[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

In for a dollar on Crapsule for Always Remember Me. I kinda liked the demo, and I keep hoping one of these days the publisher will figure out that they can occasionally have deep sales and still make money.

Seriously, I had to drop $10 just to try girls version Heileen 3. **** that.

I'll grab it for Dracula 4 at GOG.

Now where's the Interstellar Happy Hour... ;_;

Edit: Huh, I'm surprised Raiden Legacy isn't on Steam... I wish we'd gotten a GOG key for it at least. Meh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm losing hope on HH for Interstellar. Has it ever come down this close?
Once they let the clock run down completely and then extended and then did HH.

So there is hope, but it is slim. If it doesn't happen it has to be because of the uproar about Maureens.

Yeah.  Sucks.  First one in forever I actually wanted.  Wasn't very intelligent of them to have that collector's edition in there.  Would have been fine with just one copy of the base game.

>.< Honestly I didn't/don't care about that early access game... I was eyeing Sang-Froid, Beat Boxing, and Pixeljunk...

I hope those FPS weenies don't ruin HH.

@dys006 forbidden emails? Yes I used my @me.com email. I didn't see a mention that it was forbidden. Never seen that before anywhere. Wish they had prompted me about that when I put in my info when signing up.

@dys006 forbidden emails? Yes I used my @me.com email. I didn't see a mention that it was forbidden. Never seen that before anywhere. Wish they had prompted me about that when I put in my info when signing up.
It does clearly say not to (although I don't know why it doesn't flat out reject them....)

No, it actually does not state that anywhere on that bundle page! It does for the new bundle but not the Interstellar one. So bizarre. First time I've ever come across a requirement like that. Does anyone know why an iCloud email address is forbidden?

5LxV8sc.png

I'm not sure why the Interstellar doesn't show this message right now.

It's been their problem/policy for like a year now regarding those.

They messed up the Interstellar page. It usually would say this:

1. Do NOT use @me.com or @mac.com or @icloud.com addresses

But it doesn't on the interstellar page. I would email support and explain the situation. They will probably admonish you, but it is their fault.

Thanks guys. First I've heard of Indie Gala so didn't know the requirement has been around for a year or so. I'll definitely be more cautious. The thing is I've been emailing support since Monday. Already sent 3 or 4 emails since I thought it was so strange that I wasn't receiving a single email from them, even automated ones (e.g. confirmation with link after registering). The thing is the purchase did go through as my card has already been charged so not sure why I can't get a hold of anyone. I've been trying to contact support with my gmail address in case they can't receive any emails from an iCloud address which seems so strange. 

No, it actually does not state that anywhere on that bundle page! It does for the new bundle but not the Interstellar one. So bizarre. First time I've ever come across a requirement like that. Does anyone know why an iCloud email address is forbidden?
Weird, I checked the main page and it's definitely mentioned there. I'd guess that Apple is blocking emails from Google's App Engine service.

They messed up the Interstellar page. It usually would say this:

1. Do NOT use @me.com or @mac.com or @icloud.com addresses

But it doesn't on the interstellar page. I would email support and explain the situation. They will probably admonish you, but it is their fault.
IndieGala Response: "Dear, if you would have not fuck ing used a fuck ing Apple email address, you would have fuck ing got your fuck ing keys....Dear"

I still remember mistyping my email by one character and purchasing a bundle...this was a while back. I remember sending support receipts from paypal showing how my paypal email didn't match my purchase email among other things. They kept saying how they couldn't see it and wouldn't give anything. I got so pissed figuring it was an easy fix, but not for them!

Hmmm... have they done a HH ever since they started this 'get in early for a lower BTA' deal?  Or is the Interstellar the first time they've done it?  Maybe that promo is meant to replace HH.

I still remember mistyping my email by one character and purchasing a bundle...this was a while back. I remember sending support receipts from paypal showing how my paypal email didn't match my purchase email among other things. They kept saying how they couldn't see it and wouldn't give anything. I got so pissed figuring it was an easy fix, but not for them!
I did that the first time I bought from them. They fixed it within about 20 minutes after their first response and sent me the proper link. I guess they've gotten a lot better about it.

Hmmm... have they done a HH ever since they started this 'get in early for a lower BTA' deal? Or is the Interstellar the first time they've done it? Maybe that promo is meant to replace HH.
I was wondering the same thing. I'm only interested in one game from the higher tier of the Capsule bundle. I'll either wait for a HH if there is one or just see if anyone's selling it in the trading thread.

Hmmm... have they done a HH ever since they started this 'get in early for a lower BTA' deal? Or is the Interstellar the first time they've done it? Maybe that promo is meant to replace HH.
Yeah, they've been doing this get in early scheme the last few bundles and had HH for them. If you paid attention to the bundles instead of declaring them all horrible you would know this!

Yeah, they've been doing this get in early scheme the last few bundles and had HH for them.
Ah, I've never paid attention to whenever these new IG bundles start - I mostly see them after they've been up for a while, so I never know what goes on with their pricing. Good to know.

Yeah, my first IndieGala I used my @mac.com, immediately noticed afterwards that it said not to, and had to e-mail support. They were cool about it, helped me connect the purchase to a gmail account.

They never called me "dear," though. I feel left out.

Sweet, I'm in for a BTA while the price is low. I only have Hero of the Kingdom and skipped Raiden in the Groupees Retro2 bundle.

I'm loving the bundle scene right now. My wife isn't though. ;)

Yeah, my first IndieGala I used my @mac.com, immediately noticed afterwards that it said not to, and had to e-mail support. They were cool about it, helped me connect the purchase to a gmail account.

They never called me "dear," though. I feel left out.
cause ur ask them was freakon hassle for them he h

Once they let the clock run down completely and then extended and then did HH.

So there is hope, but it is slim. If it doesn't happen it has to be because of the uproar about Maureens.
I think I'll lock my purchase on Paypal ~3mins before bundle ends. If they don't extend it, I'll let the payment go through. I highly doubt that I can't get the bundle in that way after it times out. Even if I don't get Steam keys immediately, I guess, Gala's support rather give me them later than my money back. If they start a happy hour, I'll just cancel the payment.

Hahaha... so the Interstellar bundle time remaining countdown just went from 1 day 00 hours 00 minutes 00 seconds to 29 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds.  I wish I was on Indie Gala standard time. I'd easily take an extra 6 hours every day.

It looks like they fixed the glitch though and now there's 23 hours left. Still no happy hour though.

Hahaha... so the Interstellar bundle time remaining countdown just went from 1 day 00 hours 00 minutes 00 seconds to 29 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds. I wish I was on Indie Gala standard time. I'd easily take an extra 6 hours every day.

It looks like they fixed the glitch though and now there's 23 hours left. Still no happy hour though.
Yeah, 24 hours left I'd start to panic, but then no last bonus unlocked then I would say it's going to be extended again. Would be foolish to unlock the bonus and let the bundle die without getting any sales from the bonus.

Yeah, 24 hours left I'd start to panic, but then no last bonus unlocked then I would say it's going to be extended again. Would be foolish to unlock the bonus and let the bundle die without getting any sales from the bonus.
Yeah, but there's only so many extra sales they could make from the hype of the second copy of Rush Bros. yet to unlock.

With 10 hours to go and the final unlock yet to be revealed, it seems likely they'd extend it, giving HH at least one final chance.

C'mon Gala.

Not that you can actually buy the bundle right now, but word of warning to anyone expecting three copies of Interstellar Marines if you buy this, they have removed the regular edition Steam key if you BTA.

It was there when I first bought the bundle and I never wrote it down anywhere.  Yesterday when I went to write down spare keys I noticed it wasn't there anymore so it seems you either get the regular edition or if you BTA the special edition, not both anymore.  

EDIT: And it's back - False Alarm.  

Not that you can actually buy the bundle right now, but word of warning to anyone expecting three copies of Interstellar Marines if you buy this, they have removed the regular edition Steam key if you BTA.

It was there when I first bought the bundle and I never wrote it down anywhere. Yesterday when I went to write down spare keys I noticed it wasn't there anymore so it seems you either get the regular edition or if you BTA the special edition, not both anymore.
hh maybe now ? causi think that was miscomunnitation sincei went there and isnt that kind of bad they fuck late buyeres hh fuck u gala and zero point go likc each toher eog h eh fuck there goes smy plan to gget two for friends blah blah bla blah did the other bundlle drop 30cents from yesterday?

It was there when I first bought the bundle and I never wrote it down anywhere. Yesterday when I went to write down spare keys I noticed it wasn't there anymore so it seems you either get the regular edition or if you BTA the special edition, not both anymore.
I think this is not the first time IG removed a game after one bought it. This is very shady o their side. I don't know if I'll keep buying from them from now on if they can just remove something you paid for

Not that I care about that game, but if someone tell me "hey, look a this, 15 copies of bad rats at $1000", I look at it and accept the terms and buy it, I expect my 15 copies, nothing less, nothing more. If then they remove something, It can be classified as fraud.

Just my opinion. I may be wrong.

Buy $1-tier and then upgrade to $6-tier :D

Eh, seems like a decent enough compromise.  Was silly to put it in there twice to begin with.  And if it gets us a HH, so be it.

That's odd. The regular edition key is still on my IndieGala profile page just above the Spearhead edition key.

Less than 6 hours left. I'm surprised they've held out this long. The IG manageer is not human - he is like a piece of iron.
*meanwhile, in IndieGala headquarters*

Antonio: *driving a vespa in circles* Hey, there, Flavio!

Flavio: *looks up from eating pizza* Yes, dear?

Antonio: Were we supposed to be doing something about now?

Flavio: Just eating this amazing pizza. Why?

Antonio: I just got this feeling like we were supposed to be doing something, dear.

Flavio: Dear, it's just your imagination.

Antonio: Sounds good to me.

*Disclaimer: The author does not believe real Italians act or speak anything like this. This reenactment is for entertainment purposes only.

So I will probably buckle in the last few minutes and but this bundle. Problem is the buy function isn't working at the moment and it's been for a while. It would be pretty messed up if I missed the ability to buy the bundle if IG doesn't get their purchase ability back up before the deal ends.

They can let it expire before extending it. I think they've done that before.
They have so that is nothing new.

Someone already posted on their facebook about the buy function being gone...for hours.

That's IG's problem, their complete lack of communication. They change rules for HH without informing people and they just lack any clear communication. If they just communicated things with people clearly, no one would have an issue. If there is no HH for a bundle, announce it at the beginning so people can buy in at they early price if they want to, etc.

Not sure if it's a cultural thing or them being clueless. They seem to have a mindset that their customers are the enemy sometimes. They've never, ever answered any questions about HH on facebook or twitter during any of the bundles, which I think is funny.

bread's done
Back