PC Game INSANITY at Circuit City

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCDenton

Banned
I know someone else already posted about getting PREY cheap, but there needs to be a thread to tally up all of the discounted prices because there are some ridiculous deals I just found and it will take a combined effort to scan all of Circuit City's games. Anyways, I have just purchased:

-----------
edit: Thank you to pcktlnt for making this list alphabetized and coding it for starforce.

[quote name='pcktlnt']To help out my fellow caggers, here is a compiled list of the games that have been listed throughout the entire forum. Do not hate on me if some of the prices may be off, I just copied/pasted. Good luck finding the games. Please, please please please please put the game title and price when you guys list. This way it would help out a lot. ^__^

Last Update: February 14, 2008, 5:45 pm
Added:
A few questions were arising that I thought everyone knew. But I will help clarify here just in case.
  • All prices listed below are 50% off. That means, what you see listed below should be what you pay for that game.
  • NEVER believe the sticker price on Circuit City games. If you feel doubtful have the employee/cashier PRICE CHECK the game.
  • Your mileage may vary (YMMV). For example, we know that Sam & Max price checks for 24.99, but a fellow CAG was able to find one that had a sticker price of 19.99, so he/she was able to pick it up for 10.00. Same with someone else and a Deluxe version of Battlefield. Use your best judgment in obtaining a game not on this list.
  • If you do purchase a game, please list the game and price. This way, the list can be updated.
  • Good luck fellow CAGs.
Thank you fellow CAGs for posting your game finds and prices.

Added:
- Adventures in Odyssey 2 pack (big box)
- Curious George Educational Title
- Multi- title educational software with Magic School Bus and Roller Typing
- Race 07
- Classic Game Collection

This color = Previous sale
This color = New ones reported this sale
This color = games with Starforce

18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin - $0.42
2006 FIFA World Cup - $4.66
Act of War: High Treason - $2.33
Adventures in Odyssey 2 pack (big box) - $7.50
Age of Empires II Gold Edition (inclues Conquerors expansion) - $10.00
Age of Mythology: Gold Edition - $10.00
Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales - $1.00 Europe only?
Alexander: Heroes of Conquest - $2.50
Alien Shooter Vengeance - $2.19
American Conquest Anthology (American Conquest, Fight Back, Divided Nation) for $3.50
American Farmer Deluxe / American Builder Deluxe Combo - $2
Ankh - $2.00
Armed & Dangerous - $2.50
Battlefield 2: Booster Pack Collection - $3.50
Battlefield 2: Deluxe Edition - $4.66
Battlefield 2: Special Forces - $4.66
Battlefield 1942 (Complete Collection) - $3.50
Battlefield 2142 - $10.00
Beowulf - $10.00
Black & White 2 - Battle of the Gods - $3.00
Blazing Angels 2 - $7.50
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood - $8.00
Buccaneer's Bounty - $2.50
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth - $6.48 Russia version only?
Call of Duty 2 - Game of the Year - $10.00
Call of Juarez - $5.00
City of Heroes: Combined (This has both Heroes and Villians in one package) - $10.00
City of Villians Time Card - $8.98
Classic Game Collection (Monopoly, Clue, Life, and Scrabble) - $10.00
Combat Mission Anthology - $7.50
Command & Conquer Collection - $10
Command & Conquer Generals Deluxe - $10
Company of Heroes (Not the Game of the Year Edition) - $10.00
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts - $10.00
Counter-Strike: Source - $10.00
Crashday - $7.50
Crazy Machines: The Wacky Contraptions Game - $7.50
Culpa Innata - $10.00
Curious George Educational Title - $7.50
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - $5.48
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (Collectors Edition) - $4.12
Darkstar One - $5.00
Darwinia - $1.29 or $1.40
DEFCON - $8.50
Desperate Housewives - $4.00
Deus Ex: Invisible War - $0.25
Diablo II - $10.00
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - $10.00
Diner Dash - $2.50
Diner Dash (Metal Tin) - $5.00
DIRT (racing one) - $8.50
DIRT - Origin of the Species - $6.90
DNA - $2.19
Doom 3 - $10.00
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil expansion pack - $3.03
Dream Chronicles - $7.50
Driver: Parallel Lines - $6.98
Dungeon Siege II - $8.98
Dynasty League Baseball - $7.50
EA Strategy Collection - $2.74
El Matador - $10
Elder Scrolls: Shivering Isles - $7.50
Elf Super Bowling Collection (This was the title I found on Gamespot) - $3.98
Eragon - $1.41 or $1.94...sorry I forgot when I asked too many at a time. ^__^
Fable: The Lost Chapters - $8.00
Faces of War - $4.66
Fate - $9.98
FEAR - $4.66
FEAR: Extraction Point - $3.29
FEAR: Perseus Mandate $10.00
Flatout 2 - $7.50 Europe only?
Flight Simulator 2004 - $10.00
Freedom Force - $3.01
Freelancer - $5.00
Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords - $5.00
Galactic Civilization: Ultimate Edition - $2.50 (jewel case bargain title)
Ghost Hunter (Hidden Object Game) - 10$
Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter - $7.50
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (GRAW 2) - $10
Godfather - $7.50
Gothic 3 - $3.00 Confirmed at $3.00
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - $9.00 or $10.00 (2nd edition)
GTR: Game of the Year Edition - $2.50
GTR 2 - $2.00
GTR 2: Game of the Year Edition - $7.50 or $10.00
GTR FIA Racing - $2.50
Guild Wars Nightfall (Collector's Edition) - $9.48
Half-Life 2: Episode One - $3.50
Halo - $10.00
Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel - $1.50
Heroes of Might and Magic V - $7.50
Jericho - $8.50
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 - $10.00
It's the Big Game, Charlie Brown - $6.00
King's Quest Collection - $7.50 (7 games)
Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green - $5.00
Left Behind: Eternal Forces - $3-4
Legos Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy - $10.00
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - $5.00
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 - $3.50 or $5.00
Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II, The Rise of the Witch-King - $2.30
Maelstrom - $4.60
Magic Match - $4.66
Marine Sharpshooter 3 - $10.00
Medal of Honor Allied Assault - $3.00 (Jewel case?)
Micro Machines V4 - $4.33
Myst IV: Revelation, Limited Edition - $7.50
Need for Speed Carbon - $1.87
Need for Speed Most Wanted - $5.00
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer - $10.00
Oasis - $2.50
Overlord - $8.50
Paradise - $8.00
pcktlnt - $0.00 (Not a game)
Penumbra: Overture - $8.00
Perimeter - $2.33
Perimeter:Emperer's Testament - $4.66
Phantasy Star Universe - $4.xx
Plantasia - $4.33
Police Quest - $4.xx (Is this the collection one as well?)
Police Quest Collection - $7.50 (YMMV)
Prey - $5.50 or $6.50
Prey Limited Edition (The big metal tin) - $8.00
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - $3.50 (online)
Prison Tycoon 3: Lockdown - $10.00
Puzzle Quest - $10
Quake 4 - $10
Race 07 - $7.50
Rag Doll Kung Fu - $5
Rainbow Six Vegas - $10.00
Rayman 10th Anniversary Collection - $8.99 or $4.50 (online)
Rayman 3 Pack - $4.50
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $8.00
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 - $8.00
Resident Evil 4 - $10.00
Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War - $9.00
Rise of Nations - $2.50 (jewel case bargain title)
Rise of Nations: Gold Edition - $10.00
Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends $9.00
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack - $10.00
Rush for Berlin - $8.99
Scratches: New Director's Cut Edition - $7.50
Shadowgrounds - $3.58
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened - $9.98
Sid Meier's Railroads! - $3.56 or $4.12
Silent Hunter - $8.00
Sim City 4: Deluxe Edition - $9.98
Silverfall - $8.98 or $10.00
SiN Episodes - $5.00 or $6.99 (online)
Soliders: Heroes of World War II - $1.00
Space Quest - $4.xx (which version is this?)
SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars - $4.66 Europe version
Splinter Cell Double Agent - $3.75
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl - $10.00
StarCraft Battle Chest - $10.00
Star Trek: Legacy - $4.60
Star Wars Empire at War (Not Collection one) - $8.00 or $6.98
Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (Expansion) - $9.00
Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventure - $2.59
Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse - $4.98 or $5.48 (online)
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance - $10.00
Sweet Tooth (Bejewelled clone) - $3.50
Sword of the Stars - $8.50
Syberia Saga Limited Edition - $2.35
The Chosen: Well of Souls - $8.50
The Guild 2 - $4.11
The Movies - $4.66
The Movies: Stunts & Effects Expansion - $9.98
The Punisher - $1.90
The Ship - $2.35
The Sims 2: Family Fun Stuff - $5.00 (online)
Titan Quest - $5.00 (YMMV) - $7.50
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne - $10.00
TMNT - $7.50 (Scanned too many at once so not sure) or $10 (CD version)
Tomb Raider Legend - $8.00
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - $4.00 (online)
Trainz Railwayz - $10.00
UFO: Aftermath/Aftershock Double Pack - $8.98
Wizard's War Chest [Contains Evil Islands, Etherlords, & Etherlords II] $5.00
World of Warcraft - $10.00
X-COM: UFO Game Double Pack - $8.98

Unknown titles: Not sure where to place these, so they go here. ^__^
- Multi- title educational software with Magic School Bus and Roller Typing $9.99
- 10 pack of games for $2.14 (Can you give the title? lol)[/QUOTE]

FYI for Bay Area CAGs, the Fremont (Auto Mall Parkway) and Union City (Whipple) Circuit Citys still have a ton of the games from the list on page 1. They had practically everything on the list, some in multiples (especially S.T.A.L.K.E.R.).

Went to the City of Orange CC, they restocked so I picked up:
Act of War: High Treason
Sid Meiers Railroads
FEAR perseus mandate
FEAR extraction point

Was going to buy Battlefield 2142 but they wouldnt sell it to me, since someone had already paid for it online (pending pickup, 30 day hold). The manager wouldnt do squat for me, even though its their fault for putting out a game for sale that inst really for sale. How dumb is that.

from previous sale:
Age of Empires II Gold edition
Rise of Nations (includes expansion)
PREY collectors tin
Dark Messiah collectors edition
Call of Juarez

I am contemplating returning the FEAR games, since I am not too interested in them, but I already opened prey, so will give that a shot once I build my new rig. Bought Dark Messiah and Call of Juarez and Sid Meiers Railroads hoping that they are enjoyable. Anyone play the Railroads game, and is it like Sim City? I enjoy RTS games so AOE II and RoN are going to get played alot, and AoW will get a little try out.

I am looking for BFMEII expansion, but none in 50 mile radius.

[quote name='nakanenui']Went to the City of Orange CC, they restocked so I picked up:
Act of War: High Treason
Sid Meiers Railroads
FEAR perseus mandate
FEAR extraction point

Was going to buy Battlefield 2142 but they wouldnt sell it to me, since someone had already paid for it online (pending pickup, 30 day hold). The manager wouldnt do squat for me, even though its their fault for putting out a game for sale that inst really for sale. How dumb is that.

from previous sale:
Age of Empires II Gold edition
Rise of Nations (includes expansion)
PREY collectors tin
Dark Messiah collectors edition
Call of Juarez

I am contemplating returning the FEAR games, since I am not too interested in them, but I already opened prey, so will give that a shot once I build my new rig. Bought Dark Messiah and Call of Juarez and Sid Meiers Railroads hoping that they are enjoyable. Anyone play the Railroads game, and is it like Sim City? I enjoy RTS games so AOE II and RoN are going to get played alot, and AoW will get a little try out.

I am looking for BFMEII expansion, but none in 50 mile radius.[/quote]

Oh man that has to be an out-of-body experience to have a game in your hand and be told it's out of stock. :roll:

[quote name='"pcktlnt"'] Gothic 3 - $3.00 Ringing up as 40 now?[/quote]

I bought Gothic 3 last night for $3.00. This was at the Long Beach, CA location.

[quote name='hordak']Regarding Gothic 3, you guys might want to look out for the "RPG Pack" which contains that game and Dungeon Lords. I didn't do a price check since I already own Gothic 3 and the DL got a low score on Amazon. If I see it again, I'll find out how much it is going for.[/quote]

I had a CC in Tampa scan this, and it came up regularly priced (believe it was $39.99). :cry:

[quote name='Mysterio']I had a CC in Tampa scan this, and it came up regularly priced (believe it was $39.99). :cry:[/QUOTE]

That is a favor to you if anything. Both of those games are utterly atrocious.

[quote name='stoned99']Grabbed Supreme Commander (Add on) 10$ and Ghost Hunter (Find the hidden object game) 10$. I also picked up about another 20 games already on the list.

Happy hunting!![/quote]

are you talking about Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance?

Can anyone else here verify :D

[quote name='makstaks']are you talking about Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance?

Can anyone else here verify :D[/QUOTE]

Someone on [H]ardforum also said they got it.

[quote name='makstaks']are you talking about Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance?

Can anyone else here verify :D[/QUOTE]

It rang up as $29 at the Doral, FL Store... :whistle2:(

[quote name='JCDenton']Someone on [H]ardforum also said they got it.[/quote]

:applause: Cool. I need to call around for this. Anyone here have the model#?

Wish i could order it for store pick-up...but its not on the circuitcity website :whistle2:(

[quote name='buster2k']It rang up as $29 at the Doral, FL Store... :whistle2:([/quote]

:whistle2:(

Can anyone else here verify :D[/quote]

Yes, it's listed as SUPREME COMMANDER FO THQ752919493274 on my receipt. I did have a problem on Saturday at a different store when I asked them to check the price. It was not in the system and eventually they tried to charge me the price for the original game. This was bought at the CC in Seal Beach, CA

I have picked up about 20 games for under a total of $80 in the last 24 hours at two different CCs. One in Hialeah and the other in Aventura, FL.

Last night Gothic 3 rang up $3 at the CC in Aventura.

[quote name='Kromis']Could someone gimme the Item Number for CoH:OF? My damn CC couldn't find it on their system and I saw it on Sunday![/quote]

I bought both CoH and OF and they rang them up in a row on my receipt, don't know which is which -- so here are both:

THQ 752919493267
THQ 752919492970

I'm guessing it is the first one because of the latter number.

I bought Silverfall for 8.98, Overlord for 8.50, and Star Craft: Battle Chest for 10.00. Thanks, OP!
Didn't get everything I wanted, though: I still want Darwinia (with a box in better condition...Big Lots?), and I didn't even see Age of Mythology: Gold Edition and Syberia Saga: Limited Edition. And Paradise might've been nice...

Link to CC PC Games (Update: Feb 13, 2008, 1:00 pm)

Yes, the RPG Pack does not qualify for this sale. Thank you for confirming the prices. Thank you for providing a title. Sorry a bit in a rush. Need to finish my engineering homework bleh. Thanks for that tip on the Fremont CC. I was thinking of going there but I got lazy. I remember them having a ton of PC games when I went looking for Okami a few weeks ago. If you need another CC to go to, there is one on Almaden Expressway that has a ton of games. Although, if I assume you are near Fremont, then you have more than a 30 mile drive on your hands...Good luck.

Some additional ones:

Tube Twist: 4.00$
Word Whomp: 4.00$
Magic Match: 4.33$
Mahjongg Investigations: 5.00$
Diner Dash (Jewel Case): 2.50$

Someone posted the list on SD, right now there are 400 people viewing that thread. Better get what you want now before people from SD start going in to clear out the shelves

Picked up a few more titles at the Manassas, VA CC. There section was just as big as sterling and had a lot of the titles on this list. No Guild Wars: Nightfall CE though. I guess I snagged the last copy in Northern VA :(

Left Behind: Eternal Forces, management had a LOT of problems looking this up. In the end they gave it to me for 4 bucks. Took them 20 minutes to do this! TMNT is 7.50 so please correct that. Anyone venturing out to this store, watch out. Management became very, and I mean very suspicious that I was picking up titles tagged for 40 dollars for less than 10.

Anyways. Picked up a few other titles like Defcon, EA Strategy 2 collection, UFO Aftershock/aftermath and Simcity 4 Deluxe. Almost picked up The movies and the expansion and PSU online. Saw a few Stalker's, Galactic Civilizations II Gold edition's (24.99), Driver: Parallel Lines, DIRT (Racer). So if anyone in Northern VA is still hunting for stuff, your best bet is Sterling and Manassas. You might want to add 10,000 games (yes that's the name of the game) for 4.00 and The Space Quest Collection for 4.33. Medal of Honor Pre-order box: 5.00. Includes BF2 if you want BF2 for cheap. Star Wars battlefront 2 (CD version) came to 20.99

You won't get much help from the Manassas store.

Anyways... THAT'S IT........I AM DONE WITH THIS SALE!!! I think I spent like 200 bucks on these games.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Someone posted the list on SD, right now there are 400 people viewing that thread. Better get what you want now before people from SD start going in to clear out the shelves[/quote]
I started worrying when I saw the list start getting posted on other message boards I frequent. I was surprised not many people noticed it the first week the deal was on, but I've seen the news spreading steadily this time.

Guess my planned trip up there today just got a little more important, though honestly, I have more games already than I'll ever be able to play, so it would probably be a GOOD thing if nothing is left. :D

[quote name='Monroeski']I started worrying when I saw the list start getting posted on other message boards I frequent. I was surprised not many people noticed it the first week the deal was on, but I've seen the news spreading steadily this time.

Guess my planned trip up there today just got a little more important, though honestly, I have more games already than I'll ever be able to play, so it would probably be a GOOD thing if nothing is left. :D[/QUOTE]

The thing is, that if these were 360/PS2/PS3/GC/XB/DS games listed for that price, then yes SD/FW hoarders would pick CC clean to the bone. They don't care about PC games as they have no trade in value at EB/GS.

Dont know if this was mentioned but Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 rings up as $10,and has a 49.99 sticker price.

[quote name='ITDEFX']The thing is, that if these were 360/PS2/PS3/GC/XB/DS games listed for that price, then yes SD/FW hoarders would pick CC clean to the bone. They don't care about PC games as they have no trade in value at EB/GS.[/QUOTE]

You would be surprised. Check ebay. There are now tons of "sealed" copies of PC games, like Silverfall and Prey LE. They aren't going for much but there are A LOT of auctions. I wouldn't be surprised, however, to see returns on a lot of titles if they don't sell on fleabay.

[quote name='vrao81']Dont know if this was mentioned but Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 rings up as $10,and has a 49.99 sticker price.[/quote]

I'm going to look for it today --- buy this $10 copy so I can return my $12.48 copy from Target. Yes, I'm an ULTRA CAG trying to save $2.50+ (hey, there's tax too!) :)

I can confirm Supreme Commander expansion at $10, I just got it. Be aware that they may need to look it up because it doesn't ring up at all. If they try to make up some price tell them to look it up.

It sucks that some douche copied the list to slickdeals. Maybe this site would work better if people who didn't post here at least semi-regularly got banned.

My local Circuit City, Niles Ohio, has three copies of STALKER and a copy of Darwinia left.

I bought a copy of Darwinia and Need For Speed: Carbon today.

Snagged:

Space Quest Collection $4.xx
COH OP $10
Stalker $10
Black and White 2 and Expansion total $7.xx
Stubbs $4.88

Looking for FEAR....

[quote name='ITDEFX']The thing is, that if these were 360/PS2/PS3/GC/XB/DS games listed for that price, then yes SD/FW hoarders would pick CC clean to the bone. They don't care about PC games as they have no trade in value at EB/GS.[/QUOTE]

Uh, yeah, it is my understanding that the SD/FW folk aren't gamers per se so they wouldn't do the EB/GS trade-in thing. That's what CAGs do ;). They might buy them to sell on eBay though, as Monsta Mack points out.

I finally went to a CC last night for this PC thing... I'm pretty clueless about PC games but I snagged a few. I'll probably return half of them but I may keep Dark Messiah of Might and Magic ($5.48) and I'm trying to decide if I want to give my daughter Diner Dash (metal tin version - $5) and/or Plantasia ($4.33). I can't find any reviews for Plantasia - Metecritic doesn't even list it.

After reading the review for Silverfall ($8.98) I'll probably return it. Had it been $4 or so I'd keep it, but I've got console games for $5 I'd rather play first plus my PC probably won't be able to handle it (same for M&M probably, too). I rememeber when Might & Magic used to be a nice turn-based affair. I don't like this actiony stuff, especially for the PC where I never have a system that can run it (I just have a work-issued laptop, albeit a powerful workstation type one).

I'll probably hit up another store for kicks. I'd like to score GalCiv II though I got it for $8 recently from Fred Meyer...

Ooh - Just read some reviews of Heroes of Might and Magic V. I'm all for some turn-based strategy so I'll have to look for that one. Has this been a common find for other people? I know they didn't have it at the store I was at last night. I figured with it not being dirt cheap ($7.50) I have a chance though.

Picked up:

The Ship $2.19
Dark Messiah: MM $5.48
Company of Heroes: Opoosing Fronts $10
LOTR: The Rise of the Witch King. $2.30

So awesome...

[quote name='sandrokstar']Snagged:
Dark Messiah Limited Edition -$4.12
Guild Wars: Nightfall - $9.49
Left Behind - $2.74 (for teh lulz)[/quote]

Left Behind was just announced as free!!! I think they plan on using advertising to pay for that holier than though christian crap... Not that there's anything wrong with christianity :)

goin to take back the plantsia game tomorrow since noone wants it here. Too bad there isnt a scanner that you could scan the games yourself. Im sure they wont price check the games if i bring up 20 or 30 of them. They got pissie when they had to price check 3 games

Love to get heroes of might and magic 5 but my old pc wont run it. If it was dirt cheap i would pick up it just in case i got a new pc this summer (dirt cheap = 3 or under)

Just got back with Darwinia and Black & White 2.

I was excited to find a GW: Nightfall CE, but it rang up at the full $69.99 right in front of me. Has this happened to anyone else?

[quote name='io']Ooh - Just read some reviews of Heroes of Might and Magic V. I'm all for some turn-based strategy so I'll have to look for that one. Has this been a common find for other people? I know they didn't have it at the store I was at last night. I figured with it not being dirt cheap ($7.50) I have a chance though.[/quote]

Several copies were available in a Tampa CC I went to on Tuesday. It's easily worth $7.50.

Plundered the local CC's here in the AZ today, absolutely sickening deals:

LOTR: BFME 2
Splinter Cell: DA
DiRT
Company of Heroes
GTR 2

Grand Total: $28. Good Lord.

Unfortunately none of them had Railroads though, I really wanted that one. If anyone finds a 2nd copy they would part with, let me know.

Seriously I am done.. let the offers begin!!!
CCFINALRUN.jpg

for some strange reason, I can't find D.I.R.T.:Origins of the Species. It just went poof from my collection 0.o

[quote name='ITDEFX']Seriously I am done.. let the offers begin!!!
CCFINALRUN.jpg

for some strange reason, I can't find D.I.R.T.:Origins of the Species. It just went poof from my collection 0.o[/QUOTE]

Wow!!! You can open up your own Circuit City junior chapter!

i hit up all the chicagoland CCs, a lot of stuff left actually

So far i nabbed

COH: OP
Battlefield 2 deluxe
LOTR: BFME II
GTR2 (the $2 one)
Gothic 3
Darwinia
Dark Messiah

someone in my family is gonna get a cheapass birthday present for sure!

[quote name='mva5580']Plundered the local CC's here in the AZ today, absolutely sickening deals:

LOTR: BFME 2
Splinter Cell: DA
DiRT
Company of Heroes
GTR 2

Grand Total: $28. Good Lord.

Unfortunately none of them had Railroads though, I really wanted that one. If anyone finds a 2nd copy they would part with, let me know.[/QUOTE]

Not to state the obvious, but you checked the casual game section, right? I picked up a copy of Railroads! and it was in the aisle with all the casual-oriented garbage.

WHOA!!! HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

I was just at the Madison Heights, MI store and thought I'd scored the EA Strategy Collection and F.E.A.R. Extraction Point. I take them up to the counter and the girl scans them.

They both ring up as $29.99!!! WHAT.....THE....fuck?!?!?!?

I pull the edited list I had with me with the titles I was looking for and tell her, "Wait a second. The EA box is supposed to be $2.74 and FEAR is $3.29. Look at the price stickers: neither is $30; FEAR is $25 and EA is $20."

She asked me where I'd gotten my prices from and I told her here and that I'd bought eight games two nights ago at the Dearborn store and some a couple of weekends back. (I didn't even think to point out that the $19.99 should've been 50% off, I was so caught off guard.)

She said that all she could do was match the prices to what the stickers said. Obviously, that was a non-starter and I left empty-handed. I'm just a guy with a printed Word list that I'm saying I got from this web site; why should she believe me?

I wonder WTF went wrong there? This sucks. I need more games like Angelina Jolie needs more kids, but a deal's a deal and now I'm SOL.:cry:

Beavercreek, OH still has some Company of Heroes (no opposing fronts, sadly. Might have been GOTY editions but I didn't look too close), Dark Messiahs (both regular and CE), and a Diablo 2 last I checked at noon today. Nothing for me today, sadly. A lot of the good titles I suspect have been gone for a while.

[quote name='DirkBelig']

I pull the edited list I had with me with the titles I was looking for and tell her...

She asked me where I'd gotten my prices from and I told her here...[/QUOTE]

You're awesome.

[quote name='hordak']I'm going to look for it today --- buy this $10 copy so I can return my $12.48 copy from Target. Yes, I'm an ULTRA CAG trying to save $2.50+ (hey, there's tax too!) :)[/QUOTE]

Just consider gas is still over $3 a gallon (atleast here) and your spending precious time. Might not be worth it.

Actually on second thought, I would love a Stubbs the Zombie.

If anyone has an extra copy I would be willing to pay for it.

Where's the trading thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back