[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

They'd have to be very good bonuses to make me want to spend more that $4 (the price they had it at for the first few hours) on it.

Bah, the Capsule bundle has a couple games that intrigue me. Might buy it even without a HH.

same.. but guess i'll just hold for a few more days and see how it goes

They'd have to be very good bonuses to make me want to spend more that $4 (the price they had it at for the first few hours) on it.
Hopefully things will change and they will add the gift options back at some point, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to wait until the last day. They might even have another low price "Happy Hour?"

Someone asked IG on Facebook if they were going to have a Happy Hour for Capsule bundle and the Capsule people posted that Happy Hour was going on for the first 12 hours of the bundle, so I don't know, maybe this bundle will have another $3.99 "happy hour."

Assuming no HH, what's the multi-pack gift price (assuming they restore it)?  $4ish?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully things will change and they will add the gift options back at some point, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to wait until the last day. They might even have another low price "Happy Hour?"

Someone asked IG on Facebook if they were going to have a Happy Hour for Capsule bundle and the Capsule people posted that Happy Hour was going on for the first 12 hours of the bundle, so I don't know, maybe this bundle will have another $3.99 "happy hour."
First 12 hours was the $4 thing... they obviously don't understand how Indie Gala happy hours work.

Assuming no HH, what's the multi-pack gift price (assuming they restore it)? $4ish?
It was ~$4.50 iirc (after the initial period, of course.)

It's hard to be certain without seeing any of the bonus games, but because I was interested in four of the items on offer (Dracula 4, Always Remember Me, Hero of the Kingdom, and Nightmares from the Deep), I bought in at the second tier.
Wait, does that mean you're interested in parting ways with Cubetractor and Dead Sky? Or just that they didn't motivate the purchase?

Wait, does that mean you're interested in parting ways with Cubetractor and Dead Sky? Or just that they didn't motivate the purchase?
Dead Sky looks moderately interesting. Cubetractor doesn't look like something I'd be sorry to see the back of. To answer your question more directly, they didn't motivate the purchase. OTOH, if someone wanted to trade Cubetractor for $0.50 or something, I wouldn't miss it really.

Dead Sky looks moderately interesting. Cubetractor doesn't look like something I'd be sorry to see the back of. To answer your question more directly, they didn't motivate the purchase. OTOH, if someone wanted to trade Cubetractor for $0.50 or something, I wouldn't miss it really.
Hmmm... Depending on the rest of the bundle, I may be your somebody. ;)

I will say that after flipping through the Steam discussions on Dead Sky, the game became much more interesting. The dev seems to take criticism in stride, and respond reasonably to any issues brought forward. It seems like they're addressing concerns that people are having, and they're remarkably active on the forums. It had a rough start, but I really hope people don't abandon that game just yet.

I just played the first 10 levels of Cubetractor.  It's a charming little puzzle game but it already got challenging.  You're a little robot and you have to pull cubes into each other so they crash and form structures like walls and turrets and use those to blow up the enemy walls and turrets.  Timing is the main challenge since you sometimes have to pull the cubes in order to get them to crash into each other at the right place.  I can see myself finishing this as long as it doesn't get too difficult.  

weak got dead ssssky from carlmundo giveaway so ahha

Indiegala interstellar is ending! Less than 100 bundles left, then at 35.000 it sells out! Hurry up!

Guess it's not gonna last 4 days more :p

What orifice did they pull that rule out of? I never heard there was a limit before.
They pulled it out. Just got the tweet about it. It's just so stupid of them. If there is a limit they should post it clearly from the beginning for the bundle. They rarely crack 30K in bundle sales and I assume the Interstellar devs were firm with the limit of keys.

but buy from ur local cheap like fox for low price of u must ask him sorry it NDA contract heh
I already traded (TF2-key) for a bundle :)

I prefer this since I have almost 100€ from card saleshad over before trade / buying FC3 + Deluxe.

Haven't actually had to pay even a cent to Valve since cards. (Various bundles I have paid for).

I already traded (TF2-key) for a bundle :)

I prefer this since I have almost 100€ from card saleshad over before trade / buying FC3 + Deluxe.

Haven't actually had to pay even a cent to Valve since cards. (Various bundles I have paid for).
but isnt ur price higher if u buy it since valve conversion is dumb dumb

how u get rich raise ur card prize after buying it all then sell at high price heh
You are currently eligible to receive a booster pack in the following games:

Also idling free weekend games is good way to earn few cents :D

Still nothing on Capsule bundle.  They haven't re-added the gift packs.  They need to.  That bundle has basically stopped selling at around 10,000 and I don't see it selling much more without some sort of HH or group pack. 

New Indie Gala: Rise of Flight

$1 Tier:
- Hippocampal [Desura] (Groupees Bundle Yourself)
- QbQbQb [Desura] (Pretty sure this is a repeat, but I'm not sure whether I bought any of the bundles that it was in)
- Saturday Morning RPG [Steam] (IR Debut 6, Retro Groupee 2 - oh, come on... three bundles is too many.)

Higher Tier:
- Arcane Worlds [Steam Early Access] (IR Meteorite Bundle, Groupees Spotlight)
- Victory: The Age of Racing [Steam Early Access]
- Mini Motor Racing Evo [Steam] (Be Mine 9)
- Rise of Flight: Channel Battles Edition + Legendary Bombers DLC [Steam] (Other DLC costs $25-$30 each... ~$160 total.)
- Solar Flux [Steam]
- Bonus 1
- Bonus 2

Standing in for Ashes:

Not that anyone likely cares, but I will say Mini Moto Racing is a very "meh" top down racer. It looks nice and has a lot of track and car variety, but the actual racing is terribly uninteresting and never once changes from basic circuit races. The AI is a complete joke even on higher levels and provide no challenge whatsoever (monkeys/tebow would make for more intelligent opponents). The upgrade system is itself rather broken as you only have enough money to realistically upgrade one car to stay competitive, so the before mentioned vehicle variety doesn't matter as you can't use any of them without starting over from race one. I've heard MP is better but there was not a single person playing when I last checked, so unless you have a lot of friends to join up with you're out of luck. 

It's fun for perhaps the first 20-30 minutes, but after that it's just the same exact thing over and over and over, with no challenge or variation to keep it interesting. Would not recommend unless you just want something completely mindless to while away with.

Any idea what other bundle/s it was in? The IGBWiki pages doesn't list any. :???:
IGBW (both of them) have been getting kind of crappier lately since the split. :( More and more I'm finding stuff not mentioned that should have been and games that are listed in bundles in red without their own page to hook back to all the bundles they were in.

*Edited to add: I guess I should get off my ass and contribute more though I my defense I have contributed a bit there in the past.

New Indie Gala: Rise of Flight

$1 Tier:
- Hippocampal [Desura] (Groupees Bundle Yourself)
- QbQbQb [Desura] (Pretty sure this is a repeat, but I'm not sure whether I bought any of the bundles that it was in)
- Saturday Morning RPG [Steam] (IR Debut 6, Retro Groupee 2 - oh, come on... three bundles is too many.)

Higher Tier:
- Arcane Worlds [Steam Early Access] (IR Meteorite Bundle, Groupees Spotlight)
- Victory: The Age of Racing [Steam Early Access]
- Mini Motor Racing Evo [Steam] (Be Mine 9)
- Rise of Flight: Channel Battles Edition + Legendary Bombers DLC [Steam] (Other DLC costs $25-$30 each... ~$160 total.)
- Solar Flux [Steam]
- Bonus 1
- Bonus 2

OP update - thanks!

First impressions of Victory:  Goofy plot, arcade style handling.  Couldn't figure out how to change the control configuration, so I had to use the keyboard during the first licensing test, and the game got stuck on a loading screen immediately following it.  Randomly pressing buttons changed many different in-race options (ideal line, brake notification, transmission...although none of the keys seemed to shift gears) and there was an assists on/off toggle right on the screen, but I couldn't tell a difference.  Feels kinda like Trackmania.

IGBW (both of them) have been getting kind of crappier lately since the split. :( More and more I'm finding stuff not mentioned that should have been and games that are listed in bundles in red without their own page to hook back to all the bundles they were in.

*Edited to add: I guess I should get off my ass and contribute more though I my defense I have contributed a bit there in the past.
I noticed this too. Since they split both sites are lacking in info. I never contributed so I guess any community driven sites need us to pitch in but both sites are sorely lacking in updates.

Also, not sure if posted yet but Frozen Hearth got added to the Capsule bundle. I skipped it when it was in Groupees so it was a nice bonus for me.

Also, not sure if posted yet but Frozen Hearth got added to the Capsule bundle. I skipped it when it was in Groupees so it was a nice bonus for me.
ouhg9fw.jpg

Stupid repeats.

victory art of racing develooper saaid why bundle so eearly 

Vae Victis  [developer] 1 hour ago 

Our first aim right now is to grow our player base so we can better test game dynamics & economy. 

We accepted the invite from IndieGala as we wanted to approach a wider audience and also support a very great bundle: it's up to you what to pay and how much you want to support us and others fellow indie developers ;)

anad thank you carlmundo for his sacrifice heh or ak gamer at least they not being dumb or stupid like some developepr interstellar charity bullcrap growing fanbase the good reason 

victory art of racing develooper saaid why bundle so eearly

Vae Victis [developer] 1 hour ago

Our first aim right now is to grow our player base so we can better test game dynamics & economy.

We accepted the invite from IndieGala as we wanted to approach a wider audience and also support a very great bundle: it's up to you what to pay and how much you want to support us and others fellow indie developers ;)

anad thank you carlmundo for his sacrifice heh or ak gamer at least they not being dumb or stupid like some developepr interstellar charity bullcrap growing fanbase the good reason
I was able to get a key from my account I had made quite some time ago on their webpage, so I didn't pay anything to them. I would like the founder pack which seems it might be included in this IG bundle though.

Nevermind, I guess that founder pack is what the key redeemed as so I don't need that. I would like this RIse of Flight game though.

I was able to get a key from my account I had made quite some time ago on their webpage, so I didn't pay anything to them. I would like the founder pack which seems it might be included in this IG bundle though.
what there was site fuck u i lost in freebies i got interstellar from theri site when they upgrapde everyone got rid of fre tier

what there was site fuck u i lost in freebies i got interstellar from theri site when they upgrapde everyone got rid of fre tier
I had created an account with them long before they had a steam release, so they emailed me and said it was all being transferred to steam and I could find a key my account page. Similar thing happened with Hawken, which I now wish I had a Hawken account for a while.

*Obligatory 'Hey Asheskitty how is <insert racing game here>' question*
Well squirrel summed up Mini Moto EV well. Multiplayer was okay, but I didn't feel it was that inspired. For top-down/isometric racers on steam the award really goes to Little Racers Street (currently in the Blink Bundle). That is one solid top-down racer.

Victory: The Age of Racing used to be free, but the dev shut down free when he got on early access (for F2P release, with new SP campaign, in addition to it's traditional MP focus). It has been around for years so honestly I don't expect any rough edges. I haven't played it.

I had created an account with them long before they had a steam release, so they emailed me and said it was all being transferred to steam and I could find a key my account page. Similar thing happened with Hawken, which I now wish I had a Hawken account for a while.
yup i wish i have account there

Hmm... I want Victory and Rise of Flight... 

Buy in now for $4 (before it rises to $6)... or risk gifting being pulled in hope of a Fox-Light Special.

Just wait for happy hour.. this bundle looks like it'll have one.
I'm kind of leaning that way... I mean Victory will revert to F2P sometime and Rise of Flight should hit $4ish eventually, should HH not happen. Also my stalling, may simply cross the 12-hour mark anyway. ;)'

Why do you say that?

I thought Hawken was a free game

bread's done
Back