Paper Mario Sticker Star, Prof. Layton Miracle Mask $10 @ Gamestop

The closest Layton to me is 28 miles away and since my Gamestop is in a beach town they won't get a restock. Even if it IS the tourist season. 

Sticker Star is such an underrated gem.

It's criminally bashed because it diverts from the typical Mario rpg formula, but it is a fantastic puzzle/rpg game in its own right.

Just so people know sticker star uses a system where you're punished for fighting anyone but bosses. All attacks are consumable and there is no level progression. So the best strategy is actually running from every fight but the bosses.
I think this more or less sums it up. I enjoy collecting the stickers and the environments, but find myself avoiding all the enemies. In fact, that's half the challenge.

Sticker Star is such an underrated gem.

It's criminally bashed because it diverts from the typical Mario rpg formula, but it is a fantastic puzzle/rpg game in its own right.
It deserve every bit of hate it receives and then some. Pretending like it isn't a Paper Mario game isn't exactly a solution =/.

Thank you TC. Got paper mario ss and professor layton miracle mask for $10 each brand new sealed. SS was easy to find sealed, not so much for miracle mask.

Found Miracle Mask at a mall Gamestop. The first copy they tried to give me did not have the Club Nintendo code, so I went back and asked for it. They found another copy and gave me the Club Nintendo code no problem.

It deserve every bit of hate it receives and then some. Pretending like it isn't a Paper Mario game isn't exactly a solution =/.
This is the problem with game development today. People complain that every sequel is a rehash. Then when they change it up, they complain about the changes and how it's not a true ______ game.

This is the problem with game development today. People complain that every sequel is a rehash. Then when they change it up, they complain about the changes and how it's not a true ______ game.
The biggest problem with the game isn't that it's "not a true Paper Mario game." It's that it calls itself a RPG but took out one of the biggest staples of RPGs (level progression) and makes it so that getting into normal battles (another staple) is nothing more than a resource drain. Even if it wasn't labeled as a Paper Mario game, those problems would still exist, and people would still hate on it.

The biggest problem with the game isn't that it's "not a true Paper Mario game." It's that it calls itself a RPG but took out one of the biggest staples of RPGs (level progression) and makes it so that getting into normal battles (another staple) is nothing more than a resource drain. Even if it wasn't labeled as a Paper Mario game, those problems would still exist, and people would still hate on it.
This, I was like, "What? No leveling up?" This is also why I haven't touched the game since I bought it...waiting for the value to go up just because it's a Mario game...you know how that goes.

Yeah I labored through Paper Mario and got rid of it the second I was done. My bookshelf was overfilled by 1 game so now it's back to perfect harmony.

I went and bought one that was labeled as "New" but was covered in some sticky residue (it was not white), missing the seal and there were no guides to be found when I opened it. I probably shouldn't be complaining considering I bought it for $5 with the Kongregate coupon but still.. come on.

I went and bought one that was labeled as "New" but was covered in some sticky residue (it was not white), missing the seal and there were no guides to be found when I opened it. I probably shouldn't be complaining considering I bought it for $5 with the Kongregate coupon but still.. come on.
What are you complaining about? "Gamestop New" means you're lucky there isn't some bodily fluid on it.... oh wait, maybe there was.

Hopefully it wasn't pus from a Gamestop employee's STD flare up

bread's done
Back