Pepsi's "Drink up, Rock out" promotion - Win DLC and Games! STARTS JUNE 2ND!

To those that are losing a lot, are you putting multiple codes in at once?

I do single codes, every other day or so, and that's worked well so far...

to whoever pm's me first, I have a xbox 360 redeem code for "troublemaker by weezer"

first to pm me can have it for free.

thanks and happy gaming

edit: code is gone, it took seven minutes

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mtxbass1']To those that are losing a lot, are you putting multiple codes in at once?

I do single codes, every other day or so, and that's worked well so far...[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that it's in someway ILLEGAL for them to fix the odds based on how many codes you submit at once... or fix the odds at all without being upfront about it.

I got some good news guys I got 11 DS codes and 4 Wii codes now up for trade for Xbox 360 Downloadable rock band Tracks if anymore people are interested throw me a PM , I know I sent a message earlier but I figure I'd give an update.

If anyoen cares I was 9/9 at my special time but only nabbed 2 caps today... both my own purchase doh!

I'll try them at my time again and see if it stays good.

I believe I'm 102/109 so far. My loses came in around 5-6pm one day, 10pm another and 1am on another

[quote name='ZForce915']This is bullshit. I won 120 times in a row before and now I'm 1 for the last 10 I've entered in the last two days.[/QUOTE]

It's alright, it's time for other people to win now. Still 0/3...

The time that its taken to get the wii codes back is longer than it was last time. I'd like to just get the remaining caps i've won done and over with.

[quote name='ZForce915']This is bullshit. I won 120 times in a row before and now I'm 1 for the last 10 I've entered in the last two days.[/QUOTE]

lol... it's bullshit that that out of 130 caps you've lost on 9 of them?

Wow.

Im hoping that the Wii codes are back tomorrow I mean come on its been like 7 days now, but they'll probably be gone the same day with so many people waiting to redeem a bunch of them.

yeah it still sucks I can't find any caps atm , I really wanted to get Times like these by the foo fighters X_X

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DrBrianFields']lol... it's bullshit that that out of 130 caps you've lost on 9 of them?

Wow.[/QUOTE]

I won on 136 in a row before losing. Lost on 137. Won on 138. They ran out of Wii points, again, (i have all the RB tracks, most [all but about ~60] bought before the promotion) so I've wasted 3 or 4 on a PS3 bundle and 1 on the weekly 360 drawing (I need one with HDMI). Sitting on 8 or 9 codes now. This promotion went from awesome to bullshit. Not winning is one thing, but not even having the prize you "won" and quite often saying you "won", but your account says try again... What the hell? Did they suddenly let sony's PR department take over the promotion?

[quote name='mietha']I won on 136 in a row before losing. Lost on 137. Won on 138. They ran out of Wii points, again, (i have all the RB tracks, most [all but about ~60] bought before the promotion) so I've wasted 3 or 4 on a PS3 bundle and 1 on the weekly 360 drawing (I need one with HDMI). Sitting on 8 or 9 codes now. This promotion went from awesome to bullshit. Not winning is one thing, but not even having the prize you "won" and quite often saying you "won", but your account says try again... What the hell? Did they suddenly let sony's PR department take over the promotion?[/QUOTE]

Well, it really shouldn't be any surprise that they both ran out of Wii points and are dragging their feet to bring them back. They've probably seen thousands of dollars of Wii points not get kicked back to the Rock Band guys... I'm guessing that EA/Harmonix gets a portion of profits from any Wii points used on the Rock Band DLC and they aren't seeing it benefit them. When you have people in this thread talking about how they've gotten 10000+ Wii points and don't intend to use them for Rock Band stuff then what incentive does a Pepsi/Rockband contest have to bring them back?

The reason they probably changed the fail rates is because nobody was biting on the sweepstakes. Now that points hold the potential to fail I'm sure more people are risking them on other items, too.

I get the frustration. It went from "freaking awesome" to "not as good but still a good deal"... but it certainly isn't bullshit as the ones who are getting disappointed usually speak louder than the rest.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']Well, it really shouldn't be any surprise that they both ran out of Wii points and are dragging their feet to bring them back. They've probably seen thousands of dollars of Wii points not get kicked back to the Rock Band guys... I'm guessing that EA/Harmonix gets a portion of profits from any Wii points used on the Rock Band DLC and they aren't seeing it benefit them. When you have people in this thread talking about how they've gotten 10000+ Wii points and don't intend to use them for Rock Band stuff then what incentive does a Pepsi/Rockband contest have to bring them back?

The reason they probably changed the fail rates is because nobody was biting on the sweepstakes. Now that points hold the potential to fail I'm sure more people are risking them on other items, too.

I get the frustration. It went from "freaking awesome" to "not as good but still a good deal"... but it certainly isn't bullshit as the ones who are getting disappointed usually speak louder than the rest.[/QUOTE]

:) My cry of bullshit was a little tongue-in-cheek...I'm mad that I'm loosing consistently now only because that isn't how it was before. But I also realize that I was never guaranteed a code with every cap.

I guess we need to wait then. They are dragging their feet but I know I took advantage. 38 lost out of 190 wins. I am said I going to wait. :) Funny thing is that I didn't get these from either ebay or a ballpark.

[quote name='mtxbass1']To those that are losing a lot, are you putting multiple codes in at once?

I do single codes, every other day or so, and that's worked well so far...[/QUOTE]

The issue I think is with Play again button.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']When you have people in this thread talking about how they've gotten 10000+ Wii points and don't intend to use them for Rock Band stuff then what incentive does a Pepsi/Rockband contest have to bring them back?[/QUOTE]

Avoiding a lawsuit? You can't state that one of the options is Wii tracks, and then not provide a means for people to collect such tracks. Incidentally, I don't have 10000 wii points from this and haven't been able to cash in any of my 8 or 9 winning entries yet. I want Wii RB tracks and probably will use some for other stuff too if that's an option. Anyway, the incentive is clear: the terms of the contest clearly state that we can get Wii RB tracks and they can't just stop giving them out just because they aren't happy with how it works.

[quote name='blissskr']Im hoping that the Wii codes are back tomorrow I mean come on its been like 7 days now, but they'll probably be gone the same day with so many people waiting to redeem a bunch of them.[/QUOTE]

I hope so too. Just want to redeem my wins that I have, tasted Mt Dew for the first time in a while the other day. Much better than Pepsi.

I haven't lost yet, but I haven't played since the losing started...

I have 7 points to play but I am afraid...

Until Wii Points are back, I am just going to hoard as many points as I can.

Just went 8/16 on DLC.

But Flame, when Wii points do come back dont you think there will be competition and more people trying to win Wii DLC, thus reducing the chances of winning.

[quote name='Got_Wii']Just went 8/16 on DLC.

But Flame, when Wii points do come back dont you think there will be competition and more people trying to win Wii DLC, thus reducing the chances of winning.[/QUOTE]

I am torn! I keep telling myself that someone on here will figure out the best time to play points or something. I am trying to be hopeful!

The idea is to find a non busy time. If you have 5k to give away in a day, figure that otut o how many a hour and then figure your odds with the different time zones ect. No one is sure how it's divided up now but I believe that it was always 100% chance of winning because less then 5000 caps were being used for songs in a day. Hell, this contest went on for a month or so before I knew about it.

[quote name='crunchewy']Avoiding a lawsuit? You can't state that one of the options is Wii tracks, and then not provide a means for people to collect such tracks. Incidentally, I don't have 10000 wii points from this and haven't been able to cash in any of my 8 or 9 winning entries yet. I want Wii RB tracks and probably will use some for other stuff too if that's an option. Anyway, the incentive is clear: the terms of the contest clearly state that we can get Wii RB tracks and they can't just stop giving them out just because they aren't happy with how it works.[/QUOTE]

Right right. I'll come support you in court when you bring about your lawsuit over 1600-1800 Wii points. Saving yourself $20 will be totally worth the hundreds of dollars to hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit. Threatening lawsuits is so Juvenile.

For the record though, the terms of the contest do not state that you can get Wii Rock Band tracks. It mentions downloadable tracks, but not specifically for the Wii.

I'm not saying that I would sue, but perhaps a consumers group would do the honors, or a "class action". Those seem to happen all the time. I, however, am not a lawyer (as if you didn't know that :), so perhaps there is some legal out that they have.

EDIT: Wii points still not working, but I did win another track this morning. 1/1

From @Pepsi on twitter on August 1st, "We're working on fixing the wii tokens... Thank you for your patience and understanding!"

So, nothing new, but they still say they are working on it. I'm wondering if they aren't trying to get Nintendo to update the store to allow for download codes that specify a specific item, or song in this case. Or does Nintendo even need to do anything? It seems like they could do this already - I got a download code for the Wii Speak Channel with the Animal Crossing City Folk bundle, and it only allowed for downloading that specific channel, though that was a channel and not add-on content. Maybe that is where the issue lay, and perhaps they are trying to get Nintendo to fix that? Who knows. I'll be happy with tracks, but if we get points, all the better.

I personally don't think they can do individual track codes for the Wii simply because of the code configurations. Nintendo only uses numbers in their 16-digit codes which severely limits the number of codes they can produce. Microsoft uses numbers AND letters in their 25-digit codes giving them many many more combinations. (I don't know how Sony does it) I think Nintendo uses these down times to REUSE the codes that have already been used. Just a thought...

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm not saying that I would sue, but perhaps a consumers group would do the honors, or a "class action". Those seem to happen all the time. I, however, am not a lawyer (as if you didn't know that :), so perhaps there is some legal out that they have.[/QUOTE]

Wow. No shit, you aren't a lawyer.

No, there is nothing to sue them for. Grow up.

If anyone is desperate for some Wii codes, I still have a few left over from before they last went out of stock, but would be trading at a premium to account for supply & demand, as well as my own needs (Wii points are worth more to me than the xbox songs).

I'd trade 3 Wii codes per 5 Xbox360 songs (of my choice, of course).

Hey folks, good news. Wii tokens are back! Unfortunately I can't tell you if you still get wii points or something else yet as I am not at home.

[quote name='crunchewy']Hey folks, good news. Wii tokens are back! Unfortunately I can't tell you if you still get wii points or something else yet as I am not at home.[/QUOTE]

Can someone PLEASE confirm if these tokens are 200 Wii Points or actual songs?

I am at work and cannot confirm until tonight!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Can someone PLEASE confirm if these tokens are 200 Wii Points or actual songs?

I am at work and cannot confirm until tonight![/QUOTE]

Still just 200 points

I don't know how long it will last, but I cashed in all 15 of my wins for different songs. Question: can you just request the same (Wii) song over and over or do you have to request different songs? Would save me some trouble if I knew I could just always pick a song from the first page even if I'd picked it before.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't know how long it will last, but I cashed in all 15 of my wins for different songs. Question: can you just request the same (Wii) song over and over or do you have to request different songs? Would save me some trouble if I knew I could just always pick a song from the first page even if I'd picked it before.[/QUOTE]

I havn't tried since this restock, but on previous stocks- I used the same song everytime and it generated a different code for 200 points.

For those worried about increased losing, I went 3 for 3 between 2am and 3am this morning (PST). I'm still at 100% and hoping to stay there!

Just put in 5, lost 3. Now I'm 29/32. Not too bad I guess. Really have to wait til some time in the early morning to put caps in I guess.

I'm 4/18. I don't know whether to play all my points now while the Wii codes still work, or wait for a possibly less busier (?) time. Either way I'm hemorraging points.

I went 4/5, yesterday morning. Managed to download all of the Oasis songs and one other.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']glad they fixed the wii points... not so glad they didnt update the list... :/[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow might be the next day for new songs. The last two updates were on Tuesdays.

bread's done
Back