OT - Amazon closed my account for being a CAG

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG'] I came across others who got their Amazon accounts closed too from varying reasons that included getting too many discounts, returns, shipping too many items as gifts, and even not buying from them for long periods of time, etc.[/QUOTE]

Why would they ban someone for buying gifts? Anyone has any insight on this?

I ask because during the holiday season I buy TONS of items as gifts. And when I say tons I mean TONS. Last year I think I probably shipped closed to 50 gifts during the holiday season for friends and family. Is that grounds for banning? I also ship birthday gifts for family members all years long, (And my family is HUGE), and I routinely buy clothes, shoes and videogames and ship them to my wife's office as gifts to surprise her (You have to try being married to a gamer girl. Best thing since sliced bread. But I digress) . I probably do this once a week! Am I in danger of getting banned because of this? What gives? Who am I hurting? Anyone has any idea where this nonsense comes from?

[quote name='TheBigmac']Why would they ban someone for buying gifts? Anyone has any insight on this?

I ask because during the holiday season I buy TONS of items as gifts. And when I say tons I mean TONS. Last year I think I probably shipped closed to 50 gifts during the holiday season for friends and family. Is that grounds for banning? I also ship birthday gifts for family members all years long, (And my family is HUGE), and I routinely buy clothes, shoes and videogames and ship them to my wife's office as gifts to surprise her (You have to try being married to a gamer girl. Best thing since sliced bread. But I digress) . I probably do this once a week! Am I in danger of getting banned because of this? What gives? Who am I hurting? Anyone has any idea where this nonsense comes from?[/QUOTE]

Because they aren't really gifts. There's more to the story than whoever posted on slickdeals or the internet would have you believe. People sell stuff on ebay, then buy it from amazon, and then "gift" it to the ebay buyer using amazon's prime service. Get it?

I send gifts all the time. But there's a difference between 10 or even 50 gifts around the holidays to a handful of addresses and 500 gifts all year round all to diffferent addresses.

Sucks for the OP if he's telling the truth and listed all of the incidents. My friend got Banned from Amazon for abusing the free prime trials.

[quote name='confoosious']Because they aren't really gifts. There's more to the story than whoever posted on slickdeals or the internet would have you believe. People sell stuff on ebay, then buy it from amazon, and then "gift" it to the ebay buyer using amazon's prime service. Get it?

I send gifts all the time. But there's a difference between 10 or even 50 gifts around the holidays to a handful of addresses and 500 gifts all year round all to diffferent addresses.[/QUOTE]

Ok, that's makes more sense. I don't ship 500 gifts a year but If I had to guess I'd say maybe I ship a hundred? As for amazon prime, even thou I am a prime member, I rarely ship my gifts via prime since I had and incident once of a gifts being left in a doorstep and getting lost, so since then I ship all my gifts via standard shipping which is handled by USPS and ends up locked up in someone's mailbox. I tend to reserve the free two day UPS shipping for the things I buy for myself. Maybe that doesn't make it that bad? Still I'm curious to know where is the threshold where gift shipping can get you in hot water with amazon 100? 200? 300 gifts a year? What If I already crossed the threshold? This thing is scary. Amazon even ships the cereal for my breakfast to my doorstep. A banhammer would be a major pain for me. Maybe I'll start top reconsider shipping those Nintendo 3ds games for my nice and nephew so often. Maybe I'm spoiling them. Yes, yes, I might be spoiling them (Who am I kidding, I'm freaked out by big brother and I need my cereal!)

[quote name='TheBigmac']Ok, that's makes more sense. I don't ship 500 gifts a year but If I had to guess I'd say I may ship 100? As for amazon prime, even thou I am a prime member, I rarely ship my gifts via prime since I had and incident once of a gifts being left in a doorstep and getting lost, so since then I ship all my gifts via standard shipping which is handled by USPS and ends up locked up in someone's mailbox. I tend to reserve the free two day UPS shipping for the things I buy for myself. Maybe that doesn't make it that bad? Still I'm curious to know where is the threshold where gift shipping can get you in hot water with amazon 100 ? 200? 300 gifts? a year? What If I already croosed it? This thing is scary. Amazon even ships the cereal for my breakfast to my doorstep. A banhammer would be a major pain for me. Maybe I'll start top reconsider shipping those Nintendo 3ds games for my nice and nephew so often. Maybe I'm spoiling them. Yes, yes, I might be spoiling them (Who am I kidding, I'm freaked out by big brother and I need my cereal!)[/QUOTE]

How many of your 100 gifts are to different addresses?

If you send 100000 gifts to one or 2 or even 5 addresses, I don't amazon would mind.

When you read about bannings on the internet, everyone spins the story like it was all very arbitrary and they did nothing wrong. I doubt amazon just bans people who do nothing wrong. The people who got banned for gift giving are the ones who really are ebay resellers.

If you're giving gifts in the normal course of being a person, you will be fine.

[quote name='kodave']Almost got your account closed? Holy shit I'm shocked you weren't banned.[/QUOTE]
Yeah like I said it was basically a warning email. Looking back I'm surprised too. I learned my lesson. I think I've contacted them twice since the email...and only with legit questions.

It just makes me question the amount of "persistence" the OP used and if there was anything else he wasn't telling. Maybe it helped slightly that I was a Prime member? I wouldn't really think so but maybe just enough to keep them from banning me.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah like I said it was basically a warning email. Looking back I'm surprised too. I learned my lesson. I think I've contacted them twice since the email...and only with legit questions.

It just makes me question the amount of "persistence" the OP used and if there was anything else he wasn't telling. Maybe it helped slightly that I was a Prime member? I wouldn't really think so but maybe just enough to keep them from banning me.[/QUOTE]

One thing that is kind of telling is that several people have asked the OP if he had Prime and he hasn't responded. Makes me wonder if he can't answer a simple question like that.

There's just no logic in the banning thing.

Ban someone, they're never able to buy from you.
Tell someone no 10, 100, 1000 times to various insane or extreme requests regarding price matches and discounts, etc, maybe you'll piss them off, but there's still a chance they'll buy from you.

[quote name='jer7583']There's just no logic in the banning thing.

Tell someone no 10, 100, 1000 times to various insane or extreme requests regarding price matches and discounts, etc, maybe you'll piss them off, but there's still a chance they'll buy from you.[/QUOTE]

You are assuming each phone call and email is free. Each time you send an email or a phone call is causing amazon money.

[quote name='jer7583']There's just no logic in the banning thing.

Tell someone no 10, 100, 1000 times to various insane or extreme requests regarding price matches and discounts, etc, maybe you'll piss them off, but there's still a chance they'll buy from you.[/QUOTE]

I think you're failing to understand that they don't make money on certain (banned) customers. Therefore you don't want them to ever buy from you again.

[quote name='62t'] Each time you send an email or a phone call is causing amazon money.[/QUOTE]

Costing, not causing.

This thread is freaking me out. I had to return/exchange something(faulty hard drive) a couple weeks ago and I canceled an order today (found it cheaper elsewhere), and yesterday didn't receive a package UPS said was delivered to my doorstep. I haven't filed anything yet. I wonder if I should give them until the end of Monday to see if it shows up.

I guess the difference is that I haven't called and wasted man hours.

[quote name='jer7583']this is crazy talk. the customer should come first.This kind of attitude is crazy where they are nice and bend over backwards for you on complaints, until that final straw breaks their limits and they treat you like a criminal?

Why not just be polite about refusing those account credits and "special treatment" in the first place so they don't have to consider you a "devil customer"?

Or is it that you think its a good thing for people to read about these banning stories and as a result they should think "well, gosh i better not try to get any discounts at amazon or they might ban me! I'll pay full price, please!"

Nobody who shops anywhere should ever have to be worried about being blacklisted, and accidentally getting their whole family's accounts blacklisted as well. This is just egregious behavior on the part of amazon and if a major news outlet was to pick up on it, they'd be backpedaling hardcore.

Bottom line for me is that you can't do anything while shopping at amazon that they don't allow. If you talk to a CS rep and that rep agrees to match a price, take a return, or give a credit, that's their choice. You should not have to worry about being punished later on for it. It was fully in their power to say no to that request.

This kind of attitude towards the customer just means that you will eventually wear away at any goodwill built with your most loyal customers and send them somewhere else. I know we're all CAGs but as we've seen in the Kmart threads, even the best deals can't make up for horrible customer service.[/QUOTE]

Not saying I agree one way or the other, but the overall customer satisfaction would drop if they switched to just denying customer service requests. Their strategy is to have the appearance of an overly generous customer service so that the average person has a great experience with them. They will trust Amazon as a retailer that will take care of their problems, and recommend them to friends and family.

The story has been on the (local) news before:
http://www.ketv.com/video/17405717/detail.html

I honestly think that with they need to modify their outright ban policies with advent of account-based digital goods. They are going to lose a lot of trust with their digital services if people realize they can lose access to them completely. Sure, B&M stores can ban you too, but at least it doesn't block you from goods already purchased.

if amazon did their job right maybe people wouldnt have to complain

in last 6 months

i went in to order
SNK Vs Capcom Card Fighters Clash and asked them 3 times in chat before placing order and once in email

This is the 2nd print and not the bugged verison.. they all said yes

Get the game and its the bugged verison .. amazon refunds the money and gives me 10 bucks for the problem

thinkSMART Labyrinth sent me the wrong game told me to keep the first game sent me a replacement for free

Tactics orge... all i ask is if they had the cards with the game they send me another copy for free tell me to keep the first game

out of 28 total orders in the last 6 months

[quote name='confoosious']I think you're failing to understand that they don't make money on certain (banned) customers. Therefore you don't want them to ever buy from you again.[/QUOTE]

well obviously we're talking a difference between using the gift system for defrauding them and asking for a price match on a purchase.

Let's be logical here.

I can't believe people are even defending amazon on this shit.

[quote name='jer7583']well obviously we're talking a difference between using the gift system for defrauding them and asking for a price match on a purchase.

Let's be logical here.

I can't believe people are even defending amazon on this shit.[/QUOTE]

Smh. Everyone thats been banned by amazon has no idea why and never did anything wrong. There no way they were a huge PITA. Just like everyone in shawshank is innocent.

I will agree that you should have access to your digital content even after a ban.

[quote name='confoosious']Smh. Everyone thats been banned by amazon has no idea why and never did anything wrong. There no way they were a huge PITA. Just like everyone in shawshank is innocent.

I will agree that you should have access to your digital content even after a ban.[/QUOTE]

like I said, outside of obviously illegal or fraudulent behavior a customer should never be permanently banned, and that ban should never extend to their relatives or friends, or people that they've logged in at their computer/house.

[quote name='jer7583']like I said, outside of obviously illegal or fraudulent behavior a customer should never be permanently banned, and that ban should never extend to their relatives or friends, or people that they've logged in at their computer/house.[/QUOTE]

And your reasoning behind that is because they might buy something in the future?

Since amazon has identified them as unprofitable customers, they don't WANT them to buy anything in the future.

[quote name='confoosious']And your reasoning behind that is because they might buy something in the future?

Since amazon has identified them as unprofitable customers, they don't WANT them to buy anything in the future.[/QUOTE]

they wouldn't have been unprofitable if amazon had denied their requests. That's on them.

You're actually serious aren't you?

If an asshole customer is keeping CSRs on the phone over and over for $10, I'd give him that ten bucks just to get him out of the queue. It's easier to get rid of someone like that by just paying him off. In the cost-benefit equation, the CSR has other things to do. The guy is never gonna go away. So you pay him and let the escalation team take care of it. It's amazon's fault that the guy was being a huge nuisance and refused to go away? No. Sometimes people are assholes and you need to just get rid of the headache.

You're completely myopic to the situation because you love the whole "CORPORATION = BAD" routine. Whatever man. Most reasonable people can see that not every customer is a good customer. There are such things as devil customers. Real pain in the ass customers. Those are the customers you don't want coming into your store. Everything you sell them is broken and it's not their fault. The price drops and they want a refund. Someone else gets a concession and they want the same thing.

A regular mom and pop operation says "We don't want your business." Amazon bans your account. It's the same thing. It's not illegal and I frankly applaud them for it. Keeping asshole customers away from amazon means that legitimate people with legitimate concerns get the proper customer service.

You want to blame amazon for everything. As if there aren't people out there constantly trying to take advantage of amazon's cs and good will. You blame amazon's cs for being too nice? uhh ok. There are TONS of people who try to take advantage of every sale, every glitch, every return allowance. Hell some of them even brag about it on CAG. If you think that Amazon is the devil, then so be it. No point in arguing with you about that I guess. Feel free to have the last word.

Op was probably just being 'too persistent' in getting the discounts, refunds and credits he felt he deserved with reps. Might have angered a rep or a rep noticed that in the costumer contact log op had just spoken with a rep and it was logged not five minutes ago and here he is again trying to get the same 'issue' resolved. As the first rep who logged the contact didn't offer a solution he wanted and one rep simply decided to internally flag his account for review as problem customer noticing a pattern.

[quote name='confoosious']You're actually serious aren't you?

If an asshole customer is keeping CSRs on the phone over and over for $10, I'd give him that ten bucks just to get him out of the queue. It's easier to get rid of someone like that by just paying him off. In the cost-benefit equation, the CSR has other things to do. The guy is never gonna go away. So you pay him and let the escalation team take care of it. It's amazon's fault that the guy was being a huge nuisance and refused to go away? No. Sometimes people are assholes and you need to just get rid of the headache.

You're completely myopic to the situation because you love the whole "CORPORATION = BAD" routine. Whatever man. Most reasonable people can see that not every customer is a good customer. There are such things as devil customers. Real pain in the ass customers. Those are the customers you don't want coming into your store. Everything you sell them is broken and it's not their fault. The price drops and they want a refund. Someone else gets a concession and they want the same thing.

A regular mom and pop operation says "We don't want your business." Amazon bans your account. It's the same thing. It's not illegal and I frankly applaud them for it. Keeping asshole customers away from amazon means that legitimate people with legitimate concerns get the proper customer service.

You want to blame amazon for everything. As if there aren't people out there constantly trying to take advantage of amazon's cs and good will. You blame amazon's cs for being too nice? uhh ok. There are TONS of people who try to take advantage of every sale, every glitch, every return allowance. Hell some of them even brag about it on CAG. If you think that Amazon is the devil, then so be it. No point in arguing with you about that I guess. Feel free to have the last word.[/QUOTE]

I'm basing it more on my experience working in customer service with a national retailer. That kind of attitude simply didn't exist. There were rules and there were ways to bend them but there was never any indication that someone could be banned just for "asking for too much" from us.

Now fraud, that's different. But simply asking "too many times" for discounts or adjustments wouldn't cut it. A company with good customer service policies will simply give an "unfortunately, no" as many times as it takes to retain a potential or current customer. If the customer then chooses not to shop there again or not to order the item when the rules are not bent, that's their choice.

I don't think "corporations are bad" or "amazon is the devil" i actually quite like them. But these policies are confrontational with the customer. That is poor customer service.

The decisions about whether the selling price or promotion is profitable for the company should be done when those prices and promotions are set, and when the rules for adjustments and price matches are made.

This "well that customer wasn't making us money anyway" stuff is totally ignorant. You don't know what that person is or isn't going to do. If your store gives the customer the option to purchase items without your store profiting then maybe it's time to evaluate your store's pricing policies, not ban customers.

[quote name='jer7583']If your store gives the customer the option to purchase items without your store profiting then maybe it's time to evaluate your store's pricing policies, not ban customers.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this statement. Look at the Amazon BF3 thread, how many people got $20 free promo credit simply for calling in and asking if they could get the deal too? Amazon's CSR reps have been trained to give out promo credits in this situations, and that is a large part of the problem. I don't think most people even called in and said "hey give me a promo credit since I didn't get that e-mail!" The thing that's really dumb is that they were in the process of extending the BF3 promo to everyone, yet they still gave out a ton of credit?!

Lets be smart here, there is a reason why they give out promo in these situations, and why they give out promo credit with games. It's because they know that it will keep you coming back, and if you get a $10 or $20 credit you are likely going to spend it on something that costs more than that. There is no reason for them to give out credit every time something goes wrong with an order. We shouldn't abuse their generosity, but they should evaluate their policy in that regard.

Throwing out credit is the easiest thing to do. The average customer will always be happy at the resolution, and it cuts costs in customer service training/expertise. Amazon figures it's an easy way to keep the customer base happy and they'll ban the abusers in the long run.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah like I said it was basically a warning email. Looking back I'm surprised too. I learned my lesson. I think I've contacted them twice since the email...and only with legit questions.

.[/QUOTE]

can you give me examples of legit questions?

im somewhat afraid to contact amazon because im not sure if my question is legit or not.:booty:

anybody besides OP here who got banned?

im afraid to ask amazon to adjust my gift card amount to cash value.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm the same way usually when I get a used game, though I don't go to quite those lengths. But I DO remove any stickers from whatever store I bought them from. Then I use those same stickers to remove any residue by peeling and resticking the stickers over and over.

As for using "microfiber" cloth versus a shirt or another soft cloth to wipe down the discs I've found that as long as you're gentle there are zero issues with using a shirt or other cloth to wipe discs down....well at least Blu-Rays anyway. If you're talking about a standard DVD or CD, then yeah, anything other than one of those microfiber cloths may scratch the crap out of them.

Oh and FYI: I've seen the folks at places like GS using Windex on a game disc before. I don't know if the chemicals in that stuff does anything to discs, but it sure makes them shine.;)[/QUOTE]

HAH OCD gamers of the world unite =P I dont knwo about BD's. Im talking about classic CD/DVD games. Particuallry those horrible black bottom PS1 disks that get scratched if you look at them funny.

Im not sure about windex. It does seem to clean stuff well but im concerned about residue either damaging the disk, particularly on old CD ones and delaminating them, or just residue building up and getting off onto the lens. Hence my wash-alcohol bath-rinse method

[quote name='jer7583']I don't care about the amazon defense force, the fact that these amazon banning stories are so common and can be read all over the internet is enough for me to say fuck their tablet initiative.

Investing in a hardware platform like that could mean spending a huge amount of money with that company on digital goods - i simply do not want to risk any future problems a year or more from now that I might have with amazon.com physical purchases causing my account to just be banned without notice or warning, and losing access to all of that content.

I fucking hate apple. With a passion. But this amazon banning bullshit? It's enough to make me consider an overpriced ipad instead of a kindle fire.

Again, I don't care if this happened to one person or a thousand people, or 50 thousand people, the fact that this is real, acceptable customer service policy by amazon is enough to turn me off to them in a HUGE way.[/QUOTE]

Ya.. Im amazed how many people are flaming the OP. Who knows, maybe theres more to the story, but any policy where they can just say 'hey, we'll cancel your account and you cant use or buy shit from us for whatever reason we want' is BS. Especially with stuff like the Kindle. Personally, ive never done half the shady crap im seeing some people post here, but I HAVE returned quite a few items because they were damaged in shipping.. how the fuck is that my fault that Amazon cant package their shit right? Dont sent expensive art books in a god damn bubble mailer

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='joshnorm']Now, now. If they pick up on Xbox banning an autistic kid for "being too good at Games" they would run with this.

Now that was later proven that he got the recon armor from someone who hacked it for him, etc. but it did get some press.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR_HoOvIO_g
[/QUOTE]

missed this... One thing:

YUCK! did you see how nasty that fucking controller was? Jesus christ, what the hell did the kid do to that thing. That is the nastiest controller ive ever seen. Ungh

[quote name='joshnorm']Now, now. If they pick up on Xbox banning an autistic kid for "being too good at Games" they would run with this.

Now that was later proven that he got the recon armor from someone who hacked it for him, etc. but it did get some press.

[/QUOTE]

Yeesh, I missed this video ... One thing:

YUCK! did you see how nasty that fucking controller was? Jesus christ, what the hell did the kid do to that thing. That is the nastiest controller ive ever seen. Ungh

The truth is that any retail store can refuse service to anyone for any reason. I assume Amazon is the same, they have the right to refuse service to anyone. I have seen stores refuse service to those who are extreme couponers, especially when the couponer is cleaning out half the stock from a department and leaving the store nothing to sell to those who really need those items.

Irrelevant but stores can also refuse warranty service to anyone for any reason, which is why I do not buy extended warranties, they aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

One thing is for sure I will not be making any digital purchases with amazon for this reason.

This worries me. I had a kindle replaced and it took amazon 5 times before they send me one that had only one stuck pixel all the others had clusters of stuck eink....or battery problems...damn referbs

Unfortunately per some manufacturers' warranties a certain amount of stuck or dead pixels is considered 'normal' and as such would not be covered under a warranty.

It's pretty funny how everyone who has said they were banned claimed to have spent "thousands of dollars" with Amazon and their ban came as a huge surprise. I don't think these people are disclosing the whole story.

[quote name='whodeybengals9']It's pretty funny how everyone who has said they were banned claimed to have spent "thousands of dollars" with Amazon and their ban came as a huge surprise. I don't think these people are disclosing the whole story.[/QUOTE]

I read one of those links where the guy claimed he bought tons of stuff and returned some macbook pros. When pressed for how many macbook pros he returned, he wouldn't answer.

Then it came out he returned like 14k worth of laptops. Uh yeah, that's gonna get you banned every time. Unless you were spending hundreds of thousands on laptops for your company or something.

Well I have only returned one item to Amazon throughout my life of buying there and that was a DVD that came loose in the case. Most of the time I buy and I am very satisfied with what I get, I've honestly never had a reason to complain.

It sounds like anything deemed excessive returns or complaints will get you banned.

I wonder if buying things from Amazon then receiving the item then turning around and selling it on the marketplace quickly for more money could get you banned?

[quote name='confoosious']I read one of those links where the guy claimed he bought tons of stuff and returned some macbook pros. When pressed for how many macbook pros he returned, he wouldn't answer.

Then it came out he returned like 14k worth of laptops. Uh yeah, that's gonna get you banned every time. Unless you were spending hundreds of thousands on laptops for your company or something.[/QUOTE]

well, just as easy as you assume that he just returned these laptops on a whim or to be an asshole, someone else could assume that these laptops were shipped to him with defects.

Why always blame the customer? If those laptops were coming back without defects why continue offering the return?
In fact if I was reading the same story you were, he said he went to the apple store before going to amazon.

You're seriously saying it's Amazon's fault for taking the return? You can't say "no we won't take your return. We will take the return of everyone else but not you." You can, however, decline to sell the laptop to that person. Can you imagine the shit storm they'd get PR wise if they refused to take a defective laptop back? After 8 laptops, I think they're justified in saying, enough is enough, obviously these laptops will never meet your expectations so we can't sell you anymore.

Why would you order 8 fucking laptops one after the other if they were all bad? Most sane people would cut and run after 2 or 3. 8 laptops is a bit excessive by any standard. Except yours.

Look at what Shock and Aww posted. If that gets him a warning, you gotta go WAY overboard to actually get a ban.

Obviously, you're the type to always side with the consumer. Cool. Have fun. :roll:

[quote name='SaraAB']
I wonder if buying things from Amazon then receiving the item then turning around and selling it on the marketplace quickly for more money could get you banned?[/QUOTE]

Since their policy is that all sales are for personal use, then I would think yes, it could get you banned if you're a heavy reseller of their stuff. Although they make money both ways (selling fees) so maybe they are less concerned about it unless you're somehow manipulating their shipping.

[quote name='SaraAB']The truth is that any retail store can refuse service to anyone for any reason. I assume Amazon is the same, they have the right to refuse service to anyone. I have seen stores refuse service to those who are extreme couponers, especially when the couponer is cleaning out half the stock from a department and leaving the store nothing to sell to those who really need those items.

Irrelevant but stores can also refuse warranty service to anyone for any reason, which is why I do not buy extended warranties, they aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

One thing is for sure I will not be making any digital purchases with amazon for this reason.[/QUOTE]

Well, what a company can do, and what they should do is usually different.

Amazon could ship you everything in a paper bag and then blame UPS when it comes damaged and not have a return policy.

Amazon could open every game in their inventory and sell them as new.

Amazon could only stock enough copies of a game to cover pre-orders to encourage its customers to pre-order.

If we're only talking about actions in which amazon has broken the law then no, amazon has not done that. Have they shown that they are confrontational with their customers in a customer service role? Yes, I think so.

[quote name='confoosious']You're seriously saying it's Amazon's fault for taking the return? You can't say "no we won't take your return. We will take the return of everyone else but not you." You can, however, decline to sell the laptop to that person. Can you imagine the shit storm they'd get PR wise if they refused to take a defective laptop back? After 8 laptops, I think they're justified in saying, enough is enough, obviously these laptops will never meet your expectations so we can't sell you anymore.

Why would you order 8 fucking laptops one after the other if they were all bad? Most sane people would cut and run after 2 or 3. 8 laptops is a bit excessive by any standard. Except yours.

Look at what Shock and Aww posted. If that gets him a warning, you gotta go WAY overboard to actually get a ban.

Obviously, you're the type to always side with the consumer. Cool. Have fun. :roll:
[/QUOTE]

I'm saying it's amazon's fault for not shipping a product that was as they described and promised when it was ordered. If amazon thought the guy was pulling one over on them or those laptops were coming back damaged or obviously used they have every right to refuse the return.

So if amazon or any other online retailer is selling "new" laptops that are actually used or returns that have dings, bad screens, damage, or missing parts, and I exchange that item 7 times and get 7 items that are not as the item was described, the customer deserves the blame?

Even amazon would ban you from their own marketplace for such poor customer service. Guess they hold their marketplace sellers to a higher standard than themselves.

Amazon has the best customer service of any online retailer and you want to take them to task for banning someone who is telling you they are innocent. And you're accepting their story at face value. Lol.

I think we're done here. Hahah

[quote name='confoosious']Amazon has the best customer service of any online retailer and you want to take them to task for banning someone who is telling you they are innocent. And you're accepting their story at face value. Lol.

I think we're done here. Hahah[/QUOTE]

you're assuming a retailer who took steps to ban a customer and his entire family and anyone associated with him for doing too many returns and price adjustments (which they granted by request) has "best customer service".

I think we are not coming from the same angle. You're clearly interested in "getting" the bad people and defending amazon. Also in assuming that everyone just was scamming the company.

Well better not call in with any problems to amazon, that's what i've learned in this thread. If you buy something there make sure you don't have to return it. And NEVER get involved with digital items.

Ummm yeah, that best customer service thing isn't my opinion or something I'm assuming. Amazon consistently rates near or at the top of every customer service survey.

I'll continue to call amazon for issues and return things as needed and not worry about a ban. You know why? Cause I'm not a huge PITA and im not returning 8 fing laptops.

------

People have nothing to worry about. Unless you're doing some shady crap or you're constantly being a nuisance to the CSRs, youre notgoing to be banned. Despite what the alarmists will have you believe.

[quote name='confoosious']Ummm yeah, that best customer service thing isn't my opinion or something I'm assuming. Amazon consistently rates near or at the top of every customer service survey.

I'll continue to call amazon for issues and return things as needed and not worry about a ban. You know why? Cause I'm not a huge PITA and im not returning 8 fing laptops.

------

People have nothing to worry about. Unless you're doing some shady crap or you're constantly being a nuisance to the CSRs, youre notgoing to be banned. Despite what the alarmists will have you believe.[/QUOTE]

how would you know if you're being a "huge PITA" according to amazon's standards? What would you do if you bought a laptop from them and it arrived damaged, knowing it's possible they could ban you from shopping without warning or discussion? Since you weren't one of the ones too lazy to complain, you get punished. That's amazon's stance.

It would be fair to say from the banning stories around the internet that amazon only wants people shopping at their stores who aren't savvy about the quality of their items or getting the most discounts that the retailer will offer. Customers who know too much just get banned. What a great place to go..

You need to stop assuming that every ban was someone who was out to screw amazon. You don't know. I don't know. It's just more convenient to you trying to win this argument or whatever it is you're trying to do here. Unless you have proof that the OP's story was a fabrication you should just stop.

Yea because people never lie on the Internet!

Random person on Internet who got banned vs amazon whom I've always had a good experience with and whom almost everyone has a good relationship with given their customer service satisfaction scores.

Tough call!

You should start an advocacy group for banned amazon users.

[quote name='david12795']ouch. i wonder how much they have returned. i have made quite some returns but not big items such as laptops or tvs but video games *from warehouse.[/QUOTE]

Something like $14k worth of laptops. Which according to jer is *amazon's* fault!!

[quote name='confoosious']Something like $14k worth of laptops. Which according to jer is *amazon's* fault!![/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

and i thought i was being a nuisance for returning 5 items in the past two months. the biggest one was a 3DS. followed by a touchstone.

bread's done
Back