Paper Mario Sticker Star, Prof. Layton Miracle Mask $10 @ Gamestop

Give it some time, you'll end up hating it.
It's taken me about 45 minutes of gameplay. Mario and Luigi Dream Team is way better. Plus the music in PM:SS is meh over M&L:DT which had some memorable pieces.

Funny thing is it almost seems like the same engine that runs both? I mean a lot of the mechanics feel the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
the sad part is that sticker star AND mario and luigi dream team are both the worst in the series. if you want to enjoy those games you need to play ttyd on gamecube and bowsers inside story for ds

the sad part is that sticker star AND mario and luigi dream team are both the worst in the series. if you want to enjoy those games you need to play ttyd on gamecube and bowsers inside story for ds
That's funny, I overall enjoy M&L:DT and missed out on the other two DS games.

Still stuck on the third Mega-Luigi boss though; can never seem to time those hammer counters right.

That's funny, I overall enjoy M&L:DT and missed out on the other two DS games.

Still stuck on the third Mega-Luigi boss though; can never seem to time those hammer counters right.
partners in time is not worth playing. the gba and inside story are far superior to dream team and partners in time though

In one of the stores I visited, I brought the display cases to the worker and asked her if they had sealed copies of these. She paused and looked at me for a second and with a bit of an attitude, she said they only sell sealed copies of new games. When I told her I wanted to buy them, she went digging in the drawers for them and then turned around and said, "Well, these are old so we don't have them sealed." She probably gets that question a lot but she should probably check first before copping an attitude and answering.
Most of the people who work at Gamestop seem to hate life, so I wouldn't sweat it.

Since we talking about mario games, what game is as close as SNES Mario RPG in gameboy,ds, and 3ds?
Nothing. That game was a once in a lifetime experience.

And I swear, someone will mention some Paper Mario game but those games don't come close to SMRPG.

I just finished Paper Mario and that game was really good.I don't see why it gets shit on by every single person.Sure it's not Paper Mario on the N64 but it is still a really good game.

partners in time is not worth playing. the gba and inside story are far superior to dream team and partners in time though

Since we talking about mario games, what game is as close as SNES Mario RPG in gameboy,ds, and 3ds?

Nothing. That game was a once in a lifetime experience.

And I swear, someone will mention some Paper Mario game but those games don't come close to SMRPG.

There isn't one. Smrpg played like an old FF game with lots of charm. Paper mario is the closest but even then it's action RPG of sorts and it has its own style.
So this Super Mario RPG that I didn't even know that existed is something that I must play? Hmm...

So this Super Mario RPG that I didn't even know that existed is something that I must play? Hmm...
Absolutely. Still one of my favorite games and has SOOOOO many secrets in it too! Its a real joy to play - plus you get to play as Bowser, I mean c'mon, who wouldn't want that?

Just spent the last few hours trying to find a copy of Professor Layton & The Miracle Mask in nearby stores. I found one at target and they refused to price match it. Anyone pick up a spare copy I can buy off them?

Edit: Scratch that. Finally found one.

Just got both games today. The employee that rang me up told me that these prices are actually new, permanent price drops. Kind of hard to believe, but there you go.

It was one of the last games I played on the snes. U can emulate it on the psp. It's a must play
Going to have to get some eShop credit later. Good thing my b-day isn't too far.

Oh, and it looks like the "sale" is still on. Checked the website, but I do notice that people are buying these things up especially in Arizona. All of the northeast Phoenix stores are sold out of both games.

Fable The Journey is also on sale (might be permanent price drop), lol totally different but not sure if anyone mentioned it. 

gamestop mentioned they were gonna stop printing layton.....bs? I'm guessing he was talking about the miracle mask

Lol this is funny, Somehow there are MORE Paper Mario copies than ever. Yesterday GS showed that it had like 24 stores in AZ with it...now they are 38!  You can even order it online for $9.99.

Can't say the same for Layton though. Went down from 22 stores to 16. Any of you CAGs in AZ better get your hats into the store before they're gone. 

My hold request for layton was cancelled. my store still shows stock but it would let me reserve a copy. Oh well. I got it earlier in the promo just wanted a cheap birthday gift

My hold request for layton was cancelled. my store still shows stock but it would let me reserve a copy. Oh well. I got it earlier in the promo just wanted a cheap birthday gift
I had that sort of happen to me. I was at a Gamestop that had two on hold. The site still showed that the store had them in stock but wouldn't allow you to put any hold requests in.

Picked up Layton today, when checking out they also handed me a coupon for %50 more trade in credit during the summer sale promotion, don't know if it stacks with other offers but hey, something to look out for I guess. 

Looks like I'm going to need some eShop credit. If only I got it when I had those Gamestop coupons. Eh, it's only $8.
You mean a Wii Points card. Unless it slipped by me at some point (which would have been difficult because I have been watching like a hawk for it), Super Mario RPG isn't on the WiiU eShop yet.

So, I ordered these on July 30th, the day it was first posted. I didn't want to go from store to store looking for sealed copies, so I ordered online with value shipping. They sent it on the 31st using UPS Mail Innovations. The package arrived today, August 8th. The warehouse it came from is 4 miles from my house.

You mean a Wii Points card. Unless it slipped by me at some point (which would have been difficult because I have been watching like a hawk for it), Super Mario RPG isn't on the WiiU eShop yet.
Yeah just realized that. Do they even sell those points cards anymore? I'm not sure if I just want to hand over my CC number to Nintendo right now.

Just so people know sticker star uses a system where you're punished for fighting anyone but bosses. All attacks are consumable and there is no level progression. So the best strategy is actually running from every fight but the bosses.

Going to have to get some eShop credit later. Good thing my b-day isn't too far.

Oh, and it looks like the "sale" is still on. Checked the website, but I do notice that people are buying these things up especially in Arizona. All of the northeast Phoenix stores are sold out of both games.
Bought one from Tatum and Shea last week myself.

agreed. Still, these are great entries and deserve to be played. It just speaks on behalf of both amazing series in general; a great game can still be seen as the worst game in the series. A pretty good problem to have. But to repeat, Browsers inside story and TTYD are still the best entries in their respective series.

Just so people know sticker star uses a system where you're punished for fighting anyone but bosses. All attacks are consumable and there is no level progression. So the best strategy is actually running from every fight but the bosses.
I noticed that. So no Bravely Default style grinding (which isn't so bad; you just need to play another game or watch a movie while at it if you set up the auto battle properly).

Bought one from Tatum and Shea last week myself.
Nice. BTW, very few left in Phoenix!

I decided with this deal I would play the laytons in order but after seeing the price on last specter I might just have to skip that one
The lowest price of Layton 4 is about $32 with Amazon Prime. Ouch. Funny thing is it's the most expensive and my least favorite (still great though).

Got my gutted/gamestop new/probably last copy in the store today of Professor Layton.  Also, I saw tons of display copies of Paper Sticker Mario. 

Stay classy gamestop.  Keep offering me good buys and I'll keep settling for less than the best.

Not enough immature violence and prepubescent voices squeaking out profanities in online multiplayer for you?
Right, because everyone that doesn't like what you do must like that type of game and that alone, and because you don't like that type of game it's therefore not good. Did you come up with that one all on your own? :shame: Logic fail.

My sticker star from gamestop.com was sealed and the layton I bought was also sealed. Gamestop actually did something right. also the game stop i usually go to has a shelf with ds games in cases but another gamestop I called told me "no gamestop store carries ds games with cases" 2 stores told me this. I laughed on the phone

My sticker star from gamestop.com was sealed and the layton I bought was also sealed. Gamestop actually did something right. also the game stop i usually go to has a shelf with ds games in cases but another gamestop I called told me "no gamestop store carries ds games with cases" 2 stores told me this. I laughed on the phone
Come to think of it, I've only seen a few DS games with cases. Most are in little plastic blisters. Yuck. No wonder the DS cases are worth a bit these days. Thanks a lot Gamestop, you trashed perfectly good plastic to protect my precious games!

BTW, Layton copies are drying up...come on CAGs and "pick up the pace"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I4JOJWL-X4&index=8&list=PLYuRxcVdOnqumgA8kuOTyRReG5pRkRbqm

Note: US has this track from Layton 6 titled "Picking Up the Pace" while the UK version has it as "Move." Your choice which title's better.

bread's done
Back