OT - Amazon closed my account for being a CAG

[quote name='Starky27']Rescheduled by Amazon because they didn't ship out on time or rescheduled by UPS/FedEx for not delivering on time? If it's the former you have a legitimate complaint if you paid for something and didn't receive it, if it's the latter then Amazon isn't responsible.[/QUOTE]

I suppose technically it shipped out on time, I got the shipping notice at 11 est last night origin scan at 12:35 according to tracking. I dont know if its Amazon's fault for not shipping till the last minute, or UPS for not getting it here. Either way its not a big deal, just a irritating not getting what you pay for. Seems Amazon has been shipping RDD games later and later, this is now the second time in the past couple months they've missed release day for me.

EDIT: to answer your question, the reschedule is on the tracking, not amazon.

now they are sending the promo codes as coupon codes to enter at checkout, which will make some miss it alltogether, but mainly make it to where you have to stick with the purchase you use it on (whereas before if you cancelled, it went back into your account, if not expired).

they will also charge taxes in a year or less, due to California's overspending, and wanting to tax everything in existence. so that's unfortunate, as well.

Also, noone has said amazon doesn't have the right to do this, just that "it's not a good look for you, my dude!"

[quote name='twztid13']http://consumerist.com/2011/09/amazon-makes-deal-with-california-lawmakers-on-sales-tax-issue.html

they are gonna start charging taxes in 1 yr, so they'll lose alot of business since people usually give up getting items day one, for cheaper prices (in gaming at least, which is all i buy at amazon).[/QUOTE]

I live in KY and have been paying taxes at Amazon for as long as I can remember. My shopping habits didn't change at all though when they started charging. Amazon still gets the business. Amazon routinely has best prices on most things I buy, and if not the difference is usually not worth the time and gas to hunt something down locally.

[quote name='Corvin']I live in KY and have been paying taxes at Amazon for as long as I can remember. My shopping habits didn't change at all though when they started charging. Amazon still gets the business. Amazon routinely has best prices on most things I buy, and if not the difference is usually not worth the time and gas to hunt something down locally.[/QUOTE]
all i buy from them is games/minor electronic items (in the few years i've had an internet connection again). i've never had to 'hunt' stuff down from other places. the price & cust service has been the only things making me choose amazon, and now that i'm too scared to use the customer service, and the price difference will be the occasional 1-2$ differences... we shall see (in my case).

if it's rare stuff you refer to 'hunting' stuff down, i'd rather see it in person, as my recent CE (forza4) was damaged, but i doubt i could get another, and to think it would go on the 'list for blaclkisting' if i complained/got a partial refund, it's not worth it. the gas wouldn't be a big deal, as i'd structure my grocery shopping etc around the release days of games, and it'd be as simple as going to the next store in line (since there is a walmart, best buy & gamestop all in a shopping center). BUT, i'd rather get the game on the release date if 1-2$ is the only difference.

the promos will probably decide it for me. they seem to be coming to a halt. if not, i'd still buy those games from amazon.

UPDATE: i mentioned the BF3 promos being codes, like a coupon (which amazon has said the promos were forever, but they still went back to your account if you cancelled a game that you used a promo on, and it hadn't expired). that may just be since the BF3 was a last minute decision, as other games still mention the credit being deposited in your account. i hope that's the case. amazon didn't want people selling them is why they were linked to your account in the 1st place, but now the website technology is better, so i didn't think going the code route made sense. it may just be a one time occuance, since people were screaming about the promo to the reps & they needed a fast solution to make it available to everyone. i'm not a webmaster, of course, so it's all speculation, but it makes sense to me.

I needed a good laugh, thanks. ROFLCOPTER in full effect. Anyways, whatever became of the OP? Did you get a new identity or what? I've cut back my purchases from amazon a lot and don't see any huge benefits to prime really. I'd rather pay $4 more for a game and get it right away than to wait around until 8pm for ups to finally drop it off, or also for Amazon to delay the shipping for whatever reason and what not. Vote/shop with your wallet.

If they are really turning into nazis like this, then I think it would be safer to just open a new account and get amazon mom free prime shipping on it. Then move to a new one when that runs out. Screw being blacklisted over THEIR mistakes.

[quote name='Zaku77']If they are really turning into nazis like this, then I think it would be safer to just open a new account and get amazon mom free prime shipping on it. Then move to a new one when that runs out. Screw being blacklisted over THEIR mistakes.[/QUOTE]

It dosnt work unles you have a new address.

I have some friends that have been doing it since it came out, so yes it does. I still have prime for ~7 months, so I've not tried it, but they just make a new account and sign up for amazon mom again each time it runs out.

[quote name='Zaku77']I have some friends that have been doing it since it came out, so yes it does. I still have prime for ~7 months, so I've not tried it, but they just make a new account and sign up for amazon mom again each time it runs out.[/QUOTE]

someone previously in the thread, said their boyfriend was banned for doing this exact thing.

While I don't agree with Amazon's response, the OP did contact customer service 7 times over 4-5 weeks. That does seem excessive to me.

Regardless of whether someone is a "devil customer," no company should be able to take away access to digital products that were legally purchased.

[quote name='caltab']As amazon becomes increasingly involved with selling digital content it really makes me wonder if they would/could ban someone that has purchased alot of music, books or videos stored in their cloud.[/QUOTE]

While the threat of a ban certainly carries a great deal of weight, particularly with the shift towards digital distribution and digital products, I don't think your scenario is likely. Amazon is not going to ban someone for storing content within the allocated space of cloud storage they paid for.

That said, I think you'd have a very strong legal case if you were banned and lost access to digital content you rightfully paid for. You'd undoubtedly run into the classic 'you own a license, not an actual product' argument but I have a hard time believing a court would uphold that fallacy.

As an employee at Bestbuy, I would love to ban customers for too many complaints... But we can't. We operate somewhat similar to Amazon with Price match guarantees and have repeat customers who are always trying to price match. But my manager would rather have their business then lose it over a few dollars. Why wouldn't Amazon take that approach?!

Not a god thing for Amazon at all to be doing this!

[quote name='bestkeeper14']As an employee at Bestbuy, I would love to ban customers for too many complaints... But we can't. We operate somewhat similar to Amazon with Price match guarantees and have repeat customers who are always trying to price match. But my manager would rather have their business then lose it over a few dollars. Why wouldn't Amazon take that approach?!

Not a god thing for Amazon at all to be doing this![/QUOTE]

i doubt they got banned for complaning now flipping i can see or ordering tons of stuff and then demanding to return what you didnt resell i can see ban..

to hell with amazon im taking a chance and complaning about their packaging

ordered FATE/EXTRA LE

they ship the sob in a envlope instead of a box ... case of game is busted .. case of music cd/art book busted. i told them they can have their piece of shit back

i wish i saw this topic sooner

i recently got a similar email

Hello,

A careful review of your account indicates that you've required promotional certificates on a majority of your orders for a variety of reasons.

Through the normal course of business, the occasional problem is inevitable. However, you seem to have had an unusually high rate of problems in your account history

When unusual account activity like this comes to our attention, we'll evaluate each account on a case-by-case basis to determine if additional action or closing the account is necessary. We’d prefer to work with you because we do value your business.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

admittedly, i have been contacting amazon cs a lot lately. its because i havent been receiving my credits for games lately (no email, no credit in account) so i usually wait 4-5 days after the item ships to contact them. I usually contact them by email but ive been chatting to them more often for faster results. in some cases, ive had to contact them multiple times because one cs rep would mistakenly mix up credit promotions and tell me its already been applied even though it hasnt.

i rarely ever complain about product packaging or return items. i did complain about my dark souls ce and i did return a used game recently though. other than that, its been like 6 months since ive returned something and over a year since i complained about an item.

sigh...i hope i dont get banned since i love using amazon. i guess i should let some promo credits slide and not contact them that much

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='caltab']As amazon becomes increasingly involved with selling digital content it really makes me wonder if they would/could ban someone that has purchased alot of music, books or videos stored in their cloud.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say fuck 'em in they ban me, I'll just shop somewhere else, but I didn't even think about that. I have quite a few kindle books and mp3s purchased... As to answer your question though, I assure you they can and will, if they haven't already. As to the legality of that, well, despite how unethical it would be, I'm sure they have their legal bases covered.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']sigh...i hope i dont get banned since i love using amazon. i guess i should let some promo credits slide and not contact them that much[/QUOTE]

I tend to think of a phonecall to amazon the same way I think of health Potions in RPGs. I'm not gonna use a health potion If I tangle with a raccoon in the woods and it scratches my character's elbow, diminishing my health by 1%. You know when I prefer use my health potions? When I'm about to die fighting a High Level mage or a boss. Usually amazon gives me all of my due promotional credits, but once they didn't and it was 5 bucks. Did I pick up the phone and create and entry in "my amazon file" for requesting credit that time? of course not. I let it slide. 5 bucks? are you kidding me? You know when I DID pick up the phone and call them? Pricematching a 3D LED TV a few months ago. THAT'S a phonecall worthy of making. 3 minutes on the phone netted me almost 500 bucks in credit. (a.k.a. Arcane potion of Major health regeneration). You have to pick your battles.

[quote name='TheBigmac']I tend to think of a phonecall to amazon the same way I think of health Potions in RPGs. I'm not gonna use a health potion If I tangle with a raccoon in the woods and it scratches my character's elbow, diminishing my health by 1%. You know when I prefer use my health potions? When I'm about to die fighting a High Level mage or a boss. Usually amazon gives me all of my due promotional credits, but once they didn't and it was 5 bucks. Did I pick up the phone and create and entry in "my amazon file" for requesting credit that time? of course not. I let it slide. 5 bucks? are you kidding me? You know when I DID pick up the phone and call them? Pricematching a 3D LED TV a few months ago. THAT'S a phonecall worthy of making. 3 minutes on the phone netted me almost 500 bucks in credit. (a.k.a. Arcane potion of Major health regeneration). You have to pick your battles.[/QUOTE]

That, sir, is the geekiest explanation I've ever heard. And yet, totally apropos for this crowd. Bravo!

[quote name='TheBigmac']I tend to think of a phonecall to amazon the same way I think of health Potions in RPGs. I'm not gonna use a health potion If I tangle with a raccoon in the woods and it scratches my character's elbow, diminishing my health by 1%. You know when I prefer use my health potions? When I'm about to die fighting a High Level mage or a boss. Usually amazon gives me all of my due promotional credits, but once they didn't and it was 5 bucks. Did I pick up the phone and create and entry in "my amazon file" for requesting credit that time? of course not. I let it slide. 5 bucks? are you kidding me? You know when I DID pick up the phone and call them? Pricematching a 3D LED TV a few months ago. THAT'S a phonecall worthy of making. 3 minutes on the phone netted me almost 500 bucks in credit. (a.k.a. Arcane potion of Major health regeneration). You have to pick your battles.[/QUOTE]

this probably doesnt make a difference but i never actually called them. i usually email them and chat with them if the email ends up not being sufficient and need an easier way to explain myself. still, its a mark on my account. i get that.

and i would probably let $5 promo slide (do they even do that?). most of my complaints was just me telling them i didnt receive my $10 or $20 promo credit yet.

for example, i emailed them about zelda having a $10 promo credit. this was my email:

Hi, I recently ordered The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword and noticed that a $10 promotional credit was added. I just wanted to make sure I am entitled to it because it does say "this offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders". Here is a screen shot of the promotional offer.

*screenshot of promo here*

Additionally, I was wondering if I am entitled to two $10 promotional credits because I ordered both the standard edition and limited edition of the game.

If I do qualify for promotional credit, can you please go ahead and add the correct amount to my account? I would love to use it on some of the black friday sales. Thank you

like a good cag, i even provided a screenshot. and one copy was for a friend (he wanted the LE)

this was the response i got:

Hello,

I understand your concern regarding the promotional credit of $10 on purchasing "The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword".

I'd like to confirm that the promotional credit has been issued to your account and also a confirmation email was sent to you on October 4, 2011.

I've researched this promotion, and see that this credit is only promoted on purchasing that particular edition.

I hope you take advantage of our future promotions.

this made me go wtf basically and i decided to chat with them instead. so yeah...stuff like this is why i contact them multiple times on occasion

[quote name='confoosious']That, sir, is the geekiest explanation I've ever heard. And yet, totally apropos for this crowd. Bravo![/QUOTE]

You see what daily 10 hour marathons of Skyrim can do to a man's mind? You see? I'm starting to mix my games' ether with real life. It's the Eternal Darkness' sanity effects all over again. ;)

So they gave you the correct $10 credit but you contacted them again anyways because you wanted another on the special edition even though (correct me if I'm wrong) it wasn't offered with it?

[quote name='whoknows']So they gave you the correct $10 credit but you contacted them again anyways because you wanted another on the special edition even though (correct me if I'm wrong) it wasn't offered with it?[/QUOTE]

errr...the response i got said i received the $10 credit on october 4th....zelda came out nov. 20. why would i get the credit 6 weeks early? he was obviously looking at some other promotion (im pretty sure it was for nba 2k12)

as for the limited edition, i was just wondering and asked him would i be eligible for 2 $10 credits. i know if you order the ps3 and xbox 360 version of the same game, youre supposed to get two promotional credits. i also know that ordering 2 copies of the same game for the same platform only entitles you to one credit. in this case, i ordered a regular and limited edition of the same game for the same platform. theyre technically different skus so i thought there was no harm in asking...apparently not.

and i thought i was pretty courteous and not pushy in my email. i asked if i was eligible and ended my email saying "if i do qualify, can you add the correct amount..."

maybe i wasnt?

[quote name='confoosious']But did the Bundle qualify? If it didn't you just confused the rep into giving you $10.[/QUOTE]

if you check the zelda thread on the deals forum, you'll see that people who ordered the LE also got a $10 credit

i never got an email about it and at this point, i rarely get emails confirming promo credit anymore. i figured i might as well ask in my email because it seemed like a pretty valid question

oh for anyone wondering, i got $5 credit out of it. i received this email:

Hello,

I understand your concern regarding the promotion on the video game "The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword".

I checked our website and see that this promotion was valid in between Start Date 2011/11/21 00:00:00 PST and End Date 2011/11/23 23:59:59 PST.

I do apologize if this disappoints you.

As an exception, I've issued you a $5 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Note: the promotional certificate doesn't apply to items offered by other sellers on our website and won't cover the shipping costs of an order.

not sure how it was only valid between that time frame when the offer says it extends to all pre-existing preorders but whatever. $5 is better than nothing and im getting tired of contacting them. i decided that before i got my warning (hopefully its just a warning) email. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
problem with amazon is they dont give you the rep email that your working with.. if you get a email saying RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL even if you resond to it you will get another person to work on it...

I ordered FATE/EXTRA for 26 bucks came busted case

at one time i had

REFUND Of 26 bucks
REFUND of 13 bucks
Refund of 8 bucks

and keep the game so for 26 bucks i was given the game + 47 bucks in credit

by the time it was all worked out i got a 13 buck credit (had to tell them to take the other 34 back) there were like ummmm we think you should keep it and im like NOPE i dont want my account flagged
13 bucks back is enough

[quote name='blackwaltz34']i wish i saw this topic sooner

i recently got a similar email

Hello,

A careful review of your account indicates that you've required promotional certificates on a majority of your orders for a variety of reasons.

Through the normal course of business, the occasional problem is inevitable. However, you seem to have had an unusually high rate of problems in your account history

When unusual account activity like this comes to our attention, we'll evaluate each account on a case-by-case basis to determine if additional action or closing the account is necessary. We’d prefer to work with you because we do value your business.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

admittedly, i have been contacting amazon cs a lot lately. its because i havent been receiving my credits for games lately (no email, no credit in account) so i usually wait 4-5 days after the item ships to contact them. I usually contact them by email but ive been chatting to them more often for faster results. in some cases, ive had to contact them multiple times because one cs rep would mistakenly mix up credit promotions and tell me its already been applied even though it hasnt.

i rarely ever complain about product packaging or return items. i did complain about my dark souls ce and i did return a used game recently though. other than that, its been like 6 months since ive returned something and over a year since i complained about an item.

sigh...i hope i dont get banned since i love using amazon. i guess i should let some promo credits slide and not contact them that much[/QUOTE]
How many times did you contact Amazon?

Was it daily, every other day?

How many times a day?

And how many products/orders were you complaining about?

This seems like you were being a nuisance to Amazon and annoying them to much and they figured the cost of losing you as a customer isn't worth your complaints.

I saw this not to insult you, but to defend Amazon so people don't think this will just randomly happen to them.

If you check the link in my sig, I get free Amazon gift cards, and they have yet to mess up, and if they did, I have no right to complain since I do not pay for anything anyway.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']How many times did you contact Amazon?

Was it daily, every other day?

How many times a day?

And how many products/orders were you complaining about?[/QUOTE]

well, it definitely wasnt daily, but it was often because the 4 games i did complain about (zelda, skyrim, lotr, saints row) all released this month in a pretty short time span.

zelda - had to contact them twice (already mentioned it here). i did that within a day

skyrim - contacted them 3 times. first two times, i just emailed them. both said i already received the credit but i didnt. i chatted to someone the third time and they said they would look into it and i would hear back. never heard back and decided it just wasnt worth it anymore.

saints row - contacted them once and issue was resolved

lotr - contacted them for credit and resolved it. a couple days later i noticed $20 credit was missing from my account even though i didnt use it on anything. i had to contact them two more times to clear it up

yeah, i can see why i was flagged because of the sudden spike of activity but i do think my inquiries/complaints were legitimate.

[quote name='CaptainKirk']This seems like you were being a nuisance to Amazon and annoying them to much and they figured the cost of losing you as a customer isn't worth your complaints.

I saw this not to insult you, but to defend Amazon so people don't think this will just randomly happen to them.

If you check the link in my sig, I get free Amazon gift cards, and they have yet to mess up, and if they did, I have no right to complain since I do not pay for anything anyway.[/QUOTE]

yeah, none taken

i understand i probably went overboard. in hindsight, i shouldve just let a couple of things slide. however, i think the number of times i contacted them is pretty understandable and justifiable considering the amount of orders in the short time span and how the csr mistook past promotions as the current one.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']well, it definitely wasnt daily, but it was often because the 4 games i did complain about (zelda, skyrim, lotr, saints row) all released this month in a pretty short time span.

zelda - had to contact them twice (already mentioned it here). i did that within a day

skyrim - contacted them 3 times. first two times, i just emailed them. both said i already received the credit but i didnt. i chatted to someone the third time and they said they would look into it and i would hear back. never heard back and decided it just wasnt worth it anymore.

saints row - contacted them once and issue was resolved

lotr - contacted them for credit and resolved it. a couple days later i noticed $20 credit was missing from my account even though i didnt use it on anything. i had to contact them two more times to clear it up

yeah, i can see why i was flagged because of the sudden spike of activity but i do think my inquiries/complaints were legitimate.[/QUOTE]

I am a business strategist and marketing expert....

...I will tell you that Amazon has the best supply chain of any business

...this isnt GameStop and their stupid codes that dont work and didnt to being with (google all the people who got random codes that dont even do anything)

...my typing you would think i work for Amazon lol

[quote name='CaptainKirk']I am a business strategist and marketing expert....

...I will tell you that Amazon has the best supply chain of any business

...this isnt GameStop and their stupid codes that dont work and didnt to being with (google all the people who got random codes that dont even do anything)

...my typing you would think i work for Amazon lol[/QUOTE]

seriously, i love amazon. i pretty much buy all my games from them. i dont have a problem with their shipping or anything. i am annoyed by the lack of promo confirmation emails and constantly having to contact them about it though

But still, sending emails about promotional credits you were supposed to receive shouldn't count against you. You are just checking on a promo they advertized. That is different than demanding credits for damaged items, etc.

I contacted them about my Zelda credit too. And now that you mention it, I'm not sure I ever got my Skyrim one. I'll have to look into that. I know I did get a credit for Halo CE, on the other hand. I've put a ton of regular orders in the last few days, so I'm not going to feel like I'm pushing it to contact them about 2 (though I may not have to for Skyrim - need to look into it). Part of the problem is how confusing it is see if you have or have not gotten promo credits for things. They need to make an account history available that clearly shows what you got credits for and when.

[quote name='io']But still, sending emails about promotional credits you were supposed to receive shouldn't count against you. You are just checking on a promo they advertized. That is different than demanding credits for damaged items, etc.

I contacted them about my Zelda credit too. And now that you mention it, I'm not sure I ever got my Skyrim one. I'll have to look into that. I know I did get a credit for Halo CE, on the other hand. I've put a ton of regular orders in the last few days, so I'm not going to feel like I'm pushing it to contact them about 2 (though I may not have to for Skyrim - need to look into it). Part of the problem is how confusing it is see if you have or have not gotten promo credits for things. They need to make an account history available that clearly shows what you got credits for and when.[/QUOTE]

couldnt agree more with you on the last part. i even asked a rep if this was possible so it could make it easier the next time i contact them

[quote name='blackwaltz34']couldnt agree more with you on the last part. i even asked a rep if this was possible so it could make it easier the next time i contact them[/QUOTE]

Note that under the gift card section they now show a detailed history of gift card redemptions which they didn't used to do. So this will show when they add gift card credit (like when NorAm screws up a game trade-in and a CS rep gives you credit for that). But the problem is that it doesn't show promotional credit - ie, things that apply only upon checkout like most of these game promos. And sometimes the CS reps give you promo credits to make up for things, too, instead of straight-up gift card credit.

You can supposedly check what promo credits you have avaialble by going to an mp3 page and clicking on the "redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance" link there. But that can get confusing too. For example, it shows I have a $10 credit under software/video games but in my last 3 or 4 orders of video games it hasn't applied automatically so I don't know what that is. And of course that link doesn't indicate what promo the credits came from.

A quick way to check if you had promo credits issued to your account is to go into the MP3 store on Amazon and select any MP3, then on the buy screen click on the redeem code link under the button to buy the song/album. It'll pop up a total of all of your available credits.

Man, if they banned people for contacting CS too many times back in the post-order price guarantee days, I would have been banned years ago. Besides, why do they care how many times you contact a CSR? What, aren't they only paying them like $0.50 a hour or something? I've always known they banned people for excessive returns/lost shipments (which is one of the reasons I have prime; the USPS sucks), but this is a new one. And if it's too many promos, well, hell, does the new $1 mp3 credit per order for no-rush shipping count against you? I'm almost afraid to use that option.

Well regarding this topic I work in customer sales myself. Most of the account cancellations are handled by the Consumer Protection departments or what they call Merchant Services. Usually the sales reps have no call on this we just have to give the customer an address so they can appeal the decision. Majority of the time it is fraudulent accounts. However you sometimes get honest customer getting the shaft because Consumer protection makes the decision to shut down the account. Then we as the reps get our heads ripped for Consumer Protections decision. I always stay calm and apologize however in the OP's situation it seems like over a few credits it is faulted. Also regarding them cancelling his girlfriends account Consumer Protection usually cancels all accounts attached to those said addresses due to the fact that they could order for the other customer whose account was banned. So in my opinion they play the meanie card and cancel both accounts which is crap. However, that's company accountability for you.

this thread makes me question if i should contact amazon if i can get a substitution of the ps3 bf bundle after getting my order canceled.

I'm kinda surprised at the sheer amount of hate the OP got in this thread. I guess that's part of the "the corporation is always right and the customer is wrong" mentality that seems to have swept through this country in the last few decades. Very sad to see.

[quote name='NeoStrider']sorry but you sound like one of those pain in the *** customers who complain every little thing[/QUOTE]

There are people who make a habit of bitching to amazon about "every" little thing to get a few credits to basically see whhat they can get for the hell of it, i understand them banning people for this they are taking advantage of their system.

[quote name='vamn']I'm kinda surprised at the sheer amount of hate the OP got in this thread. I guess that's part of the "the corporation is always right and the customer is wrong" mentality that seems to have swept through this country in the last few decades. Very sad to see.[/QUOTE]

Gotta disagree 100% on this one. In fact, I haven't seen even a hint of what you describe. In fact, from what I have seen its just the opposite, with more and more hatred being shown towards the "big" corporations simply because they are "big" corporations. I haven't met a single person, or even come across one online, that subscribes to this "the corporation is always right and the customer is wrong" way of thinking.

I am betting the OP got so much hatred simply because Amazon's customer service is so outstanding. Amazon's customer service is hands down the best customer service I have ever had from a company. Well, I would actually put Apple right up there with Amazon but those would be the two companies at the top of my best CS list and most of the people I know that shop at Amazon have had similar experiences with their CS. So when someone comes out bitching about that company....well, I dont know about others but I would actually expect to find people coming out in defense of said company.

Bottom line - People can get very attached to particular brands and companies. Of course, they can also become vehemently opposed to particular brands and companies if they have had bad expereinces. I openly admit there are companies that I am EXTREMELY fond of and there are also companies that I refuse to do business with. For example, I have been buying Patagonia clothing for over 25 years and have never had a single negative expereince, not one. So if someone were to start questioning the quality of their clothing or the quality of their CS, I would absolutely step in in their defense.

As for the whole banning thing, I just have a hard time believing that Amazon is running around banning accounts for little to no reason at all. Obviously mistakes get made, even when dealing with something like this but I am betting the majority of accounts that get banned...well, Amazon had good reason to do so. I am also betting that most people know where they stand in regards to how good of a customer they really are and whether or not they fit the "pain in the a*s" profile that Amazon appears to be trying to weed out. I commend Amazon for taking this approach, they just need to proceed with care when dealing with banning accounts. As long as they are careful and give banned accounts the chance to appeal, I am all good with it. In all honesty, weeding out problematic customers should make shopping at Amazon a more positive experience after all, the more Amazon is able to bring costs down, the better the deals we should see come out of Amazon.

[quote name='vamn']I'm kinda surprised at the sheer amount of hate the OP got in this thread. I guess that's part of the "the corporation is always right and the customer is wrong" mentality that seems to have swept through this country in the last few decades. Very sad to see.[/QUOTE]
But in some cases the customer IS wrong. Case in point, people on the Best Buy forums are bitching about how the bank that runs the BB credit card program(HSBC) is at fault for some of them ending up paying hundreds of dollars in interest on purchases that had 18 months no interest financing.

Why you might ask? Because the bank didn't put the section mentioning how much longer they had with the no interest financing front and center and in size7 font because they(the customers) were too f'n lazy to read the rest of the statement to find that section.

So please tell me how the bank there is at fault for a customer's own admitted laziness/ignorance?

[quote name='submissionking']I'm curious how Amazon will/has handle(d) the holiday season. The holiday season isn't just buying season but returns season as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they'll handle it like every other holiday - just fine.

There are people who will make you believe amazon banned their account for the slightest thing. Amazon isn't doing that. You have to abuse the hell out of their goodwill to get banned.

Don't believe the hype.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm sure they'll handle it like every other holiday - just fine.

There are people who will make you believe amazon banned their account for the slightest thing. Amazon isn't doing that. You have to abuse the hell out of their goodwill to get banned.

Don't believe the hype.[/QUOTE]

That's good. I would hate to see people getting banned for a high return yield in December/January.

[quote name='submissionking']That's good. I would hate to see people getting banned for a high return yield in December/January.[/QUOTE]

I imagine they'd "let it slide" during the holiday season.

bread's done
Back