Paper Mario Sticker Star, Prof. Layton Miracle Mask $10 @ Gamestop

Got Layton sealed yesterday. The sales guy asked me if I knew that it was $10 before I brought it up to the counter. I said I did. He looked shocked, but I never mention where I find my deals.

I screwed up so bad on this deal. I used the $5 Kongregate coupon to buy Professor Layton only to realize later I already owned it. Don't even remember when I got it the first time. I returned the game but wasted my coupon. A shame. 

Picked up my "Gamestop new" copy today. Can't really complain at that price. Thanks OP! 

Now if only Last Specter would go cheap at some point...

Well...OK yeah it does, but maybe we'd get 60FPS...I dunno. NVIDIA physics? Eyefinity? The soundtrack in 192khz? OH, the dreaming is killing me!
cX9yP5x.jpg

They told me they only match the paper ads for GameStop.
I wonder if they would match the Gamestop online ad for Paper Mario...

I went to the closet store today and they accidentally label Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (3rd and last of the pre-trilogy) for $9.99 when the label itself says Miracle Mask. lol
Did you go to "Closets, Closets, Closets, Closets", or the other place?

Thank you, good night.

Picked up both yesterday along with Steel Diver. Got in my car and found this as my "new" copy of Prof. Layton. "Oh heck no" was the only thing I could say since my kids were in the back seat. Needless to say, I went back inside to switch it out. What did I hear? "Oh, that is a new copy." I laughed, and asked politely if I could have a shrink wrapped version. Took her 15 mins to find it since the only 2 were already set aside for other people (like mine was), so she just switched them and made it someone elses problem.

I have no idea how they could sleep at night selling these as new. 

R7JgZIL.jpg

Buying at Gamestop, you have to expect that. Until you get something like this, your complaint is invalid ;) :

1d8f3e03.jpg
I almost got a copy like that. Sometime people will steal the display cases thinking there is a game in there. Of course this wouldn't be a problem if gamestop didn't open the games in the first place.

I almost got a copy like that. Sometime people will steal the display cases thinking there is a game in there. Of course this wouldn't be a problem if gamestop didn't open the games in the first place.
wouldn't be a problem either if They used generic cases on the shelf and just a printout copy of the coverart on the front of the Generic cases and keep new actual copies in the back. That way you go in and pull the generic case off hand it to them and then a new sealed copies is retrieved back from the back or where ever they kept.

wouldn't be a problem either if They used generic cases on the shelf and just a printout copy of the coverart on the front of the Generic cases and keep new actual copies in the back. That way you go in and pull the generic case off hand it to them and then a new sealed copies is retrieved back from the back or where ever they kept.
They actually do that...for only some of them. It's rather annoying but I suppose I can understand they don't want extra waste from cases like that...but they could always reuse them...hey, I'm not one of their supply chain managers so what do I know?

Reserved Miracle Mask at a Gamestop nearby, yesterday.  PIcked it up today using my PUR points to get a $5 coupon.  Got it for $5.40.  Now I just need the other 2 3DS Laytons, already have the DS ones.

Oh and it was a sealed copy, which suprised me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reserved Miracle Mask at a Gamestop nearby, yesterday. PIcked it up today using my PUR points to get a $5 coupon. Got it for $5.40. Now I just need the other 2 3DS Laytons, already have the DS ones.

other 2? There only two different 3ds games of Layton

I'm guessing in Gamestop's eyes the labor to produce gutted games for display is cheaper, than spent on printing covers for generic display cases.

They actually do that...for only some of them. It's rather annoying but I suppose I can understand they don't want extra waste from cases like that...but they could always reuse them...hey, I'm not one of their supply chain managers so what do I know?
I always figured gutting one game was enough for a display/rental/sell as brand new. The need to gut all of them does annoy me.

Anyway, I hope this sale lasts into next week when I get paid. I'll be fine with a gutted last copy.

Got the last copy of Paper Mario from my local GameStop. Surprisingly it was a sealed copy. Usually their last copies of games are gutted.

Reserved Miracle Mask at a Gamestop nearby, yesterday. PIcked it up today using my PUR points to get a $5 coupon. Got it for $5.40. Now I just need the other 2 3DS Laytons, already have the DS ones.

whoa....you got me. I thought I missed a Layton 3ds title. I was excited and then disappointed.....there are only 2 3ds Layton games:)

I'm guessing in Gamestop's eyes the labor to produce gutted games for display is cheaper, than spent on printing covers for generic display cases.

I always figured gutting one game was enough for a display/rental/sell as brand new. The need to gut all of them does annoy me.

Anyway, I hope this sale lasts into next week when I get paid. I'll be fine with a gutted last copy.
They really try to move their used inventory considering they like to favor giving you more points and even coupons on used stuff. That's why that Lionheart coupon was such an anomaly...it was like a $5 gift card on anything $5 and up.

whoa....you got me. I thought I missed a Layton 3ds title. I was excited and then disappointed.....there are only 2 3ds Layton games:)
Don't forget Layton vs. Wright coming out in a few weeks to the US...so pumped!

Picked up Layton while on vacation in San Diego but never got the coupon so I'll take the L. Sealed too :D

Paper Mario was sold out, hopefully people give it a chance, it can be tedious with getting the right stickers to advance/use for boss fights

I have seen a ton of sealed pepper Mario's sealed by me. Just bought one sealed. I'm glad that the stores I visit do not try to sell the opened ones first.

In one of the stores I visited, I brought the display cases to the worker and asked her if they had sealed copies of these.  She paused and looked at me for a second and with a bit of an attitude, she said they only sell sealed copies of new games.  When I told her I wanted to buy them, she went digging in the drawers for them and then turned around and said, "Well, these are old so we don't have them sealed."  She probably gets that question a lot but she should probably check first before copping an attitude and answering.

gamestop is so moronic, it is so easy to turn that negative into a positive

just offer 10% off for the last unsealed copy, hell even 5% off, it would avoid so much trouble and bad press #RespectYourCustomers

I was able to get a full refund on Dragon's Crown vita and exchanged it for a new copy of Professor Layton. My buddy wants Paper Mario so I'll go back and get that one. 

Just picked Layton up earlier. I think the dude was pissed lol, I had placed a pickup and couldnt get it in time, then replaced the pickup at the same store.

Last copy they had and it was sealed

Gotta thank Keyblader1985 and this awesome community of CAGs, i wouldn't have noticed this deal at all if this hadn't been posted here, I never check gamestop website for deals.

That being said, I had one of the best gamestop experiences with this. As soon as i found about this deal,  i made a hold request for Professor Layton, then i got there this friday and asked for my copy on hold and got it for a total of $10.81 (with tax). Then i went to check the wii games section because i never got a wii but now that i have a wii u i want to play all those great wii titles that i missed. I was looking for a new copy of mario galaxy but didn't find it but i found a new copy of rhythm heaven fever for only 10 dollars! I went to the counter and asked for a sealed copy of it and i got it without a problem for another $10.81. And this was in the gamestop of Weslaco, Texas :D/ 

Mask is   mark down to  3.99  at kmarts so check there as well.   grabbed the last one     also got  ICO and some other  ps3 game for 3.99  (double pack)

The prices haven't gone back up yet, so I'm guessing the sale's still on...Maybe I'll finally grab a fully sealed Paper Mario. Screw the whole Gamestop "new" thing; WE GAMERS LOVE OUR SHRINK WRAP! [Caps lock off]

Got a sealed paper mario yesterday, the clerk didn't even know the deal was going on and was surprised when I told her it was supposed to be $10 and it rang up at that.  Since I was cancelling a pre-order from them too it was just another $5 + tax.  Not a bad deal at all I'd say.

Deal is still live. I got a "NEW" copy that wasn't sealed but I had a $5 coupon so I was getting it for $5 anyways, not too bothered by it but then when I got home the Club Nintendo code had already been used -_- Called Nintendo first, they said they'd get back to me in 24 hours. Then I called the Gamestop, manager said there was nothing he could do about it other than trying to find another local store to exchange it. Called another Gamestop that had it in stock, manager there was more helpful, said no problem in fact I have a sealed copy in stock. Went and exchanged it no problem with the new Gamestop.

I got a sealed Layton but a newsed Paper Mario. For $10 each, can't complain. 

I think I purchased like 10 3DS games in the last 2-3 weeks. 

Beat the first world in Paper Mario yesterday and it wasn't bad. Granted I've never truly played the console versions but Sticker Star is far from bad . It's easily worth $10. 

bread's done
Back