Pc girl's thread to include info on Big Lots, Half Price Books, Books a Million&more

PcGirl

CAGiversary!
Hi Guys,

It's been suggested to me that it would be better for all CAGs for me to start my own thread. I have inside information on which closeout pc games are being shipped to major retailers in the country.

This thread will include info (meaning title specific deals) on:

Big Lots
Half Price Books
Books a Million
Oops Outlets
Inetvideo.com
Amazon.com
Gogamer.com
Five Below
Ollie's
Staples
Marshalls
TJ Maxx

Look for frequent postings to begin soon. I'm so excited!

PCgirl.:D

Half Price books is getting Warhammer Age of Reckoning Collector's Edition! Big quantity. It's going to retail for $ 14.98!

Happy Hunting!

PCgirl:applause:

10 of the Oops Outlets will be carrying gaming software. Ooops Outlets are stores that liquidate books, gifts, DVDs and now CD roms. Here's the web address:

oopsoutlets.com

But remember, the roms are only going into the following 10 stores:

Kittery, Maine
Deer Park, NY
Birch Run, Michigan
Hagerstown, Maryland
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Carleston, South Carolina
Pleasant Prarie, Wisconsin
Huntley, Illinois
Grove City, Pennsylvania
Washington, Pennsylvania

PCgirl.:cool:

[quote name='PcGirl']10 of the Oops Outlets will be carrying gaming software. Ooops Outlets are stores that liquidate books, gifts, DVDs and now CD roms. Here's the web address:

oopsoutlets.com

But remember, the roms are only going into the following 10 stores:

Kittery, Maine
Deer Park, NY
Birch Run, Michigan
Hagerstown, Maryland
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Carleston, South Carolina
Pleasant Prarie, Wisconsin
Huntley, Illinois
Grove City, Pennsylvania
Washington, Pennsylvania

PCgirl.:cool:[/QUOTE]

What group of titles can we expect?

[quote name='Josef']Any new shipments to Five Below PCGirl?[/QUOTE]

Nothing since the last one with the Devil May Cry 4, but here's what was on the way there just before that one:

All Jewel case $ 5.00

SPONGE BOB EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH
SPONGE BOB THE MOVIE
GHOST RECON ADVANCED WARFIGHTER
FETCH
CIVILIZATION III GOLD
DORA THE EXPLORER LOST CITY
LEMONADE TYCOON
SPLINTER CELL/SPLINTER CELL PANDORA'S BOX

More headed their way soon. I'll post them as soon as they're on the way.

PCgirl:booty:

[quote name='PcGirl']Nothing since the last one with the Devil May Cry 4, but here's what was on the way there just before that one:

All Jewel case $ 5.00

SPONGE BOB EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH
SPONGE BOB THE MOVIE
GHOST RECON ADVANCED WARFIGHTER
FETCH
CIVILIZATION III GOLD
DORA THE EXPLORER LOST CITY
LEMONADE TYCOON
SPLINTER CELL/SPLINTER CELL PANDORA'S BOX

More headed their way soon. I'll post them as soon as they're on the way.

PCgirl:booty:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I appreciate the update :D

Some of these are repeats from last week's shipment but here goes:

10,000 GAMES
ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS
BACKYARD BASKETBALL 2007
BOB THE BUILDER CAN DO ZOO\
CITY OF VILLAINS
CLASSIC GAME TRIO
CRAZY FROG RACER
DEVIL MAY CRY 4
HOYLE BLACKJACK
INCREDIBLE HULK
LUXOR
MERV GRIFFIN CROSSWORDS
PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN
POWER RANGERS SUPER LEGENDS
PRINCESS BRIDE
PRISON TYCOON 3
RESEVOIR DOGS
ROCK TOUR TYCOON
ROLLER COASTER TYCOON 2
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE HER BERRY BEST FRIENDS
TMNT

PCgirl:D

I keep checking for that DMC4, but every time I go I get told they havn't received new pc games for something like 4 months, and they don't anticipate getting any until spring. Stupid Big Lots.

DQ TYCOON
FORGOTTEN RIDDLES
JEWEL OF SINAI
DR. DAISY PET VET
MY SIMS
OPERATION MANIA
POLAR GAMES 2
POWER RANGERS: SUPER LEGENDS
THE OFFICE
CHOCOLATIER IN COLLECTOR TIN

PCgirl:cool:

Xcess Cargo has 41 stores. $ 5.98 cdn.

Bargain shop has 222 stores. $ 6.97 cdn.

Let me know!!!

PCgirl.:booty:

18 WHEELS OF STEEL AMERICAN HAUL
4 X4 HUMMER
ABRA ACADEMY
AGATHA CHRISTIE DOUBLE MURDER MYSTERY
ALONE IN THE DARK
BACKYARD FOOTBALL 2008
THE CHOSEN, WELL OF SOULS
DEVIL MAY CRY 4
DQ TYCOON
DRACULA III
DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS ONLINE: STORMREACH
GOTHIC 3 COLLECTOR'S EDITION
HUNTING UNLIMITED 2009
LOST CASES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES
LOST PLANET: COLONIES EDITION
WALL-E
MYSTERYVILLE 2
RATATOUILLE
PAINKILLER OVERDOSE
PAINKILLER TRIPLE DOSE
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN AT WORLD'S END
POWER RANGERS SUPER LEGENDS
PRINCE OF PERSIA
RAINBOW SIX: VEGAS
ROLLER COASTER TYCOON 3
SHADOWGROUNDS: SURVIVOR
SHARKS 2.0
SPACE TRADER
TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD
TOMB RAIDER ANNIVERSARY
TOP CHEF
TURBO TRIO
TWO WORLDS
WEDDING DASH
WORLD OF GOO

Their price is $ 6.97.

Pcgirl;)

TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD
TOMB RAIDER ANNIVERSARY
SHADOW GROUNDS: SURVIVOR
BACKYARD FOOTBALL 2008
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SHADOW OF CHERNOBYL
WALL-E
ADVENTURE COLLECTOR'S EDITION (INCLUDES RHEM 2, SCRATCHES DIRECTOR'S CUT & PENUMBRA OVERTURE)

They also got Afro Samurai Director's Cut coming on DVD if that interests anybody.

I have alot of DVD info too. Should I post that too? Or just stick to gaming?

PCgirl:cool:

[quote name='PcGirl']TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD
TOMB RAIDER ANNIVERSARY
SHADOW GROUNDS: SURVIVOR
BACKYARD FOOTBALL 2008
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SHADOW OF CHERNOBYL
WALL-E
ADVENTURE COLLECTOR'S EDITION (INCLUDES RHEM 2, SCRATCHES DIRECTOR'S CUT & PENUMBRA OVERTURE)

They also got Afro Samurai Director's Cut coming on DVD if that interests anybody.

I have alot of DVD info too. Should I post that too? Or just stick to gaming?

PCgirl:cool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm very interested in the DVD info as well :) Many thanks!

[quote name='PcGirl']I have alot of DVD info too. Should I post that too? Or just stick to gaming?

PCgirl:cool:[/QUOTE]
Please! I hit up Big Lots at least once a week solely for the DVD's. Any info you could give on DVD's would be EXTREMELY appreciated, though, my 2-foot tall DVD backlog might not be too happy with you.:lol::lol::lol:

BTW, to whom it may concern, one of the Big Lots I go to regularly had Street Fighter: The Movie(the 90's one) for $3 last night. Big Lots kicks my son of a bitch wallet's ass SO HARD....*dramatic pause*....that my next wallet wanna-be is gonna feel it. So who wants to go home.....AND WHO WANTS TO GO WITH ME TO BIG LOTS!?!?!? *CHEERING*
:lol::lol::lol: I love that movie.

[quote name='mogamer']Hi PcGirl
Any word on new shipments to Big Lots?[/QUOTE]

Big Lots has a lot of goods on hold for January. But I did make 15 store visits recently and they did receive a little bit of goods in November and December although it was not ordered from us.

I noticed Wall-E and Ratatouille in the November Shipment.

But there was something very exciting in the December one. It appears EA has licensed out their content to Cosmi. So I saw the following titles in most of the stores:

Mercenaries 2
FIFA 08
NHL 08
Medal of Honor Airborne
The Godfather

There are others. I'll post them when I get to my notes.

The miniboxes don't feel as "meaty" since these were made specifically for the budget market, but I think the value is still exceptional.

PCgirl

[quote name='PcGirl']Big Lots has a lot of goods on hold for January. But I did make 15 store visits recently and they did receive a little bit of goods in November and December although it was not ordered from us.

I noticed Wall-E and Ratatouille in the November Shipment.

But there was something very exciting in the December one. It appears EA has licensed out their content to Cosmi. So I saw the following titles in most of the stores:

Mercenaries 2
FIFA 08
NHL 08
Medal of Honor Airborne
The Godfather

There are others. I'll post them when I get to my notes.

The miniboxes don't feel as "meaty" since these were made specifically for the budget market, but I think the value is still exceptional.

PCgirl[/QUOTE]

I saw those too. I thought you guys had them reprinted. Command & Conquer Generals Deluxe is also in that assortment.

BRAINIVERSITY $ 7.98
DARK SECTOR $ 6.98
DEATH TRACK $ 6.98
DEVIL MAY CRY 4 $ 6.00
FLATOUT:ULTIMATE CARNAGE $ 4.98
HOTEL FOR DOGS $ 6.98
HUNTING UNLIMITED 2009 $ 7.98
JEWEL QUEST MYSTERIES: CURSE OF THE EMERALD TEAR $ 5.00
LOST PLANET COLONIES EDITION $ 9.98.
MYSTERYVILLE 2 $ 5.00
NHL 09 $ 4.98
PET PALS NEW LEASH ON LIFE $ 5.00
SAVE THE DINOS $ 6.00
SIMS 2: TEEN STYLE STUFF $ 5.00
TOP SPIN 2 $ 5.00
WHEELMAN $ 14.98
WOLD OF GOO $ 7.98
ZOO VET ENDANGERED ANIMALS $ 6.00

More to come!!!

PCgirl:booty:

Big qtys on this stuff. And they got it real cheap. I'm sure it will all be $ 2.99 to $ 4.99

DORA THE EXPLORER DANCE
HOYLE POKER SERIES
LUXOR
SCHOOL TYCOON
10,000 GAMES
BONUS! CASUAL GAME PACK
DUNGEON LORDS
INSPECTOR PARKER
MAHJONGG ARTIFACTS
MYSTERY IN LONDON

Back to you soon!

PCgirl:lol:

Any updates?

I saw Cryostasis for 7.98 and Sherlock Holmes Nemesis for 6.00 at my local HPB... tempted by both. Wish Wheelman was cheaper than 14.98.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']I haven't seen anything new at Big Lots besides a refreshment of the EA shipment.[/QUOTE]

I went to 1 of my local BL yesterday, and saw the same thing (Godfather and the EA Sports 08 lineup).

There's a 2nd BL and a BAMM in my area I didn't have time to check out. I'll try to next time I'm out.

West to my local Big Lots in southern California, picked up Mecenaries 2 and Gothic 3 Collector's Edition and saw

$6
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault
Battlefield 1942
Painkiller Overdose
NFS: Carbon
Fifa 08
NHL 08

Also, Thanks to PcGirl for this thread:)

[quote name='SOLUSDEATH']West to my local Big Lots in southern California, picked up Mecenaries 2 and Gothic 3 Collector's Edition and saw

$6
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault
Battlefield 1942
Painkiller Overdose
NFS: Carbon
Fifa 08
NHL 08

Also, Thanks to PcGirl for this thread:)[/QUOTE]

Bummer. I was hoping for some new games. That appears to be virtually the same load out my Big Lots has had for months. Maybe PcGirl will have a new update for us soon.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']BF 1942 is a great game for that price. There's still people that play it online.[/QUOTE]

If you want to play BF 1942 you should go ahead and get the Complete Collection for 9.99 - it can be had at Amazon or some Best Buys.

You get 1942, all the expansions, and the excellent Battlefield: Vietnam.

[quote name='PcGirl']18 WHEELS OF STEEL AMERICAN HAUL

WORLD OF GOO

Their price is $ 6.97.

Pcgirl;)[/QUOTE]

Any chance this is a PC/Mac Hybrid disc?

[quote name='donssword']Where in Books-a-Million do they normally keep their games?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing as I have never seen them.

Just found this was already covered earlier in this thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6457344&postcount=38

BTW, the Books-A-Million on Broad Street in Richmond, VA does not carry games. I checked the BigLots across the street and saw Mercenaries 2, and nothing much else of value--in fact, the game selection was extremely slim. I'll try the Big Lots on Brook Rd Wed or Thur if we aren't under another foot of snow.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donssword']BTW, the Books-A-Million on Broad Street in Richmond, VA does not carry games. [/QUOTE]

Nor does the one on Midlothian Tnpk. I think it's a regional thing.

Just came from Big Lots on Brook Road in North Richmond, and no luck there. 1 copy of Mercenaries 2, but I did score some good DVDs (Logan's Run, Hammer's The Curse of Frankenstein, and Irving Berlin's Easter Parade 2-Disc redo).

EDIT: 2-11-2010 I'm going to swing by AJ Wright on Broad St after work to see if they have anything in stock there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Just wow. Went to AJ Wright on Broad St in Richmond by Marshalls... it looked like a bomb hit it. Their product selection looked to be all the junk that Marshalls' couldn't sell, but just shoveled into piles.

I can appreciate some digging--did my fair share of antiquing as a teen with my parents, dug thru Filene's Basement in NY, don't mind digging thru things at Goodwill, know what to expect at Family Dollar... but I have to say that AJ Wrights is the worst place I have been in for a long time. What a mess.

I spotted a couple of shovelware PS2 games buried under a pile of clothes, but that was it.

Did Big Lots give up on PC games? Been to about 5 different ones in the last month and not one had any PC games. Plenty of Wii/DS shovelware to go around, but thats it.

I haven't seen any new games come in since the bunch of EA games (Godfather, NHL 08 etc) came in and that was a couple of months ago at least.

bread's done
Back