Paper Mario Sticker Star, Prof. Layton Miracle Mask $10 @ Gamestop

Did store pickup for each and got there and they were open displays.  They really change the stock on those.  They act like it's no big deal you are getting an open game.

Thanks got the last pro copy at my nearest gaymstop.  It had no shrinkwrap and  a dumb sticker on it.  She warned me before I made the drive though and somebody apparently called a few minutes after I did so thanks OP.  Lucky I looked on here at 10 am

I got to my Gamestops and barely managed to pull the last display copies from them. Hey, at least I got MM for $5 and thanks to Bing Rewards...Paper Mario was completely free...NOW it's totally worth playing. I hope. I also took a Steel Diver fully wrapped...I actually got one cheaper yesterday when it was $5.99 lol. Many thanks to the OP!

R4L - I'm not sure if they will. I think it may depend on your store's manager.

Side note: I wonder if Starfox 64 3DS will be next to get slashed in price...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. Just got back and got both titles sealed. Very happy with this purchase. Now I have some 3ds games to hold me off till Smash and Pokémon.

I got to my Gamestops and barely managed to pull the last display copies from them. Hey, at least I got MM for $5 and thanks to Bing Rewards...Paper Mario was completely free...NOW it's totally worth playing. I hope. I also took a Steel Diver fully wrapped...I actually got one cheaper yesterday when it was $5.99 lol. Many thanks to the OP!

R4L - I'm not sure if they will. I think it may depend on your store's manager.

Side note: I wonder if Starfox 64 3DS will be next to get slashed in price...
How does the GS $5 coupon from Bing rewards work? Is it like getting one from redeeming a $5 coupon from Power Up Rewards?

Thanks OP. Just got back and got both titles sealed. Very happy with this purchase. Now I have some 3ds games to hold me off till Smash and Pokémon.

How does the GS $5 coupon from Bing rewards work? Is it like getting one from redeeming a $5 coupon from Power Up Rewards?
Bing (and Swagbucks) give you an actual digital gift card, so that means as long as you aren't banned from the store, you should be able to combine it with anything.

Sticker Star at my gamestop was "gamestop new", which really aggravate me! imma argue or something, think they will give me a new copy??

Sticker Star at my gamestop was "gamestop new", which really aggravate me! imma argue or something, think they will give me a new copy??
you probably got the last copy, if you got an opened "new" copy, the display one that is.

At least some of the gamestops I've seen around here for bigger titles have starting using special display boxes that are not gutted games.

you probably got the last copy, if you got an opened "new" copy, the display one that is.

At least some of the gamestops I've seen around here for bigger titles have starting using special display boxes that are not gutted games.
Huh,didnt know that... think if i go to a different gamestop they'll give me a sealed copy?

Huh,didnt know that... think if i go to a different gamestop they'll give me a sealed copy?
You can return it, will they exchange it for a sealed one? Not sure on the policies regarding that, doesn't sound against anything, might be up to the rep you're dealing with though.

it really just depends i stopped by 4 gamestops on the way home yesterday and all 4 had sealed copies of layton, only one had a sealed copy of paper mario.  so i guess it just depends on whether the gamestop employees want to play the game or not

for those who don't know, gamestop allows its employees to open up new games, take them home, play them, and then they sell the games as new.  so yeah, you shouldn't really ever feel bad about whatever you do to gamestop

it really just depends i stopped by 4 gamestops on the way home yesterday and all 4 had sealed copies of layton, only one had a sealed copy of paper mario. so i guess it just depends on whether the gamestop employees want to play the game or not

for those who don't know, gamestop allows its employees to open up new games, take them home, play them, and then they sell the games as new. so yeah, you shouldn't really ever feel bad about whatever you do to gamestop
That's evil!

For $10, I think I'll be fine with a gutted copy of Professor Layton: Miracle Mask!  Might be a deal killer for me if there is a Club Nintendo code that's already been redeemed when I get home.

Already have Spirit Camera from Amazon and Paper Mario from Walmart's Black Friday sale.

Last time this happened to me I left a comment on their facebook and sent an email to them complaining about it. I found a saved game on the game I bought as well. They gave me a $10 giftcard and the option to pick up a sealed copy.

I went to the closest store today and they accidentally label Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (3rd and last of the pre-trilogy) for $9.99 when the label itself says Miracle Mask. lol

Anyway, asked for Miracle Mask, they gave me a sealed copy and use the $5 coupon. Total was $5.34 including RI tax. Didn't want to touch PM:SS with a 10 foot pole. :p

I went to the closet store today and they accidentally label Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (3rd and last of the pre-trilogy) for $9.99 when the label itself says Miracle Mask. lol

Anyway, asked for Miracle Mask, they gave me a sealed copy and use the $5 coupon. Total was $5.34 including RI tax. Didn't want to touch PM:SS with a 10 foot pole. :p
Unless that 10 ft. pole was pointy at one end right?

From my experience at GS, the employees have always been nice about checking to see if they have sealed copies if I ask them.  There's been a few times they didn't and I had to settle for a gutted one, but never a time when they refused to check or didn't give me a sealed copy if they found one in the drawers behind the counter.  

Man, Layton dropped like a brick in price. The game was OK. I'm going to cancel my preorder of the Layton X Ace Attorney game since there now doesn't seem to be any reason it wouldn't also get much cheaper later.

I went in to my local store today to get PM:SS and Miracle Mask but apparently my order was placed too late and they ran out of Miracle Mask. But the guy working there was nice enough to call in a copy from another store and I'm going in Monday to pick it up. Didn't get bugged about a member's card or pre orders either.

and I've had them match the website no problem, so YMMV I'd say
Yeah, I just checked their official policy. It doesn't name GameStop directly, like it does with other retailers, but mentions any local printed ads. I'm guessing they intentionally leave it open-ended like that. So, definitely YMMV.

I always feel obligated to hop in and remind people that Paper Mario: Sticker Star is not even worth the price of free. Disgrace to the franchise and the only game I ever traded before beating. And I don't even trade many games to begin with.

Got the last (gutted) copy of Paper Mario at one store, thrilled to find that the Club Nintendo insert isn't even in the case.  Also grabbed a new (gutted) copy of Samurai Warriors 3 at another store which was not in the best of shape but at least they had left the Club Nintendo code (and it was unused)!  Contacted GameStop just to see if I can exchange PM at another store.  I don't really get bothered by the display copy nonsense, but in the past they have at least come with everything they're supposed to.

Spirit Camera was my 3rd and final $5 game, sealed.  Good deal all around.

Man, Layton dropped like a brick in price. The game was OK. I'm going to cancel my preorder of the Layton X Ace Attorney game since there now doesn't seem to be any reason it wouldn't also get much cheaper later.
It took two years to drop in price. I'm not getting what you mean.

Sorry if this has already been answered but are these game's cheaper used? I only ask because I want to get them both and I have a buy 2 get 1 free coupon that only works on used games.

It took two years to drop in price. I'm not getting what you mean.
I forgot that there have been two 3DS Laytons out. Probably because the gameplay of both are forgettable. But let me make this easy for you to understand:

1. Unlike other Nintendo-published games, prices on Layton do in fact drop (as proven by this thread)
  2. Two years and still readily available? No need to buy a Layton game right away, then
  3. Layton was interesting when it first came out but is now nowhere close to a day-one purchase

Sorry if this has already been answered but are these game's cheaper used? I only ask because I want to get them both and I have a buy 2 get 1 free coupon that only works on used games.
it already been checked and if you want used well miracle mask was quoted as $20 used yesterday so you way cheaper just buying new

welp guess I'm going to have to find something else to use my code on. I got $17 store credit and a $5 off coupon so can't really complain too much.

bread's done
Back