OT - Amazon closed my account for being a CAG

[quote name='confoosious']Yea because people never lie on the Internet!

Random person on Internet who got banned vs amazon whom I've always had a good experience with and whom almost everyone has a good relationship with given their customer service satisfaction scores.

Tough call!

You should start an advocacy group for banned amazon users.[/QUOTE]

nobody's asking you to stop shopping at amazon or start a petition group.

The OP's point is that amazon can and will ban you and your family/friends without warning simply for having too many customer service issues. That was enough for me to reconsider their tablet program and will ensure I never buy another digital video from them. I also was considering buying prime this year since my student prime runs out soon. I probably won't do that either.

Banning this one user has cost them at least $300 right there in sales. Still a good decision?

I just think they've got an absolutely awful policy for handling these types of issues. Every company has issues like this with customers. Not all of them bait them into a permanent ban with "friendly" customer service that offers generous adjustments and credits.

[quote name='david12795']:whistle2:s

and i thought i was being a nuisance for returning 5 items in the past two months. the biggest one was a 3DS. followed by a touchstone.[/QUOTE]

Were they opened ?

I've returned a raincoat, a pair of jeans, and two cheap car audio devices recently.

I've received $15 in credit as well.

It's been nice knowing you all -___-

[quote name='confoosious']Were they opened ?[/QUOTE]

3DS was from AWD. i ended up disliking it so i returned it and paid for shipping. the touchstone i believe was to be defective because i had a hard time charging and it wouldnt stay charging. had it centered and positioned correctlty. some claimed mine may be defective. i gave it the BOTD but gave up.

[quote name='jer7583']n
Banning this one user has cost them at least $300 right there in sales. Still a good decision?
.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking they're not too concerned with your $300.

You know why? Because if you're the type of user that is seriously worried about a ban, you're not the type of customer they want anyway.

I love how you're trying to cause some sort of hysteria about amazon banning people. And the truth of the matter is that the people who are banned are a very small minute % of amazon customers. You know why? Because Amazon just cares about the bottom line. And for the vast majority of people, a few returns here or there or a few customer service inquiries won't ruin their profitability in amazon's eyes.

Should the guy who calls Amazon 10 times in a day to request a Madden credit because they saw TRU has one. And they knew just calling over and over because they knew eventually one of the CSRS they get will offer them the "one time credit" be banned? Yep. Or the guy who ordered 8 laptops one after another and had a problem with every single one? yep. They are wasting amazon's time and money. And guess what? They are also wasting ours -- the normal consumer that might have a problem that needs to get fixed.

You act like Amazon just bans people willy nilly. And clearly that isn't the case because if that were true, you'd hear a lot more of these cases. But you don't.

You should really take a stand though and stop shopping at amazon. Just like you don't shop at Gamestop. Remember to post in every single thread though how much you hate gamestop and amazon. That's always good reading and never ever tiring. Never.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm thinking they're not too concerned with your $300.

You know why? Because if you're the type of user that is seriously worried about a ban, you're not the type of customer they want anyway.[/QUOTE]

I never said they should be concerned about my $300, just that at least in the immediate future, that's something they've lost out on because of their actions towards the OP. They probably should be concerned about the 11,000 views this thread has though.

I'm worried about a ban if i ever had an issue with an item I bought from them in the future. I don't want digital items bought from them to be held hostage based on any potential screwups they may have in the future with items I buy from them.

I think everyone who buys from amazon probably has to be a little bit worried about a ban at this point. There seems to be little stopping them from banning anyone who has a bad experience with them and the balls to complain about it.

some people also dont realize theyre taking advantage of amazon until the ban comes around. then, they can act like the victim.

note to self: must stop asking for adjustments

[quote name='jer7583']

I think everyone who buys from amazon probably has to be a little bit worried about a ban at this point. There seems to be little stopping them from banning anyone who has a bad experience with them and the balls to complain about it.[/QUOTE]

Talk about panic mongering. No, not everyone who buys from amazon has to worry about a ban from amazon. You know why? Cause not everyone who buys from amazon is a pain in the ass and a bad customer.

[quote name='confoosious']
You should really take a stand though and stop shopping at amazon. Just like you don't shop at Gamestop. Remember to post in every single thread though how much you hate gamestop and amazon. That's always good reading and never ever tiring. Never.[/QUOTE]

Just full of assumptions, aren't you? Assumptions about people lying. Assumptions about what people "hate". Assumptions about how people will post and how they discuss things.

The attitude amazon has isn't much different than gamestop towards customer service. "Oh well, if we piss you off, there are 100 more people in line to shop with us, so why should we care?"

Guess that's good enough for some CAGs.

[quote name='confoosious']Talk about panic mongering. No, not everyone who buys from amazon has to worry about a ban from amazon. You know why? Cause not everyone who buys from amazon is a pain in the ass and a bad customer.[/QUOTE]

The idea that there are "bad customers" is crazy to me. If someone is a customer, they are awesome. Even if they are difficult to satisfy. As long as they're not defrauding or stealing from you, they are not a bad customer.

Remember, in none of these situations was amazon obligated to give out adjustments, returns, or credits. Nobody forced them to do anything.

[quote name='jer7583']The idea that there are "bad customers" is crazy to me. If someone is a customer, they are awesome. Even if they are difficult to satisfy. As long as they're not defrauding or stealing from you, they are not a bad customer.
[/QUOTE]

And this is where your logic fails. Everyone else understand that there is such a thing as a bad customer, why can't you?

Do you understand the concept of loss leaders? If all a customer does is buy loss leaders, they are a bad customer. That's just one (out of many) examples of a bad customer. You don't have to defraud a business to be a bad customer. Hell, even IATTCG when he's being honest will tell you he's a bad customer just by his purchase habits.

[quote name='confoosious']and this is where your logic fails. Everyone else understand that there is such a thing as a bad customer, why can't you?

Do you understand the concept of loss leaders? If all a customer does is buy loss leaders, they are a bad customer. That's just one (out of many) examples of a bad customer. You don't have to defraud a business to be a bad customer. Hell, even iattcg when he's being honest will tell you he's a bad customer just by his purchase habits.[/quote]

qft

[quote name='confoosious']And this is where your logic fails. Everyone else understand that there is such a thing as a bad customer, why can't you?

Do you understand the concept of loss leaders? If all a customer does is buy loss leaders, they are a bad customer. That's just one (out of many) examples of a bad customer. You don't have to defraud a business to be a bad customer. Hell, even IATTCG when he's being honest will tell you he's a bad customer just by his purchase habits.[/QUOTE]

The goal of pricing an item as a "loss leader" is to bring a customer into the store and hopefully they will consider buying other items.

If you were brought into the store, even if you bought only that item, mission accomplished.

If best buy periodically did reviews of customer purchase history and banned those who had bought less than 20% of items in the last 6 months that were not considered "loss leaders", would people be happy with them?

There's a difference between "loss leaders" and what amazon is doing. Even a customer who only comes into your store for the occasional loss leader item deserves respect, a welcoming atmosphere, and basic kindness, not a cold "YOU ARE BANNED" form letter as well as hunting down anyone connected with this "Bad Customer".

[quote name='jer7583']The goal of pricing an item as a "loss leader" is to bring a customer into the store and hopefully they will consider buying other items.

If you were brought into the store, even if you bought only that item, mission accomplished.
.[/QUOTE]

what in the world. oh dear god, you just don't get it.

The goal of a loss leader is to get the customer in store to buy something that's a profitable item IN ADDITION to the loss leader, therefore you turn a profit overall on the customer. (It could be in that visit or stretched out over time.)

If you lose $1, $5, $10, whatever on an item and all that customer does is buy that item, then no, mission is NOT accomplished. You've just lost $1, $5, $10. And if that customer continues to buy loss leaders over and over, then you've lost $1/$5/$10 x multiple items.

To get back onto topic though, this isn't specifically about loss leaders. This is about your unwillingness or inability to understand that there is such a thing as a "BAD CUSTOMER." You refuse to believe there is such a thing. And this is why your logic completely fails.

The customers that amazon bans might not be bad customers in the sense that all they do is buy loss leaders but they are bad customers in other ways.

Want another example? If a customer comes in every day and asks your employees to explain every single HDTV in the store. Every single day. And every month buys a stick of gum, they are BAD CUSTOMERS.

You just don't get it so I won't waste my time anymore.

Maybe go buy a retail 101 book or something. From barnes and noble.

[quote name='SaraAB']Well I have only returned one item to Amazon throughout my life of buying there and that was a DVD that came loose in the case. Most of the time I buy and I am very satisfied with what I get, I've honestly never had a reason to complain.

It sounds like anything deemed excessive returns or complaints will get you banned.

I wonder if buying things from Amazon then receiving the item then turning around and selling it on the marketplace quickly for more money could get you banned?[/QUOTE]
i hope not, lol. amazon barely knows what goes on with that 3rd party, so i doubt it!

[quote name='confoosious']oh dear god, you just don't get it.
[/QUOTE]

Of course the ultimate goal of the loss leader is for you to buy something more profitable.

The immediate goal is to get you in the store, where other things like good customer service, competitive pricing, and good selection pushes you to buy those more profitable items.

I'm just saying that trying to filter out the "bad customers" instead of just treating everyone as a potential customer and giving them the best service/attention possible is foolish.

Like I said even Amazon itself holds its own marketplace sellers to higher standards. You're not allowed to ban "bad customers" who have requested returns too often. They'll just ban the seller instead!

[quote name='jer7583']Of course the ultimate goal of the loss leader is for you to buy something more profitable.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jer7583']The goal of pricing an item as a "loss leader" is to bring a customer into the store and hopefully they will consider buying other items.

[/QUOTE]

these two statements seem to be at odds with one another. Either that or you have a definition of "mission accomplished" that is different from mine.

[quote name='confoosious']these two statements seem to be at odds with one another. Either that or you have a definition of "mission accomplished" that is different from mine.[/QUOTE]

now that you've lowered yourself to selective post quoting to prove your points i'll assume the discussion is at a dead end.

lol. I selectively quoted for the sake of brevity. I could fully quote both those quotes and you'd still be wrong as wrong could be.. you contradict yourself in the span of a page, don't own up to it, and blame me for killing a discussion. Yeah, it's my fault. :roll:

I knew it was a waste of time arguing with you.

You go ahead and keep believing everyone is a good customer. Or do you deny making that statement too?

Here, fully quoted:

[quote name='jer7583']The idea that there are "bad customers" is crazy to me. If someone is a customer, they are awesome. Even if they are difficult to satisfy. As long as they're not defrauding or stealing from you, they are not a bad customer.

Remember, in none of these situations was amazon obligated to give out adjustments, returns, or credits. Nobody forced them to do anything.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']lol. I selectively quoted for the sake of brevity. I could fully quote both those quotes and you'd still be wrong as wrong could be.. you contradict yourself in the span of a page, don't own up to it, and blame me for killing a discussion. Yeah, it's my fault. :roll:

I knew it was a waste of time arguing with you.

You go ahead and keep believing everyone is a good customer. Or do you deny making that statement too?

Here, fully quoted:[/QUOTE]

I stated the immediate and ultimate goals of loss leaders, you chose to quote the part where i talked about ultimate because it supported you "catching" me contradicting myself. That's childish, and anyone with basic reading skills could see what I meant.

Actually anyone with basic reading skills could see that you first said that as long as they bought the item, mission accomplished. Then you turned around 3 posts later and said that "Of course the ultimate goal of the loss leader is for you to buy something more profitable."

Really? Mission accomplished means something else in your universe.

Good luck with that. Like I said, go buy a book on retail 101 or something.

[quote name='confoosious']Actually anyone with basic reading skills could see that you first said that as long as they bought the item, mission accomplished. Then you turned around 3 posts later and said that "Of course the ultimate goal of the loss leader is for you to buy something more profitable."

Really? Mission accomplished means something else in your universe.

Good luck with that. Like I said, go buy a book on retail 101 or something.[/QUOTE]

if you continue i stated that the immediate goal of a loss leader is to bring you into the store, where that loss leader is supported by other means to lead you to the actual purchase of a more profitable item. Do you disagree with that point?

[quote name='confoosious']And this is where your logic fails. Everyone else understand that there is such a thing as a bad customer, why can't you?

Do you understand the concept of loss leaders? If all a customer does is buy loss leaders, they are a bad customer. That's just one (out of many) examples of a bad customer. You don't have to defraud a business to be a bad customer. Hell, even IATTCG when he's being honest will tell you he's a bad customer just by his purchase habits.[/QUOTE]
Damn right. Very rarely do I buy anything that's not a 'deal' for me. Maybe back when I had $1000+ in GS credit I would've bought some MSRP priced games, but it still felt to me that I only paid $30 or less for them because of what it only cost me to make that $1k+ in credit.

[quote name='jer7583']if you continue i stated that the immediate goal of a loss leader is to bring you into the store, where that loss leader is supported by other means to lead you to the actual purchase of a more profitable item. Do you disagree with that point?[/QUOTE]

You said if ALL they bought was the loss leader, then it was "mission accomplished."

Here's the exact quote: "If you were brought into the store, even if you bought only that item, mission accomplished."

Unless you're George W, mission accomplished means you've achieved your goal. Then you turn around and say (and I'm paraphrasing) 'well, the ultimate goal is to get you to buy something else.'

You absolutely didn't even mean that until I pointed out that the purpose of a loss leader was to get you to buy something else. Now you're trying to pretend like you came up with that thought on your own and meant it all along? Yeah right.

FFS. You were completely wrong when you said mission accomplished and now you're pulling some bs about how you meant something else which you said later, which was just a rephrasing of what I said.

GTFO with that crap. I'm done here.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Damn right. Very rarely do I buy anything that's not a 'deal' for me. Maybe back when I had $1000+ in GS credit I would've bought some MSRP priced games, but it still felt to me that I only paid $30 or less for them because of what it only cost me to make that $1k+ in credit.[/QUOTE]

You gained that $1000+ in gamestop credit most likely through trading in games to them at a price they offered, and they believed they would be able to re-sell those games at a profit. What's gamestop's problem with what you did?

[quote name='confoosious']You said if ALL they bought was the loss leader, then it was "mission accomplished."

Unless you're George W, mission accomplished means you've achieved your goal. Then you turn around and say (and I'm paraphrasing) 'well, the ultimate goal is to get you to buy something else.'

You absolutely didn't even mean that until I pointed out that the purpose of a loss leader was to get you to buy something else. Now you're trying to pretend like you came up with that thought on your own and meant it all along? Yeah right.

FFS. You were completely wrong when you said mission accomplished and now you're pulling some bs about how you meant something else which you said later, which was just a rephrasing of what I said.

GTFO with that crap. I'm done here.[/QUOTE]

arguing over semantics and selective quoting are top tier internet troll arguing strategies. Good job.

It got you in the store, so it accomplished its mission.

[quote name='salty tbone']I don't have a dog in this hunt, but goddamn I can't quit coming back to this thread. Entertaining stuff.[/QUOTE]

yeah i figured it was entertaining to some. but I'm done arguing with jer. he's just dodging shit at this point. :lol:

And is completely ridiculous. hahahah

"top tier internet troll strategies."

You know what is a bottom tier debate strategy? calling someone else a name when you can't properly defend your position. "Oh, I'm losing? I'll call the other person an internet troll to deflect that fact that I'm getting completely eviscerated in this argument because my arguments don't hold any water and I just contradicted myself in the span of 10 mins and I better now make up stuff as misdirection."

bah. you're not worth my mental bandwidth.

[quote name='confoosious']I read one of those links where the guy claimed he bought tons of stuff and returned some macbook pros. When pressed for how many macbook pros he returned, he wouldn't answer.

Then it came out he returned like 14k worth of laptops. Uh yeah, that's gonna get you banned every time. Unless you were spending hundreds of thousands on laptops for your company or something.[/QUOTE]

and he started this thread in that place, too. guess this is why he never returned, lol.

I found this post in another thread started by the OP back in 2007. The thread was titled "I love Amazon.com".

It seems prophetic now:

I've returned so many MBPs/macbooks to amazon that I'm surprised I'm not banned from buying from them forever! And never a question- any defect is accepted and they will either send you a replacement or full refund. The only thing I've noticed is that after one replacement they will not keep replacing, but will then tell you that there is a larger problem with the model and that they recommend waiting and purchasing again at a later date. They still refund you the full amount, but they won't send out another replacement so if you want to try again you need to order again and start over...

[quote name='jer7583']You gained that $1000+ in gamestop credit most likely through trading in games to them at a price they offered, and they believed they would be able to re-sell those games at a profit. What's gamestop's problem with what you did?[/QUOTE]
Apparently I was considered a reseller/dealer and that's likely why they banned me from their stores. Of course, they had no problem taking all of the stuff that I traded into them to resell for a profit....to a point.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah i figured it was entertaining to some. but I'm done arguing with jer. he's just dodging shit at this point. :lol:

And is completely ridiculous. hahahah

"top tier internet troll strategies."

You know what is a bottom tier debate strategy? calling someone else a name when you can't properly defend your position. "Oh, I'm losing? I'll call the other person a name to deflect that fact that I'm getting completely eviscerated in this argument because my arguments don't hold any water and I just contradicted myself in the span of 10 mins and I better now make up stuff as misdirection."

bah. you're not worth my mental bandwidth.[/QUOTE]

hey, I didn't turn this into a discussion about loss leaders and other terms you learn in economics 101.

My basic point is that people should expect better customer service than this. Some people disagree.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Apparently I was considered a reseller/dealer and that's likely why they banned me from their stores. Of course, they had no problem taking all of the stuff that I traded into them to resell for a profit....to a point.[/QUOTE]

well, right. If i remember it was an issue with HDMI cables.

Even in that aspect I think they would have been wiser to re-evaluate their prices they were giving for HDMI cables instead of banning you. You probably still generated tons of profit for them selling those flip games to people who pay too much for used games.

[quote name='Kenshindono']HAH OCD gamers of the world unite =P I dont knwo about BD's. Im talking about classic CD/DVD games. Particuallry those horrible black bottom PS1 disks that get scratched if you look at them funny.

Im not sure about windex. It does seem to clean stuff well but im concerned about residue either damaging the disk, particularly on old CD ones and delaminating them, or just residue building up and getting off onto the lens. Hence my wash-alcohol bath-rinse method

Ya.. Im amazed how many people are flaming the OP. Who knows, maybe theres more to the story, but any policy where they can just say 'hey, we'll cancel your account and you cant use or buy shit from us for whatever reason we want' is BS. Especially with stuff like the Kindle. Personally, ive never done half the shady crap im seeing some people post here, but I HAVE returned quite a few items because they were damaged in shipping.. how the fuck is that my fault that Amazon cant package their shit right? Dont sent expensive art books in a god damn bubble mailer[/QUOTE]
agreed!

[quote name='confoosious']these two statements seem to be at odds with one another. Either that or you have a definition of "mission accomplished" that is different from mine.[/QUOTE]
this is how i read his statement -

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Apparently I was considered a reseller/dealer and that's likely why they banned me from their stores. Of course, they had no problem taking all of the stuff that I traded into them to resell for a profit....to a point.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it sucks for you, though I can understand their anti-dealer policy. Logically the TIV should start going down after reaching a critical number of the same titles, since then it essentially becomes a bulk deal (Maybe they're too lazy or inflexible to have managers make a judgement call in this area?).

Heh, just imagine if they didn't have the multiple-copies policy, a smart competitor with a warehouse could shovelwarefuck Gamestop and use the credit to siphon off all the good merchandise.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Yeah, it sucks for you, though I can understand their anti-dealer policy. Logically the TIV should start going down after reaching a critical number of the same titles, since then it essentially becomes a bulk deal (Maybe they're too lazy or inflexible to have managers make a judgement call in this area?).

Heh, just imagine if they didn't have the multiple-copies policy, a smart competitor with a warehouse could shovelwarefuck Gamestop and use the credit to siphon off all the good merchandise.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. That would be bad for GS, but they're such a shitty chain in the first place I know I wouldn't miss them.:lol:;)

I'm kinda shocked they didn't ban me sooner though, since I flooded them with copies of the :xbox:Tom Clancy Triple Pack when Kmart had it for $2-3 a long time ago. I'm talking somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 copies of that, but that was broken up over about six months or so during all sorts of promos.:) The best promo for using those(3 seperate discs btw;)) was the 'trade 3 get $10 extra' dealie. Trade them in disc only for $2-3 each plus the bonus $10, effectively turning $2-3 into $16 for each cycle.:lol:

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Yeah, it sucks for you, though I can understand their anti-dealer policy. Logically the TIV should start going down after reaching a critical number of the same titles, since then it essentially becomes a bulk deal (Maybe they're too lazy or inflexible to have managers make a judgement call in this area?).

Heh, just imagine if they didn't have the multiple-copies policy, a smart competitor with a warehouse could shovelwarefuck Gamestop and use the credit to siphon off all the good merchandise.[/QUOTE]
what is GS' multiple policy? i know amazon will only let you trade 2 copies of a game. used to be per month, and i only found that out when resubmitting a game that increased in value, before i mailed it in (& before cancelling the original trade in order). it popped up that i could only trade in 2 of this game. was like, wtf? i haven't even traded one yet, lol.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. That would be bad for GS, but they're such a shitty chain in the first place I know I wouldn't miss them.:lol:;)

I'm kinda shocked they didn't ban me sooner though, since I flooded them with copies of the :xbox:Tom Clancy Triple Pack when Kmart had it for $2-3 a long time ago. I'm talking somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 copies of that, but that was broken up over about six months or so during all sorts of promos.:) The best promo for using those(3 seperate discs btw;)) was the 'trade 3 get $10 extra' dealie. Trade them in disc only for $2-3 each plus the bonus $10, effectively turning $2-3 into $16 for each cycle.:lol:[/QUOTE]
never warned you? just walk in & they tell you to leave?

[quote name='twztid13']never warned you? just walk in & they tell you to leave?[/QUOTE]
Pretty much. I went into the closest GS to me the one day n was told that I couldn't even be in the store anymore.:) But I guess they loosened up on that for a bit till I tried grabbing a :pc:DC Universe Online CE from the one store that still had it on the shelves. It had pennied a day or two earlier.

As mentioned a lil earlier in this thread, I am a devil customer if ever there was one. Aside from doing pre-orders and keeping them to get 'in' with the employees at my closest store, I would always try for pennied items I saw on the shelf at the other stores and only usually shop there if there was a B2G1 going on. Moreover, I only did my game trades if there was a good promo going on that favored me heavily and I already had the total I SHOULD receive after promo//EDGE/PUR figured out in my head before they even hit total. If it was even one cent off that total then I knew they tried hitting me with refurb fees.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Pretty much. I went into the closest GS to me the one day n was told that I couldn't even be in the store anymore.:) But I guess they loosened up on that for a bit till I tried grabbing a :pc:DC Universe Online CE from the one store that still had it on the shelves. It had pennied a day or two earlier.

As mentioned a lil earlier in this thread, I am a devil customer if ever there was one. Aside from doing pre-orders and keeping them to get 'in' with the employees at my closest store, I would always try for pennied items I saw on the shelf at the other stores and only usually shop there if there was a B2G1 going on. Moreover, I only did my game trades if there was a good promo going on that favored me heavily and I already had the total I SHOULD receive after promo//EDGE/PUR figured out in my head before they even hit total. If it was even one cent off that total then I knew they tried hitting me with refurb fees.[/QUOTE]
to me, that's being savvy. i've been unemployed for 2+ years, so amazon's promos/trade ins, CAG & GS B2G1 are the only time i shop. i am as nice as can be, i don't complain, but i'm not gonna get screwed either. i don't think that makes me a bad customer. i have worked many retail shops & all made us treat every customer the same. i don't think i should be punished for not being rich. i find ways to get games (WITHIN the places policies that i shop, and within the law). in that regard, every CAG is a devil customer. in that case, i shouldn't be able to buy from anywhere in the country since all i do is deal hunt.

As amazon becomes increasingly involved with selling digital content it really makes me wonder if they would/could ban someone that has purchased alot of music, books or videos stored in their cloud.

Well, that sucks man I couldn't dream of shopping anywhere else but amazon. Amazing customer service, cheap prices, and incredible black friday sales without waking up at 3:00 a.m. to stand out in front of the store. But your complaints did seem excessive, I have ordered from amazon for 2 years in a few months it will be 3. And I have only had 3 issues with them where I contacted customer service and complained. I can't help but admire amazon for implementing a system like this though; by keeping their customer service and their account management team separate they are able to avoid all these sob stories, and or demands to reopen their accounts. I imagine that these "account managers" asses the amount of complains/returns of customers in a certain time frame and decide if it is beneficial and profitable to keep that customer if it isn't they simply close the account.

Yeah I am sure there are retail stores that would love to ban customers, and it would probably be beneficial for them to ban certain customers. With amazon you sign up for an account there you agree to their terms and conditions and I assume they have a statement in there saying they are allowed to terminate accounts for any reason. Technically a retail store can refuse service but its very difficult to do so legally and you can bet that they will feel reprecussions if they refuse service to someone who goes and complains to the media and everywhere they possibly can and they may even get sued. Overall its probably more profitable to just keep a few bad customers than to deal with the reprecussions of banning them.

There are people out there who think they are entitled to everything and anything they want, I am not saying the op is one of those people but there are people that make a stink about every transaction at every store. I am not talking about customers that follow the policies but there are customers who are out to break the law out there and they can and do get away with it just by making a big enough stink at the register. Extreme couponers come to mind, it is fraud to use coupons out of store policy and the policy on the coupons but there are people who know cashiers will give into anyone trying to make a stink so they will use coupons illegally and they do this throughout many different stores. They force cashiers to accept coupons that are not even for things that they are buying and they will use multiple coupons per item which is usually not allowed. They also go to stores and clean out certain departments so the store has nothing left to sell to people who actually come in for items that they need. The problem with this is if a store doesn't have something to sell because an extreme couponer came in and cleaned out the store then the person who really needed the item they came in for has to go to another store, making the first store lose business. In the future that customer may decide to not go to the first store if they see that the first store is constantly out of items. Retailers just don't plan to have large amounts of their stock wiped out at one time.

After reading this story and finding out that Amazon has actually banned quite a few users, I don't think I'll be making any more digital purchases from them. Even though I don't return lots of item or call to ask for credit, just the fact that I can be banned is enough to warrant me avoiding their digital products.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Are others ashamed to share their stories of being shafted by the man?

Ding ding ding...we have a winner!

Please show me where Amazon states they stand behind customer uploaded images.
I read it's in Beta and not official...

I also am inclined to believe you ordered it knowing you would contact them afterwards...the sole reason you purchased it was to dispute it later and net it at a lower price.

How do they know you didn't upload the image?
How does it make sense to you that you would have a valid leg to stand on?

Would you also have countered a dispute upon a comment someone made as a review that wasn't in line with the product...preposterous!

I seriously doubt they extended the offer first...

In your head:

"Hello, I purchased an item last week, I see you have it cheaper now."

"Sir, say no more, I've already deposited a $17 credit to your account."

Reality:

"This telephone I got last week is cheaper now...that ain't fair...I spend a lot of money...blah blah blah...I deserve a difference in price...blah blah blah...I spend a lot of money...blah blah blah."

"Sir, I understand your frustration, unfortunately our prices constantly change (image that) and we do not have a policy for post purchase price changes."

"Aaargh...(20 minutes pass while that poor CSR listens to your bullshit)"

...And you eventually get what you demanded so the CSR doesn't get chewed out for their average time per call doubling for the day.

This is their honest (albeit being of no benefit to Amazon) attempt in helping you if you are truly concerned about being overcharged.

See, they stepped outside the box...just for you!

This was not a flagged item if it was legitimately an error on their part.
As they would have discovered this soon enough and extended it as they do many times.
This is one of the largest online businesses after all...they kind of know what they are doing.

This should be an automatic ban in my opinion.

See above ^

See above again ^
or do yourself a favor and thoroughly read their guidelines on promotional offers.

You can read can't you?
Surely the terms of the promotion were stated?
And you didn't see the offer in your cart?
Yet you continued with the purchase that you reviewed and confirmed?

Were you trying to get one in after the fact, relying on those soft CSRs again?

Boo-hoo

As he should have.

YOU CAN READ...I was worried for a moment. :bouncy:

Ding ding ding...you sure like winning don't you?

Can't quite figure out your failure of understanding terms & conditions though with your talent.

Thanks genius!

But for those struggling:

If your guidance and interpretation of T&Cs don't come from other anonymous douche bags on CAG & SD your not in the dumb ass boat...congratulations! ;)[/QUOTE]
Wow man, calm down! Geez!

Did the OP sleep with your wife or something? Good Lord.

[quote name='Muthafodder']I also am inclined to believe you ordered it knowing you would contact them afterwards...the sole reason you purchased it was to dispute it later and net it at a lower price.

How do they know you didn't upload the image?
How does it make sense to you that you would have a valid leg to stand on?[/QUOTE]

Did you actually READ the links the OP gave?

As for your assumptions, maybe that's what "you" were thinking.

I'll stand by the OP in regards to item # 1, Sucker Punch, since I remembered the deal and was following that same thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301660

Check end of page # 2 and onto page # 3.

Luckily I didn't purchase the movie and wasn't part of that mess as well, because I know for sure I would've done the same thing and not settle to get a mis-advertised item.

Calm down man, read everything before you make up some nonesensical assumptions.

So I had Stronghold 3 and Battlefield 3 both ordered with release day delivery with Prime. Both games have been rescheduled for delivery for tomorrow. I'd complain account closure stories make me not want to bother.

[quote name='rbanke']So I had Stronghold 3 and Battlefield 3 both ordered with release day delivery with Prime. Both games have been rescheduled for delivery for tomorrow. I'd complain account closure stories make me not want to bother.[/QUOTE]
Rescheduled by Amazon because they didn't ship out on time or rescheduled by UPS/FedEx for not delivering on time? If it's the former you have a legitimate complaint if you paid for something and didn't receive it, if it's the latter then Amazon isn't responsible.

bread's done
Back