[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

Crapsule is most likely not getting a HH. It is listed as a weekly and gift pack/10 pack/etc. options were removed from the bundle like the second or third day. They are doing a physical mouse giveaway for the top two contributors and I believe they removed packs to avoid group buyers from unfairly winning the mice and screwing over individual contributors. Of course, it's too late for that, but galogic never made sense.
How much is a HH pack for the Flight bundle going for Fox?

Crapsule is most likely not getting a HH. It is listed as a weekly and gift pack/10 pack/etc. options were removed from the bundle like the second or third day. They are doing a physical mouse giveaway for the top two contributors and I believe they removed packs to avoid group buyers from unfairly winning the mice and screwing over individual contributors. Of course, it's too late for that, but galogic never made sense.
I feel like a goddamn ninja for buying in on that Crapsule bundle at its lowest price... and then reserving a spot for the Rise of Flight HH.

Of course, that means there will be a HH for Crapsule now that I've jinxed it. As always, you're welcome.

I'm running a Phenom II X4 myself and it works just fine for what I need. Mine is on the cheaper side of things. I was going to order a tri-core myself, but was afraid of getting stuck with a dead or unstable fourth core.
same reason I bought mine, plus it was only 20 dollars more for a guaranteed working 4th core after watching my wife's cousin getting a tri core with a dead 4th core. (he activated it and instant blue screens when windows would load) no blue screens after disabling the 4th core.

It was. At the time, games didn't use more than two cores. And the tri-core was 95W while the quad-core was 125W... which was another factor. (I like quiet air-cooled rigs.)
I'm still running the Phenom II x4 955 BE 125 W, but I purchased the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO because the stock cooler was too loud at full loads. run the processor at about 4.2 GHZ during the winter (the north can't seem to keep their cold contained) and 3.8 during the summer (texas heat)

same reason I bought mine, plus it was only 20 dollars more for a guaranteed working 4th core after watching my wife's cousin getting a tri core with a dead 4th core. (he activated it and instant blue screens when windows would load) no blue screens after disabling the 4th core.

I'm still running the Phenom II x4 955 BE 125 W, but I purchased the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO because the stock cooler was too loud at full loads. run the processor at about 4.2 GHZ during the winter (the north can't seem to keep their cold contained) and 3.8 during the summer (texas heat)
Actually I got my Phenom II x3 720 BE right after release.. unlocking hadn't been done yet, iirc. It was a large price differential between it and the 4-cores... and i was expecting to drop in a new CPU in two years.

So people are having issues with their bundle pages (mine included) where you click on the Steam Key or Desura button and the it just moves the button around but never reveals the key.  Definitely not the case for yesterday, I'm assuming some sort of general IG glitch that will go away, but can anyone who bought their bundle individual confirm they are having the same issue?

So people are having issues with their bundle pages (mine included) where you click on the Steam Key or Desura button and the it just moves the button around but never reveals the key. Definitely not the case for yesterday, I'm assuming some sort of general IG glitch that will go away, but can anyone who bought their bundle individual confirm they are having the same issue?
LOL seriously?

Makes me glad I redeemed my keys yesterday.

So people are having issues with their bundle pages (mine included) where you click on the Steam Key or Desura button and the it just moves the button around but never reveals the key. Definitely not the case for yesterday, I'm assuming some sort of general IG glitch that will go away, but can anyone who bought their bundle individual confirm they are having the same issue?
Sound's like a feature :p

Yes. It's an issue with their JS or HTML (I didn't bother to figure out which.)

For a quick and dirty solution until they fix it, you can do the following to reveal the keys:

Open the JavaScript console in your browser (Ctrl+Shift+K in Firefox, Ctrl+Shift+I in Chrome) and run the following:

Code:
$("#steam-key .option").toggle();

Same IG bundle, too.... :rofl:
Those games were distributed through GamersGate though.

I personally don't see why there is any doubt. They've added 7 keys themselves while the others had Desura or GOG keys and were retrieved from those services. There was only one time where you had to e-mail (unless you were impatient) and they claim it's due to Strategy First not communicating with Indie Gala for the distribution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the Smooth Operators dev gave them Desura keys a long time ago and told them to add them to people's accounts but they never did and just sat on them, but would give them if people wrote in, except very few people knew to do that.

So yeah they are scheisty Eye-talians sometimes.

As for those GG/Gun Metal keys they were Gamersgate not GOG. Not sure about Nosferatu, I'd have to look.

Oh and on the subject of Gala and questionable key situatuions. Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Lands is coming out on Steam today. The dev said he would give keys to the various bundle sites but I am unclear if that even includes the Indie Gala bundles where they just distributed the mobile version in spite of several of us writing them to tell them there was a PC version and asking if they could please look into getting that (which they did in a later bundle but did not retro add it to the existing ones :roll:).

Oh and on the subject of Gala and questionable key situatuions. Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Lands is coming out on Steam today. The dev said he would give keys to the various bundle sites but I am unclear if that even includes the Indie Gala bundles where they just distributed the mobile version in spite of several of us writing them to tell them there was a PC version and asking if they could please look into getting that (which they did in a later bundle but did not retro add it to the existing ones :roll:).
FWIW, I played The Wasted Land on Android because I was excited about seeing another CoC game. Unfortunately, it's hard as balls. I haven't even been able to get past the first battle, so I have no desire to own it on Steam.

Okay so Kiss said they are struggling to find out who supplied Nosferatu to Indie Gala and trying to contact them about it.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/283290/discussions/0/558749824409167833/#c558749824441676554

Kiss Ltd [developer] 8 minutes ago

See separate thread. Guilty Gear and Gun Metal were supplied to Dwarves bundle by GamersGate and we used them to distribute the Steam keys for those titles to the users. This game was not via GamersGate and we are struggling to find out who did supply it. Waiting for IndieGala to provide some clues.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/283290/discussions/0/558749824427811653/#c558749824440795563

OK. This is odd. Guilty Gear and Gun Metal that were on the Dwarves bundle was managed by GamersGate, and we supplied all Steam keys through them. They have just told me they did not do Nosferatu on this bundle, as they have only just hosted the game from this launch. Will try and find out more from IndieGala.
The other keys were apparently easier for them to distribute since they were able to bypass Indie Gala and just supply them through Gamersgate.

Okay so Kiss said they are struggling to find out who supplied Nosferatu to Indie Gala and trying to contact them about it.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/283290/discussions/0/558749824409167833/#c558749824441676554

http://steamcommunity.com/app/283290/discussions/0/558749824427811653/#c558749824440795563

The other keys were apparently easier for them to distribute since they were able to bypass Indie Gala and just supply them through Gamersgate.
Wait, so if I check my GG account, I should have Steam keys for those games now?

That's the first reason I've had to log in to GG since I bought that bundle.

Wait, so if I check my GG account, I should have Steam keys for those games now?

That's the first reason I've had to log in to GG since I bought that bundle.
For Guilty Gear Isuka and Gun Metal, yes. KISS had Steam keys added some time ago to everyone's Gamersgate accounts, including the people who redeemed to GG from the IG bundle.

That's what I've never understood about IG.  They routinely add keys to bundles when they reveal their bonus games, so it can't be too difficult to do the same for a greenlight game, yet they refuse to do so.  

That's what I've never understood about IG. They routinely add keys to bundles when they reveal their bonus games, so it can't be too difficult to do the same for a greenlight game, yet they refuse to do so.
Maybe they just hide codes before reveal, but they are actually assigned to account.

Their site is (probably) awfully coded and they are just afraid it would break if they did anything :p

Maybe they just hide codes before reveal, but they are actually assigned to account.

Their site is (probably) awfully coded and they are just afraid it would break if they did anything :p
But if that was the case, then wouldn't they be able to unhide them whenever some people's bundles end up missing keys? But they don't, they just email you a key instead.

But if that was the case, then wouldn't they be able to unhide them whenever some people's bundles end up missing keys? But they don't, they just email you a key instead.
Depends on how it's coded.

They probably have table for games and assigned keys and use SQL Join to get games with keys.

If they use inner join to get keys, missing key for a game would cause whole row not to show.

Using outer join would cause empty key (null) to show instead.

(And yes inner join is default.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Join_%28SQL%29

I am also annoyed that I can't add Fox supplied bundles to my profile so I can keep track of everything using their site instead of having to keep all of my emails or recover my keys every once in a while.

I am also annoyed that I can't add Fox supplied bundles to my profile so I can keep track of everything using their site instead of having to keep all of my emails or recover my keys every once in a while.
I wouldn't trust IndieGala to hold my beer while I take a whiz, let alone trust them to hold my keys. I redeem/copy paste them immediately.

Not that they'd drink my beer but I wouldn't put it past them to slip a roofie in it.

Gemini Wars unlocked as final game in the Capsule bundle.
I still do not have this game as impossible as that sounds. I was thinking of buying this bundle so I was hoping for a non-repeat.

I better check out the Flying Bundle again before I make a decision. I passed on that one for a reason that I have now forgotten.

You know, it lets me do it with some of them and not with others. I have no idea why. I doubt they do either. Nothing they do it is consistent or makes any sense to me.

Only 4hrs left on Real World Racing.

Rise of Flight bundle looks good, only 1 repeat (for me) so happy hour buy will = win!

Everyone? That infers more than one person ... weird.
You're going to make me go grammar Nazi on your ass, huh?

gzLNM3U.png

bread's done
Back