OTT 586: The Legend Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gribble lost his. That was also the same thing I thought of initially. I have ripped up my hands pretty badly so I feel for munch.

Did you have to get stitches on it?

Someone hit my four month old car today or yesterday or some shit.  So annoying.  On top of a cracked windshield that still hasn't been fixed, I'm super bummed.

I had to get 7 stitches. It didn't hit the bone, just chewed up the skin. It's still real swollen.
Damn you fucked it up real bad. I got 7 in my palm and it left me with a new fate line.

What finger did you get?

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone hit my four month old car today or yesterday or some shit. So annoying. On top of a cracked windshield that still hasn't been fixed, I'm super bummed.
Sounds like a Rocko cartoon

Sucks though

That happened to me with my car 7 months after I got it. Someone did a hit and run and left my bumper all fuck ed up. When I called the cops to report it they said the damage sounded like it was from a cop car :/

Luckily my hubby works for a body shop and a body man there repaired it for me when he found out what happened (no charge :) )

Damn you fucked it up real bad. I got 7 in my palm and it left me with a new fate line.

What finger did you get?
Left index. Here's one pic after stitches

https://twitter.com/TheRealBMcNeil/statuses/449336144665141248

Damn, that's crazy, looks like you could've easily lost it.  Also, that's some really nice twitter integration, I don't think I've ever seen that here.

You would think that in the numerous years we've had batteries, isn't there evidence that the ancient Egyptians had some sort of battery, that they would be able to make one that doesn't leak and corrode after sitting in an electronic device for a day or two or a few hundred.  In other news, RIP Wii Fit board.

Ugh. Two exams on a day where I have to wake up at 6 to get to class is just the worst.

Ditching the white makes me like spotify even more.
My desktop app hasn't offered an update yet, but the mobile version is super slick. Which is nice, because it's been in need of a redesign for a while.

My internet speed is so slow. Speed test shows it at 0.6 mbps. I noticed that my signal is running 802.11 g.

How do I run at 802.11 n?   My router is about 5 years old so could replacing that solve the problem?

Yeah, I'm premium and don't have the desktop update.  There was a thread on the spotify subreddit recently mentioning that premium subscribers should get the update sooner.  Btw, munch, aren't you still going to school or teaching or something?  You can switch to the student plan with a .edu address for half price if you haven't yet.

You don't even need a .edu address to get the discount. I got it and I don't use that address for my spotify. I think all it asks for is for your university.

Yeah, I'm premium and don't have the desktop update. There was a thread on the spotify subreddit recently mentioning that premium subscribers should get the update sooner. Btw, munch, aren't you still going to school or teaching or something? You can switch to the student plan with a .edu address for half price if you haven't yet.
Yeah, I'm going to. I'm actually on a free two months thing. I never thought I'd pay for it, but I have a Roku, too, and I have to have premium for that.

Dang. I was hoping for an all-SEC final. A 7 vs 8 matchup seems fitting, though, seeing as how everyone thought the committee screwed up the seedings this year.

Well, at least we finally got past the elite 8. :c  I was pissed I had to work last night, but now it's a little better, and I still get a paycheck.  Gotta root for the SEC team now.

I'm still waiting on this stupid Spotify update. I don't get what take so long, especially for premium users.

Still not updated on my desktop.

I haven't followed wrestling for probably ten years, but damn @ Undertaker breaking his streak.  Sad to see him go. 

I stopped watching wrestling a long time ago but I did watch Wrestlemania. I was shocked when that happened.

Watched Captain America 2. Good stuff. The local movie theater just got Dolby Atmos sound for some showings and the overhead speakers were a nice touch.

Also saw the Grand Budapest Hotel earlier, hella laughs.

I hope to see Capt. America 2 soon.  The previews for Grand Budapest have been pushing me away, making me thing that it's more artsy/weird than funny weird.  Not the case I assume?

http://tagpro.koalabeast.com/

So this game, Tagpro, has been taking up all of my free time.  Stick with it for a few games to get the hang of the physics and it is super addicting.  Great community too.  It's CTF, basically, with balls that are weighty, so you have to account for momentum and such when playing.  Allows for jukeing and generally fun gameplay.

What did you think of it? It was my first PAX and I had fun all 3 days, but next year I'll probably just go one day.
I don't see how anyone can go just one day if they can help it since if you want to see any of the non-Indy games you have 1-4 hour lines on the show floor. Even some of the big indies had 1-2 hour lines.

Tried to make Saturday my show floor day but going to one panel in the middle meant I didn't get to see many games.

Went mainly to panels, 8 of them, and just walked around admiring the cosplay, etc. Wish I had known Mark Meer (BroShep) had bailed at the last minute so I would have gone to Gearbox's panel Sunday morning & gotten a free copy of the new game this fall.

(Previously went to PAX Prime 09 & PAX East 10)

tumbleweed.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back