One Cent Guides Best Buy Online B&M

In Tallahassee, I picked up:

Ghost Recon 2
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Metroid Prime 2
MGS3
Mortal Kombat
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

All are FS/FT so PM me if interested. Thanks OP!

[quote name='gregthomas77']PIcked up

5 Men of Valor
2 Paper Mario
9 Lord of the Rings Third Age
5 Mortal Combat Deception
21 Goldeneye[/QUOTE]

21 Goldeneye's. Why? To start some campfires this summer?

To all that inquired about my Final Fantasy guide...let me get back to you. I've checked everyone's tradelists and nothing jumped out at me.

[quote name='little_krampy']21 Goldeneye's. Why? To start some campfires this summer?

To all that inquired about my Final Fantasy guide...let me get back to you. I've checked everyone's tradelists and nothing jumped out at me.[/QUOTE]

I am starting a useless paper collection, and my bachelors and masters degrees were getting lonely.

I'd be interested in trading for any of these guys if anyone wants to help out a CAG without a Best Buy anywhere nearby

Final Fantasy I & II
Fable
Kingdom Hearts CoM

Have a look at my guides I have for trade in my Sig & PM me if interested in anything I have :)

yeldarb367 check the link for your trade list it goes to the old CAG homepage & needs fixed ;)

[quote name='gregthomas77']I am starting a useless paper collection, and my bachelors and masters degrees were getting lonely.[/QUOTE]

There was no shortage of Deception and Rogue Agent Guides at one of the stores I went to, and I didn't feel like causing one. 21? Why not leave some for other people?

[quote name='guessed']There was no shortage of Deception and Rogue Agent Guides at one of the stores I went to, and I didn't feel like causing one. 21? Why not leave some for other people?[/QUOTE]

I did. I made sure to leave at least 5 of each title, except paper mario.

By the way, Rhino gives one dollar of trade in per guide. I do not know how much others give. Either way, this is a large return considering the small investment.

From the Colonial Heights, VA BB:

1 Metal Gear Solid 3
1 DOAU
1 PoP Warrior Within
1 Goldeneye Rogue Agent
That cleaned them out of everything but Goldeneye (the dividers were marked at .01).

The Midlothian BB was more fruitful; the rack was disorganized and there were no price dividers:

1 MGS3 (a couple left, though a BB associate was eyeing a copy)
2 Ghost Recon 2 (at least five left, a couple of which were shrink-wrapped)
1 Goldeneye (a bunch)
1 PoP Warrior Within (at least three left, if I recall)
1 Paper Mario (I bought the only copy - $.27)
1 Fable (at least five or six left)
1 Men of Valor (I think I got the only copy)
2 Killzone (this was a surprise at .01; there were at least five left)

There was also an old busted copy of SC:pT, but it was still full price (oddly enough).

[quote name='gregthomas77']PIcked up

5 Men of Valor
2 Paper Mario
9 Lord of the Rings Third Age
5 Mortal Combat Deception
21 Goldeneye[/QUOTE]

Did anyone mention you're a useless fucking hoarding jackass? No? Well, consider yourself informed. WTF do you need more than 2 copies of a guide? Maybe, if you knew a couple of friends and picking up guides for them, though WTF do you need 9 copies of the LOTR:TTA guide, the 5 copies of Men Of Valor and 21(!!!!) copies of G:RA?

I'd love to hear your explanation, if you have the rational explanation to why.

[quote name='shrike4242']Did anyone mention you're a useless fucking hoarding jackass? No? Well, consider yourself informed. WTF do you need more than 2 copies of a guide? Maybe, if you knew a couple of friends and picking up guides for them, though WTF do you need 9 copies of the LOTR:TTA guide, the 5 copies of Men Of Valor and 21(!!!!) copies of G:RA?

I'd love to hear your explanation, if you have the rational explanation to why.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he wants the guides with the posters so he can wallpaper his room.

[quote name='shrike4242']Did anyone mention you're a useless fucking hoarding jackass? No? Well, consider yourself informed. WTF do you need more than 2 copies of a guide? Maybe, if you knew a couple of friends and picking up guides for them, though WTF do you need 9 copies of the LOTR:TTA guide, the 5 copies of Men Of Valor and 21(!!!!) copies of G:RA?

I'd love to hear your explanation, if you have the rational explanation to why.[/QUOTE]

Hi. Nice to meet you you fucking prick. Hoarding would be to say, fuck all of you, you can't have any. Not only did I leave copies, but I would be glad to help other CAG'ers who couldn't find copies get one. Jesus H. Christ, who died and made you lord of all that is moral.

[quote name='gregthomas77']Hi. Nice to meet you you fucking prick. Hoarding would be to say, fuck all of you, you can't have any. Not only did I leave copies, but I would be glad to help other CAG'ers who couldn't find copies get one. Jesus H. Christ, who died and made you lord of all that is moral.[/QUOTE]

We'll see about in that time, fucking hoarder.

[quote name='gregthomas77']Hi. Nice to meet you you fucking prick. Hoarding would be to say, fuck all of you, you can't have any. Not only did I leave copies, but I would be glad to help other CAG'ers who couldn't find copies get one. Jesus H. Christ, who died and made you lord of all that is moral.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean all the CAG'ers who couldn't find one because you grabbed them all? :p

I can imagine maybe 4 or 5 (which is a lot), but 21?

[quote name='gregthomas77']If I was hoarding, I would I fucking tell you guys I had them?[/QUOTE]

Of course. To gloat, to ask where the fucking hell you could dump 'em, damned if I know. Enjoy.

Oh, and just so you know, I don't claim to be lord of all moral. Just have a good nose for fucking hoarding. Enjoy.

[quote name='resonatorxl']Do you mean all the CAG'ers who couldn't find one because you grabbed them all? :p

I can imagine maybe 4 or 5 (which is a lot), but 21?[/QUOTE]

I see countless stories about people going in and being told they are going to override the price or the guides being pulled from the shelf when people notice the price. I don't give them that chance, and now I am a damn enemy of the state. Make up your fucking minds.

I see countless stories about people going in and being told they are going to override the price or the guides being pulled from the shelf when people notice the price. I don't give them that chance

Well, you really didn't give many others the chance now, did you?

I think what upsets people is that you're bragging about the fact that you pretty much cleaned out a store of nearly all of their guides and then think big of yourself for leaving little to nothing left for everyone else.

Seriously, what seems right about buying 21 of an item for yourself and then leaving 5 for everyone else?

What upsets people most in here is the fact that this site is meant to help everyone out to get a good deal, and when someone comes in and cleans a place out and leaves nothing for everyone else, it un-does the purpose of the post.

That's just my personal opinion.

I got one of each of the following at the Hialeah, FL store:

Def Jam: Fight For NY
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Ghost Recon 2
Fable
Tony Hawk's Underground 2

They had plenty of all the guides I mentioned except for THUG 2, since I got the only one of that.

[quote name='psunami']Well, you really didn't give many others the chance now, did you?

I think what upsets people is that you're bragging about the fact that you pretty much cleaned out a store of nearly all of their guides and then think big of yourself for leaving little to nothing left for everyone else.

Seriously, what seems right about buying 21 of an item for yourself and then leaving 5 for everyone else?

What upsets people most in here is the fact that this site is meant to help everyone out to get a good deal, and when someone comes in and cleans a place out and leaves nothing for everyone else, it un-does the purpose of the post.

That's just my personal opinion.[/QUOTE]

OK. I get what you are saying. However,

1. I did not clean the place out.

2. I am willing to help work it out where other CAG'ers can get some of the copies I got if they want them (like the countless posters who say they have been coming up empty at their local BB).

I don't see the big deal about buying a bunch of the guides. I came up empty at my Best Buy because they pulled all the penny guides. If they find out the guides are supposed to be pulled they will pull them as soon as they see one person buy them for a penny. So I say buy em up and trade with other CAGers! On that note I am looking for the Prince of Persia, Fable, and Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls guides. Check my signature for my guide tradelist to trade!

[quote name='gregthomas77']I am starting a useless paper collection, and my bachelors and masters degrees were getting lonely.[/QUOTE]

Seriously... leave some guides for the rest... you greedy bastard.

[quote name='Purkeynator']I don't see the big deal about buying a bunch of the guides. I came up empty at my Best Buy because they pulled all the penny guides. If they find out the guides are supposed to be pulled they will pull them as soon as they see one person buy them for a penny. So I say buy em up and trade with other CAGers! On that note I am looking for the Prince of Persia, Fable, and Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls guides. Check my signature for my guide tradelist to trade![/QUOTE]

It depends on the store... My store is glad to sell you guides. Only 1 of each per customer. Which is very reasonable.

anyone know why some BB have the guides in plastic and other are opened. the one store every guide was in plasic but the other store every guide was open.

i got a spare

fable , goldeneye, ummmm i think prince , lotr, mk and pokemon (I think pokemon dont know if i want to keep it or not. i do have the game but might be selling it for the new pokemon

also have a metal gear but that book is so freaking thick hate to see what the shipping would be on that :)

also was able to get a FF 1-2 dawn of souls but that mine RUNS though the store screaming MINE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH : _ )

A friend of mine picked up a crapload of guides the past month or so, but he gives them away and trades them. I also picked some up from the last penny markdowns, and I have some extra if anyone wants to pay for shipping.

I have a few of each of the following:

Def Jam FFNY, NCAA Football 2005, NBA Live 2005, ESPN NBA 2k5, Killzone, MechAssault 2, NFL Street 2, and Crash Twinsanity.

Also, a few Goldeneye RA's if anyone needs one. Just PM me.

Ok enough talking smack to the people who buy up the guides. I am going to take up for those people since I know no one is brave enough to try to flame me.....If I was to go into a store and see a ton of .01 guides, I would buy them ALL. Every single one so that I would keep the guy down the street at the "SWAP USA" shop (who ALWAYS buys up these guides and then re-sells them in his shop) from getting them. Just know that the next person that comes up on those guides is going to buy every single one of them if you don't. Smart thing to do is buy them ALL. Then I would come on here and trade with other people that bought 21 copies or whatever of a guide and make your collection bigger and help out a fellow collector. I am not hording and we are all here to help each other out so if someone buys all the guides, it might not be a bad thing. "Don't hate the player, hate the game"....... and chances are that if you saw me in person, you wouldn't call me any names.. and you would definitely want me on your side.....

[quote name='Goodtone']"Don't hate the player, hate the game"[/QUOTE]

Well really, that's all you had to say. I think the collective mind of CAG has been swayed.

Does anyone have an extra Metal Gear Solid 3 or Fable guide they would want to trade???

I have the following guides:

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Dragonball Z Budokai 3
Killzone
NFL Street 2
Mech Assult 2

I also have a U.S. Playstaion Demo disc with the downloadable Socom 2 maps.

[quote name='Goodtone']Ok enough talking smack to the people who buy up the guides. I am going to take up for those people since I know no one is brave enough to try to flame me....blah blah blah....... and chances are that if you saw me in person, you wouldn't call me any names.. and you would definitely want me on your side.....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, with that avatar who WOULDN'T want you on their side? Who the hell are you again?

Anyways, ignoring the unecessary macho bullshit, I agree, and have to disagree with Shrike on this one. It's penny guides that could possibly be all bought up by the first person that sees the 1 cent sticker, or could be yanked and tossed out. The argument that "You shouldn't buy so many so other CAGers have the low probability of getting one" doesn't seem to hold a terrible amount of weight. Christ, the guy said he left at least 5 of each, and that seems plausible after I saw about 40 goddamn pokemon guides at mine.

And where's the consistency? I haven't checked CAG1000's trade thread in a while, but I don't see any bitches flaring up that he has 25 Mario Party 5 guides for trade. And he's had 25 Mario Party 5 guides for a LONG TIME, so that proves that not too many people want these guides in the first place. Save the argument of "Well they are a penny at the store and no shipping", because if you are willing to pay .01, but not .01 plus media shipping, you don't want the fucking guide that much now do you?

Oh, my haul today. I maxed myself at 2 each (I would have gotten more, not 21 mind you, but since I have to ship these to Ohio moderation is key).

Metal Gear Solid 3 x 2
FF Dawn of Souls x 2
LOTR Third Age x 2
Ghost Recon 2 x 2
PoP: WW x 1
Rogue Agent x 2

Dave

[quote name='gregthomas77']OK. I get what you are saying. However,

1. I did not clean the place out.

2. I am willing to help work it out where other CAG'ers can get some of the copies I got if they want them (like the countless posters who say they have been coming up empty at their local BB).[/QUOTE]

I think that the title `hoarder' tends to get thrown around when someone buys more of something than it would seem that they could even reasonably carry out to their car by themselves in one trip. It's that 21 copies of the same guide more than anything that's raising people's hackles.

Granted, as has been noted, the guy who comes buy and buys these things to resell on eBay or in his store, or the employee that buys them all up before people get a chance that's really annoying (as happened at a Best Buy near me. I was talking to a cashier and she mentioned that one of the employees bought all the guides (~$0.50 worth...) when he found out).

[quote name='CaptPete']I think that the title `hoarder' tends to get thrown around when someone buys more of something than it would seem that they could even reasonably carry out to their car by themselves in one trip. It's that 21 copies of the same guide more than anything that's raising people's hackles.[/QUOTE]

I am a big guy, it wasn't a difficult trip to the car.

Here's the deal. If anyone wants to trade for one of the guides I got, PM me. If anyone wants to pay a penny plus shipping, PM me. If anyone has a problem with me, please "Step into my office".

[quote name='MightySlacker']Yeah, with that avatar who WOULDN'T want you on their side? Who the hell are you again?

Anyways, ignoring the unecessary macho bullshit, I agree, and have to disagree with Shrike on this one. It's penny guides that could possibly be all bought up by the first person that sees the 1 cent sticker, or could be yanked and tossed out. The argument that "You shouldn't buy so many so other CAGers have the low probability of getting one" doesn't seem to hold a terrible amount of weight. Christ, the guy said he left at least 5 of each, and that seems plausible after I saw about 40 goddamn pokemon guides at mine.

And where's the consistency? I haven't checked CAG1000's trade thread in a while, but I don't see any bitches flaring up that he has 25 Mario Party 5 guides for trade. And he's had 25 Mario Party 5 guides for a LONG TIME, so that proves that not too many people want these guides in the first place. Save the argument of "Well they are a penny at the store and no shipping", because if you are willing to pay .01, but not .01 plus media shipping, you don't want the fucking guide that much now do you?

Oh, my haul today. I maxed myself at 2 each (I would have gotten more, not 21 mind you, but since I have to ship these to Ohio moderation is key).

Metal Gear Solid 3 x 2
FF Dawn of Souls x 2
LOTR Third Age x 2
Ghost Recon 2 x 2
PoP: WW x 1
Rogue Agent x 2

Dave[/QUOTE]

Good to know that you can disagree with me sometimes, Dave. And yes, I'm guessing the draw for the Mario Party 5 guide isn't that high. No point at bitching at CAG1000 for having all those guides, the punishment fits the crime there.

[quote name='phattyphat69']Well really, that's all you had to say. I think the collective mind of CAG has been swayed.[/QUOTE]
Collectively mind your own business NEWB
just go be a newb and play in the street........(wear a helmet) and then when the short bus shows up to pick you up for school, get in, find a seat, and try not to drool all over yourself during the ride there...

If anyone got an extra Metroid Prime 2 guide, I would gladly pay shipping + a couple bucks for it via Paypal. PM me if interested

[quote name='jboy']Does anyone have an extra Metal Gear Solid 3 or Fable guide they would want to trade???

I have the following guides:

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Dragonball Z Budokai 3
Killzone
NFL Street 2
Mech Assult 2

I also have a U.S. Playstaion Demo disc with the downloadable Socom 2 maps.[/QUOTE]

I'll trade you a Fable for the Dragon Ball Z guide.

I was able to land two MK:D, two SH4 and two Shellshock at my store. Someone ACTUALLY bought up the motherload of guides they had last week. =\ So, if anyone has any spare MGS 3 or Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green guides, I'd be willing to trade anything I got today or that's in my trade list. Thanks OP!

PS: What company puts out the Pokemon guide that's pennied? I tried the one at my store and it rang up full price - I think it was the Brady one, I don't remember now?

If anyone has a Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls guide I will trade one of the following guides for it

Mech Assault 2 Lone Wolf (Prima)
Prince of Persia Warrior Within (Brady)
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green (Nintendo Power)
LotR: The Third Age
Ghost Recon 2
Kill.Switch (Brady)
Medal of Honor: Front Lines (Prima)
UFC Tapout 2 (Brady)
Dragon Ball Z Budokai (Prima)
NFL Street 2 (Prima)
Kill Zone (Prima)
Spryo a Hero's Tail (Prima)
max payne 2 (brady)
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (Brady)
Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 (Prima)
TNMT 2 (prima)
thug2 (Brady)
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (Brady)
Wario World Nintendo Power Guide
max payne 2 (brady)
Dragon Ball Z Legacy of Goku II (Prima)
TMNT 2 (prima)
Duel Masters (Prima)
raw vs. smackdown (prima)

[quote name='ZForce']If anyone got an extra Metroid Prime 2 guide, I would gladly pay shipping + a couple bucks for it via Paypal. PM me if interested[/QUOTE]

PM sent

Can I ask what some of you do with these guides? I understand buying 1, 2, or even 3 of the same to have one for yourself and trade bait. But some of you are buying 10+. What's the point?

I noticed when I went to the two BB close to me today that both were practically cleaned out. The only guide left at one was Goldeneye and the other one which pretty much had everything yesterday was down to 3-4 copies of Fable, 5-6 of Metroid Prime, and 1 older penny guide Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal. Back to my questions though...I tried a while back getting credit at Gamestop for a few penny guides I bought and the guy didn't even scan them in he just said 50 cents each. Today I found a local game trader that offered $2-3 for guides, I was pretty excited about that but they only keep one of each game in inventory so it's not like I could bring them 4 or 5 of the same. Another local offered only $1 a guide. Checking two more tomorrow but I don't expect anyone to do better than $2-3 a guide. It's pretty sweet I turned $0.06 into $16.00.

it seems funny that whenever you are trying to get some guides there is someone around asking if you need any help and when ever you are looking for something and cant find it, there is no one around.

[quote name='Goodtone']Collectively mind your own business NEWB
just go be a newb and play in the street........(wear a helmet) and then when the short bus shows up to pick you up for school, get in, find a seat, and try not to drool all over yourself during the ride there...[/QUOTE]

Please allow me to retort.

1) Phatty has been a member here for exactly 4 months longer than you. You make yourself seem unintelligent by not being able to understand a calendar.

2) The short bus joke died a long time ago, as did Don't Hate the Player, Hate the Game. Please get some new material.

3) You can do what you want with your guides. If you want to buy them all and sell them, then feel free. I think you assume too much when you assume that anyone here cares what you do.

4) I really don't care if people hoard or not. However, when you walk into a forum and claim that no one will flame you because you're supposedly some big guy, then you make yourself out to be a moron. And you sound even worse. No one's hands are trembling so much while trying to turn off their computer before you can trace them to show up at their house. Seriously, lighten up man.

5) Atlanta sucks.

6) Who are you again?

Have a nice day :)

[quote name='little_krampy']Can I ask what some of you do with these guides? I understand buying 1, 2, or even 3 of the same to have one for yourself and trade bait. But some of you are buying 10+. What's the point?

I noticed when I went to the two BB close to me today that both were practically cleaned out. The only guide left at one was Goldeneye and the other one which pretty much had everything yesterday was down to 3-4 copies of Fable, 5-6 of Metroid Prime, and 1 older penny guide Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal. Back to my questions though...I tried a while back getting credit at Gamestop for a few penny guides I bought and the guy didn't even scan them in he just said 50 cents each. Today I found a local game trader that offered $2-3 for guides, I was pretty excited about that but they only keep one of each game in inventory so it's not like I could bring them 4 or 5 of the same. Another local offered only $1 a guide. Checking two more tomorrow but I don't expect anyone to do better than $2-3 a guide. It's pretty sweet I turned $0.06 into $16.00.[/QUOTE]

where and how do you go about finding a "local game trader"?

fwacce...you obviously have no clue when someone is being a smart ass and joking around with people...FYI I was joking when I said "since I know no one is brave enough to try to flame me" and when I said "and chances are that if you saw me in person, you wouldn't call me any names.. and you would definitely want me on your side"... It was bait for people like YOU and YOU bit the hook like a 190 pound Marlin. I knew some dumbass would say some crap to what I said so I put that stuff there as a joke including the newb comment. If you think I am always serious about what I say on this here little chat forum, then I have some bottled hot air that I will sell you really cheap....if you take things so seriously then I am definitely not the one you need to be talking to...so YOU my friend are the one that needs to go on a diet and "lighten up".......

I picked up a few guides today, thanx OP!!!
I have FT:
3 Final Fantasy I&II: Dawn of Souls
2 MGS3
1 LOTR:3rd Age
1 MK Deception

The store I went to had plenty of most of these guides. I want Fable and POP:WW and maybe some others I can't think of.

[quote name='little_krampy']Can I ask what some of you do with these guides? I understand buying 1, 2, or even 3 of the same to have one for yourself and trade bait. But some of you are buying 10+. What's the point?

I noticed when I went to the two BB close to me today that both were practically cleaned out. The only guide left at one was Goldeneye and the other one which pretty much had everything yesterday was down to 3-4 copies of Fable, 5-6 of Metroid Prime, and 1 older penny guide Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal. Back to my questions though...I tried a while back getting credit at Gamestop for a few penny guides I bought and the guy didn't even scan them in he just said 50 cents each. Today I found a local game trader that offered $2-3 for guides, I was pretty excited about that but they only keep one of each game in inventory so it's not like I could bring them 4 or 5 of the same. Another local offered only $1 a guide. Checking two more tomorrow but I don't expect anyone to do better than $2-3 a guide. It's pretty sweet I turned $0.06 into $16.00.[/QUOTE]

I actually have a used book/game/music store that I trade them into. They usually give 5-7 in store credit per guide. their trade in system is kinda wonky though, you can use your credit to get half off something (ie a $10 book would be 5 credit and 5 cash) and you cant overlap (ie book credit can only go towards books), but its a nice discount, and the credit I can divide up and give out as gifts (which is what I just did before I moved)

Dave

bread's done
Back