OTTer for iPhone, Xbox 360, Playstation3, Nokia N95 for being your pleasure

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='lilboo']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8453648&type=product&id=1184767919174

If there's nothing good on sale next week, I'd rather go tonight and pick up a TV. I can still find a 10% coupon online to use.[/quote]Like Maklershed said, I'd give some serious look at Vizio. I have an Olevia, as does TFN.

Vizio and Olevia are two second-tier brands that look very good and they're well-suited to most people that don't need the bleeding edge look of a Samsung or a Sony.

Toshiba, Phillips and LG are all first-tier vendors worth looking at for a lower-cost option as well.

[quote name='Maklershed']:lol:

Lilboo .. if you want a "budget" tv get a vizio. They're the roxorz. I got my 37" at Circuit City for $539.99 (using the AAA 10% off coupon which may or may not be available anymore) and it's awesome. Great picture and lots of input options.

Shouldn't you be at school? :whistle2:k[/quote]

[quote name='TFN']Pudgie is homeschooled, Mak.[/quote]

Yes, I will start doing school here in just a sec and Yes I am homeschooled.

Also there is a multi quote option now. Sweet.

What kind of guy wraps tape around his face for a picture?

Corny as hell.
whee.gif

So if you see a good price somewhere you won't buy unless there's a coupon involved, lilboo? :whistle2:/

They sell Vizio at Costco so I'd at least do a price check there if you are looking at that brand.

Why does the Dobie always have to play such late showtimes on Weekdays. Grrr... I want to go see Persepolis but it is isn't playing until 7:30 on weeknights.

[quote name='Maklershed']Morning OTT. My little beagle had to be euthanized this morning. Words can't describe how sick and empty hearted I feel about it. :cry:

R.I.P. Cookie :cry:[/quote]

Sorry mak. That really sucks dude. :cry:

[quote name='wubb']So if you see a good price somewhere you won't buy unless there's a coupon involved, lilboo? :whistle2:/

They sell Vizio at Costco so I'd at least do a price check there if you are looking at that brand.[/QUOTE]

Not really, but the coupons always help! Especially 10% at $800! We don't have a Costco here. I'm still looking around, though.

[quote name='lilboo']Not really, but the coupons always help! Especially 10% at $800! We don't have a Costco here. I'm still looking around, though.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. Let me know if you'd like me to check the prices there for you just for shits and giggles.

I think the 42" LCD was running $750 last time I took a look.

[quote name='wubb']So if you see a good price somewhere you won't buy unless there's a coupon involved, lilboo? :whistle2:/

They sell Vizio at Costco so I'd at least do a price check there if you are looking at that brand.[/quote]They also sell it at Sam's and WalMart as well.

[quote name='lilboo']Not really, but the coupons always help! Especially 10% at $800! We don't have a Costco here. I'm still looking around, though.[/quote]See above for where you could get a Vizio.

Is 42" about what you're looking at, or would 37" work as well?

[quote name='wubb']Well that sucks. Let me know if you'd like me to check the prices there for you just for shits and giggles.

I think the 42" LCD was running $750 last time I took a look.[/quote]I think the Vizio at Costco was about that price, though it was a 37".

[quote name='Maklershed']
baby_tiger_surprised_face.jpg

GRAMMAR'D![/quote]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Wrong pic, Mak.[/quote]

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I hate you.

I only kind of hate you.[/quote]

Man, you just gots to know where to look... now do you want the mild mannered alter ego journalist:
grammard.png

GRAMMAR'D!

or

the phone-booth-changing, superest or super-type-hero-people, GRAMMARKING!
grammarking.png

[quote name='lilboo']Costco is like.. a BJ's and Sam's Club right?.. We have those 2 around here. Maybe I'll look at their websites.

http://www.target.com/Olevia-37-LCD...ie=UTF8&node=14157081&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

Olevia 37 $749? Hmm. I hate these purchases. Because no matter WHEN You buy it, there's going to be something better next week. Sigh.[/quote]

I still feel pretty good about this Westinghouse for 873.21. And a better deal on it hasn't surfaced yet... :D

37 is pretty much what we expect we are getting. However, if we see a nice 42 inch then we'll take it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I still feel pretty good about this Westinghouse for 873.21. And a better deal on it hasn't surfaced yet... :D[/QUOTE]

Well I hate you :razz:

Do you have the address for where you sent it to, terrible?

I live where you sent it and I want to know where the fuck this place is so I can rob their pockets of 360s.
whee.gif

[quote name='lilboo']37 is pretty much what we expect we are getting. However, if we see a nice 42 inch then we'll take it.

Well I hate you :razz:[/quote]*He's talking about TVs, he's talking about TVs.....*:lol:

[quote name='lilboo']Costco is like.. a BJ's and Sam's Club right?.. We have those 2 around here. Maybe I'll look at their websites.

http://www.target.com/Olevia-37-LCD...ie=UTF8&node=14157081&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

Olevia 37 $749? Hmm. I hate these purchases. Because no matter WHEN You buy it, there's going to be something better next week. Sigh.[/quote]Costco = Sam's Club = BJ's Wholesale.

Same type of store, with membership required for buying stuff. And it's made up in spades, if you spend enough on items at the store.

That 237T is the TV that TFN bought, I think, around BF last year. Which, if I'm remembering right, is the same specs as my 537H which I bought on BF last year. It's a great TV and I love it.

[quote name='TFN']Do you have the address for where you sent it to, terrible?
[/QUOTE]

Repair Center
5700 South International Parkway
Door #18
McAllen, TX 78503

After looking at a few stores websites, I'm realizing that the better of the deals SEEMS to be that Olevia 37" at Target for $749.

Do they still give you 10% off for applying for the Target card? :lol: I probably won't get accepted, but still. I remember Kohl's would give 10% just for applying.

Damn, they practically send your shit to Mexico.

Its like 15 miles south from where I'm at, and I'm downtown. :/

Funny its right behind the rough neighborhoods of McAllen, too.

By the way lilboo, if you are interested in the Vizio, don't get it from Walmart. I saw people mention here and on AVS forums that apparently Walmart has a line of Vizios made just for them and they suck compared to the "real" vizios that you'd get at a place like Circuit City or Best Buy.

[quote name='Maklershed']By the way lilboo, if you are interested in the Vizio, don't get it from Walmart. I saw people mention here and on AVS forums that apparently Walmart has a line of Vizios made just for them and they suck compared to the "real" vizios that you'd get at a place like Circuit City or Best Buy.[/quote]The way you can tell is that the Vizio's for WM are all-black, and the model # has a W in it.

The ones from Sam's Club and Costco aren't the same ones.

[quote name='shrike4242']

I think the Vizio at Costco was about that price, though it was a 37".[/QUOTE]

You know I think $750 was for the 37" not the 42". Got mixed up there.

One thing with checking costco's website for prices is they generally don't stock the same stuff online that they stock at the B&M. Not sure if Sam's Club works it that same way or not.

i annoyed him at work with endless texts and I think we might be going to Target tonight :)

I'm fine with that price of $749. I know it'll be in the ad in 2 weeks for like $23, but still. Now off to monoprice to get some Wii componet cables.

:lol: If we *do* indeed go tonight, should I even bother looking at my Wii on HDTV using composite cables?? :lol:

The 37" Olevia LCD reviewed pretty well in Consumer Reports. Although it was a different model than the one our Target currently stocks. Kind of common with these things that have new models released all the time. PITA.

[quote name='lilboo']i annoyed him at work with endless texts and I think we might be going to Target tonight :)

I'm fine with that price of $749. I know it'll be in the ad in 2 weeks for like $23, but still. Now off to monoprice to get some Wii componet cables.

:lol: If we *do* indeed go tonight, should I even bother looking at my Wii on HDTV using composite cables?? :lol:[/quote]Yes, you need to get the component cables for the Wii with a HDTV. 480i on it tends to look like ass, 480p looks good. It's not 720p or 1080i, though it'll do much better than 480i.

This is such a dumb question (but at least I'm admitting to it). But I don't need anything special to watch TV.. right? Just plug it in..and.. that should be it. Yes yes?

[quote name='lilboo']This is such a dumb question (but at least I'm admitting to it). But I don't need anything special to watch TV.. right? Just plug it in..and.. that should be it. Yes yes?[/quote]

Depends on what your picture source is. If you're using a digital cable box you should get an hdmi cable (from monoprice.com).

[quote name='lilboo']This is such a dumb question (but at least I'm admitting to it). But I don't need anything special to watch TV.. right? Just plug it in..and.. that should be it. Yes yes?[/quote]

Yes. And it will look like ass.

Get an HD digital box from your provider. Changes standard TV to 480p, like your Wii, and HD channels roll in either 720p or 1080i. It makes a difference, for sure.

Time Warner needs more HD channels.

Theres shit shitty movie network where they show tons and tons of crapfest HD movies like ''D2: The Mighty Ducks" and "Renaissance Man" :(

Lilboo - If you have Comcast I recommend you get a dvr box. First of all the dvr is just the most awesome thing ever .. it's like Tivo but easier to deal with and the best part is that the hd signal is provided for free through it. So it's like two pay services in one for only $9.99.

Yeah, you should plan to upgrade to HD service from your TV provider ASAP or there isn't much point to getting an HD set IMO. Hopefully you'll get a box with an HDMI out.

[quote name='TFN']Time Warner needs more HD channels.

Theres shit shitty movie network where they show tons and tons of crapfest HD movies like ''D2: The Mighty Ducks" and "Renaissance Man" :([/QUOTE]

My parents can't get NBC in HD from their cable company. I think they get 6 or 7 channels in HD total.

I've told them to switch to sattelite but I don't think they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back