OTT addict 'dies from blood clot

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='seanr1221']Got 1650 points from MS.

Spent them as soon as people said they were disappearing.[/QUOTE]

Screw you. :lol:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I can see that, not having a close Fry's stinks- I'm not near one anymore so I'd have to PM as well. The easy part for me, I have a ton of nieces and nephews that would be chomping at the bit for a hand-me-down DS lite.[/QUOTE]

There's not even a Fry's in like a 2 hour drive, I think.
So BB won't PM it, most likely, cause it's not like I can walk/drive over there and pick it up.

[quote name='eldergamer']Had a crazy naturopath doctor try and tell us the same thing. She was talking about how much "clearer" her mind felt since she and her family stopped eating gluten.:roll:

I hear crazy people at work and granola moms my wife knows self-diagnosing themselves with gluten sensitivites all the time.
The whole gluten-free thing is just a fad if you ask me. It's only necessary if you have a diagnosed actual auto-immune problem like Celiac.[/QUOTE]

Celiac and wheat allergies are two separate things. With a wheat allergy like I have, I get mild symptoms such as the rash which is a form of hives (uticaria) and it's kind of like having mild poison ivy - it itches and burns. It's nothing to take lightly. Clinically, they measure the inflammatory response to wheat when doing the Celiac blood test. Anything over a 2.0 (I believe) indicates Celiac, but anything over 0.00 shows that you have some sort of inflammatory response to wheat. I'm around a .2 - symptoms get much worse than mine.

Research in prominent medical journals has showed that wheat allergy and diabetes are linked on the same gene, so as diabetes increases in this country, so will wheat allergy. Having one or the other makes you high risk for developing the other, particularly having diabetes makes you likely to develop a wheat allergy. This is because a diabetic diet is extremely high in whole grains and the protein aka gluten is what makes grains whole as opposed to just the starch, and the more exposure you have to any foreign protein, the more likely you are to develop an allergy to it.

The reason why gluten is so troublesome is because it is structurally similar to proteins that are part of the human inflammatory process so the gluten binds to the receptors and make parts of your body swell up, like your GI tract and your skin, giving you the trots and hives.

No other country in the world has the same sort of large-scale genetically modified wheat dependence as the US, which is why they aren't seeing wheat allergies increase as quickly, but in general, all allergies (including things such as peanut and bee sting) are increasing everywhere. I've done a lot of research on this because giving up wheat was not something I was about to do unless it was absolutely necessary - I come from a family of pastry chefs.

As it is now, I eat gluten-free about 90% of the time, eating something that was prepared with flour one meal per week or so. The hardest things to give up have been fried chicken and meatloaf/meatballs. I'm still working out recipes for gluten-free versions of them.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Screw you. :lol:

[/QUOTE]

I had 510 in my account, so the extra points boosted me up to 2160.

I got Ms Splosion Man, Trenched and....The Situation's Abs.

Finally at 0 points. Always having like 70 or so points floating around was annoying.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Wait a minute you can ban yourself?[/QUOTE]

You can ask a mod to ban you. For example, during midterms and finals students often ask the mods to temp-ban them until after the exam so they're not tempted to browse the forums instead of study. Others have drama and ask to be perma banned to keep them from coming back and having more drama.

[quote name='seanr1221']Try it.[/QUOTE]
I lol'ed.
image.php

Is that a spoon or a mic from karaoke night?

Are you singing into it or . . . really happy?

[quote name='Chika']You can ask a mod to ban you. For example, during midterms and finals students often ask the mods to temp-ban them until after the exam so they're not tempted to browse the forums instead of study. Others have drama and ask to be perma banned to keep them from coming back and having more drama.[/QUOTE]

Translation: Some motherfuckers have no fucking willpower.

[quote name='Eviltude']Does the OTT believe in aliens/UFOs?

I was talking about it with friends at dinner, just want to get a more general answer.[/QUOTE]

It would be awfully naive to think that we're the only lifeforms in an infinite universe.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']It would be awfully naive to think that we're the only lifeforms in an infinite universe.[/QUOTE]
Agrees- The mathematical probability alone seems to back that assumption up. Have you guys read about the DNA fragments found in asteroids/meteorites. It kinda freaks me out a little as cosmic seeding is some straight out of pulp sci-fi shit. Are they dropping in to say hi? Doubt it.

[quote name='seanr1221']Whoa, Revenge of the Nerds is on Netflix.[/QUOTE]

We've got bush!
That's my PIE!
Flaccid javalins.
. .etc.

My gf bought her car new 10 months ago and has 16,000 on hers. What do you have?

I have a 2002 Intrepid after my Civic got smashed a few years back. The intrepid had 30k on it when I got it and now has almost 80k. I want to buy new tires and fix other minor problems and then run it into the ground before getting something brand new.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I lol'ed.
image.php

Is that a spoon or a mic from karaoke night?

Are you singing into it or . . . really happy?[/QUOTE]

That was a spoon. At a wedding. After somewhere between 4 and 6 margaritas, 4 glasses of wine, 3 glasses of asti.... and I lost count at that point. I believe I was singing Aretha Frankling, but I may be wrong. You'd have to ask Frosty (if he was sober enough to remember).

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Translation: Some motherfuckers have no fucking willpower.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']It would be awfully naive to think that we're the only lifeforms in an infinite universe.[/QUOTE]

Again, This.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Agrees- The mathematical probability alone seems to back that assumption up. Have you guys read about the DNA fragments found in asteroids/meteorites. It kinda freaks me out a little as cosmic seeding is some straight out of pulp sci-fi shit. Are they dropping in to say hi? Doubt it.
[/QUOTE]

I try not to think about it or it will really start to freak me out.

:beer:

And a FYI, the seats in a Ford GT fucking suck. Stupid carbon fiber pieces of garbage...might as well be sitting on bricks.

[quote name='Chika']

I try not to think about it or it will really start to freak me out.[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't worry. The nearest galaxy is andromeda and it's almost 500000 light-years away (not counting dwarf galaxies). The odd thing about the universe is that it's constantly expanding and the more and more time goes on, the father away these galaxies get from our own.

Now...if we get a visit from a life-form that is able to travel that kind of distance within their lifetime...well...there would probably be a 90% chance that we'd be totally fucked.

[quote name='Chika']That was a spoon. At a wedding. After somewhere between 4 and 6 margaritas, 4 glasses of wine, 3 glasses of asti.... and I lost count at that point. I believe I was singing Aretha Frankling, but I may be wrong. You'd have to ask Frosty (if he was sober enough to remember).
[/QUOTE]

No offense; It could be titillating for an unnamed orally fixated individual.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Hell, my wife hasn't had a cigg ever since I gave that ecig to her. I owe you big time, buddy.[/QUOTE]

Hey man, that makes it more than worth it, priceless in fact.

Long sad shit story:
FWIWmy family just learned this yesterday: My FIL just went from having a clean PET post op 2&1/2 months ago to having 3 growths (in this weeks PET)- one of which is 5.5x5x5cm (yes slightly larger than a golf ball) and the other two (tongue and a new lymphnode) are about 1/2 that- which is huge growth in that time frame. The Doc's at J. Hopkins were very positive, his biopsies were good (only a hint at possible intraneural metastasis in one proximal lymphnode that was removed at the time), the margins were clean . . . etc. He now lives with us, as he's a widower- to his wife's fucking lung cancer- and still wouldn't quit. He now has a tracheostomy, a feeding tube and a TEP prosthetic.

Good times.

If your wife needs motivation I can send her a picture of a "neck hole" or let him talk to her over the phone with his TEP. Sounds just like when someone gurgles blood/vomit in their throat and tries to talk. I'd rather him use the electric voice-box; He prefers the death rattle to the speak-n-spell. Wadddya do? It's pathetic. I figure we have about a month before hospice starts coming.

Shame, he was a very intelligent person too, probably the first Energy Engineer at a fortune 500 company. Just incredibly stubborn.

TL;DR:
I can't begin tell you the toll this has taken on my wife, her 3 sisters, and my kid. Not to mention me reliving my fathers 5 year struggle with stage IV colon cancer.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']what cost you 70 points, seanr -- I want to get back to an even balance number someday. :([/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't get anything for 70 points, I just aways had a weird amount floating around...combined with the weird amount MS sent me, it bummed my points to 2160.

It was easy then to get 2 arcade games (800 and 1200 points) and one avatar item (160 points).

[quote name='utopianmachine']I'm so behind I didn't even know JoiletJake was banned.[/QUOTE]

And people think I'm behind the times?

Unless they are in the image of our Creator, we are all alone in the universe.

Sets the bait...

[quote name='seanr1221']Whoa, Revenge of the Nerds is on Netflix.[/QUOTE]

We've got bush! We've got Bush.

[quote name='Chika'] try not to think about it or it will really start to freak me out.[/QUOTE]

I, for one, welcome our new extraterrestrial overlords.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']They'll probably want buttsecks.[/QUOTE]

Or Justin Bieber tickets.

[quote name='seanr1221']It was easy then to get 2 arcade games (800 and 1200 points) and one avatar item (160 points).[/QUOTE]

LP?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Agrees- The mathematical probability alone seems to back that assumption up. Have you guys read about the DNA fragments found in asteroids/meteorites. It kinda freaks me out a little as cosmic seeding is some straight out of pulp sci-fi shit. Are they dropping in to say hi? Doubt it.[/QUOTE]

I've been into ancient alien theories for a little bit now and there are some that believe modern day man was genetically engineered to hasten the evolution process. Sounds far out there, but man did go from cave dwelling hippies to harnessing the power of the atom in a short period of time in terms of evolution.

[quote name='Eviltude']Does the OTT believe in aliens/UFOs?

I was talking about it with friends at dinner, just want to get a more general answer.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely 100%. There just has to be not only aliens but sentient creatures out there somewhere. That being said however, I highly doubt anything more than bacteria exists in or has visited this solar system.

[quote name='Eviltude']New avatar/title. Dance it out![/QUOTE]

Nice!

Final Destination 5 was okay. Cheap gore and a couple good laughs at some of the absurd happenings, as usual.

Getting my tattoo finished today. The main part, anyway. I'm so over it, this is going to approach 7 hours total after today. fucking hurts.

[quote name='Dkellar']I've been into ancient alien theories for a little bit now and there are some that believe modern day man was genetically engineered to hasten the evolution process. Sounds far out there, but man did go from cave dwelling hippies to harnessing the power of the atom in a short period of time in terms of evolution.[/QUOTE]

I heard about that theory and always thought that too. If evoloution is true then we sure evolved pretty fast.

Well damn. The guy that wrote that Dionaea House story on the web some time ago went on to write screenplays for the new Nightmare on Elm Street, The Thing remake coming out, and Final Destination 5. That's kind of neat.

It would.
It's also highly arrogant to think that those aliens would want to have anything to do with us. Or worse, are sending messages to us.

Like someone else said space is vast. Nearest galaxy is 500,000 light years away.
Alpha Centaurai is 4.24 light years away. A ship travelling even at the speed of light (which is presumed impossible) would take over 4 years to get here. Anything further out would have to have left hundreds of years ago, to get here today.

And there's the "lights in the sky" sightings. Ugh. Airplanes have lights on them so that other airplanes and ground towers can see them. Why the hell would UFOs have lights on them? So other UFOs can see them? An intelligence advanced enough for interstellar travel can't avoid visual detection?

I tend to be of the belief that there is life elsewhere in the universe, but it's simply impossible to ever communicate across such vast distances. The thought that intelligent life does not exist anywhere other than our planet is far too unlikely for me to believe.

Is it just me or does it look like to everyone else that Major Nelson is sexually assualting that girl in the Fruit Ninja Kinect promo pic on inside xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back