OTT Poll: Which members of CAG are most likely to be on medication?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='h3llbring3r']Our local news meteorologists were telling us to put on a helmets, even inside.[/QUOTE]

We did that when I was younger and hail was falling. Come to find out, helmets don't protect the rest of your body from being pelted with ice and one of my friends ended up with a cracked scapula.

Couldn't sleep last night. Furious rain and T-storm in WV last night until at least 4am, Tornado touched down supposedly a half hour away and I found out a friend over in East Berlin (PA) saw a tornado over in that area as well.

I really can't wait for Portal 2 to drop to $40 tomorrow. I was pretty excited for it when it first came out, but now that I've beat just about everything I own that is single player driven I need something new to entertain me while they work out the PSN shits.

[quote name='seanr1221']So...who's a stats expert? Preferably in SPSS.[/QUOTE]

What do you need? I'm more biostats than straight stats.

[quote name='Eviltude']I really can't wait for Portal 2 to drop to $40 tomorrow. I was pretty excited for it when it first came out, but now that I've beat just about everything I own that is single player driven I need something new to entertain me while they work out the PSN shits.[/QUOTE]

If you've got a KMart around you, it will be $35 on Sunday.

[quote name='seanr1221']So...who's a stats expert? Preferably in SPSS.[/QUOTE]

:wave:

Well, maybe not an expert, but whatchu need mang?

I had removed my account information from PSN back in February or March. All I had stored on there was my debit/check card. Really don't want to cancel that and get a new one. It basically leaves me with no way to pay for anything (aside from checks) until it shows up a week later. I dont like using cash.

[quote name='manthing']:wave:

Well, maybe not an expert, but whatchu need mang?[/QUOTE]

If manthang doesn't know, I might. I knew all about dat Stata and dat SPSS... a year ago.

Now all I know is how to sue people :(

[quote name='craven_fiend']If you've got a KMart around you, it will be $35 on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah? I thought that was just with some sort of giftcard. Thanks though. Now it's just to decide how badly I want it now.

Who are you kidding. SeanR should ask TMK, because TMK has made something successful of himself and makes thousands of dollars a year. You're just a substance abuser who lives in Minnesota. :roll:

[quote name='Eviltude']Oh yeah? I thought that was just with some sort of giftcard. Thanks though. Now it's just to decide how badly I want it now.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, it is a straight sale at $34.99, starting 5/1. I am glad I held off on it. Now I just need to decide whether or not I get the PS3 or 360 version. Both systems need some love, since I have powered them up, other than to watch movies.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Who are you kidding. SeanR should ask TMK, because TMK has made something successful of himself and makes thousands of dollars a year. You're just a substance abuser who lives in Minnesota. :roll:[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Where's all this from?

[quote name='craven_fiend']As far as I know, it is a straight sale at $34.99, starting 5/1. I am glad I held off on it. Now I just need to decide whether or not I get the PS3 or 360 version. Both systems need some love, since I have powered them up, other than to watch movies.[/QUOTE]

Coolio. Maybe I'll pick it up somewhere now that will price match it later. You know if you get it for PS3 then you get it for free on steam also, yeah? The choice is clear...

Only a multi-hospital system could design a process where you have to log in the package, then log in the contents of the package using one program;
and finally the receive the package list and contents in a completely different program.

I miss living in states with more extreme weather so the mere mention of hail and a possible funnel cloud hours away doesnt take up the first 10 minutes of the newscast for days. Gang shootings? City council? No, let's mention the weather!

[quote name='DT778']Darkness. Tell us about the time you made a penis filled LBP level and got banned from PSN.[/QUOTE]
Haha, yea the good ol' days. It was only a temp ban though. ;)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Oh wow, didn't know I was still so actively hated. Welll damn!

At least I'm not forgotten?

And damn, I thought at least sean thought I was ok.[/QUOTE]
Isn't it nice to be so beloved?;)

Howdy all. I'm back. Anyone miss me? Anyone notice I was gone? Anyone? No? Ok, carry on.

(Also whats the consensus on Portal 2 and is it worth $54.99?)

[quote name='Maklershed']Howdy all. I'm back. Anyone miss me? Anyone notice I was gone? Anyone? No? Ok, carry on.

(Also whats the consensus on Portal 2 and is it worth $54.99?)[/QUOTE]
It's going to be $34.99 on Monday and 90% of everyone I know has really enjoyed it.

[quote name='Maklershed']Howdy all. I'm back. Anyone miss me? Anyone notice I was gone? Anyone? No? Ok, carry on.

(Also whats the consensus on Portal 2 and is it worth $54.99?)[/QUOTE]

I think the consensus would be "if you want the short but sweet portal 2, get it at kmart after sunday, when it's $35".

And since Mak lives deep in scrapple n' shoo fly pie country, he should also know Gamestop(and likely gs.com) will have it for $40 starting tomorrow

Filling out job applications sucks. It forces me (the college student with no real experience) to realize that I still have 2 years of working for peanuts ahead of me before I can get a decent paying job. It's looking like I'm either going to work on a boat or pull a flowery and hope that an employer takes a chance by hiring me.

[quote name='eldergamer']I miss living in states with more extreme weather so the mere mention of hail and a possible funnel cloud hours away doesnt take up the first 10 minutes of the newscast for days. Gang shootings? City council? No, let's mention the weather![/QUOTE]

Gang shootings and city council's inactivity are everyday occurrence, deadly weather is not.

[quote name='manthing']And since Mak lives deep in scrapple n' shoo fly pie country, he should also know Gamestop(and likely gs.com) will have it for $40 starting tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Really? Hmmmm. Do I dare risk being subjected to a stale cloud of the aroma of Arby's meals past and being talked to as if its assumed my gaming knowledge is equivalent to that of a 40 year old soccer mom for this deal? I think yes.

[quote name='Maklershed']Tanks for the info

Speaking of deals, the Die Hard bluray collection is $20.49 at Amazon right now[/QUOTE]

Seems they matched the Walmart deal or vice versa.

[quote name='Chika']What do you need? I'm more biostats than straight stats.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chacrana']If manthang doesn't know, I might. I knew all about dat Stata and dat SPSS... a year ago.

Now all I know is how to sue people :([/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. Here's the scoop.

So I'm ready to run the stats of my thesis, and I'm a bit overwhelmed. My advisor only uses R, and I feel a lot more comfortable in SPSS (I have a couple guides, plus it's a million times more user friendly compared to R). My main issue is...I suck at stats. Math has always been my weakest subject. Also, I was all set to do multiple Ancovas for my analysis, but at the last minute, my committee changed it. Basically, I could use some guidance. Their suggestion was to do multiple linear regression models. I thought multiple regression at first, but they said no, multiple linear regression models.

To bring you guys up to speed, I'm looking at 4 different language outcomes in kids with autism before and after 2 different therapies were administered.

I'm going to have a single score for each language outcome. (score post therapy/score pre therapy) - 1). Obviously, these are my dependent variables.

Since the kids didn't all come from the same classroom, I'm using which classroom each child is in as a random effect.

I also have the age in months for each child, along with a teacher fidelity rating (to see how well the kids were actually getting one of the intervention methods).

And of course which therapy method each child is in as an IV.

Problem is, I don't even know how to get off the ground with this. Ancovas seems so much simpler...

Sean, my guess as to what they mean is to run 4 different Regression Models--one for each language outcome as the dependent variable.

So you'd just go into SPSS and run each model (Analyze--Regression--Linear in the SPSS menu) with the current outcome your looking at as the dependent variable, and then all your independent variables (class room, age, teacher rating, therapy method etc.) put into the model.

Then you just talk about the impact of the therapy on each language outcome, controlling for the other independent variables in your model.

So it's easier than I'm making it out to be and I shouldn't be freaking out? I know it's no a factor analysis...or even multiple regression. Those were both huge pains when I had stats over a year ago.

Yep, it sounds pretty simple and basic.

And mutiple regression is just a linear regression with more than one independent variable in the model. So that's what you're doing here.

It's not complicated at all to do in programs like SPSS or Stata etc. Just complicated in stats classes where you have to do some of the equations by hand and understand the the logic behind the model etc.

The SPSS Survival Guide seems to be perfect for me. I'm going to read over the regression section Friday/Saturday for a refresher, and start running stats Sunday.

I have an Autism conference coming up on the 11th, so I need to have a poster ready by the 9th. Cutting it really close, but oh well...this project got way too big. To put it in perspective, I have an n of 43. Sounds small, but I transcribed 200 utterances per child, and the adult utterance before each child utterance. I had 20,000+ utterances when all was said and done. Took over a year to do all that...partially because my advisor threw the transcribing manual at me and said figure it out.

Oh, did I mention EVERY language study I came across looked at 100 utterances...and I had 200...yeah...

But...if I run into problems, I might be messaging you. Be ready for Sunday :) :wave:

[quote name='Eviltude']Filling out job applications sucks. It forces me (the college student with no real experience) to realize that I still have 2 years of working for peanuts ahead of me before I can get a decent paying job. It's looking like I'm either going to work on a boat or pull a flowery and hope that an employer takes a chance by hiring me.[/QUOTE]

It is always more depressing seeing someone else say it.

~~~~~~~~

Melee Mars Missions's Win. My buddy plays for the Frisco Roughriders. He said it was crazy. Fans tossing bottles of water and a teammate got suspended for tossing a garbage can at the fans.

Good times in the Minor League.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is there any way for me to change my PSN password while the PSN is down?[/QUOTE]
Buy the PSN database for sale.

Change your password.

Donate database back to Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back