can understand but why is Fable harder to get a hold of?

Went back to find Metroid Prime 2. Only found one FF1&2 for a penny. All other guides were cleared out, likely by management as the price tags that were there were also pulled.

Anyone know why some BBs are ruthless and trash the clearance stuff while others will post $0.01 signs and some even put 0.01 stickers on each of the guides?

[quote name='sabin23']Metroid Prime 2 I can understand but why is Fable harder to get a hold of?[/QUOTE]

My local BB had 6 MP2 guides and at least 10 Fable guides last time I was there, so their inventory (and consumer demand) must vary by location.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']yup :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's been a penny since the last round of pennied out guides at Best Buy...there is a thread about this that is constantly floating around...THAT SHOULD BE STICKIED for this very reason. :)

Just returned from Best Buy in Cuyahoga Falls and nothing. Checked out Morrowind, which is a two year old guide but it still rings up the full $19.99 :cry:

From the Ann Arbor, Michigan store I got: 2 ea. of Goldeneye, Men of Valor, MK Deception, Ghost Recon 2 (sealed even), and singles of FF I & II, LOTR 3rd Age, and Killzone. They had TONS of stuff left of those multiples I pulled.

Wow, this deal couldn't be as much on the different ends of YMMV as the two Best Buy's in my area. The one in Beaverton, OR didn't have any of the newer penny guides, but they did have Killzone and Dragonball Budokai, which were part of the last set of pennied out guides. I took them up and they rang up at 1 cent, but the cashier said that was a computer mistake and they needed to adjust them to the regular price. They seem to be under the impression that this is purely a glitch and shouldn't ever happen. When I mentioned that the BB web site sells them for that much and that BB regularly pennies out guides they don't want any more she responded with the "we don't match our web site" defense, which was really beside the point.

Anyway, I went today to the one in Clackamas, OR, and they have the newer guides on the shelf, WITH $0.01 PRICE STICKERS on them, and had no problem selling them to me. The cashier wanted to go back and get some for himself after he helped me.

Wierd...

Hey Guides I have for trade are 2 Metal Gear Solid 3, 3 Mortal Kombat Deception, 1 Paper Mario, 2 Dead or Alive Ultimate, 3 Golden Eye: RA, 3 Men of Valor. I'm looking for Star Ocean 3 or anything else you are willing to trade.

bread's done
Back