Pandora's Tower HMV exclusive collector's box & collector's artwork book

scorponok

CAGiversary!
I didn't see this mentioned. Sorry if it has already been mentioned.

If you order Pandora's Tower at HMV you get an exclusive collector's box (holds Pandora's Tower, The Last Story, and Xenoblade Chronicles), and a collector's artwork book full of imagery from the 3 games. I noticed HMV added these exclusive bonus items only a few days ago. They are included with the regular and the special edition.

Regular edition http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=594914

Special edition http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=594981

You guys need to stop comparing shipping times based on destination. International orders go through a lot more hoops than domestic orders, some packages go through without any inspection, some are selected but not inspected, and some are inspected. Just because they shipped the same day, from the same place, and to the same destination doesn't mean anything.

[quote name='scorponok']My HMV order arrived today. I am not happy. It was shipped in a bag. Why would they ship a limited edition to another country in a bag? When I saw the bag I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. The box is crushed on the right side and has some nice dents on 2 of the corners. The contents of the box look perfect and so are the 2 bonus items. I am not sure if I should go through all the trouble of returning it or not. They will probably send the replacement in a bag. :cry:

pt.jpg

pt2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Whoa... I placed an order with HMV only because they shipped TLS in a box and assumed they would do the same with this item since they're both basically the same size/weight. Is everyone receiving their orders in bags?

My box is well fucked up, but I found a box only on ebay for like $10. The seller sends 'em flat and I think that's well worth it.

Got my copy and I'm really enjoying the game. For those that are able to, I definitely recommend using Dolphin. The game plays really well and looks so much better on my PC than when I tried playing it on my Wii.

Wii Res:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']Got my copy and I've been enjoying the game. If you are able to, I definitely recommend playing the game on Dolphin over the Wii.
[/QUOTE]

Which version of Dolphin are you using for Pandora's Tower if you don't mind me asking?

I agree Dolphin is great though. There's even a project going to do a high res retexture of Xenoblade for dolphin.

[quote name='Motoki']Which version of Dolphin are you using for Pandora's Tower if you don't mind me asking?

I agree Dolphin is great though. There's even a project going to do a high res retexture of Xenoblade for dolphin.[/QUOTE]
I've been using 3.0-591. That Xenoblade project is awesome, didn't know about that. I have a i5-2500k @ 4.8GHz and crossfire HD 6870's and the game plays pretty much perfectly.

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']I've been using 3.0-591. That Xenoblade project is awesome, didn't know about that. I have a i5-2500k @ 4.8GHz and crossfire HD 6870's and the game plays pretty much perfectly.[/QUOTE]

Is there a reason why people use older versions of DE? I never understood that...

I wonder if we'll ever see a DE run Wii games perfectly. It's too bad the processors are going the way of multiple cores instead of really high clocks... since it's much harder to program for multiple cores. Either way, not like I can take advantage of it since I've got ancient hardware. I was lucky to enjoy Xenoblade at 720p with audio issues.

[quote name='Vinny']Is there a reason why people use older versions of DE? I never understood that...

I wonder if we'll ever see a DE run Wii games perfectly. It's too bad the processors are going the way of multiple cores instead of really high clocks... since it's much harder to program for multiple cores. Either way, not like I can take advantage of it since I've got ancient hardware. I was lucky to enjoy Xenoblade at 720p with audio issues.[/QUOTE]
I pretty much never check for new versions of Dolphin unless I'm having problems with a game I'm trying to play at the time, no reason for me to really check if all my games still play fine.

[quote name='Vinny']Is there a reason why people use older versions of DE? I never understood that...
[/QUOTE]

Actually there is. Sometimes certain changes are made and older versions believe it or not actually run better. I know this was the case for The Last Story.

Also there are a lot of unofficial forked hacks and variants of Dolphin, a lot of times they are optimized for a specific game, but the people who make them don't always update their builds with their patches as fast as the standard version so you're left with an older build that runs the game better.

I've definitely found in my experience that the last build of Dolphin often isn't necessarily the best for a particular game.

Also, like PFP said, if you do find a build that works well for you, it's best to just stick with it. If you keep updating something might change that messes things up for you in your particular game.

Has anyone still not received their game? Mine shipped immediately, but still no sign of it. In fact, this is the longest time it's ever taken for me to receive an imported game :(

[quote name='Cheska19']Has anyone still not received their game? Mine shipped immediately, but still no sign of it. In fact, this is the longest time it's ever taken for me to receive an imported game :([/QUOTE]
Me, but I ordered from 365games. It took Zavvi 3 weeks+ to get me Xenoblade.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Me, but I ordered from 365games. It took Zavvi 3 weeks+ to get me Xenoblade.[/QUOTE]

I really think customs is going over board with this game. Crazy thing about Zavvi is so many people report problems with them and long waits but I've always received my games in a week from them. In fact, now I wish I had gone another route with ordering the game, especially if it's going to arrive crushed.

[quote name='Cheska19']I really think customs is going over board with this game. Crazy thing about Zavvi is so many people report problems with them and long waits but I've always received my games in a week from them. In fact, now I wish I had gone another route with ordering the game, especially if it's going to arrive crushed.[/QUOTE]

Still no sign of it here either. Other items were shipped to me since this that were from Japan and Australia, both also via standard airmail, and those both arrived days ago.

I finally got my copy today. Grey trash bag with the cardboard, like everybody else. Everything was mangled---crush dent on the LE box, fold in the "sleeve", and even the artbook's cover is a little scraped up (though it's the most intact item of the bundle.) Definitely NOT happy. Did anybody order from another retailer and get the LE shipped in a box? I could always eBay this copy and order another from someone else (and keep the artbook). Not happy about the sleeve being dinged up but it's just a piece of cardvoard anyway--no big deal.

[quote name='Cheska19']I really think customs is going over board with this game. Crazy thing about Zavvi is so many people report problems with them and long waits but I've always received my games in a week from them. In fact, now I wish I had gone another route with ordering the game, especially if it's going to arrive crushed.[/QUOTE]

And that's the simple fact about international orders. You never know how long an item might take...

I ordered my Pandora's Tower CE from hmv on the 14th, it shipped on the 16th, and I have yet to receive it. My last order from HMV (Last Story CE) only took 5 days.

I ordered 2 games from Zavvi on the 22nd, they shipped on the 23rd, and I got them today. Yeah, it took 4 days for me to receive. My last order from Zavvi (can't remember what it was, it was a while back) took over a month to receive.

On average though, my orders take about

You guys scared me out of it. I cancelled my order. No point in ordering if they ship it in a bag and it's damaged. At least no point in ordering the LE.

I'll wait on NoA this time.

Btw, wanted to add that my standard edition order from 365games came in a hard cardboard slip thingie that I'm not sure what it's called (not a box, it's the type Amazon sometimes uses for books). If they used that for the CE, I'm pretty sure it's better than hmv's packaging.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Btw, wanted to add that my standard edition order from 365games came in a hard cardboard slip thingie that I'm not sure what it's called (not a box, it's the type Amazon sometimes uses for books). If they used that for the CE, I'm pretty sure it's better than hmv's packaging.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call that anywhere near good enough for the CE, either.

Received my order from hmv today and to my dismay, the box was creased and crinkled up the wazoo. I lifted the collector's box and all the contents fell through the bottom.

I am satisfied that I was able to get a hold on the artbook for the 3 games though. I'm usually stingy about condition, but all-in-all, for my first import, I feel unusually happy! I guess the box is just a box to me.

I got mine today as well.

I know that for the CE, the outer box isn't sealed but... is the game inside also supposed to be not sealed? That just seems strange since you can't distinguish a new copy from a used copy...

[quote name='HawthorneKitty']Received my order from hmv today and to my dismay, the box was creased and crinkled up the wazoo. I lifted the collector's box and all the contents fell through the bottom.

I am satisfied that I was able to get a hold on the artbook for the 3 games though. I'm usually stingy about condition, but all-in-all, for my first import, I feel unusually happy! I guess the box is just a box to me.[/QUOTE]

Mine arrive in the same condition. I guess I should be glad I got the trilogy box and artbook, though the trilogy box was creases on the spine.:whistle2:/

[quote name='Vinny']I got mine today as well.

I know that for the CE, the outer box isn't sealed but... is the game inside also supposed to be not sealed? That just seems strange since you can't distinguish a new copy from a used copy...

Mine arrive in the same condition. I guess I should be glad I got the trilogy box and artbook, though the trilogy box was creases on the spine.:whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Hmm, just looked. My inner box wasn't sealed either but I can't see how it would be used since it just came out.

Then I went and looked at my Last Story CE (also from HMV) and it was the same deal, inner game box was not sealed but again that one shipped right on release.

I mean, I know that sort of thing could potentially be a big deal stateside somewhere like Gamestop if you were trying to return something already opened but I'm not sure what HMV's policy is on returning games honestly.

I'm also not sure if they ship all their games like that even domestically or that maybe it's just something they do for international shipments in case customs needs to look at it? I'd almost wonder if customs themselves removed the plastic wrap but my bag did not appear to have been opened previously.

[quote name='Vinny']I got mine today as well.

Mine arrive in the same condition. I guess I should be glad I got the trilogy box and artbook, though the trilogy box was creases on the spine.:whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

I received mine on Monday. My CE went through customs, the box was slightly open. There was a notice on the "trash bag" stating it, with a poor attempt to reseal the bag with masking tape. When I opened the box more, I found the game not being in shrink wrap. I'm not sure if they all came like that, or because of customs. The CE box over all came in perfectly.

Sorry to hear about your trilogy box having creases on it. I really can't see how that was possible, with it being shipped flat... :(

So I decided I'm going to sell my damaged CE and reorder from somewhere else. Anybody order from someone other than HMV and get their CE intact?

I could have sworn that for TLS CE, both the outer box was sealed (with a round sticker), as was the game box itself.

My package wasn't inspected by customs or anything. It just seems strange... even if it was customs, they generally aren't that anal about stuff.

[quote name='Animekatt']
Sorry to hear about your trilogy box having creases on it. I really can't see how that was possible, with it being shipped flat... :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was flat between two pieces of cardboard... but the problem was that a corner of it slipped out from between the cardboard (as the bag was too loose) and got bent because of that.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']If your contents are intact - why don't you just buy the CE case from ebay?[/QUOTE]

Link? I don't know if I want to spend any more money on this but I might as well sleep on it.

Someone on GAF said that they ordered the LE from 365games and it came well-packaged and in perfect condition. Might be the best bet for getting an undamaged LE.

Can someone tell me the best site to just get a regular edition sent to the US??? I don't care for the collectors, just want to play the game

[quote name='clearM3']Can someone tell me the best site to just get a regular edition sent to the US??? I don't care for the collectors, just want to play the game[/QUOTE]

365games worked out for me. Good packaging.

[quote name='Zaku77']http://www.ebay.com/itm/22100690900...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1204

It's about $20, but it's basically a sure thing to get a nice one.[/QUOTE]

fuck that's pricy... I already dropped $66 on the game, not sure I care for the box that much (though that might change when I play the game.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Someone on GAF said that they ordered the LE from 365games and it came well-packaged and in perfect condition. Might be the best bet for getting an undamaged LE.[/QUOTE]

The reason these came in such shit shape was likely due to the trilogy box/artbook they included. The trilogy box was unfolded and shipped flat between two large pieces of cardboard, and then stuck in a bag along with the CE. I (along with many other CAGs) ordered TLS from them and a vast majority of us received ours in near perfect shape.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']365games worked out for me. Good packaging.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, just ordered. How long did it take you about to receive it???

[quote name='clearM3']Thanks, just ordered. How long did it take you about to receive it???[/QUOTE]

Actually took about a week and a half, but they got TLS to me in a week. It just varies. But they are definitely way quicker than Zavvi.

I bought a few from Ozgameshop. They were all shipped inside padded bag. Several of the copies had minor dents and bumps on the box, but luckily all contents were perfect. Still, would have appreciated if they used cardboard boxes. Any person with a brain would know shipping collectors editions inside padded bag is gona lead to some transit damage more or less.

Just got my Collectors edition from DVD.CO.uk and it came in a half box material that was well sealed around the CE box. The only damage was the bottom, front, left corner was dented a little bit, this is my third item shipped by them. I have had no problems with dvd.co.

bread's done
Back