Persona 3 $41.99 + $0.99 S&H and TotA $27.64 + $0.99 S&H @ FamilyVideo.com

sirplue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
202 (100%)
YES, another family video thread... lol

i'm kicking myself right now for biting so soon when TotA dropped to $29.99 @ JR.com :bomb:

4u0whlu.jpg

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=229839

4vn3i45.jpg

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=243583

new members use coupon code: NEWPGMEM (and take an extra $5.00 off your order)

anyone have trouble making the $5 coupon stick? i started a new account, they accepted the code (checkout screen reflects -$5.00), but when I submitted by order it took out the $5. I emailed them to cancel the order.

Tempted to try P3, this is a great price. I'll wait 'til I see if these shipping problems are resolved with pre-orderers.

[quote name='ps99472']anyone have trouble making the $5 coupon stick? i started a new account, they accepted the code (checkout screen reflects -$5.00), but when I submitted by order it took out the $5. I emailed them to cancel the order.[/quote]The coupon wasn't applied anywhere? It indicates that the item price is $42, but it should still have the $5 coupon discount listed somewhere.

Is anyone else NOT receiving emails from Family Video? I placed several orders with them over the past week and received no confirmations. The orders show up under my order history and one (the only non-preorder) has shipped (without an email for that as well). I know the email address is right because it's what I'm using to login and I don't have any spam protection turned on, so what's the deal?

[quote name='Dogbert8']Is anyone else NOT receiving emails from Family Video? I placed several orders with them over the past week and received no confirmations. The orders show up under my order history and one (the only non-preorder) has shipped (without an email for that as well). I know the email address is right because it's what I'm using to login and I don't have any spam protection turned on, so what's the deal?[/quote]

I called FV on Friday, because I've been trying to recover my password without any response. The lady I spoke to said they've been having email troubles (can receive, but can't send) and that they hoped it'd be fixed by Monday.

So no, it's not just you.

I'm giving them til Tuesday to do something about my order, if they really do have them in stock, I should be their prioriety, I ordered a few weeks ago.

I love their prices, but if they do this crud with Warhawk or Heavenly Sword, I will no longer be a customer.

I'm so paranoid already, that I refuse to buy Growlanser from them (it's RARE), even if it is cheaper.

Hopefully this is just a fluke (the whole being slow and not able to reply to email thing)

These guys suck. I ordered dead rising and waited two weeks for them to finally cancel my order. I emailed them a few times as well with no response. I just assume they will do the same for PS:3. I am done with this site regardless of the deal.

I recall ordering Victorious Boxers 2 from them for $4.99 ($9.99 minus $5 coupon) and it took well over a month for the game to arrive. I didn't mind because I wasn't in a rush to play it but I believe they do not hold a big inventory on games so they sell out quick and it takes time to get new copies in.

I believe my order status changed.. I think it was at Received (on the order history page, not the details), now it says Processing.

According to them in an e-mail:

The backordered item:

1 x Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 : PlayStation 2

should be in stock within 2-4 weeks. We have contacted the distributor already on your behalf and will notify you when your product(s) are in stock.

So, it's gonna be a long wait if true.

Ordered Tales of Abyss on August 9th after seeing a thread about it here and it's still in processing. Kind of annoying but I'm in no rush. The biggest problem for me will be getting them to change the address shipped to as I leave for school in two weeks. That is if it hasn't shipped out by then.

I received my order today! Unfortunately, the game was shipped in a paper mailer, though the bubble wrap on the inside was thick and the mailer itself was pretty snug around the game, so there's only a couple superficial dents here or there on the outside box. The game, artbook, and CD (which is tucked inside the artbook in a paper sleeve) inside seem to be in perfect condition though, so that's all I care about.

Sucks some of you are gonna have to wait to get yours, though. :\

Good thing I bought another copy right at the release date or else I'd be waiting forever for this game to be shipped.

I placed my order on 8/9/07 and it's still on backorder.

FamilyVideo.com get your act together.

It seems odd that it shows in stock on their website, while my 8/10 order is considered backordered and weeks away from delivery.
I don't mind waiting, I'm not in a rush to play and still have to finish eternal punishment.
But if it is going to be that far in the future, I worry it is a new printing that will not have the extras of the initial run.

Well I got my copy of Persona 3 today... Tales of the Abyss went from being in processing to backorderd and not back to processing, so here's hoping that it'll be shipped before too long.

Though Family Video still charged $42.86 (after shipping and $5 off) since they didn't update the order with the newer price. I got an e-mail saying that my concern was being transfered to their billing department. That was on the 16th and I was told I'd be contacted within the next 3 days (the 19th?) regarding the price difference. I guess I'll e-mail them again now that its been charged to my card and all.

Persona 3, despite being in a bubble mailer, it came in great condition and everything. Its been really great so far.

EDIT: I got an e-mail this morning saying that they have refunded my credit card in the amount of $4.88... so all is well now.

Just got an email saying my Persona 3 shipped!!

Although, should I be concerned if the email had my address like "Shelbyvill! e, India na 46176" but the website shows it correctly?

[quote name='AfroPig']Just got an email saying my Persona 3 shipped!!

Although, should I be concerned if the email had my address like "Shelbyvill! e, India na 46176" but the website shows it correctly?[/QUOTE]

Nope, mine said something like that too, so I'd just say it's a slight html error in their automated email system or something.

And hey, you live right up the road from me! Well, a couple hours up the road, but still. :p

I guess people who were on backorder don't need to worry... even though I ordered on Friday before it went backordered on the site again today, just got the email that my order is backordered. Looks like they didn't bother taking into account current backorders when allowing new orders.

Just got the following like 15 minutes ago:

We are sorry to inform you that the following item(s) are still backordered:

1 x Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 : PlayStation 2

While most items come back into stock within 30 days, some titles are much more difficult to obtain. We have not charged your credit card for your backordered item(s) at this time. We will continue to monitor your order for an additional 30 days. We will also provide you with any updates as they become available to us.

For those who got shipping confirmation on Persona 3, what day did you place your order? I'm just curious as to where the "line" is right now, as I ordered August 11 and am still waiting...

[quote name='JJc14']For those who got shipping confirmation on Persona 3, what day did you place your order? I'm just curious as to where the "line" is right now, as I ordered August 11 and am still waiting...[/quote]

I ordered mine on August 16th. I haven't received any emails although the status of my order on the site states "Processing." I finally sent them an email for an update.

Mine came yesterday. I pre-ordered on July 17th though.

Came in a poly envelope. Box wasn't crushed and only had minor flaws not worth crying over. If it was shipped UPS, I'm sure it would've been much, much worse.

[quote name='JJc14']For those who got shipping confirmation on Persona 3, what day did you place your order? I'm just curious as to where the "line" is right now, as I ordered August 11 and am still waiting...[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting too, and just a bit ahead of you at 8/10 (pretty late that night in fact)

I ordered on Aug. 9 and it's still in backordered... the scary thing is atlus shop has this "sold out" as well.. man I hope FV can get the orders filled eventually..

I received my order finally. Placed the order Friday, August 10, 2007 6:17:17 AM. One small bump at the bottom of the box but overall pristine considering the shipping method. (USPS) Man I really like the art book, feels like a mini children's novel.

BTW they never said they shipped my order. I just kept receiving backorder emails. Then I found the game in my mailbox. Not sure what that means.

Aug. 10, still backordered.

They're getting a nasty e-mail from me tomorrow.

edit: I haven't received a *single* e-mail since the original backorder notice. Not sure why everyone else is getting them.

Yep, Aug 10 for me too, and I am still waiting.
Wrote them an e-mail three days ago, hasn't e-mail me back yet, I would be so pissed right now if not for the low price I paid.

I spoke with a few game shops (mostly ebgames/gamestop around here) and they all told me that when they sell out, they don't anticipate ever getting any more copies of persona 3 in. I cancelled my order and snagged a copy locally (2nd to last one and it was the thrid store I called). I get the feeling that if you're farther down the backorder list at family video your order will either be cancelled or you'll get a 2nd run, non-"special edition". Just my .02

[quote name='prisonerac']I received my order finally. Placed the order Friday, August 10, 2007 6:17:17 AM. One small bump at the bottom of the box but overall pristine considering the shipping method. (USPS) Man I really like the art book, feels like a mini children's novel.

BTW they never said they shipped my order. I just kept receiving backorder emails. Then I found the game in my mailbox. Not sure what that means.[/QUOTE]
You have just given me some hope. Maybe they are sending them all out but are having problems with their inventory system. It could happen. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for another week or so and then cancel my order if I don't receive it or an e-mail saying its been sent.

They just received my email "rant."

Here's hoping that it magically turns up tomorrow.

BTW, I ordered my copy on the 9th.

Also, to the guy who just received his copy even though his order was still labeled backorder, did they already charge you for the game?

They have yet to charge my card and I'm wondering if they are just late with updating their systems, and if that would be an indicator whether or not they shipped my copy.

to check on my order. He assured me that in about a week they were to recieve 100 or so copies, and I should recieve my order in about two weeks. I sure the hell hope so!!!

I've never ordered from family video before so i'm wondering with the $0.99 S&H They package the game in a bubble wrap envelope no box right?

What are their other shiping prices?

Thanks for the info.

So they are shipping the game in bubble envelopes? I am sorry I relayed the email they sent me assuring me that the game would be shipped in a padded box. It is disappointing that they sent me that information without being certain it was fact.

Past experience with backordered Odin Sphere, I waited the 30 days where it "usually" would ship, but nothing happened, cancelled my order, now Odin Sphere is not even listed on their site! (even though it's obviously still available from the online Atlus shop)...

If FV takes pre-orders and end up never sending them out, I would be so freaken PISSED! Man, I should have never cancelled my amazon order... but the cheapness in me keeps me from doing the right thing... I just ordered Wild Arms 5 and Growlanser 5 from FV... fuck man, I hope they would pull through...

I got nervous as well and went to Fry's to pick up a backup copy. Lucky I went today because I got the last copy. Since family video cancelled my Dead Rising order, not responding to emails and back ordering a preorder I had no choice. I figure it will be a miracle if FV pulls through.

I just emailed them to cancel my order, which is listed as "processing." If they cannot communicate with their customers, they will not get my business, regardless of price.

Didn't preorder, but panicked today and spent $50 in GS credit + $10 for P2 with the guide. Was this worthwhile? It looks like both are becoming hard to find...the guide especially, since I had to go to three GameStops to find one, and that one didn't have any games left!

I'm also scared as hell for Wild Arms 5 and Growlnaser: HoW since one only has the extras on the initial run and the other is a single print run.

But I'll be damned if I find another store is offering those two at about $8 off including shipping.

I also saw that DeepDiscount thread for Wild Arms 5, does anyone know if they are more reliable than FV?

I find DeepDiscount completely reliable, but many don't. I've made tons of orders with them and have never had any problems. The free shipping is very slow, though.

As for Persona 3, I'm thinking of trying that swapping trick mentioned earlier in the thread.

I am tired of waiting for FV to update my order, so I canceled it and ordered P3 and Tales of the Abyss from Amazon. At least they don't fuck around when it comes to communicating with their customers.

[quote name='brianffrpg']Also, to the guy who just received his copy even though his order was still labeled backorder, did they already charge you for the game?

They have yet to charge my card and I'm wondering if they are just late with updating their systems, and if that would be an indicator whether or not they shipped my copy.[/QUOTE]

They charged my account on the 19th of August.

[quote name='aaandrewww']Mine just shipped! I ordered on the 18th.[/quote]

That's not right. I ordered on the 10th and I've received no word.

bread's done
Back