OTT expectation fails...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mr ryles']I don't really want to know your secret sauce or how you cook them.

Just where do you get the chicken from?![/QUOTE]

That's just it! It's not chicken!

[quote name='mr ryles']I don't really want to know your secret sauce or how you cook them.

Just where do you get the chicken from?![/quote]

The store.

[quote name='Dkellar']That's just it! It's not chicken![/QUOTE]

Chika's hot wings are... neighbors!

[quote name='mr ryles']she's only like 20-22 years old right now. So I think she has plenty of photo shoots left in her.[/QUOTE] Yeah, well photo shoots don't really do me any good.

Why am I sitting here watching Hex when I decided last time I watched it that I really didn't like it? There's just absolutely nothing on TV.

Man, everybody's using subby as a punching bag tonight. Don't worry, sub-a-dubba, I still love you. Just not in a penitentiary way.

[quote name='karsh']Why am I sitting here watching Hex when I decided last time I watched it that I really didn't like it? There's just absolutely nothing on TV.[/QUOTE]

Are you spying on him through his window?

Dylan's "Lovesick" from Time Out Of Mind is absolutely slaying me. Amazing stuff. I so regret not seeing him when he came through on his last tour, even though tix were $50ish.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']apparently you've never been out of the country. in Spain and France roadside shrimp is the only way to go. when i was in san sebastian, a spanish-basque resort town on the northern Atlantic coast, every couple hundred feet there was a roadside seafood stand. shrimp, mussles and various other bite-sized morsels.[/QUOTE]

apparently no I haven't altitude :)

I'm cool with roadside places in other countries. But some guy in SC selling shrimp by the road just doesn't sound safe.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=tIeHS0B610c[/MEDIA]

[quote name='mr ryles']Are you spying on him through his window?[/quote]

:lol::lol::lol:

Is it bad I completely forgot his username is Hex now? He's always Tiph to me. Just like how Frisky is still CrashSpyro.

No. I'm watching this horrible BBCA show Hex. It's supposed to be like Buffy but it's not very good at all.

[quote name='Graystone']apparently no I haven't altitude :)

I'm cool with roadside places in other countries. But some guy in SC selling shrimp by the road just doesn't sound safe.[/QUOTE]

so you're saying foreigners are better than us yanks?

If you don't like America you can ggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt out!

[quote name='Graystone']apparently no I haven't altitude . I'm cool with roadside places in other countries. But some guy in SC selling shrimp by the road just doesn't seem safe.[/QUOTE]

Their tee-shirts may be all pitted out, and their skin may be tanned to leather, but I'm sure the shrimp is safe, if you bring it up to 160 fahrenheit. :)

Do not click this spoiler tag.

WhyNakedYoga01splitforwardbend.jpg

[quote name='mr ryles']Are you spying on him through his window?[/quote]

I would imagine that would be quite dangerous, with the guns and all.

[quote name='karsh']:lol::lol::lol:

Is it bad I completely forgot his username is Hex now? He's always Tiph to me. Just like how Frisky is still CrashSpyro. [/QUOTE]

Same. And how successful dropout is trust, etc.

[quote name='Scobie']Dylan's "Lovesick" from Time Out Of Mind is absolutely slaying me. Amazing stuff. I so regret not seeing him when he came through on his last tour, even though tix were $50ish.[/QUOTE]I like Dylan's lyrics, but I can't stand his musical style, so I never listen to him.
When I saw The Roots back in February, some of the band members did a cover/remix of Man of War (I think that was the title...), with the same lyrics, but with different music, and I loved it.

[quote name='Dkellar']Fixed.[/QUOTE] Hey, just because I don't use them doesn't mean I have no use for them. ;)
[quote name='Scobie']Man, everybody's using subby as a punching bag tonight. Don't worry, sub-a-dubba, I still love you. Just not in a penitentiary way.[/QUOTE] They are? Did I miss something? :lol:

[quote name='mr ryles']who makes them? Are they frozen or do you get them from a butcher?[/quote] what do you mean "who makes them?" when a male chicken and a female chicken are in love.....

[quote name='Kayden']Do not click this spoiler tag.

WhyNakedYoga01splitforwardbend.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Seeing the image URL in the quote, I'm glad I didn't.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']what do you mean "who makes them?" when a male chicken and a female chicken are in love.....[/QUOTE] At least, she says she's in love. The bitch. :bomb: ;)

I ran into my insider in the company that I applied for an internship. I haven't seen him in several months so that was fun tonight. I need to write an e-mail to him sometime tonight.

[quote name='Scobie']Their tee-shirts may be all pitted out, and their skin may be tanned to leather, but I'm sure the shrimp is safe, if you bring it up to 160 fahrenheit. :)[/QUOTE]

Well some diseases can't be killed by heat. I've been to the Carolinas but it was during February. Its like my family was the only people around. Also fun fact when I was in SC. 3 t-shirt stores burned down in 3 days.

[quote name='mr ryles']so you're saying foreigners are better than us yanks?

If you don't like America you can ggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt out![/QUOTE]

No I'm saying other countries are better at the roadside stand then us. :)

[quote name='LiquidNight']I like Dylan's lyrics, but I can't stand his musical style, so I never listen to him.
When I saw The Roots back in February, some of the band members did a cover/remix of Man of War (I think that was the title...), with the same lyrics, but with different music, and I loved it.[/quote]

Very true. I love his music when done by other people... but him? No thanks.

The wheeeeeels on the buuuuuuuuus gooooooo rooooound and rooooound. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Graystone']Well some diseases can't be killed by heat. I've been to the Carolinas but it was during February. Its like my family was the only place around. Also fun fact when I was in SC. 3 t-shirt stores burned down in 3 days.

No I'm saying other countries are better at the roadside stand then us. :)[/quote] that's true. lots of other countries don't have supermarkets. they have a butcher, a bakery, a cheese shop, a green grocer, and seafood's sold at the dock off of boats.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']what do you mean "who makes them?" when a male chicken and a female chicken are in love.....[/QUOTE]

I give up.

I just wanted to know where to purchase the wings used for making hot wings, so I can make my own home made ones, but now I will never know.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Very true. I love his music when done by other people... but him? No thanks.

The wheeeeeels on the buuuuuuuuus gooooooo rooooound and rooooound. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]Others have done this? Can you give me some names, because I'd be interested in checking them out.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Other's have done this? Can you give me some names, because I'd be interested in checking them out.[/quote]

I was mainly thinking of the umpteen remakes of All Along the Watchtower. Most everyone thinks of Hendrix, and while there are others who prefer the DMB version, Dylan's was the original.

RATM did a re-arrangement of Maggie's Farm on the Renegades album.

Lemme see if I can think of some more.

[quote name='mr ryles']I give up.

I just wanted to know where to purchase the wings used for making hot wings, so I can make my own home made ones, but now I will never know.[/QUOTE]

The local grocery store should have some fresh ones in the meat department. There may be some frozen but I do know most times the frozen ones are already cooked and all you put is just put them in the oven and such.

[quote name='mr ryles']I give up.

I just wanted to know where to purchase the wings used for making hot wings, so I can make my own home made ones, but now I will never know.[/quote] dude, you go to the meat section of any supermarket and look for a package of chicken. unless you're looking for premade ones that are already battered and fried and shit. i actually MAKE them, as in i get a package of chicken, clean it, flour it, bread it, fry it, then make sauce and pour the sauce over it.

[quote name='LiquidNight']I like Dylan's lyrics, but I can't stand his musical style, so I never listen to him.
When I saw The Roots back in February, some of the band members did a cover/remix of Man of War (I think that was the title...), with the same lyrics, but with different music, and I loved it.[/QUOTE]

That would be "Masters of War" from The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan. Great album.

I'd really urge you to push through the immediate aversion to his style and voice. There's a rare genius there that surpasses almost everything the past century has produced. The only modern lyricists I can put in his league are Leonard Cohen and occasionally Nick Cave and Morrissey. Dylan's the man.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']dude, you go to the meat section of any supermarket and look for a package of chicken. unless you're looking for premade ones that are already battered and fried and shit. i actually MAKE them, as in i get a package of chicken, clean it, flour it, bread it, fry it, then make sauce and pour the sauce over it.[/QUOTE]

I went to 2 local butchers, and all that was there was full sized or large strips of chicken, no little chicken wings.

[quote name='Scobie']That would be "Masters of War" from The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan. Great album.

I'd really urge you to push through the immediate aversion to his style and voice. There's a rare genius there that surpasses almost everything the past century has produced. The only modern lyricists I can put in his league are Leonard Cohen and occasionally Nick Cave and Morrissey. Dylan's the man.[/QUOTE]That was the song!

Maybe I'll give him another shot, since his lyrics are great.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I was mainly thinking of the umpteen remakes of All Along the Watchtower. Most everyone thinks of Hendrix, and while there are others who prefer the DMB version, Dylan's was the original.

RATM did a re-arrangement of Maggie's Farm on the Renegades album.

Lemme see if I can think of some more.[/QUOTE] The White Stripes did "One More Cup Of Coffee", and various live covers.

I

[quote name='mr ryles']I went to 2 local butchers, and all that was there was full sized or large strips of chicken, no little chicken wings.[/QUOTE]

Yo, according to Google maps, there is a Wal-mart located here:
3010 Potato Rd, Winnemucca, NV
(775) 625-3777

Go there and ask about buy some raw bird wings.

[quote name='Dkellar']Yo, according to Google maps, there is a Wal-mart located here:
3010 Potato Rd, Winnemucca, NV
(775) 625-3777

Go there and ask about buy some raw bird wings.[/QUOTE]

ya I checked there.

[quote name='mr ryles']I went to 2 local butchers, and all that was there was full sized or large strips of chicken, no little chicken wings.[/quote] did you ask them for wings? usually butchers will sell pre-packed packages of chicken breast because they're a very common item but other assorted parts, like thighs and wings you need to ask for, they're in the ice chest. if you want pre-packaged wings, any supermarket will have them in meat department. even walmart sells chicken wings. we just saw them there a half hour ago.

[quote name='mr ryles']is a re-run?[/QUOTE]Yes, but it's making fun of 300, so I'm down regardless.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']dude, you go to the meat section of any supermarket and look for a package of chicken. unless you're looking for premade ones that are already battered and fried and shit. i actually MAKE them, as in i get a package of chicken, clean it, flour it, bread it, fry it, then make sauce and pour the sauce over it.[/QUOTE]

Very nice, most restaurants don't cover their wings in flour. But I'm for it, cause without the flour you get those little tough spots of meat, and skin.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']that's true. lots of other countries don't have supermarkets. they have a butcher, a bakery, a cheese shop, a green grocer, and seafood's sold at the dock off of boats.[/QUOTE]

Its sorta like back when we were discussing rising gas prices. I mentioned most of the worlds cities are set up for walking. You have neighborhood places you walk to, not a 19 mile drive to the store for all your needs.

[quote name='LiquidNight']That was the song!

Maybe I'll give him another shot, since his lyrics are great.[/QUOTE]

You're dealing with a guy who literally altered the course of modern music forever and was on the forefront of the battles to reshape our culture. The threads that leads back to Dylan are remarkable in their breadth and diversity.

Back when I was in college and truly discovered him, I saved up every week to buy another one of his back catalog albums. Each week brought an amazing new revelation. It was like watching a flower bloom in time elapsed photography. I still remember the way the day felt when I played Highway 61 Revisited for the first time. My jaw was on the floor as I kept reaching over to hit play again and again each time the record ended.

It was one of the most significant times of my life, and as I've gotten older it's amazing how his songs have grown on me in new and unexpected ways. Dylan will change the way you look at the world, art, music, your own life, and the people around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back