OT - Amazon closed my account for being a CAG

As others have already said, that's really messed-up considering how amazing Amazon's customer service usually is. Plus, they make so much friggin profit that those couple of "incidents" shouldn't warrant a ban.

[quote name='whoknows']It does sound like for a couple of those the OP was just trying to get something for free. It may have been a little too much in the OP's case, but I'm honestly glad Amazon is doing this now. People complain just for the sake of hoping to get something free. I hope Amazon starts banning more of those people who continuously try to take advantage of Amazons great CS.[/QUOTE]

I almost feel like Amazon created these greedy begging bastards. They're just too damn generous sometimes. Customers get spoiled by these retarded outsourced credit-giving CSR's and thus the entitled monster who thinks they're always right is created. This will hopefully be a lesson to everyone else to pick your battles with them wisely.

I feel that you took advantage of Amazon in instances 1 and 2 or at least expected something to go wrong in 1 so you could ask for that credit (since its apparent you noted the customer uploaded picture).
In 3 - not enough info, maybe the credit was there when you checked out? If not ok.
In 4 - a bag that was limited? Were you trying to resell the bag in the future?

Yikes... that's a frightening story. I feel like I've had an equal number of incidents with Amazon in the last month or so. I buy a lot, but they screw up a fair bit too... Doesn't seem right that they didn't issue any kind of warning. Hope you have some recourse to restore your account.

[quote name='dancing_boy']posts like these generally withhold information.....
just sayin.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Member since 2009 and can't bother to search for the other forums? Shame.[/QUOTE]

This x 1000. If you didn't know Amazon could ban your account for any reason, however arbitrary, now you know, but that should be common knowledge by now. But this has no real place in the deals forum. It was one guy who got banned, and not a widespread fiasco affecting hundreds of CAGs like some of that ECA stuff.

Furthermore there is a Deal/Shopping Discussions forum that this belongs in because its a discussion of a retailer and some shopping incidents. OP was too lazy to read the forum descriptions? Really? As if there are many if any "Off Topic" posts permitted in the deals forum? I'm surprised a mod didn't move this yesterday (figuratively speaking).

Amazon is great. It keeps getting better year after year. I think either you complain way too much, you are dealing with a dickhead CSR, or it's a mistake.

Good luck to you.

[quote name='VA']I'm sure that there are some details being left out.......[/QUOTE]

It's possible. I purchase a lot from Amazon and i've returned quite a few items and no issues with them. On the flip side i've never worked promos in my favor just what's posted on their website.

NO...you're account was closed for being a bad CAG.

I'm glad these 'incidents' are catching up with folks.

The good lot of us don't give a fuck your account was closed.

Bravo Amazon...makes me like them even more :applause:

Has anyone looked at this 'CAG' and seen how many posts were made 'bragging' about Aamzon's CSRs in their favor?

And why in the fuck is this in the deals section...this should be in the bragging rights section in Amazon's favor for cutting a bad CAG loose.

Last edited by a moderator:
huh.. well, this topic sounds a bit iffy but it does bring up a concern. I recently just had to return about 7 artbooks that they shipped imporperly and came in damaged. Most replacments were shipped out packaged properly this time (with a cardboard backing and wrapped to it), but one got sent in a friggin bubble mailer again!

now im wondering if i should call and complain about that one or just eat it =P I dont want to get banned for causing 'incidents'

but then again ive spent over 12K with them this year probably, so id be kinda shocked if they did ban me over something like that. Honestly though i better enjoy it while it lasts, i think i heard theyre charging sales tax here in Cali next year. WHen that happens my purchases with them will probably drop by over 80%

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Sounds like a case of someone bitching and whining getting what he deserved.[/QUOTE]

He never did anything wrong.

[quote name='stoned99']obviously you need to complain to BBB[/QUOTE]

Amazon would wipe their ass with a complaint from the BBB. The BBB has no authority and is just a sham of an organization.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Maybe Cheapy can help! Cheapy brings amazon so much business, I'm sure one word from him and the account can be restore.

okay maybe not..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, since there's no way Cheapy knows if OP is telling the truth, there absolutely no reason to touch this. He's making too much money off amazon, why rock the boat?

[quote name='ssjmichael']I almost feel like Amazon created these greedy begging bastards. They're just too damn generous sometimes. Customers get spoiled by these retarded outsourced credit-giving CSR's and thus the entitled monster who thinks they're always right is created. This will hopefully be a lesson to everyone else to pick your battles with them wisely.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Muthafodder']NO...you're account was closed for being a bad CAG.

I'm glad these 'incidents' are catching up with folks.

The good lot of us don't give a fuck your account was closed.

Bravo Amazon...makes me like them even more :applause:

Has anyone looked at this 'CAG' and seen how many posts were made 'bragging' about Aamzon's CSRs in their favor?

And why in the fuck is this in the deals section...this should be in the bragging rights section in Amazon's favor for cutting a bad CAG loose.[/QUOTE]

Yep. All the children that kept harrassing amazon CSRs until they got what they wanted should get banned. If you have a legitimate concern, then yes, Amazon should take care of you. But if you're just trying to save money because you know that amazon's CS bends over backwards to help people, then I hope you get banned.

I always laugh when CAGs start talking about how they called CSR and complained until they got their $1 back. a dollar...

I bet you the 30% ECA huge order people are sweating right about now. :bouncy:

it would be deliciously ironic if CAG also banned him from using their service for posting in the wrong forum XD

Hi OP can you please share with us approximately how much you spent on amazon per year? And did you have an amazon seller account?

wow, i didnt no a thread like this would turn two sided so quickly, I dont think the guy did enough to get banned, unless he was trying to bleed Amazon dry which I noticed has become a bit more popular around CAG, I really like Amazon so I doubt they are also unreasonable in their claim. A simple conversation should fix this with amazon. If there is a problem like certain credit that isn't applied than they will help you with it as much as they can, although i might have a different opinion a little later on,

I recently purchased an old xbox game (Fatal Frame II) for around $22 that was listed as like new from a third party seller sponsored from amazon

The item was no where near like new because it came in some generic gray case that was a bit scuff but I didn't care too much since i just scored fatal frame 2 for $22 but then i noticed this huge smudge on the disc so I popped it in and guess what, it doesnt work so now I'm in the process of returning it

What I'm afraid of is that amazon will say "no refund! you didn't return the game like new since you sent it back in some generic gray case" so now I'm wondering should i call them back and also tell them that the game is definitely not like new and the seller is posting misleading item descriptions?

This was an interesting read and surprised by some of the jack ass comments here. I read the whole OP and my feeling is if this was all his 'incidents' then this is outrageous. I am leading to there may be more to this but if I go by whats written in the OP then this is scary. I received a letter like this a couple years back, and it was a warning. It asked me to not contact regular CS in the future. So i backed off from bringing up issues, even though to me they were legitimate. I recently sent a few emails for damaged games and dvds which normally is never a problem, (Atelier Totori is in a soft box and they sent in a bubble mailer smashed to hell, twice!).

I was just having this fear that Amazon may wind up like retail darlings, Best Buy or GameStop after years of missteps, and get bad reputations.

I live in California and the TAX that is coming will slow my Amazon purchases down as it is. Because right now I buy a ton of shit off of them without much thought.

This topic makes me very apprehensive about investing in the kindle fire later this year. I don't want to tie up my media purchases if they could just ban me for whatever reason and lose all that digital content.. I'll probably cancel my pre order for one at this point. Really disappointing stuff from amazon.

[quote name='exaznkid']
The item was no where near like new because it came in some generic gray case that was a bit scuff but I didn't care too much since i just scored fatal frame 2 for $22 but then i noticed this huge smudge on the disc so I popped it in and guess what, it doesnt work so now I'm in the process of returning it

What I'm afraid of is that amazon will say "no refund! you didn't return the game like new since you sent it back in some generic gray case" so now I'm wondering should i call them back and also tell them that the game is definitely not like new and the seller is posting misleading item descriptions?[/QUOTE]
You do know that smudges/fingerprints wipe right off usually with a soft cloth, right? If you're otherwise OK with the purchase and it's only smudged and works after wiping it off, then why bother trying to return it?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You do know that smudges/fingerprints wipe right off usually with a soft cloth, right? If you're otherwise OK with the purchase and it's only smudged and works after wiping it off, then why bother trying to return it?[/QUOTE]

You'd hope he would have tried to clean it first :lol:

[quote name='jer7583']This topic makes me very apprehensive about investing in the kindle fire later this year. I don't want to tie up my media purchases if they could just ban me for whatever reason and lose all that digital content.. I'll probably cancel my pre order for one at this point. Really disappointing stuff from amazon.[/QUOTE]

Just don't do shady crap and you won't get banned.

Look, I don't know what the OP did and I'm not gonna say anything about his story but I doubt Amazon bans people willy nilly.

I'm pretty sure there's much more to this situation than what is listed in the OP. Especially with the statement of "While the tens of thousands of $$$ we, specifically I, spent in the course of 7 years from TV's, Computers, to even Refrigerators, and Lawn Chairs don't mean anything." in the OP.

I'll actually thank the OP for at least having the courage to post about this incident when it's so easy to rail on him. It's an important warning to all buyers that ask CS for anything. Amazon gets half of my business at least. If I were to be banned gosh that would be so awful so on that end I feel bad for him. But as mentioned here, it's a good reminder to all the CAGs that love to abuse CS for credits/codes/trade-in's etc. Everything is documented so it may come to bite you in the ass.

I love Amazon so every now and then if they mess up on something I'll just deal with it without putting up a fight. There's enough deals from them that I still benefit from so in the long run I win. A $10-20 promo credit here and there is not worth the trouble. Just further proof that the mass banning years ago was not an isolated deal and bans still get issued out.

[quote name='confoosious']
I bet you the 30% ECA huge order people are sweating right about now. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
If Amazon would consider that a ban-able offense, they would have done something years ago.

This sucks. Sorry to hear OP. Reading this thread, my first reaction is to say that what we hear isn't the whole story and that Amazon has always served me right. But this can happen to anyone technically. Might be simply that probably all those flags on one month and your history, whatever it is, caused someone to add you to the ban list, even if you are a loyal and good costumer. In the end, they probably only look at how many refunds/request to CSR you have regardless of if you are on the right or wrong of the argument.

Probably someone who does 1-2 shady/false complaints a month get by the system, but a good costumer who buys a lot complains, within his right, for 5-6 things a month; Amazon looks at the one who complained 6 times, not the one with 1-2. Maybe this is a bad example, but the fact that we, as consumers, don't know or never get the details on how Amazon does this ban process, is scary at times, since we never truly know what qualifies as a red flag in their book.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']But what the hell were these "incidents"?[/QUOTE]

Silly, you know what these incident were...see below.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']...I got a total of $47 in credits/refund applied to my Amazon account after bringing these issues up with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

See...you knew all along.

If you also knew the terms of Amazon, you'd also know that they do not offer price matches, adjustments, promotional offers are only valid during the stated period, etc., etc.

So why are you surprised that they no longer want your business if you are continually contacting their CSRs to mitigate their policies.

If you truly had a problem after a purchase for an item you received (or failed to receive) you're allowed to return the item under their stated conditions...YOU ARE OWED NOTHING otherwise. You do not need to contact CSR for a return, you can set the whole thing up yourself.

You can't just call CSRs and make up the rules.

Rarely should you have a VALID reason for contacting a CSR through either chat or phone as the above COMMON outlets will resolve your issue by returning your item.

You don't think Amazon's quality control & internal auditors monitors their CSR reps wherever their located to monitor this abusing activity. Yes, you abused their terms...once, twice, fifty damn times...doesn't matter. Your name popped up more than their liking and during reconciling these items from CSRs to invoices in sum...I can only imagine what this reconciling amount (net adjustments related to 'incidents') is each month/period. They don't have to do business with you...and I don't blame them.

They obviously offer the outlet of returns as they get their WHOLE asset back under their roof.

Do you go to Wal-Mart, GameStop, etc. and stand in front of CSRs, refusing to leave until they bend to your will?

I don't think you're being wholly honest in your 'incidents.' Maybe you were an ass and the CSR sped up your banning process in return?

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Anyway, hope you guys never gets shafted like we did. Just wanted to share this experience.[/QUOTE]

You weren't shafted...you were shafting them.
I only hope Amazon doesn't get shafted anymore like you had done to them. :D

I also hope other outstanding CAGs return to share their ban stories for others to enjoy.

What did you think, we'd throw a pity party for you?

This is a good read (the 2nd post):

http://archive.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=908910

The majority of customers - blacklisted and not blacklisted - believe Amazon did not handle this matter properly.

Amazon has failed to define what is and is not considered "an extraordinary number of incidents."

Amazon has also failed to define what is and is not a "concession incident."

Customers speculate that a concession incident could by any one or more of the following: (1) Coupons, (2) full returns, (3) partial returns, (4) full refunds, (5) partial refunds, (6) A to Z claims, (7) post order price Guarantees, (8) Visa Rewards, (9) refusing shipments, (10) returning defective items, (11) cancelling orders, and so on.

A concession incident is essentially an action that causes Amazon to make less than the maximum amount of profit per transaction.

Most people also agree that Amazon should have defined what is and is not considered "an extraordinary number of incidents." But most importantly, Amazon should have sent an email to the members in question stating that their account would be closed if they continued to request too many "concessions."

The former customers are very much upset with Amazon because Amazon did not provide any notification of any kind that their accounts were in poor standing according to Amazon's unpublished internal policies. Amazon's former customers are also upset that Amazon is refusing to allow them to continue to shop at their webstore even if they were to no longer request any concessions.

Many customers believe that this unexpected blacklisting is an attempt by Amazon to implement stricter return policies. However, Amazon does not want to make any official changes to their terms of service regarding return policies. Amazon is trying to perpetuate the illusion that "returns are easy" at Amazon.

All Amazon customers must be well aware of the terms of service they agree to whenever they use any Amazon service. Amazon customers must be aware the submitting an above average number of concession requests will result in their permanent closure of their account.

Reading more about it, the OP likely raised a red flag simply because he went to their CSR in such a short time frame. That raises a red flag pretty quickly. All those 4 incidents were basically around a month.

I do my share of complaining too, but I don't do it very often.

Moral lesson, you guys shouldn't be too complacent and not try to haggle Amazon for every single deal. Try not to do it for just $3 - $5 price difference.

Amazon can and WILL close your account and they typically do it without warning.

Well I have quite a few preorders with them. I also called them when I didn't get my 20 credit for gears of war collectors edition. I know it was there when I purchased it. I was even gonna cancell because Kmart had the better offer but I went through.

The I preordered in early june for demon souls Ce and they saying the shipping was the 18-24. I cancelled. I don't complain often but I will get was advertised. If they ban me then so be it. No company can strong arm by fear. I would like to think there very reasonable.

One complaint Amazon shares some of the blame because they keep listing and de listing promotions. Also if you pre oreder and they offer 20 in credit there wording seems to have me believe you will be entitled to the credit automatically. Maybe they need to clarify.

I really hope the whole banned for not buying crap for a certain amount of time thing has more behind it. I have data in Amazon's cloud services, have digital games on my profile and buy all of my electronics from them so rely on my account for receipts when crap breaks.... I'm broke at the moment and haven't bought anything for a while now and most likely won't for the rest of the year unless I trade more crap in, if I lose all of my crap I'm sooooo gonna achieve SSJ3....

[quote name='Muthafodder']Silly, you know what these incident were...see below.

See...you knew all along.

If you also knew the terms of Amazon, you'd also know that they do not offer price matches, adjustments, promotional offers are only valid during the stated period, etc., etc.

So why are you surprised that they no longer want your business if you are continually contacting their CSRs to mitigate their policies.

If you truly had a problem after a purchase for an item you received (or failed to receive) you're allowed to return the item under their stated conditions...YOU ARE OWED NOTHING otherwise. You do not need to contact CSR for a return, you can set the whole thing up yourself.

You can't just call CSRs and make up the rules.

Rarely should you have a VALID reason for contacting a CSR through either chat or phone as the above COMMON outlets will resolve your issue by returning your item.

You don't think Amazon's quality control monitors their CSR reps wherever their located to monitor this abusing activity. Yes, you abused their terms...once, twice, fifty damn times...doesn't matter.

They obviously offer the outlet of returns as they get their WHOLE asset back under their roof.

Do you go to Wal-Mart, GameStop, etc. and stand in front of CSRs, refusing to leave until they bend to your will?

I don't think you're being wholly honest in your 'incidents.' Maybe you were an ass and the CSR sped up your banning process in return?

You weren't shafted...you were shafting them.
I only hope Amazon doesn't get shafted anymore like you had done to them. :D

I also hope other outstanding CAGs return to share their ban stories for others to enjoy.

What did you think, we'd throw a pity party for you?[/QUOTE]
You know I don't understand why people here have to be rude and feel like attacking someone from sharing their experiences.

Besides...

Even so, that's hasn't stopped almost every CAG here from doing it. Heck every other Amazon deal here basically has CAG's making sure Amazon gives them the NEW lower prices or the most promotional credit, etc.

And it's up to the CSR's discretion not to honor every customer's request.

http://archive.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=908910

^ Good read regarding this topic.

Ah great now that I've cancelled the BF3 pre-order (budget issue) I'm being paranoid because I've had a few more issues in the past couple of months than ever before (UPS told me they lost it, Amazon sent me a replacement and then both showed up... I sent one back, but still I felt like an ass).

[quote name='Muthafodder']If you also knew the terms of Amazon, you'd also know that they do not offer price matches, adjustments, promotional offers are only valid during the stated period, etc., etc.

So why are you surprised that they no longer want your business if you are continually contacting their CSRs to mitigate their policies.[/QUOTE]

Then Amazon CSR should have just denied him the credit requests. Not give it and then ban him for receiving it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You do know that smudges/fingerprints wipe right off usually with a soft cloth, right? If you're otherwise OK with the purchase and it's only smudged and works after wiping it off, then why bother trying to return it?[/QUOTE]

If the item was described as "like new", and he received it in a generic grey case, than he's already got a legitimate case for a return regardless of whether he also found a SMUDGE or not.

[quote name='gepet0']I preordered in early june for demon souls Ce and they saying the shipping was the 18-24.[/QUOTE]

I had pre-ordered the guide for Demon's Souls at the $24.xx price before they were unavailable and came back for order at a lower price. Couldn't cancel because it was processing for release date delivery...two days pass release date no guide. No update on expected shipping date.

I didn't call CSR and complain like a baby for a price adjustment like MANY others were doing...I returned an item for missing a release date, and re-ordered at the lower price.

If it had arrived on release date...oh fucking well...I could've still returned it, but they would have deducted the return shipping from my return if it wasn't damaged or a result of their fault.

People need to realize when they have a valid complaint and weigh the difference to the return shipping instead of the 'adjustment' that they feel a CSR should entitle to them.

No need to fear if you are handing issues within their stated guidelines.

NEVER would a CSR adjustment that YOU requested (err demanded) a valid 'incident.' An offer extended to you WITHOUT demanding is a while different ballgame...something that 99% of the BS I read on hear isn't.

Even so, that's hasn't stopped almost every CAG here from doing it. Heck every other Amazon deal here basically has CAG's making sure Amazon gives them the NEW lower prices or the most promotional credit, etc.

And it's up to the CSR's discretion not to honor every customer's request.
uh hello just because every cag does it means nothing. Insofar as the CSR's discretion you are ridiculous. Most CSRs are pretty hamstrung by policy and while they can do a little to make the customer happy its not up to them to go outside their own rules and limits and I guarantee you that if you are rude to them they are not the ones doing the banning. I guarantee you that the issue gets escalated to a higher up who reviews the account and does the banning.

I bet the op was being a whiny B the whole time threatening to never shop at amazon ever again until he got his way in the chat log and it was probably over $5.

When those logs got reviewed by a supervisor I am certain they were like **** this guy hes done.

There is a difference between reasonably asking for something and making a huge stink until you get your way.

Im 100% certain that the OP was being unreasonable to the CSR's because it was either that or he just complained too much and the cost in servicing him for his purchases was not worth the cost of doing business with him.

Businesses not even ones as profitable as amazon would stop doing business with a customer unless it was absolutely in their best interest.

Besides every little asshole who pulls that shit with Customer Service makes it that much harder for the rest of us with our legitimate complaints.

Customers like the OP are the reason that restocking fees and stricter return policies exist.

[quote name='confoosious']If Amazon defined the number, then slickdealers would just abuse them until they got up to that number.[/QUOTE]
It's not just SDer's abusing it though. You have to know that there's gotta be some portion of fault on CAG and CAG's thrown in there, not to mention FW and the occasional random Joe Shmoe consumers as well who feel that 'the customer is ALWAYS right'.

[quote name='Muthafodder']I had pre-ordered the guide for Demon's Souls at the $24.xx price before they were unavailable and came back for order at a lower price. Couldn't cancel because it was processing for release date delivery...two days pass release date no guide. No update on expected shipping date.

I didn't call CSR and complain like a baby for a price adjustment like MANY others were doing...I returned an item for missing a release date, and re-ordered at the lower price.

If it had arrived on release date...oh fucking well...I could've still returned it, but would they would have deducted the return shipping from my return if it wasn't damaged or a result of their fault.

People need to realize when they have a valid complaint and weigh the difference to the return shipping instead of the 'adjustment' that they feel a CSR should entitle to them.

No need to fear if you are handing issues within their stated guidelines.

NEVER would a CSR adjustment that YOU requested (err demanded) a valid 'incident.' An offer extended to you WITHOUT demanding is a while different ballgame...something that 99% of the BS I read on hear isn't.[/QUOTE]

Agreed but why does or what does it mean when amazon send out that statement ( thanks for your preorder if the priced goes down we will credit accordingly or something like that).

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm pretty sure there's much more to this situation than what is listed in the OP..[/QUOTE]

Also agree. People take things differently. People that talk loud may appear to be yelling to the receiving end.

I am not stanning for amazon but they have been more than helpful on any issue I have had. It is a good thing to remember logs are kept. I also believe high volume buyers get the benefit at times. In this instants it may work the same in reverse.

Whenever I see posts like these claiming unfair treatment, I automatically wonder how much of the whole story is being told. It's not as if someone is likely to admit that they were a demanding PITA since that defeats the purpose of garnering sympathy. I've always thought that too many people go thermonuclear as the first step, threatening to sue, demanding and exhibiting overwhelming entitlement and grievance ESPECIALLY if they're trying to pull a scam or abuse the generosity of the merchant.

I've had to deal with Amazon customer service a few times over snafus and issues, but I don't think I've got anything to worry about because I always dealt with them via email which provides a paper trail; I clearly explain the issues of concern and what the remedy should be and always sign off with, "Thank you for your attention to this issue."

I once accidentally purchased a couple of TV shows because there was no indication I was being charged and I had a credit which applied for something else that I thought was being used. When I realized what had happened within 15 minutes, I IMMEDIATELY wrote A'zon CS with what had happened, the order #s of the erroneous purchases, and a note that there's no way I could've watched the shows and pulled a scam. I politely asked if it could be possible to void the charges and revoke the videos from my account? They got back to me the next day saying it wasn't their policy to offer refunds on these purchases, but since I'd explained the error they would this time. Maybe they flagged my account in case I tried to pull such a stunt again. Who knows?

About a year ago, I bought a used DVD set from an Amazon merchant and it never showed up. I filed a lost package claim and we worked together to see about tracking it down with the post office - who was absolutely useless - and after a couple of fruitless weeks, the seller issued a refund. I felt bad for them - they'd lost out - but we settled it without drama, negative feedback, etc.

I'm not saying some sellers/buyers aren't jerks - I didn't get feedback from an eBay seller, probably because I gave a positive feedback, but made a qualifying comment in my feedback and they got butthurt - but it's remarkable how much you can get if you just stay cool, don't try to scam, and clearly spell out what you're properly owed.

If true - and no reason not to believe it - it's a scary precedent. We do about 90% of our non-grocery shopping at Amazon, as does my family, with whom I shared Prime.

A few months back, one of the resellers on Amazon (Fulfilled by Amazon) was over a month late shipping something that was supposed to ship in 2 days, but they charged me full price up front. I requested cancellation, which Amazon granted, Amazon gave me a credit and the reseller shipped anyway. A month later, Amazon requested permission to reauthorize my card, which I granted - but I wrote a scathing review of the reseller, who charged up front for an out-of-stock item that was listed as available for immediate shipping.

Amazon never recharged me. In fact, I received a note from them a few weeks later saying that, 'in light of the resellers failure to ship on time, we are not going to charge you for this item.' It was over $100. Bear in mind, I DID authorize them to recharge my card and never asked to get the item free.

Wonder if that is going into an incident report on my account?

[quote name='Agent Orange']If the item was described as "like new", and he received it in a generic grey case, than he's already got a legitimate case for a return regardless of whether he also found a SMUDGE or not.[/QUOTE]
But if you notice he ALSO said THIS:
[quote name='exaznkid']
The item was no where near like new because it came in some generic gray case that was a bit scuff but I didn't care too much since i just scored fatal frame 2 for $22 but then i noticed this huge smudge on the disc so I popped it in and guess what, it doesnt work so now I'm in the process of returning it[/QUOTE]
So basically they still felt like they got a deal, even though it was in a generic case that was scuffed up. The thing they complained about most was the fact that there was a smudge on the disc and as I hinted to I hope they attempted to wipe off the smudge BEFORE even considering a return. Albeit what the seller there did WAS shady with the misleading listing saying it was 'like new' when it clearly was not, but again the poster I quoted didn't seem to have that much of an issue with the condition save for the smudge.

[quote name='icedrake523']Then Amazon CSR should have just denied him the credit requests. Not give it and then ban him for receiving it.[/QUOTE]

No, individuals should understand the terms of service for entities they're interacting with. I don't recall reading that issues handled through CSRs are exempt from their policies.

A lot of the CSRs are co-sourced in India and may deal with a different vendor with each incoming call. Often these outsourced agencies play by a different set of CS rules set forth in the contract between them and their vendor (in this case Amazon)...we'll never know this information.

Regardless, Amazon is well within their stated guidelines to ban anyone for a single instance, whether successful or unsuccessful, of 'customer' attempts in mitigating their stated policies...by whatever means.

Your statement would be be as sane being upset, that a bank didn't honor that worthless check someone wrote for those items in their possession.

Obviously the bank, and Amazon, isn't going to be aware of the activity other than subsequently and will take appropriate action.

Wow. Before scanning through this thread, I had no idea that Amazon banned accounts. Further, I am very surprised in the severity of banning (e.g., banning any account related to yours: accounts using same address / last name / credit card / Amazon Prime subscription).

I've only ever had one issue with Amazon in my past 6 - 7 years of being a customer with them. Well two, however, the other issue was with an Amazon seller. But knowing this still makes me nervous.

I just can't imagine not being able to shop with Amazon. From digital content (Kindle books, mp3, movies, and now games/apps) to their unbeatable deals to their wide variety of goods... Amazon is an incredible retailer and an unrivaled online storefront. Not being able to shop there would feel like losing a limb. Just can't imagine life without it.

Now knowing that they ban accounts without any sort of warning whatsoever is very scary. This is coming from someone who has had little to no issues with them (Amazon).

Well, I was excited to play Fatal Frame 2 since i never actually got to finish that unique game that i liked so i guess i was too giddy to expect this much failure since i thought like new meant it would at least be in working condition, I did try wiping off the smudge but not surprisingly it was permanent and it wouldn't come off and i doubt my xbox 360 managed to solidify the smudge in the 3 minutes it was trying to read it, even if it worked I would still feel disappointed that my like new (I'm liking these red letters :lol:) game is actually not even close to good, and was actually defective, a proper reason why i should return it,
now back on topic (kinda) I am more worried that they might call bullshit on me for not returning a like new game, mostly because what I received was far from like new

As much as I love Amazon and hate people harassing CS for credit, a complete ban without any warning is far too draconian. They should have "restricted" account that disables returns/customer service support. This is especially important going forward since the account is tied to so many digital services (kindle, mp3, game downloads).

Bans without the reasons are psychological warfare. I cancel a ton of pre-order games (before they go into shipping soon) and I'm scared those count as negative marks against me. I created this thread earlier this year.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298060

Also, no offense but the OP sounds like a pain in the ass. Using an inaccurate *customer* image as the reason for demanding credit? I find it hard to believe that the OP would complain about such minor things just this month and not have a long history of doing so.

[quote name='Antipodes']As much as I love Amazon and hate people harassing CS for credit, a complete ban without any warning is far too draconian. They should have "restricted" account that disables returns/customer service support. This is especially important going forward since the account is tied to so many digital services (kindle, mp3, game downloads).

so.[/QUote]

Ive considered this but is it legal to restrict returns on a subset of customers?

bread's done
Back