OT - Amazon closed my account for being a CAG

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']OT - Sorry not sure where to post this, feel free to move this to another forum if needed thanks.

So last month, I realized I couldn't log back in to Amazon, even after resetting my password, etc. I called Amazon CS and they said maybe it's a credit card issue which I thought was weird because it's the same credit card I've used there since I joined in 2004. I called my credit card company, nothing unusual. I later found out, that's the typical generic Amazon CS statement for people who get their accounts closed.

Last week a good 3 weeks after I couldn't log into my account, I got an email from Amazon saying my account has been closed. The reason they gave was too many "incidents".

Apparently that's a generic statement Amazon sends to people whose account was closed.

But what the hell were these "incidents"?

Searching for answers I came across others who got their Amazon accounts closed too from varying reasons that included getting too many discounts, returns, shipping too many items as gifts, and even not buying from them for long periods of time, etc.

http://archive.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=908910

In my case, it was because I received too many discounts basically in the last 4-5 weeks leading to my account being closed.

Here are my last posts on CAG too along with the descriptions; basically in between August - September, I complained to Amazon CS that Amazon never gave me the promised advertised deals:

As mentioned I got a total of $47 in credits/refund applied to my Amazon account after bringing these issues up with Amazon.

Cool, I'm happy right?

Well, a couple of days later, I find out that I couldn't log back into Amazon, which later received an email saying my accounts are closed.

Worst is that the $32 credit they issued me, are all lost with the account.

Tip: If given the chance, it's best if you could ask for a refund rather than a credit.

To add insult to injury, my wife's Amazon account which she's had since 2008 and is totally separate from my account has been closed too. No warning, no emails, nothing. All my wife does is just buy books from the Oprah club to read like every other month or so.

Really Amazon? Just because my wife has my same last name and same billing address you close her account too?

So basically Amazon closed my 2004 account, and my wife's 2008 account just because of $47 refund/credit they issued me in a span of a month. While the tens of thousands of $$$ we, specifically I, spent in the course of 7 years from TV's, Computers, to even Refrigerators, and Lawn Chairs don't mean anything.

Nothing I can do about it, since Amazon reserves the right not to do business with anyone once you agree to register an account with them.

Anyway, hope you guys never gets shafted like we did. Just wanted to share this experience. Best to you guys all. Happy shopping.[/QUOTE]

That's what she said!

[quote name='superhippy1986']I didn't get banned and I flirted with a customer service lady in India lol[/QUOTE]

but what if you returned her :)

bread's done
Back