Paper Mario Sticker Star, Prof. Layton Miracle Mask $10 @ Gamestop

I really didn't like Sticker Star, though I did manage to slog through it. It took me less than 13 hours, too, no joke (I hear others say it took them quite a few hours more). They really sucked all of the soul out of the series with that game, which should be a crime.

That being said, I may just pick it up with that $5 coupon and gift it to someone.
I would consider Sticker Star one of the biggest disappointments I've ever played. And that's not even because I revere the series or expected it to be great. I just wanted to be entertaining and instead it felt like a slog. Why did I even force myself to finish it? I would not recommend it to anyone because no matter who you are, your time is more valuable.

I enjoyed PM for what it was. Took me 20 hours back in 2012/2013 to beat it. I mean, I wish it was as good as TTYD but I enjoyed some of the humor and the supporting cast.  Hopefully we get Paper Mario U in the near future.

Wow so many people not liking paper mario sticker star? I was trying to decide if it was worth 5 dollars (after coupon) I enjoyed the thousand year door and super paper mario. So I wanted to try this but I guess I will pass.

Wow so many people not liking paper mario sticker star? I was trying to decide if it was worth 5 dollars (after coupon) I enjoyed the thousand year door and super paper mario. So I wanted to try this but I guess I will pass.
for $5 it worth it and plus it also has 40 club nintendo points in it to

To anyone wondering, I can confirm they're this price in-store as well, no online pickup needed. Picked up Prof. Layton with a $5 off coupon I generated a couple mins before walking in, haha. Can't beat $5!

Layton was Gamestop new for me  :( Still a good price, but disappointed that the Club Nintendo code had already been redeemed and that have spent the last 15 minutes trying to get the sticker goo off the case with messing it all up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone had a bad experience with leaving games on hold for more than 2 days? I once had a store give me a copy of a game that was on reserve for someone else. I won't be able to pick up the games till Friday and I would hate for that to happen to me.

Has anyone had a bad experience with leaving games on hold for more than 2 days? I once had a store give me a copy of a game that was on reserve for someone else. I won't be able to pick up the games till Friday and I would hate for that to happen to me.
I have had to call my store and ask them to hold something an additional day because was out of town and they have been cool if I explain the situation and let them know that I want the game still, I am just need another day. Very much YMMV, but worth a try.

One time a couple of years ago I put a hold on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2...I got there on the second day and found out the price went up $10! That was on an old used game though...never put a brand new thing that they're trying to clear on hold but given what Gamestop can do, who knows?

I got Paper Mario for $7.99 from Best Buy last holiday on two different occasions. This game has always been dipping to single digits.

Isn't that the last Layton game to be released forever outside of Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright?

Nevermind that's 

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

So is Paper Mario bad enough for me not to play it for $5?
It's not as bad as everyone makes it seem to be.It's actually fun,I guess those who hate it either jumped on the hate bandwagon or went into the game with super high expectations.I played the Gamecube one and found it to be okay but I enjoyed Sticker Star a lot more.Maybe because it was on a handheld device and I could play it anywhere.

for $5 it worth it and plus it also has 40 club nintendo points in it to
Thanks I decided to pick it up, thought why not for 5 dollars. They gave me a "gamestop new" one, they had the cartridge in the back draws with the club Nintendo with it so confident that it probably isnt used. Also had a 5 dollar credit since I put a preorder down on a game years ago and never picked it up. So I only paid tax for the game.

Isn't that the last Layton game to be released forever outside of Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright?

Nevermind that's

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
God, I hope it's not the really last Layton game. Oh, in case you didn't know to fully understand Azran Legacy you MUST play Last Specter and Miracle Mask.

It's not as bad as everyone makes it seem to be.It's actually fun,I guess those who hate it either jumped on the hate bandwagon or went into the game with super high expectations.I played the Gamecube one and found it to be okay but I enjoyed Sticker Star a lot more.Maybe because it was on a handheld device and I could play it anywhere.
Well...it can't be Nintendo's Ace Combat Assault Horizon...right?

Got the last opened gamestop shelf "new" copy even though I called ahead to have it held and the associate told me there were a couple in stock.

Whatever, $5 afrer my Kongregate coupon from downloading Lionheart. Cant complain.

I did the in-store hold thing for both games, and both failed after a couple hours. Then I drove over and picked up Layton (new-new, not Gamestop-new). So that hold thing is useless if they're too lazy to actually check for the games, right? I used that $5 Kongregate coupon, as well, so a pretty sweet deal. They didn't have Paper Mario, so I tried the Target next door, but they'll only pricematch GameStop's paper ad. I thought that was odd; don't they pricematch Amazon now?

Can you use two of the $5 coupons in 1 transaction? It is two games of course, so it isn't stacking two coupons on one item, but I am unsure of the system lets you use two on 1 transaction.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

Can you use two of the $5 coupons in 1 transaction? It is two games of course, so it isn't stacking two coupons on one item, but I am unsure of the system lets you use two on 1 transaction.

Yes you can,I was able to at my location.

Don't...even try that. It can however stack with other coupons like the B-day one (used only so no go here) and potentially a PUR one that's NOT of the same amount.

@

joker______:How did that happen?

do both games on separate transaction instead to be able to use a coupon on both.

My plan is to use them in seperate transactions yeah, but my store is filled with @sshole employees. When I went to return a 360S yesterday, the manager (or asst manager) there was asking questions for 10 minutes about why I wanted to return it....

In the past (like 5 months ago) I had a game transferred there from another store and she literally refused to sell it to me because it was on hold for a customer...I was like "yeah....me!" and I had to argue to let her sell me the game.

I filed a complaint yesterday as well as 5 months ago on the survey. 5 months ago the DM called me and I voiced my issues, but it seems the bitch doesn't learn.

Wtf is going on with Gamestop I put Professor Layton for Store pickup at two different stores like 4 hours ago and they still have not sent me confirmation to go pick it up.Only reason I'm doing in store pick up is because I can't go today to the store.

Don't...even try that. It can however stack with other coupons like the B-day one (used only so no go here) and potentially a PUR one that's NOT of the same amount.

@

joker______:How did that happen?
I honestly went in saying I want to do two transactions cause I have two coupons and he told me that i didn't have to do two transactions that all can be done in one.

I honestly went in saying I want to do two transactions cause I have two coupons and he told me that i didn't have to do two transactions that all can be done in one.
And it actually went through? Impressive...Is the apocalypse about to happen? I'm going to go logoff and check outside if it is...

So is Paper Mario bad enough for me not to play it for $5?
In my opinion, no it is not. After thoroughly enjoying the original on 64 and being blown away by the GameCube game (got bored with Wii but it was still okay), I was stoked for this game. The game, despite being primed for a 3d version, is missing a lot of the fun and even gameplay of the others. Goodbye to a lot of strategy and hello to backtracking for stickers used in battle.

And it actually went through? Impressive...Is the apocalypse about to happen? I'm going to go logoff and check outside if it is...
Lmao yea I thought it was kinda odd myself but as long as I get my games I didn't mind plus to top it all off they had sealed copies,multiple sealed copies.

picked up copies of each game to give as gifts, thanks OP.  Layton was easy to get in sealed new condition, but of the 3 gamestops I visited on the way home only 1 had Paper Mario in sealed condition.  Used up the last $5 coupons I had.

Also got a few copies of Steel Diver 3DS, I know its a crappy game but it was only $2.99 new and sealed, will make great gifts and I'll try it out for the 3D stuff

Also got a few copies of Steel Diver 3DS, I know its a crappy game but it was only $2.99 new and sealed, will make great gifts and I'll try it out for the 3D stuff
Well you also get the Club Nintendo points, and we all know they always have great rewaHAHAHAHAAAA

...Sorry; couldn't get through that.

I got Layton for $5 with the Kongregate coupon at one store. I hadn't been able to procure another one, so I tried to re-use it at another GameStop for Paper Mario Super Star and it said it had already been used, LOL.

I guess I could've asked a friend to get me a code with their Apple/Android but it looked like Paper Mario already went OOS in so many stores near me.

Just picked up Paper Mario and Spirit Camera sealed at one store and a Game$top 'new', but complete, copy of Prof. Layton Miracle Mask at another. Got all three for $15.75 after using three Kongregate coupons. Pretty good haul.

Too late for me to head back out, so I did an instore pickup. Already said its available to go get, hopefully its still there tomorrow or Friday.

Not that I have ever played a Layton game before anyway

Picked up a sealed copy of Professor Layton Miracle Mask using the $5 Kongregate coupon. I was surprised there were actually several several sealed copies at the store I went to even though it said low stock online.

Now to wait for a sale on Azran Legacy.

Got the last copy of Layton in my store. Look out for short supply if its not already too late. Thanks OP

Got my copies. Had to do two transactions, she tried to do it in one, but was not working. Layton was open, but CN worked. I rather it have been sealed, but for $5...whatever.

bread's done
Back