OTT Down the Toilet: What Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final major PC component I needed came in last night. Outstanding parts are the wireless keyboard/mouse so I can get things running from the couch and the BT4.0 dongle I bought so I can use my DS4 wirelessly.

I've started piecing together the build now -- I need to put the thermal paste on the CPU and attach the cooling fan next.  Hopefully I can get this up and running quickly and get win7 installed so I can start downloading a good portion of my Steam library.

Maybe I'll do that CAH thing, Rocko -- I thought about it, but since I don't know what to expect I was hesitant.

Always.

Being sick is bullshit. Not even done with my third week of work and I'm having to take off.
I'll get a list together sometime and post it here. I'm trying to switch over to Blu for those that are available and money is a little tight.

I've been sick like three times in the past month, and I've had a cough for the past week. I'm pretty much over it, and now it's starting to get cold. :|

If I would have seen it in time I'd have done that holiday bullshit.

Eldergamer, it's like an adult version of the card game apples to apples.

I turned that email into a chat session that turned into a phone call and now I feel like blogging about this because I'm even more livid after dealing with CS. This is some good, old-fashioned internet rage. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My PS4 is delivered and I will be setting it up tomorrow morning.

I'm disappointed my N4S and NBA2k14 won't be delivered until Monday. At elast I need killzone. And I guess with the size of installs I'll ask Santa for a 1.5 TB hard drive.

Did Chrome get a recent update that forces a gmail window as the left-most tab? I don't like the way they implement it since it's too small to let me know when I have new mail unlike a normal tab for gmail.

It is taking forever to populate my Steam library onto this new PC. >_>

Ahaha, Steam says I've downloaded 130gb+ since I started. :D

Did Chrome get a recent update that forces a gmail window as the left-most tab? I don't like the way they implement it since it's too small to let me know when I have new mail unlike a normal tab for gmail.
It's working like it always has for me, on Windows and OSX versions.

I want a Quadruple.
They had them at the Sony Store I was at yesterday and I really wanted to just impulse buy it, but there's just not enough games that interest me. :c

I got my quadruple (quadruped?) up and running. Linked it to my vita and smart pad. The remote play is kick ass. I can sit in my bed and watch live streams of other peoples ps4 games. And that shit is sick. You guys need to stream shit so I can watch. I'm going to try that when I play.

Also, the pad app is noce because you can use the pad as a keyboard for messaging and the like.

The interface is okay. I'm a little concerned about how games will be organized. But it's nice and simple and clean. And much more responsive than that triple. No more synching trophies.

I think it has a decent lineup. I've downloaded warframe (which I've played on PC), Blacklight (Which I haven't) that shooter that starts with an R, contract, installed killzone, and also installed NBA2k14. N4S should be here Monday.

Right now my headset is charging. But I saw that the gang was in action. may join later tonight.

Damn I got my nexus and now sprint has a student promotion deal for a cheap ass price for service. Going to look into it this week. Might just sell my current nexus and get another one with Sprint because the plan savings is significant over T-Mobile.

Anyone know anything about selling Xbox accounts? I was thinking about selling mine.

I didn't realize you can plug headphones directly into the PS4 controller for TV audio or chat.  Regular 3.5mm jack.  That's excellent, I'm surprised I haven't seen it mentioned much.  Although I haven't been really looking in the right places, I guess.

Just realized I've had my :ps3: for nearly three years now. It's held up remarkabely well. I think I went through at least a couple PS2's in that same timeframe.

Of course, saying that will cause a breakdown shortly after christmas.

For the last week I've been debating whether to get a new 40" Samsung at Target for $350 after coupons and GC's and pay for X1 preorder with Amazon credit, or getting the TV off Amazon with my credit and cancelling the X1 since I got a PS4 and still have a 360/PS3 backlog.  I ordered the TV last night off Amazon but now I've been looking at Forza 5 trailers and second-guessing my decision...

Damn I got my nexus and now sprint has a student promotion deal for a cheap ass price for service. Going to look into it this week. Might just sell my current nexus and get another one with Sprint because the plan savings is significant over T-Mobile.

I was thinking of doing good that but i dont want to give up my current number as I am already a sprint customer.

It is a show that when I had cable I never would have watched, but since I only have online services now, I have to take more chances on stuff. 

I saw Vince Gilligan speak the other day, he came to my university.  Seems like a really humble dude, very fun to listen to.

I almost feel like I shouldn't complain about a poor launch for some games but, c'mon now. Battlefield is a train wreck and Blacklight is lucky to even let you log in consistently. Warframes sucks as a whole too. Or am I missing something? I think it seems awful at best.

I saw Vince Gilligan speak the other day, he came to my university. Seems like a really humble dude, very fun to listen to.

That had to be interesting. I would love to see him give a talk like that.

I think over Winter Break I am going to watch BB with the commentary on. Hoping for a deal on the last season near release as I would like to see the alternate ending, and really want to hear the commentary on those last episodes.

I've been out of the gaming loop for a few years now. I'm not going to buy a PS4 or Xbox One anytime soon, but I've kind of had the itch to get more into gaming lately. I suppose now is the best time to catch up on some of the games I missed. What are some good PS3 or 360 games I can pick up on the cheap? The last game I really got into was Red Dead Redemption. 

I've been out of the gaming loop for a few years now. I'm not going to buy a PS4 or Xbox One anytime soon, but I've kind of had the itch to get more into gaming lately. I suppose now is the best time to catch up on some of the games I missed. What are some good PS3 or 360 games I can pick up on the cheap? The last game I really got into was Red Dead Redemption.

Arkham Asylum/City would be my recommendation. What have you played for PS3? There's always those collections they have, Uncharted, Infamous, GOW, etc.

Do you guys think it's because they amped up supply? If I recall there was probably demand that high last time, too, but the supply was really low. I wonder it these companies just have their shit together now and are producing enough consoles.

That had to be interesting. I would love to see him give a talk like that.

I think over Winter Break I am going to watch BB with the commentary on. Hoping for a deal on the last season near release as I would like to see the alternate ending, and really want to hear the commentary on those last episodes.
Yeah, it was pretty neat. Less talk about BB plot and more about his career and that kind of stuff. Just seemed super friendly and down to earth. I wanted to ask him if Better Call Saul was announced as a prequel just to avoid spoiling the final season, because Odenkirk has said that it might be a sequel or a mix of prequel and sequel, in talks with Vince since the show ended. Unfortunately but not surprisingly ~100 people rushed the mics for the 30 minute Q&A.

He did mention the whole Walt leaving the watch on the telephone booth scene like he did on Talking Bad. I love that he's up front about that kind of stuff.

I really want to pick up the last season for the same reason, but I also really want that complete collection in the methylamine barrel.

Do you guys think it's because they amped up supply? If I recall there was probably demand that high last time, too, but the supply was really low. I wonder it these companies just have their shit together now and are producing enough consoles.
Yeah, I don't think any console has had this much supply readily available for Day One to accommodate all of the pre-orders that they had gotten plus the retailers that don't take pre-orders.That's probably the result of not using brand new tech that makes production yields lower than stuff that is sort of proven already.

Arkham Asylum/City would be my recommendation. What have you played for PS3? There's always those collections they have, Uncharted, Infamous, GOW, etc.
Honestly, I haven't touched my PS3 for much other than Netflix. Here's the games I have: Motorstorm, Warhawk, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Socom Confrontation, Resistance, Rachet And Clank Future:Tools Of Destruction, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Burnout Paradise, 3d Dot Game Heroes.

Honestly, I haven't touched my PS3 for much other than Netflix. Here's the games I have: Motorstorm, Warhawk, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Socom Confrontation, Resistance, Rachet And Clank Future:Tools Of Destruction, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Burnout Paradise, 3d Dot Game Heroes.
Uncharted 2 is better than 1. 3 is free for PS+, which will be $30 for a year at GS on Black Friday.

Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time is the sequel to ToD, and Into the Nexus is coming out soon as the final game in that Future series, $30 MSRP. Any other R&C PS3 games aren't core series games, but co-op games and shit.

If you didn't play Saints Row the Third on 360, that's pretty good. Better than GTAIV, IMO.

God of War Saga is out now, has GoW 1-3 and the two portable titles.

No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise is a port of NMH from the Wii. Excellent if you haven't played the original, also excellent if you have.

Kingdom Hearts HD just came out on PS3, which has KH1 and KH: Chain of Memories (GBA) with HD graphics. Great collection if you're one of the few like me who never completed KH on the PS2.

I'd suggest getting PlayStation Plus and then dipping into other retail games on the PS3, as the former gives you a lot to play upfront and more every week and you can fill in the holes like Rocko mentioned with other titles.

Buy one of the $200 BF PS3 bundles with Last of Us & Batman: Arkham Origins & get a 1-year PS Plus subscription from GameStop for $30 on BF.

Yeah. I could almost get buy with just the year of Playstation Plus without ever needing to purchase a retail game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back