OTT, consequence lands upon the (ignorant) man child that's acting up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now watching Parks and Recreation: Rashida Jones :drool:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']

Pam somehow gets hotter every season.[/QUOTE]

Hell yes. She looked great in that episode last night. Not as good as the lingerie scene in Blades of Glory but still ...

Well that Office was the first good one I've seen in a looooong time. And this is the first Parks and Recreation episode I've seen since probably episode 3 of season 1.

Oh, yeah, Jenna Fischer was also in that movie Walk Hard. It took me a while to realize it because she was wearing lots of eyeliner and has a hick accent going on. That movie is actually pretty funny. :whistle2:# Well, I chuckled a bit from the few parts that I saw.

jenna-fischer-jane-thumb.jpg

Hey, mak, do you like illusions?

^Oh wow :applause: (EDIT: This was directed towards keyblade but it works for you too mononoke :))

And I don't know keyblade .. I suppose I do.

Unrelated: I don't know how old the video is but I just saw "the drunkest guy ever" video and damn that guy is fucked up. I wonder what he was on in addition to being drunk. I've had a few moments like that in my life but I don't think it's been memorialized by store surveillance cameras.

[quote name='thekeybladewars']Oh, yeah, Jenna Fischer was also in that movie Walk Hard. It took me a while to realize it because she was wearing lots of eyeliner and has a hick accent going on. That movie is actually pretty funny. :whistle2:# Well, I chuckled a bit from the few parts that I saw.

jenna-fischer-jane-thumb.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:shock:

----------------

Rock, what did you end up doing with your GTAIV Key To The City?

[quote name='TheRock88']I saw it Rocko. It was pretty good, I think it was more creepy than scary though.[/QUOTE]

It was creepy. It wasn't typical horror fare, and it was pretty deliberately paced. It was effective, though, and I definitely recommend seeing it in a theater. Amazingly, there are some images in the film that still randomly pop up in my mind.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Through your school?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[quote name='crystalklear64']revisting this old song with some samples and just generally sprucing it up to make something release worthy.

a lil' taste :)

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/2410463_ayhnk/BusyNowShort.mp3

lmk what ya'll think of the new intro.[/QUOTE]

The beginning of that intro was nicely articulated. As for the rest, well, I'd have to give you a biased judgment simply because the music isn't my style.

What program did you use to make that?

Windows 7's "idle" (or whatever you call it- when you're away for a while) is really nice. It cuts power to all of the USB devices, it seems.

I wish the Borderlands inventory was larger, I just had to discard a bunch of stuff I could've sold :[

[quote name='daphatty']Scratch that. Just got my copies delivered. Gonna be a cool weekend. :)[/QUOTE]

I've had my ultimate edition for like 2 weeks and still haven't gotten around to installing it , maybe this weekend.:lol:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Are you planning on selling it, or do you have it displayed somewhere in your room?[/QUOTE]

Dont know yet. Probably just keep it for now and see if it goes up in value. Is it still fetching a high amount or something?

Also, it's sitting in a box in my closet.

[quote name='thekeybladewars']The beginning of that intro was nicely articulated. As for the rest, well, I'd have to give you a biased judgment simply because the music isn't my style.

What program did you use to make that?[/QUOTE]
Mainly FL Studio. Lots of plugins to simulate whatever I need. Audacity to prepare the samples. Trimming and whatnot, some bg noise removal, etc.

I've actually made quite a few songs and try to share with the OTT whenever I get something new out, but I think most people are like you and don't care for the style, so I usually don't get much feedback.

[quote name='TheRock88']Dont know yet. Probably just keep it for now and see if it goes up in value. Is it still fetching a high amount or something?

Also, it's sitting in a box in my closet.[/QUOTE]

No idea, I was just wondering since I recently visited the R* Social Club.

I use Audacity to prepare the sample as I said, which, for example, I'm using an old telephone error message saying all the circuits are busy. I'll cut out the dail tone at the start and the rest of the clip so that I only have the phrase "We're sorry, all circuits are busy now"

though the whole phrases is, "BEEP BOOP BEEP, We're sorry, all circuits are busy now. Will you please try your call again later."

I do that cutting in Audacity.

From there, within FL Studio I use a combination of two plugins called Fruity Slicer (which does what you think it does, you use it to split sound files into slices, in this case I make each word a slice sometimes syllables a slice for precise timing). Fruity Slicer lets you play your slices like any other instrument. You basically are assigning slices to piano keys.

For scratching and time manipulation I use a plugin called WaveTraveler on the prepared samples.

[quote name='thekeybladewars']I hate to post this again, but I really got a kick out of this:

9020optischetaeuschung4.jpg

^ That's supposed to be the "illusion", by the way.[/QUOTE]Heh, I saw this pic when you posted it last night and I didn't even notice the arm. It's like I went "oh that's a bare ass back there" then just moved on even though you said there was an illusion in the picture.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I just ordered me one of these:

That's the :dvd: but the rumor is that the :br: will be the same/similar.[/QUOTE]

To resell? I can't envision you liking that movie.

[quote name='Pookymeister']i've been on the fence of buying Fruity Loops for like 3 years now[/QUOTE]

Don't 'buy' it, retard.
:cool:

[quote name='DT778']Heh, I saw this pic when you posted it last night and I didn't even notice the arm. It's like I went "oh that's a bare ass back there" then just moved on even though you said there was an illusion in the picture.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was afraid of!

P.S. You have a dirty mind.

[quote name='crystalklear64']I usually use http://www.freesound.org/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']This website is neat for samples: http://www.sampleswap.org/
You make a basket with the samples you want and they'll email them to you.
That's what I use for our music.
http://www.myspace.com/dalidaliband[/QUOTE]

Thanks, dudes. I've been wanting to make some beats for a while now I just never knew where to begin. I've tried FL studio and liked it, but couldn't figure out how to incorporate samples and what not.

I wish there was a program out there where you could create beats and sounds, manipulate them anyway you want, and cut/create samples all in one. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back