Pandora's Tower HMV exclusive collector's box & collector's artwork book

scorponok

CAGiversary!
I didn't see this mentioned. Sorry if it has already been mentioned.

If you order Pandora's Tower at HMV you get an exclusive collector's box (holds Pandora's Tower, The Last Story, and Xenoblade Chronicles), and a collector's artwork book full of imagery from the 3 games. I noticed HMV added these exclusive bonus items only a few days ago. They are included with the regular and the special edition.

Regular edition http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=594914

Special edition http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=594981

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I made the mistake of ordering TLS from the UK, I'll wait til this one comes to the US this time.[/QUOTE]

i take it you didn't spend the extra $2 to get the CE, i'm glad i did...

[quote name='havuk']i take it you didn't spend the extra $2 to get the CE, i'm glad i did...[/QUOTE]

I got the CE for The Last Story. I didn't even open it yet. If the there is a CE released here in the states I'll probably sell my Euro copy.

Just got notice from HMV that my Pandora's Tower CE w the special 3 game box is on its way so apparently everyone who did get in on this before it sold out rather quickly should be ok.

[quote name='Motoki']Just got notice from HMV that my Pandora's Tower CE w the special 3 game box is on its way so apparently everyone who did get in on this before it sold out rather quickly should be ok.[/QUOTE]

Did your shipping notice mention the exclusive collector's box / art book? I pre ordered the special edition on 2/3 and my shipping notice doesn't mention the collector's box / art book. Hopefully I'm getting them.

[quote name='scorponok']Did your shipping notice mention the exclusive collector's box / art book? I pre ordered the special edition on 2/3 and my shipping notice doesn't mention the collector's box / art book. Hopefully I'm getting them.[/QUOTE]

It didn't explicitly state the box, but it said "Special Edition" and as far as I know that was the only special edition of Pandora's Tower that HMV was offering, albeit for a limited time.

Man, you guys are lucky are hell... I didn't even see it when this was posted last week. Otherwise, I would have definitely ordered one...

Just my damn luck.:whistle2:(

[quote name='Motoki']It didn't explicitly state the box, but it said "Special Edition" and as far as I know that was the only special edition of Pandora's Tower that HMV was offering, albeit for a limited time.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that is false. The preorder of the regular edition was also bundled with the "Operation Rainfall" games box.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Actually, that is false. The preorder of the regular edition was also bundled with the "Operation Rainfall" games box.[/QUOTE]

I haven't followed all the different editions so I didn't realize they were giving box to the regular edition as well but in any case, everyone is (supposedly) getting it so the special edition should get it. We'll find out soon enough I suppose. I imagine people in the UK should start getting their copies any time now.

[quote name='Vinny']Man, you guys are lucky are hell... I didn't even see it when this was posted last week. Otherwise, I would have definitely ordered one...

Just my damn luck.:whistle2:([/QUOTE]
I doubt you're missing much. It's probably going to be a low quality slipbox that is halfway crushed by the time it reaches people.

I didn't get my shipping notice yet, but my order is not cancelled. Probably will be shipped later today.

[quote name='jeffx']Please explain. I've had nothing but bad experiences with Zavvi and dvd.co.uk

Was yours the LE of TLS? How was it packaged?[/QUOTE]

I did not get the LE. However, shipping was free and even then, it only took a week after shipping to get to me. I would definitely recommend them over Zavvi, which took over 3 weeks to get me Xenoblade.

[quote name='Stele']I doubt you're missing much. It's probably going to be a low quality slipbox that is halfway crushed by the time it reaches people.[/QUOTE]

Probably, but I still want it.:p

[quote name='Nintendonly']This might be getting a North American release, IF the rumors are to be believed-

http://www.nintemple.blogspot.com/2012/04/pandoras-tower-confirmed-for-na.html

http://www.nintemple.blogspot.com/2012/04/pandoras-tower-follow-up.html

http://www.nintemple.blogspot.com/2012/04/confirmation-on-pandoras-tower-coming.html

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rumor/29786

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469929

Is anybody posting here a manager of GameStop? Did you guys get an email discussing The Last Story or whatever?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't doubt that considering Xenoblade's release and XSEED taking up The Last Story. Imo, this is a great way to top off the life of the Wii. It gains three great RPGs before its death and we all move onto the WiiU.

[quote name='Vinny']Probably, but I still want it.:razz:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here.

[quote name='Zaku77']I have received some LEs from 365games. They, at the very least, are leaps and bounds ahead of zavvi/hut[/QUOTE]

I'd rather hear about the conditions of your LEs, thanks!

Two were shipped in a box and were great, one was shipped in a padded envelope and was not. They are 2/3 for CEs. The Hut/Zavvi is 0/12 or so. Definitely much better.

is there a steelbook for xenoblade chronicles? i've seen the CE but thought it just included the game and red classic controller..

I'm hoping the Pandora's Tower LE comes in the same hard cardboard as The Last Story. That really helps preserve quality.

Yeah it does. I wish all LEs came like that! You also have the added bonus of enough weight to bludgeon any passerby ruffians that may be harassing you! lol

That guy TDLink posting over at NeoGAF (and might also have an account here) is quite the dumbass for spreading misinformation that Mistwalker owns The Last Story. If he bothered to check Trademarkia.com or even the Patent Trademark Office, he'd know that Nintendo actually owns the IP lock, stock, and barrel, and they could put another developer to work on a sequel if they so choose.

[quote name='Zaku77']Damn French exclusives. Nintendo really needs to stop doing that![/QUOTE]

what bugs me is they release this special box to put the games in but made the xenoblade steelbook a french exclusive?

[quote name='havuk']what bugs me is they release this special box to put the games in but made the xenoblade steelbook a french exclusive?[/QUOTE]

What's the big deal? There are store exclusives here too... GAME France gets a lot of exclusive steelbooks, as just Futureshop (in Canada). But the fact that NoE is more willing to release/allow steelbooks and CEs in general while NoA just sucks does bother me.

BTW, did HMV just completely remove Pandora's Tower from their site? That seems kinda weird...

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Yeah... the post I made on XSEED's forums about pushing for one of those trilogy boxsets is basically just getting "NoA is bad" posts.

Fun stuff though.[/QUOTE]

Interesting thread you posted. I'm thinking that NOA only really cares about the casual players at this point, seeing that they have contributed to the monster sales the Wii has had for the last few years.

NOE has the right idea of not only catering to the casuals, but also to the long time fans that stuck by them for a lot longer than the Wii system era.

My order from HMV shipped, so that should be here in a few weeks. I will still buy the NA version, to support the effort that it was being brought over here, when ever a publisher picks it up.

[quote name='Vinny']What's the big deal? There are store exclusives here too... GAME France gets a lot of exclusive steelbooks, as just Futureshop (in Canada). But the fact that NoE is more willing to release/allow steelbooks and CEs in general while NoA just sucks does bother me.

BTW, did HMV just completely remove Pandora's Tower from their site? That seems kinda weird...[/QUOTE]

it's not a big deal , it just seems like all three games should have included a steelbook if they're being considered a "trilogy" i just like the steelbooks myself. ;). probably the OCD collector in me.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Yeah... the post I made on XSEED's forums about pushing for one of those trilogy boxsets is basically just getting "NoA is bad" posts.

Fun stuff though.[/QUOTE]

There's some malware coming from their site.

So is anyone else's order still pending from HMV. I had it pre-ordered but recieved a mail today about issues with payment.
The credit card company needed my confirmation for order to go through.
Once everything was sorted out, HMV customer rep said that they are currently out of stock & will get some more in couple of days.
I am not too sure about that & was wondering if anyone else's order shows this status - "Awaiting stock allocation"

[quote name='DanteWarrior']So is anyone else's order still pending from HMV. I had it pre-ordered but recieved a mail today about issues with payment.
The credit card company needed my confirmation for order to go through.
Once everything was sorted out, HMV customer rep said that they are currently out of stock & will get some more in couple of days.
I am not too sure about that & was wondering if anyone else's order shows this status - "Awaiting stock allocation"[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue but emailed customer service as soon as I realized it (with my bank) but BEFORE they emailed me saying there was a payment issue. I stated in the email not to cancel my order under any circumstances and to process the payment again, and they did so and replied promptly within a few hours, even sending me a delivery confirmation. When I saw the bank had blocked the original transaction, I freaked out figuring this might happen and I'd lose my preorder! :hot:

[quote name='Nintendonly']There's some malware coming from their site.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s That can't be right. It's probably just a false positive, right?

[quote name='DanteWarrior']So when did you notice it - yesterday?
And the game shipped out same day? I have a feeling I am going to lose out on this one[/QUOTE]

i had a CC issue this morning, called them up and within the hour got my shipping confirmation email. they shouldn't just cancel your order, surely they deal with payment issues all the time.

[quote name='Nintendonly']There's some malware coming from their site.[/QUOTE]

I did view source and this line is what is setting it off:

So then I did some Googling and apparently it is effecting a lot of boards, not just XSeed's. Turns out it's something in the V Bulletin software itself. By all accounts it is server side so it shouldn't be able to do anything to anyone's computers but VBulletin themselves definitely caught something and possibly anyone running one of their boards if the boards actually run on other servers.

See here for more info:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?3625-Google-Now-Warning-Site-Unsafe&p=51168&viewfull=1#post51168

Okay, there's good news and bad news. The good news is, there's no client-side compromise that's causing the search results and code to be manipulated. So everyone's computer is safe, at least as far as THIS specific issue.

The bad news is, it's definitely a server-side compromise of some sort:

Code:
ccurzio@Defiant:~$ lynx -source http://dmctalk.org/forum.php | grep mavmor

Something on the server is inserting this particular snippet of code into the pages of the site, just above the footer. I thought it interesting when I got a warning from IE that "This site uses Java" (I got a warning because I don't have a Java Runtime installed in my VM) and I suspect this is some kind of drive-by attack.

Still investigating.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Ugh, 365games says Pandora's Tower is in stock, but it still says "awaiting release" on my order status. :([/QUOTE]

They just despatched my LE which I ordered yesterday based on your recommendation!

Pandora's Tower is listed on HMV's site again, and they still include the exclusive collector's box and art book.

[quote name='scorponok']Pandora's Tower is listed on HMV's site again, and they still include the exclusive collector's box and art book.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. The whole thing of completely removing it like it never existed was very odd. You'd think it would make more sense to put 'temporarily sold out, more on the way' or something like that but actually leave the listing up.

A lot of us who ordered were starting to wonder if it was an error or what.

[quote name='jeffx']They just despatched my LE which I ordered yesterday based on your recommendation![/QUOTE]

WTF, they still haven't shipped mine! And they already charged my credit card! I'm going to email them.

[quote name='scorponok']Pandora's Tower is listed on HMV's site again, and they still include the exclusive collector's box and art book.[/QUOTE]

I'm not seeing the box and art book on the listing.

Like the other guy above me, the Boxset case is not included on the website, only the game and the LE, so the free collector's box is sold out.

bread's done
Back