Pandora's Tower HMV exclusive collector's box & collector's artwork book

scorponok

CAGiversary!
I didn't see this mentioned. Sorry if it has already been mentioned.

If you order Pandora's Tower at HMV you get an exclusive collector's box (holds Pandora's Tower, The Last Story, and Xenoblade Chronicles), and a collector's artwork book full of imagery from the 3 games. I noticed HMV added these exclusive bonus items only a few days ago. They are included with the regular and the special edition.

Regular edition http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=594914

Special edition http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=594981

[quote name='kitsunisan']Just read the hmv description, it says it includes an hmv exclusive box to hold your Japanese wii games in.[/QUOTE]

Where do you see this? All I see is the below:

Mar 2012
Pandora's Tower blends RPG elements with action-packed gameplay as you take on the role of Aeron, an Athosian soldier facing a deeply personal and emotionally charged mission. With your friend, Elena, bound to a grave fate that is causing her to mutate into a demonic abomination, you'll feel the pressure of time and the rush of accomplishment as you take up the fight to eradicate the spreading evil that has gripped her. To add to the drama of this melancholic and unconventional adventure, it is only by consuming the remains of monsters Aeron has slain that the cruel curse binding Elena can be reversed.

The world of Pandora's Tower features 13 gruelling environments to tackle, each one based within a tower structure, and each one home to grim monsters whose flesh takes on a macabre significance in the game's engrossing plotline.

Using his sword and the magical Oraclos Chain, Aeron must defeat the creatures that lurk in the tower and harvest their meat to feed to Elena. Only by eating all of the "master flesh", harvested from the largest monsters within each tower, will Elena be fully cured of the curse and free from its monstrous grip.

As you progress, the weight of Elena's predicament will spur you on, her physical appearance becoming more grotesque the longer it takes you to overcome each tower. Minutes matter as you race to bring her the remains of your foes, an onscreen indicator changing colour to warn you of how advanced the mutation is becoming in your absence. When you're with Elena, your interactions will determine the strength of your overall relationship, a bond which could vary dramatically and will result in the game coming to one of 5 alternate endings.

Did you click on the special edition?

"Order Pandora's tower now and receive a hmv exclusive Collectors Edition box to store your Wii Japanese Role Playing Games collection in. The Collectors Edition box also comes complete with a fantastic Collectors Artwork book full of amazing imagery from Pandora's Tower, Xenoblade Chronicles and Last Story. Pandora's Tower blends RPG elements with action-packed gameplay as you take on the role of Aeron, an Athosian soldier facing a deeply personal and emotionally charged mission. With your friend, Elena, bound to a grave fate that is causing her to mutate into a demonic abomination, you'll feel the pressure of time and the rush of accomplishment as you take up the fight to eradicate the spreading evil that has gripped her. To add to the drama of this melancholic and unconventional adventure, it is only by consuming the remains of monsters Aeron has slain that the cruel curse binding Elena can be reversed. The world of Pandora's Tower features 13 gruelling environments to tackle, each one based within a tower structure, and each one home to grim monsters whose flesh takes on a macabre significance in the game's engrossing plotline. Using his sword and the magical Oraclos Chain, Aeron must defeat the creatures that lurk in the tower and harvest their meat to feed to Elena. Only by eating all of the "master flesh", harvested from the largest monsters within each tower, will Elena be fully cured of the curse and free from its monstrous grip. As you progress, the weight of Elena's predicament will spur you on, her physical appearance becoming more grotesque the longer it takes you to overcome each tower. Minutes matter as you race to bring her the remains of your foes, an onscreen indicator changing colour to warn you of how advanced the mutation is becoming in your absence. When you're with Elena, your interactions will determine the strength of your overall relationship, a bond which could vary dramatically and will result in the game coming to one of 5 alternate endings."

Yeah but they removed the picture of the box from the listing where it was definitely there before. I don't know if I would trust that you are getting that box still. Maybe, but I wouldn't buy it solely for the box without some confirmation from HMV.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Did you click on the special edition?

"Order Pandora's tower now and receive a hmv exclusive Collectors Edition box to store your Wii Japanese Role Playing Games collection in. The Collectors Edition box also comes complete with a fantastic Collectors Artwork book full of amazing imagery from Pandora's Tower, Xenoblade Chronicles and Last Story. Pandora's Tower blends RPG elements with action-packed gameplay as you take on the role of Aeron, an Athosian soldier facing a deeply personal and emotionally charged mission. With your friend, Elena, bound to a grave fate that is causing her to mutate into a demonic abomination, you'll feel the pressure of time and the rush of accomplishment as you take up the fight to eradicate the spreading evil that has gripped her. To add to the drama of this melancholic and unconventional adventure, it is only by consuming the remains of monsters Aeron has slain that the cruel curse binding Elena can be reversed. The world of Pandora's Tower features 13 gruelling environments to tackle, each one based within a tower structure, and each one home to grim monsters whose flesh takes on a macabre significance in the game's engrossing plotline. Using his sword and the magical Oraclos Chain, Aeron must defeat the creatures that lurk in the tower and harvest their meat to feed to Elena. Only by eating all of the "master flesh", harvested from the largest monsters within each tower, will Elena be fully cured of the curse and free from its monstrous grip. As you progress, the weight of Elena's predicament will spur you on, her physical appearance becoming more grotesque the longer it takes you to overcome each tower. Minutes matter as you race to bring her the remains of your foes, an onscreen indicator changing colour to warn you of how advanced the mutation is becoming in your absence. When you're with Elena, your interactions will determine the strength of your overall relationship, a bond which could vary dramatically and will result in the game coming to one of 5 alternate endings."[/QUOTE]

Yeah the part I quoted is from the SE page. Are you sure you're not looking at a cached version of the page, because that's the only way I'm able to pull up the page you're looking at.

Box & artbook were listed there earlier today but are not there now.
BTW, my billing issue was resolved & the order shipped yesterday.

Wondering why both the CE box & game dont come sealed though!

I saw the product pages working earlier this morning also. What likely happened was that orders were cancelled and/or pre-order credit card charges were declined (either for insufficient funds or due to fraud alerts) and that the remaining copies which had otherwise been spoken for went back up for offer. Those have probably just sold out & HMV pulled the product listing again.

[quote name='Animekatt']Here's an unboxing video with the collector's box included.

[youtube]mwIQktb3FRg[/youtube][/QUOTE]

fuck, I so want that...

And of course, it was back up today and I missed. Again.

[quote name='Zaku77']Mine already shipped from them yesterday. Did you pay via card or paypal?[/QUOTE]

Credit card, they charged it when I preordered it last week, so it's already paid for. It's ridiculous.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Credit card, they charged it when I preordered it last week, so it's already paid for. It's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

yeah I used paypal. that's probably why it shipped faster? must be harder for overseas companies to get approval from Canadian/USA Visa. Dunno. Sorry to hear this man, I'm sure you'll get it soon though.

I also used paypal, and always do when it's possible. It's safer, there's no international fees, and it seems things ship faster =P

[quote name='Zaku77']I also used paypal, and always do when it's possible. It's safer, there's no international fees, and it seems things ship faster =P[/QUOTE]

How did you use paypal on HMV? I thought they did not accept paypal or did you use another site?

So this scored 7.0 on IGN on Friday. Guessing it'll be a 65 or lower on Metacritic/Gamerankings once release is wider. No where near the caliber of Last Story/Xenoblade as expected.

Just watched the unboxing video, I want this pretty badly. I'm just debating to wait or not to see if it comes stateside. I bought Xenosaga from the UK, amazing game, but sold it when the US version was announced.

[quote name='Zaku77']I also used paypal, and always do when it's possible. It's safer, there's no international fees, and it seems things ship faster =P[/QUOTE]

That may be the case, but PayPal's conversion estimates typically end up in you paying more.

[quote name='scorponok']The game has been removed from HMV's site again.[/QUOTE]

I e-mailed them about whether we would get the exclusives yesterday.

Today someone from HMV responded that the game is actually off the website again, but to keep an eye out as the game with the exclusive may come back again. Dunno if that's a hint or simply ignorance.

[quote name='jedimario']How did you use paypal on HMV? I thought they did not accept paypal or did you use another site?[/QUOTE]

I ordered from 365games =P

[quote name='jling84']I e-mailed them about whether we would get the exclusives yesterday.

Today someone from HMV responded that the game is actually off the website again, but to keep an eye out as the game with the exclusive may come back again. Dunno if that's a hint or simply ignorance.[/QUOTE]

I'm ok with being ignorant and hoping this comes back in stock. But I know my luck sucks that, because I missed it twice, if it does come back then I'll probably miss it again.

Just want to update that my 365games order shipped this morning (UK morning) along with a friendly email reply from a rep about my order. Hopefully it comes by the end of this week, though I think the best I can hope for is early next week.

I just received my order from hmv, and it came in great condition. However, I never got the exclusive case to house the games, though I did get the artbook. I'm a little disappointed, but at least the game came in good condition.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']I just received my order from hmv, and it came in great condition. However, I never got the exclusive case to house the games, though I did get the artbook. I'm a little disappointed, but at least the game came in good condition.[/QUOTE]

I just got mine yesterday. I did get the case but I very nearly missed it. It was folded up flat and underneath the piece of cardboard in the bag while everything else was above it.

If you still have the packaging check through it really carefully and look for a flat black piece of paper. That is what folds up into the box.

Oh and the Xenoblade section of the bonus artbook is pretty much the same artwork as the Gamestop US bonus artbook for Xenoblade but it's nice to have it in hardback.

[quote name='Kaiser499']So it's a crappy piece of paper?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, yes. Not too much to write home about in terms of a case. The bonus artbook from all 3 games though is hardback and rather nice.

[quote name='Motoki']I just got mine yesterday. I did get the case but I very nearly missed it. It was folded up flat and underneath the piece of cardboard in the bag while everything else was above it.

If you still have the packaging check through it really carefully and look for a flat black piece of paper. That is what folds up into the box.

Oh and the Xenoblade section of the bonus artbook is pretty much the same artwork as the Gamestop US bonus artbook for Xenoblade but it's nice to have it in hardback.[/QUOTE]

You know what, you're right. It was in-between the two pieces of cardboard. I didn't realize the quality of the case, so I just assumed I didn't get it. Thank you for pointing that out, Motoki! I appreciate it!

Speaking of thin pieces of paper...

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Something new Operation Rainfall is trying out.

They're making press kits of Pandora's tower for publishers in the states to try to incise them. Don't really know if that would help, given I'm sure they all know what it is at this point, but they're offering part of the press kit to donators right now.

$10 donation would get you a trilogy slipcover case, much like the one HMV handed out recently.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']I just got mine yesterday. I did get the case but I very nearly missed it. It was folded up flat and underneath the piece of cardboard in the bag while everything else was above it.

Oh and the Xenoblade section of the bonus artbook is pretty much the same artwork as the Gamestop US bonus artbook for Xenoblade but it's nice to have it in hardback.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I would have completely missed this had it not been for your post. I actually had to take the cardboard backing out of the plastic in order to find the flattened box.

[quote name='Motoki']Pretty much, yes. Not too much to write home about in terms of a case. The bonus artbook from all 3 games though is hardback and rather nice.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, seriously? I feel sorry for the dumb ass who paid 90 pounds on eBay for just the box and artbook.

Thanks for posting, I feel kinda better that I missed out on it.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Speaking of thin pieces of paper...[/QUOTE]

That would actually be cool if the Operation Rainfall logo wasn't on it.
(I still wouldn't drop $10 on it, though)

[quote name='keine']That would actually be cool if the Operation Rainfall logo wasn't on it.
(I still wouldn't drop $10 on it, though)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, although that mock-up isn't the "final" version, I'd imagine that logo will still be fairly large on the final design.

I still pitched in 10USD though. Not that I think they'll need it, since their goal was just 600USD to be raised. Swag, bro.

On that note, anybody know how to have one of these things possibly made? Like Kinkos or something?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Just want to update that my 365games order shipped this morning (UK morning) along with a friendly email reply from a rep about my order. Hopefully it comes by the end of this week, though I think the best I can hope for is early next week.[/QUOTE]

Just got my Limited Edition from 365. Fast enough shipping. It came in a single padded envelope.

The top flap is half-bent. Two of the bottom corners are crumbled enough to bother me (shows the white cardboard under the nice shiny black exterior), but not enough to file a return. About 6.5/10 in terms of satisfaction. Time to play!!!

mine arrived today from HMV, it was shipped in the standard grey "trash bag" the artbook has gouges on the cover, the slip cover has folds and creases in about 4 places, the game box was opened and looks like someone stepped on it. luckily the steelbook and game where mint...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kurtori']Anyone else in SoCal still waiting for the HMV per-order bundle?[/QUOTE]

NorCal for me, and still no delivery :(

[quote name='havuk']mine arrived today from HMV, it was shipped in the standard grey "trash bag" thr artbook has gouges on the cover, the slip cover has folds and creases in about 4 places, the game box was opened and looks like someone stepped on it. luckily the steelbook and game where mint...[/QUOTE]

That's sad to hear... my Last Story LE set came from HMV boxed and in great condition. Sounds like others have been receiving the Pandora SE in shipping boxes too. Really hoping mine doesn't suffer the same trash bag fate... :headache:

[quote name='kurtori']That's sad to hear... my Last Story LE set came from HMV boxed and in great condition. Sounds like others have been receiving the Pandora SE in shipping boxes too. Really hoping mine doesn't suffer the same trash bag fate... :headache:[/QUOTE]

my last story was also shipped in a box and came in perfect condition. i may return this.

[quote name='havuk']mine arrived today from HMV, it was shipped in the standard grey "trash bag" the artbook has gouges on the cover, the slip cover has folds and creases in about 4 places, the game box was opened and looks like someone stepped on it. luckily the steelbook and game where mint...[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I didn't buy this from HMV.....

I got mine Wednesday from HMV with the LE and I'm in Seattle so not sure why CA people aren't getting it yet. Just randomness of the postal service I guess.

Mine was in the 'grey trash bag' but everything was in pretty good condition thankfully. No complaints here. It definitely could have been packaged better and I do feel like Last Story was packaged better by HMV but not everyone is getting these Pandora's Towers from HMV all trashed. Luck of the draw I guess?

[quote name='Motoki']I got mine Wednesday from HMV with the LE and I'm in Seattle so not sure why CA people aren't getting it yet. Just randomness of the postal service I guess.

Mine was in the 'grey trash bag' but everything was in pretty good condition thankfully. No complaints here. It definitely could have been packaged better and I do feel like Last Story was packaged better by HMV but not everyone is getting these Pandora's Towers from HMV all trashed. Luck of the draw I guess?[/QUOTE]

I guess... I've ordered several steelbooks from HMV and only one had an issue..

I just got mine today and it was in the grey packaging with the big cardboard holder as well. Everything came Mint except that the Pandoras Tower box was open, not sealed like the Last Story was with the stickers but there's no damage to it so I just closed it back up.

I'm very happy again with my purchase from HMV.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Everything came Mint except that the Pandoras Tower box was open, not sealed[/QUOTE]

Seems like Customs got to it.

If you see unboxing videos, the box & the game inside are supposed to come open with no seal.
Mine came with one corner of outer box crushed & slight wear on back but I am happy.
Content inside is mint & my Amazon CEs have come in far worse conditions

The artbook & the box are a great bonus. The box is just as I thought it would be. Not sure what others were expecting.
Artbook has some beautiful art inside & the fact that it covers all the 3 games makes it a true collectible. Being a harcover is a big bonus too!!
Quite happy with this purchase :)

Customs got to my stuff, too. The box was nearly flattened with one side bent at a 90 degree angle, same thing for the top flap. At least I got the artbook and the folded OpRain box.

I swear, those fuckers need to cut the shit. There's nothing hazardous in a fucking game. It's funny how my The Last Story CE came here unscathed and untouched by Customs, but they had to fuck around with this because it looked "evil".

I still haven't received my HMV order. :cry: Zavvi shipped me a game on the same day my HMV order shipped and I received the Zavvi order 4 days ago.

My HMV order arrived today. I am not happy. It was shipped in a bag. Why would they ship a limited edition to another country in a bag? When I saw the bag I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. The box is crushed on the right side and has some nice dents on 2 of the corners. The contents of the box look perfect and so are the 2 bonus items. I am not sure if I should go through all the trouble of returning it or not. They will probably send the replacement in a bag. :cry:

pt.jpg

pt2.jpg

[quote name='scorponok']When I saw the bag I knew it wasn't going to be pretty.[/QUOTE]

Mine was pretty much okay thankfully and I think a couple of other people said the same so it's possible it could ship internationally in that bag with little or no damage.

That being said, I wasn't exactly thrilled when I saw that flimsy plastic garbage bag like packaging either.

bread's done
Back