Persona 3 Used In-Stock @ Gamestop.com, $40 Shipped after 25% Coupon

[quote name='forumreader']I don't disagree, but Atlus's relatively small print runs on the games they produce make one wonder how much they care about overall sales.[/quote]
Think of it this way.
Would you rather print 1,000,000 copies and sell 500,000 or print 400,000 and sell 400,000.

Atlus doesn't have the capital to sit on a pile of unsold games.

[quote name='mguiddy']Think of it this way.
Would you rather print 1,000,000 copies and sell 500,000 or print 400,000 and sell 400,000.

Atlus doesn't have the capital to sit on a pile of unsold games.[/quote]

They DO care about sales, but they also care about their finances and I'm sure this is a big reason why. I mean I don't know very many people that have even heard of the SMT saga.. They DO sell well though and I mean if you really wanted these games you could find it when they are released for the first month or two at least.

[quote name='mguiddy']Think of it this way.

Atlus doesn't have the capital to sit on a pile of unsold games.[/QUOTE]

For a first print run, yeah, but they certainly could've gone back on any of their sold out games and done another small run.

[quote name='forumreader']For a first print run, yeah, but they certainly could've gone back on any of their sold out games and done another small run.[/quote]

And then have all their fans that bought the first printing bitch and moan about it.

[quote name='mguiddy']And then have all their fans that bought the first printing bitch and moan about it.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm saying; it almost looks like they care more about the mystique that their games get after selling out a low print run than developing any sort of a larger audience.

Which is why I wouldn't be surprised if they only sold the FES add-on disc. I don't think it will happen (for obvious reasons), but I also wouldn't be shocked.

Well I just lucked out and got a sealed copy over at Sears...now I have one to play and one to keep sealed - scored!

believe it or not but i actually broke the mint wrap! was thinking about getting a hefty profit on the game but decided otherwise. i will entertain trades when i get done with it. but its going to come at cost *i kid i kid*.

[quote name='Vitality X']believe it or not but i actually broke the mint wrap! was thinking about getting a hefty profit on the game but decided otherwise.[/quote]
You're a good man.

/salute

[quote name='breakingcustoms']amazon MARKETPLACE

just sellers trying to get more for it[/QUOTE]

i hate when people post to auctions/marketplace on CAG... (not to mention its against the spirit of the board :) )

but is rpgamer the official site for atlus? Or is that taken from atlus' website? How can that timer not be made by rpgamer and named as p3 b/c they think it is the timer for it? sorry just confused about that b/c if it were from atlus.com I'd understand.

RPGamer isn't the official site for Atlus, but they get advertising material from game companies for their site.

Yeah, I gotta say... these advertisements sure are convincing that something related to Persona 3 is coming. And I don't what it could be besides FES.

[quote name='aznguyen316']but is rpgamer the official site for atlus? Or is that taken from atlus' website? How can that timer not be made by rpgamer and named as p3 b/c they think it is the timer for it? sorry just confused about that b/c if it were from atlus.com I'd understand.[/quote]
[quote name='B.K.']Seven more days until Persona 3: Fes is officially announced!

http://www.atlus.com/time/[/quote]

what do you mean wait to find out? It's not like I went in asking desperately for some information lol. I went there and asked if they had any used copies of Persona 3 for sale and they brought up FES can be pre-ordered for $29.99 so I asked about it.

[quote name='forumreader']Man, $30 is not a real promising indicator for a standalone version.[/quote]

Which means it probably isn't. I believe that was the price point for FES Append in Japan as well.

Still, if it indeed turns out to be the standalone version, then i'm gonna laugh my butt off because they will mean Persona 3's value will absolutely plummet.

Looks like Atlus is all about rewarding the diehards. Hey, if anyone is stuck for a copy of P3, try checking your neighborhood Sears! I found a nice new copy last Thursday just sitting at the bottom of the case!:bouncy:

[quote name='forumreader']Man, $30 is not a real promising indicator for a standalone version.[/QUOTE]

actually new atlus games are $39.99 (like odin sphere). atlus might decide to give a $10 discount since it is like a re-release

Still, if it indeed turns out to be the standalone version, then i'm gonna laugh my butt off because they will mean Persona 3's value will absolutely plummet.

Not necessarily. There will still be some good value to it. It has the extra content, like the artbook and soundtrack. Initially, it could take a serious hit, because you will no longer have buyers just looking to play the game and willing to pay too much for it. But in the long run, as a collector's piece, it will still be worth a lot.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not necessarily. There will still be some good value to it. It has the extra content, like the artbook and soundtrack. Initially, it could take a serious hit, because you will no longer have buyers just looking to play the game and willing to pay too much for it. But in the long run, as a collector's piece, it will still be worth a lot.[/QUOTE]

there will also be people that will sell their P3 after getting FES. For the collector's they will go after sealed copy, but a used copy will likely see a price drop

I just managed to pick up a used copy at Gamestop a few days ago. Somebody had traded it in the day before and it was complete and in excellent condition. When I gave it to the employee to ring it up, all of a sudden he tried to sell me another copy that didn't come with the artbook and soundtrack cd. Even going so far as to say he'd discount the other copy personally and that it was a better value. Needless to say, I didn't cave.

Anyway, I'm just really glad to finally be able to play this game (ie. add it to the backlog)

[quote name='Knoxximus']Looks like Atlus is all about rewarding the diehards. Hey, if anyone is stuck for a copy of P3, try checking your neighborhood Sears! I found a nice new copy last Thursday just sitting at the bottom of the case!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yes...definitely check your local Sears guys. That's how I scored my copy a few weeks ago. You should be able to locate one on sears.com and do local pickup.

[quote name='62t']there will also be people that will sell their P3 after getting FES. For the collector's they will go after sealed copy, but a used copy will likely see a price drop[/quote]

Like I said, initially, there could be a drop, but in the long run, both sealed and opened (but complete) copies will still have plenty of value, due to the limited number of copies that are out there. The times when you see a huge discrepancy between sealed and opened is when the print run was large.

[quote name='dmunkee']I just managed to pick up a used copy at Gamestop a few days ago. Somebody had traded it in the day before and it was complete and in excellent condition. When I gave it to the employee to ring it up, all of a sudden he tried to sell me another copy that didn't come with the artbook and soundtrack cd. Even going so far as to say he'd discount the other copy personally and that it was a better value. Needless to say, I didn't cave.[/quote]

:applause:

That's Gamestop, for ya.

after finding pristine complete copies of digital devil saga 1,2, nocturne and 3 copies of persona 3 in the middle of brooklyn last week. I did some research and I got all the ones that were in the good parts of brooklyn. the bad parts of brooklyn have a ton in the gamestops there. Too bad I'm too chickenshit to go to those parts. If ebay prices start skyrocketing then I just might have too.

[quote name='misbitski']Yes...definitely check your local Sears guys. That's how I scored my copy a few weeks ago. You should be able to locate one on sears.com and do local pickup.[/quote]

good info here.. did a quick search on sears.com and Topeka, KS has copies available..

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Like I said, initially, there could be a drop, but in the long run, both sealed and opened (but complete) copies will still have plenty of value, due to the limited number of copies that are out there. The times when you see a huge discrepancy between sealed and opened is when the print run was large.[/QUOTE]

a used complete copy of Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance is worth about $25, but $100 sealed. Persona 3 is also the best selling SMT game. eventually the people that want to to play the game will go after FES, with just the collectors going after the regular Persona 3. That will really reduce the demand for the game, espically used.

I'm sitting on two unopened copies. One is for me (and I haven't opened it because I haven't had time to play it yet), and the other was to lessen the full price I paid or to trade. >_

[quote name='B.K.']It's not going to need the original game. They're going to release the full version of the game that has all the Persona 3 and Fes content on the same disc in America.[/QUOTE]

Has burger king been serving the double stack shit whopper?

Any CAGers live near Bartlesville, OK?

Sears.com shows to have some available there, but I really don't want to drive an hour :/

[quote name='Antic']I'm sitting on two unopened copies. One is for me (and I haven't opened it because I haven't had time to play it yet), and the other was to lessen the full price I paid or to trade. >_

[quote name='Antic']I'm sitting on two unopened copies. One is for me (and I haven't opened it because I haven't had time to play it yet), and the other was to lessen the full price I paid or to trade. >_

Also, people seem to forget that Atlus released DDS 2 as an 'append disc' of sorts, as it doesn't make any sense to play it without 1st having played DDS 1. And it's not like they reprinted DDS 1 when DDS 2 released. Therefore, Atlus releasing the 'append disc' version of FES would actually not be that surprising.

bread's done
Back