Penny Guides at BestBuy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
shipping price sux, wonder if you print it out if BB would PM there own website, hell it's probably in the stores system to so save on shipping and go your local BB.

The only other game there that might merit time spent with a guide is Star Wars Battlefront. Anyone needing a guide for 'The Incredibles' game probably isn't capable of reading it.

[quote name='davczar']All the guides are available for instore pick up at different stores in WI. Thanks OP!![/quote]

Yep instore pickup is the way to go, lol I can't wait to see what those Best Buy fucks say when I come to pick up my penny guide order.

Let me know if anyone runs across extra guides of Battlefront, DOA:U, The Incredibles (I don't need one, I just like having Incredibles stuff.. loved this movie, and for a penny, seriously, who's complaining?), and Smackdown vs. Raw..

can I just ask about one thing? Whats so good about the guides? I got one free with halo 2 but it really has no use.

EDIT:

Or is it like cheap video game decorations.

[quote name='Scorch']Let me know if anyone runs across extra guides of Battlefront, DOA:U, The Incredibles (I don't need one, I just like having Incredibles stuff.. loved this movie, and for a penny, seriously, who's complaining?), and Smackdown vs. Raw..[/quote]

I should have an extra Smackdown Vs. Raw I'll send you, assuming this in store pick up thing works

[quote name='epobirs']Anyone needing a guide for 'The Incredibles' game probably isn't capable of reading it.[/quote]
HARSH!

...but true.

Devil customer here... Ordered SW and DOA for store pick up!!!

ha ha...

I guess we need to wait for an email telling us our order is ready for store pick up.

[quote name='fwacce']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=cat02171

Sort by Price to list them all. The bad thing is that they charge $5 shipping for EACH one, no matter how many you order. Best Buy's suckage increases every day. Of course, you could try and find them at your local store to save on shipping.[/quote]

Thank you so much for this fabulous find OP

FYI: if you ever come across anymore post like this please consider posting them in the guides thread as well

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12584&start=0

again thank you

Confirming store inventory at ************; on average within 60 minutes when store is open.

This is where they magically disappear so when you go into store they are not there. sorry your credit card will be refunded type thingy...

I hope not...

It sucks that you can't do an instore pickup on an item that's sold out. Or I couldn't find on a way how to.

Hope my card can handle that .05 hit..... ;)

Thanks OP!

Oh, and to the person that asked, to me guides are just a nice collectable. For some games, mainly RPGs, I'll pay full price, but I'll pick up the .01 guides for any game. :)

i.e. sharktales last time i went to best buy. why? who the heck really needs that guide? no one, but its cool to go into a store, pay with a quarter and then get change.

[quote name='Sway']It sucks that you can't do an instore pickup on an item that's sold out. Or I couldn't find on a way how to.[/quote]
There's a link written below the description that says "check in-store availability".... or something like that.

Thanks OP, a $0.06 well spent.

They should be but if they are not, just find a computer in store and place an order there (in store pick up of course). I really don't want BB ***** with my card, even for a few measly cents.

Besides, I love bringing up stuff with $100+ total price value to the register and paying for it with a quarter.

Ill find out about the in store pricing when I pick up my guides in an hour... I have already received notice to pick up my order too :D ... really hoping Star Ocean is in stock in my BB

Dont have ANY of the games yet, but plan on trading a few of them, and saving the others for later when I pick up some of these... did that with WarioWorld (not that you NEED THAT guide) and Mario Party 4 and Soul Calibur 2

I dont really use the ones I have too often unless it is an RPG, but i like having a complete package for ebay's sake

I really would order this if the shipping wasn't insane, but I just feel like too much of a dick showing up to buy 4 cents worth of stuff.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Can you trade game guides in at Gamerush or any other chain type stores?[/quote]

Every used guide I've seen at gamestop/eb lately (and it's rare) has been priced at $1.99 or $0.99, so I doubt you will get much of anything for them.

[quote name='rockhero']I really would order this if the shipping wasn't insane, but I just feel like too much of a dick showing up to buy 4 cents worth of stuff.[/quote]

Heh, with the amount of money I spend at that place I dare them to give me grief over it. Just this past year I've bought a 55" tv and a digital camera, on top of tons of movies, games, pc parts, etc. I'd say they've gotten their money outta me, so I have no shame in picking up some .01 guides.

EDIT: Oh, and if you have one nearby Rhino gives 1.00 for guides. That's not a lot, but it is 100x the amount you paid for it. ;)

says i can grab

3 nba Live 2005
3 Increables
3 Ninja turles
3 DOA
1 Smack down

all in store. Order all of them BUT i never seen any of these in store so i doubt they even have them in store

[quote name='"soulwish2003"']Devil customer here... Ordered SW and DOA for store pick up!!!

ha ha...

I guess we need to wait for an email telling us our order is ready for store pick up.[/quote]

I ordered mine with in store pickup and received the notice that they are ready for pickup. A whopping .02!

According to my order, 2 DOA:U guides, 1 Battlefront guide, 1 Crash Twinsanity, 2 Incredibles guides and 1 Smackdown vs. Raw guide should be waiting for me sometime this morning.

Picked up the DOA:U, Incredibles and Twinsanity guides for myself, the rest was for Scorch.

That is assuming that they don't dick me and say they're not available.

Thanks Pickup 5 Guides for $0.05 (Instore Pickup). Sadly Star Ocean is out of Stock but hope i can find it in store for $0.01 ;)

WWE Smackdown! vs. RAW
The Incredibles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Crash Bandicoot: Twinsanity

I guess their website/store inventory levels are not real time.
None of the 4 guides I ordered, that were allegedly available at the store, are there.
Of course, the email says this:
" Call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) to check product availability at a different store or to have the item shipped directly to you via free ground shipping."
Wonder if I could push that....

I just got a confirmed Email saying that i can pick up

3 nba live 2005 and 3 Increadables for a total of 6 cents :)

Bad thing is i got to print out the shipping sheet and i dont have a printer so i got to wait till tomorrow.

[quote name='dtcarson']I guess their website/store inventory levels are not real time.
None of the 4 guides I ordered, that were allegedly available at the store, are there.
Of course, the email says this:
" Call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) to check product availability at a different store or to have the item shipped directly to you via free ground shipping."
Wonder if I could push that....[/quote]

Call them and get them to waive the shipping charges, since it's their system that screwed up. It's their fault and you shouldn't get dicked over it.

Called my store to check on it, and they said my order should go through OK, though the Star Ocean guides "were packed up and shipped out the door this morning". WTF?

I just called BB and they said just bring in the order numbers so im going to go in around 10 mins what it says i can pick up

6x NBA LIVE 2005 Guides
6x INCREADABLES
1 Smackdown vs raw

so if anyone needs NBA live or Incredibles let me know

[quote name='MrFriday18']shipping price sux, wonder if you print it out if BB would PM there own website, hell it's probably in the stores system to so save on shipping and go your local BB.[/quote]

No they will not. I got into a HUGE argument with one of their managers about this before. i was trying to buy a box set of the West Wing Season 1 and their online site had it about $10 cheaper than the store, but they would not PM the online price. bastards.

It's the same damn company! ](*,) :censored:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back