[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

Super stoked that Cubetractor got added. I was hunting it down before bed and couldn't decide between Flying Bundle for $3 with nothing else of interest (Perfection looks so awesome -_-) or just buying it from the Humble store for $1.

46342596.jpg
ftfy

Is it maybe that a better bonus never materialised and so they had to come up with a much more underwhelming one and so dropped it in the $1 tier?
This is what I was thinking. They had something planned and it fell through, so they had to scramble for a backup and extend the bundle a bunch of times before they got something.

Never done Happy Hour before.

I have bought before from IndieGala....twice.

That was when Deadly Prem was bundled + RF Bundle.

Didn't pay too much attention to what Happy Hour is.
Happy is basically you buy a HH bundle from for like $2 or less. So PM if you are interested. And you know you are because that interstellar marines game has mutant sharks.

I know fox is doing his group but if anyone is interested in these now (or later) hit me up.   I've taken to stockpiling these.

Paid $32.75 (20 copies)

$1.64 per copy

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy is basically you buy a HH bundle from for like $2 or less. So PM if you are interested. And you know you are because that interstellar marines game has mutant sharks.
Let me see if I'm reading this right.

To do HH, you must buy Top Tier and mark it "as a gift."

1st time purchase = 2 for price of 1.

[I ain't bought this bundle, BTW - I'd be here, I guess]

Bought Top Tier (Went over) already and buy again = 3 for 1.

Do the above, but you did that in 1st week = 4 for 1.

Let me see if I'm reading this right.

To do HH, you must buy Top Tier and mark it "as a gift."

1st time purchase = 2 for price of 1.

[I ain't bought this bundle, BTW - I'd be here, I guess]

Bought Top Tier (Went over) already and buy again = 3 for 1.

Do the above, but you did that in 1st week = 4 for 1.
I explain it here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/326877-cheaplikeafoxs-official-indiegala-group-buy-thread/#entry11502678

Under the "How It Works" spoiler.

Happy Hour is basically a BoGo event.  

If you bought it b4 you can get Buy One, Get Two Extra.

If you bought it First week you get Buy One, Get Three Extra.

It also stacks with the Gift Bundle packs (Buy multiple @ lower price).

I bought 5 @ $32.75, got 15 extra (since I bought this in first week @ $4). 

Giving me 20 copies vs $32.75 ($1.64 each).

Happy Hour is basically a BoGo event.

If you bought it b4 you can get Buy One, Get Two Extra.

If you bought it First week you get Buy One, Get Three Extra.

It also stacks with the Gift Bundle packs (Buy multiple @ lower price).

I bought 5 @ $32.75, got 15 extra (since I bought this in first week @ $4).

Giving me 20 copies vs $32.75 ($1.64 each).
Don't forget to take into account the cost of the initial bundle. You should get the benefit of a group buy if you are hosting. Why would you pay $4 for your bundle and everyone else pay less than half that?

Don't forget to take into account the cost of the initial bundle. You should get the benefit of a group buy if you are hosting. Why would you pay $4 for your bundle and everyone else pay less than half that?
Your right, I said this b4 in the thread but I don't see my original purchase as a factor.

I buy these bundles anyways, I buy them during Happy Hour to give to friends/family since they really don't cost me anything. I buy more then I need to give because people will always want these later (as I want previous bundles but can't find). The more I buy, the less it costs me for the ones I give out. That's where I see me making back my investment.

I get my $4 on the original purchase out of the $$$ I save for the copies I would send to friends/family. Simple as that really.

If anyone ever wants a bundle (or previous one) have them PM me. I might have what they want.

I've never really dug much into Gala, since I joined.

But, holy crap - I jumped on Gala Giveaway area; and I got like 849,000 GW Points!

Don't try to figure out HH. There's quantum Gala logic involved. Just leave it to the experienced hosters to do.

I mean I realize asking MysterD to not analyze something to death and write a huge disseration about it is asking a lot, but really it's easier to just give someone $2 and call it good.

I've never really dug much into Gala, since I joined.

But, holy crap - I jumped on Gala Giveaway area; and I got like 849,000 GW Points!
Which is good for not very much worth a damn at all.

I'm sure Fox has a crazy amount on his account. He's been helping people for a LONG time
I have 50 Million +

I used to convert them to gala giveaway points and enter stuff, but then they started doing the same contributor only giveaways like Steamgifts so anything non-contributor was just leftover keys from IG bundles, which I already have.

I spend like a few hundred once or twice a year whenver IG Store has a good deal.

Don't try to figure out HH. There's quantum Gala logic involved. Just leave it to the experienced hosters to do.

I mean I realize asking MysterD to not analyze something to death and write a huge disseration about it is asking a lot, but really it's easier to just give someone $2 and call it good.

Which is good for not very much worth a damn at all.
Alright, prepare for long dissertation...

Sorry, but...no dissertation this time.

:D

I have 50 Million +

I used to convert them to gala giveaway points and enter stuff, but then they started doing the same contributor only giveaways like Steamgifts so anything non-contributor was just leftover keys from IG bundles, which I already have.

I spend like a few hundred once or twice a year whenver IG Store has a good deal.
Put them in your 401k.

Bleh missed the HH

Edit: Fox is da man... or da fox or da youknowwhatimean

So, am I the only one not seeing a group buy option for the Crapsule Bundle? I swear there was an option to buy in gift packs of like 5 or 10 when it first started.

So, am I the only one not seeing a group buy option for the Crapsule Bundle? I swear there was an option to buy in gift packs of like 5 or 10 when it first started.
Nope. It seems they changed it. You can buy low tier gifts now. The packs are gone.

hmm is the Capsule Computer IG Bundle worth buying at 4.99? hmm
It's hard to be certain without seeing any of the bonus games, but because I was interested in four of the items on offer (Dracula 4, Always Remember Me, Hero of the Kingdom, and Nightmares from the Deep), I bought in at the second tier.

They removed those yesterday so I don't know if they will be having a Happy Hour. Not taking reserves due to that. If something comes around then I can host.

The Capsule bundle started with "Buy 10 gift bundle option" for like $32 bucks which to my knowledge none of those kinds of bundle ever get happy hours. The buy 10 gift bundle option was basically there solution to no happy hours for that kind of bundles.

The Capsule bundle started with "Buy 10 gift bundle option" for like $32 bucks which to my knowledge none of those kinds of bundle ever get happy hours. The buy 10 gift bundle option was basically there solution to no happy hours for that kind of bundles.
It actually started with the 5 gift pack option first, then they changed it to buy 10, then they removed it altogether.

bread's done
Back