Pepsi's "Drink up, Rock out" promotion - Win DLC and Games! STARTS JUNE 2ND!

I entered around 24 codes and got the lost screen about 4 times, but in the play history its only showing redeem codes for alittle more than HALF of them!

If anyone cares I entered my final 15 codes around 1:30 in the morning EST and won on them all. I got 4 codes today so I'll try them shortly I guess. That'll net me the final wii game I want.

Huh, looks like you can add me to the list of people who just lost for the first time... got my first "Try Again" today on my 48th point (second point I played today).

You can tell it's an overly generous promotion when people react with utter shock to losing, lol

[quote name='CYRiX']If anyone gets a 360 DLC code and wants to sell it I'd buy it for like $0.25 or something.[/QUOTE]

A Capt. Lowball emerges!

I just put in a bunch of codes as well and it seems as though it gave me the you won video quite a bit. THEN i checked my account history and it showed try again for a bunch that I know were winners. I saw a couple other people had this happen but has anyone said anything about it or have trouble tickets in with pepsirockband.com reagarding this?

Is there any reason to not redeem your prize as soon as the "You Won" screen pops up?

Personally, I enter all my codes in, play one, redeem the prize, enter the code into my Wii, redeem the Wii Code, the play the next point. All works smoothly. :)

[quote name='Mirpkered']I just put in a bunch of codes as well and it seems as though it gave me the you won video quite a bit. THEN i checked my account history and it showed try again for a bunch that I know were winners. I saw a couple other people had this happen but has anyone said anything about it or have trouble tickets in with pepsirockband.com reagarding this?[/QUOTE]
I sent in a help ticket, I think it was through yahoo. 25% of my wins were deemed losses...

I doubt anything will be done about it but its worth a try.

[quote name='UncleBob']Is there any reason to not redeem your prize as soon as the "You Won" screen pops up?

Personally, I enter all my codes in, play one, redeem the prize, enter the code into my Wii, redeem the Wii Code, the play the next point. All works smoothly. :)[/QUOTE]

I don't always put in my redeem song right then as I'm hoping that some new DLC will be available in the way of actual songs on the rock band list. But I was definitly disappointed when I saw the you won video only to be condradicted by the your account menu.

Wow. They must have fixed something or broken something. I am starting to wonder if all those wins were bugs and now it is working the way they planned it from the start?

I guess the only good news to come from this is the fact they are still working on the site. Hopefully we get more songs this week. Last week on Monday was when we got those new 5 songs, correct?

[quote name='CYRiX']If anyone gets a 360 DLC code and wants to sell it I'd buy it for like $0.25 or something.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zenintrude']A Capt. Lowball emerges! [/QUOTE]
AND:
lolfeh.png

:shame:
FAIL!

On a sad note...I lost for the 1st time. I'm now 69/70.

But on a more positive note...I was at my local K-Mart and they had coupons on a display of Pepsi. The coupons were read: At Any Retail Location Buy 2 Pepsi 20 oz. Get 1 Free. I took some and went to a gas station and got 3 Pepsi's for 2.22.

I wanted to say that I as a fellow CAG won one of the 360 RB2 SE Bundles after only 5 tries at the instant win game. Now just gotta wait the 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just went 4/4 for tonight. As of now im 50/53. Everytime I played tonight I held my breath lol. Ive gotten used to just winning everytime and last night was a rude awaking for me when I lost 3 out of my 4 caps even though I played after midnight.

[quote name='FLSHADOW74']I wanted to say that I as a fellow CAG won one of the 360 RB2 SE Bundles after only 5 tries at the instant win game. Now just gotta want the 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.[/QUOTE]

Congrats

[quote name='FLSHADOW74']I wanted to say that I as a fellow CAG won one of the 360 RB2 SE Bundles after only 5 tries at the instant win game. Now just gotta want the 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.[/QUOTE]

Wow, lucky. I tried for the first time last night on accident when I was at the selection screen for the 3 systems I thought it was for the DLC and pressed enter at the same time I released my mistake. I lost and wasted my only pepsi cap, it was right when I went to bed and I knew I should have just gone to sleep.

^^^ I wouldnt doubt it. Wii owners are really using and abusing this promotion. Wish they could fix this for the people who honestly do want a chance at a song or a bundle.

i finally lost one one of the codes i entered for songs tonight. funny thing though, i entered 2 codes, played the first one, it said i won, played the 2nd one, said i won too. when i went to my account to redeem them for songs the 2nd one said try again instead of redeem for token...

oh well, still like 43/44. can't complain.

[quote name='dragonwarriorx']^^^ I wouldnt doubt it. Wii owners are really using and abusing this promotion. Wish they could fix this for the people who honestly do want a chance at a song or a bundle.[/QUOTE]

Blaim the Wii really, for not doing codes to songs like PS360... World of Goo I got came with a code, direct to title purchase so it can work, just that DLC for games can't, Look at something like My Life as King, inside the game is it's own shop, and you have to buy it through there.

It's a loophole they didn't fix, and they didn't realize the first time around they ran out.

This is probably the best thing ever for any Wii owners right now. Wonderful points to spend.

I have 9+19 codes (5600 pts) yet to enter... hoping my usb keyboard will work and I don't have to 'mote everything :whistle2:#

[quote name='Tuesdaysnopes']It says on the site that they are out of Wii tokens and to check back later in the week.[/QUOTE]

They ran out again??? how does one run out so fast?

[quote name='KaneRobot']I have now lost four in a row. Two back to back early evening last night, and two this morning.

Looks like the honeymoon is over.[/QUOTE]

Did they fix the algorithm? 5000 wins but it's random?

I guess it is over... :whistle2:#

So more caps to reach my goals... at least we still have more than a month and a half away.

I am afraid to buy the 20 ounce Pepsi for caps now. It isn't worth it if there is a chance of losing...

Time to hunt for caps!

Yeah. I just had another one bomb out. I'm done with this until we figure out what's going on...if they capped the number of tracks you can get or if they are being all gobbled up immediately upon "daily reset" or whatever.

i'm not buying any more pepsi's even though i wasn't drinking them i was getting them for family members to reap the benefit of the free points. I mean as soon as this stop being a sure thing....i stopped...I only enter them if family members give the caps to me now. I'm surprised they've been keeping this "sure thing" win going for as long as they have especially with the Nintendo points exploit.

yep, totally glad I didn't buy anything. Recycled caps ftw.

I just wish I wouldn't have been so slow to the Wii point party.

oh well, I've reaped probably close to $80 worth of wii points all free.

I can't really complain.

Did like SD and/or FW ever hop on this? Maybe why they have been running out/causing issues? haha those people are so awful.

So, I see I am not the only one who has recently lost. I cannot believe that on my out of 179 attempts I have now finally lost. Oh, well, I still have a lot of money left on my wife's meal plan that needs to be spent and even if I only win a few more times that is still a few more wins.

I have 9100 Wii Points on my console, and about 60$ worth of new VC/WiiWare games :)

I would love 4 more wins to make it 9900, and start saving up for my DSi.

I'd complain about it no longer being 100%, but this promotion yielded:

- Swords & Soldiers
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- Pulseman
- Onslaught
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord
- Tetris Party

plus two Rock Band songs on my PS3 and 1000 points on my DSi waiting for something good to come out.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I don't even have a Wii but can someone give me a Cliff's Notes on what the "Wii exploit" is?[/QUOTE]When you win and pick a song for Wii, you actually just get 200 Wii points that you can spend on anything.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']I'd complain about it no longer being 100%, but this promotion yielded:

- Swords & Soldiers
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- Pulseman
- Onslaught
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord
- Tetris Party

plus two Rock Band songs on my PS3 and 1000 points on my DSi waiting for something good to come out.[/QUOTE]

How is Pulseman and Onslaught?

[quote name='dodgeme']Have the rise against songs been added yet.[/QUOTE]

No they have not... they added new songs on Tuesday I believe... So hopefully they'll add some new ones to the list tomorrow...

In general, do Wii points ever expire? How about the ones from this promo? I might have to fire up the Wii and pick up a game or two after browsing the virtual console list, it would give me a reason to turn on the Wii more than once a year.

Also, looks like I took my first loss a few moments ago. :cry:

bread's done
Back