Overstock mistake: Neon Genesis Platinulion collection for $8.03 + tax

Could overstock.com, realizing the mistake, change the price, and then subsequently charge us more for it (as suggested by ryoga)?

Or would they alert us beforehand or cancel the order or...?

[quote name='Strell']Could overstock.com, realizing the mistake, change the price, and then subsequently charge us more for it (as suggested by ryoga)?

Or would they alert us beforehand or cancel the order or...?[/QUOTE]

no a place can not charge you more then you agreed to pay

Seeing how the set isn't released until 11/22, that gives Overstock a whole lot of time to cancel orders, but here's to hoping!

I used Paypal and used their purchase guarantee fraud protection blah blah blah for only an additional .63 cents. We'll see if that helps.

ehh, as good as the deal is, I think I'm gonna pass. Never really liked Eva, except for Death and the parody eps (Peon Hentai EvanJellyon and Evangelion Re:Death). Good Luck to everyone else though. Think I"m gonna get some stuff for my girlfriend for xmas from the ADV sale instead.

My God. You have found the ultimate. Where did you stumble on this? I just placed my order in disbelief!

Good catch. You are my MVP for the month of October!

Blue Monkey

thanks for the heads-up, I caught the first two episodes on adult swim and I really liked them so I really hope something comes of this.

by the way, use "73617" for free shipping.

I just ordered. Here is hoping this works out, as it would be awesome beyond words. Evangelion is like the anime that got me through middle school. (I realize how dorky that sounds)

I picked this up for my brother.. no interest in it myself but I can't think of a good reason not to jump on this. Paid via Paypal so I can keep abreast of what's going on.

Well I threw my 9 bucks in the ring, but I don't expect much of anything they cancelled my last two orders that were mistakes like that. Personally I think they suck because I've never had an order from them go right even when it wasn't a mistake but for a savings this big I'm far too cheap to pass.

I ordered 1, I hope the honor it cause one of my friends has been really bugging me to see it, yet she won't loan me her copy or take the time to watch it with me.

I like this part:

In order to assure you Overstock.com's low price on this pre-order, we will charge your credit card when you place the order.

Yes please!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I'm in. And they've honoreed every price mistake I've ever ordered from them. That includes Joan of Arcadia for $10, MArd Daybreak LE for $12, Tomorrow people for $7.[/QUOTE]

That settles it. If you don't think it's a trap...

[quote name='Deadpool']I already have one, but i ordered another :)

This WILL be canceled!

Am i the only one that got it for $8.02 shipped?[/QUOTE]

I did too. I clicked "Expedite my shipping," thinking that if I paid more for it, it would be more likely to go through. But it dropped the price by a dollar. Just about killed me. :booty:

Wow, there is more activity in this thread than the one over at DVDTalk. This has now been posted to slickdeals and FW, so hurry.

[quote name='Deadpool']I already have one, but i ordered another :)

This WILL be canceled!

Am i the only one that got it for $8.02 shipped?[/QUOTE]

I got it for $0.00 shipped after my discount for joining a while back :D

Did all of you get charged already? I want to order but my checking account only has $4.88 in it and I'm waiting for paypal to transfer $5 more which won't transfer until tomorrow morning.. ****.

Yes, it says you'll be charged immediately since this has a high chance of a sell out.

I hope I get it. I ordered one copy... I've never seen more than the first (or one of the first) episodes and I can't say I got into it but I was intrigued. Maybe if I watch more of it...:)

Many thanks OP!:D

Cool. Made a quick call to my girl and charged the set to her card. :) Hopefully it goes through though. I accidentally had it shipped to her apartment though.

Does that shipping code work?

I went ahead and ordered one, even though I got the entire platinum collection already. I wonder if it will come in the same silver box?

Sorry for the triple post but I thought I might mention that best buy had a preorder price that was much lower than the $45 price of the two evangelion movies boxed together. They changed it as soon as it was shipped to the stores and I could have kicked myself for not preordering it instead.

Someone should tell them about the mistake. The sooner you tell them, the higher chance they will respect the orders put in. The more orders put in, the less of a chance that they'll let us have it for the price. However if only a couple people buy it for this price then there is a high chance they'll sell it to us for that price.

[quote name='Zmonkay']I found this site, has a pic of the box.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/b7rvRczB3ol9b=ees6/browse/item/67745/4/0/0[/QUOTE]

Darn you beat me to it! Yep it looks like the same box only thinner. I really like the pic they have on the side opposite of the opening, but they don't have room for it on this box. Oh,well the dvds seem to be the same just in smaller cases.

You guys might want to read this.
"Prices and availability of products on the Site are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected when discovered, and we reserve the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions (including after an order has been submitted)."

http://faq.support.overstock.com/?docID=29

Um uh oh.

I jumped on this deal, but having read cgpwns' post, i"m a bit worried. Maybe someone should alert them to this like Spunkymonkey said. I'm too.. tired. But I don't think any of us want to be charged full-price for this... I'm worried.

it wont make a difference as they will known something is up with that many orders (unless the dont work on sunday or something) Also there is no need to worry, as the worst the could do is cancel your order.

However, just remember your money is charged. Which means if they cancel the order in 10 days, they will be holding that money for 10 days. Now if they got thousands of orders, they are holding thousands of dollars for as long as it takes for them to cancel the orders.

[quote name='cgpwns']

You guys might want to read this.
"Prices and availability of products on the Site are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected when discovered, and we reserve the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions (including after an order has been submitted)."

http://faq.support.overstock.com/?docID=29[/QUOTE]

Damn... oh well, maybe it'll work but probably not.

bread's done
Back