Persona 4 - $36.99 on Amazon now! (was $34.99)

[quote name='donburns99']Well in response to something I said, you said "Amazon never ships pre-orders until release date".

Well, has the release date passed? Is the release date today?

In your logic, no orders should not have shipped, yet some have.

Normally I wouldn't care or even comment on it, but since you said that as a smartass remark, I'd call that ironic.[/quote]

ahhh...
Remember this??

[quote name='donburns99']Well if you want to take it out of context, 'WAY BEFORE' could even mean before you were born.
Normal rational people can keep things realistic and in context. [/quote]

Lets see....
You stated that Amazon ship way before the ship date.
I assumed "way before the ship date" to be the release date which is only off by SIX days. (release date 12-09-08, original ship date 12-15-08)
You posted that I was being unrealistic and took your statement out of context.
hahaha
Irony.
:bouncy:

[quote name='GuardianE']I honestly think that the way Amazon ships is 1) Prime first, 2) other paid second, 3) Super Saver last. After that, it seems they actually tend to ship the ones who pre-ordered later before the ones who pre-ordered first. This just seems to be the case more and more often in these pre-order threads, so I came to that conclusion. Could be wrong. I don't think there's a real queue at all.[/QUOTE]

You're wrong. With Persona 3 FES mine shipped much later than people with Super Saver, and I have Prime. Seems like it has more do with the warehouses.

Just got my shipping confirmation e-mail.

I ordered last friday with free super saver shipping, and the delivery estimate is Dec 16th (last day of finals :bouncy:).

[quote name='AK85']Just got my shipping confirmation e-mail.

I ordered last friday with free super saver shipping, and the delivery estimate is Dec 16th (last day of finals :bouncy:).[/quote]

same here!

cant waitttt!
icon_smile.gif

There's no way in heck there's any rhyme or reason on their shipping. I just ordered mine yesterday (yes, yesterday) with Super Saver shipping and mine shipped today with an estimated delivery date of Dec. 15th.

i'm still hoping amazon offers this game as one of its 15 days :) my backlog is huge so i'll wait for the 19.99 (or less) price tag :) the extra art book sounds nice, but isn't worth it to me.

also, reviews for this game are looking great -- 1up.com gave it an A+ (wow.)

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']That kind of stuff has just never done well in Japan anyway, and so to imply that they are behind because they aren't making games like that is, I think, erroneous. They'll find their own niche, as they always have, but it won't be by trying to ape western development.

Take heart, my friends and fellow gamers! The glory days of this generation for Japanese development are yet to come, but they're on the way. P4 is a harbinger of good things to come, and if it sells well, and the reviews continue to be so positive, amazing things can truly happen because of it![/quote]

I just want Japanese developers to put the same attention to detail into their games that Rockstar put into GTAIV, that's all.:cool: I don't want JFPS after JFPS.:lol:

There is no way in hell I'm going to be able to finish P3:FES before P4 hits. I'm about 30 hours in but I'm still picking up P4 when it hits. I missed out on P3 the first time around and I'm not making the same mistake twice!:lol:

[quote name='AK85']Just got my shipping confirmation e-mail.

I ordered last friday with free super saver shipping, and the delivery estimate is Dec 16th (last day of finals :bouncy:).[/QUOTE]

I ordered Nov. 21 and has a shipping estimate for 12/15. Oh well, I have so many games to play at the moment. This being delayed for me will help :)

Item Subtotal: $34.99
Shipping and handling: $4.49

Super Saver Discount: $-4.49

EB Pre-order Guarantee: $0.00

EB Magazine promotion: $0.00

Total: $34.99
I just got looking at my order, and does anyone else have the eb pre-order guarantee listed? I assume this is the art book??

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You're wrong. With Persona 3 FES mine shipped much later than people with Super Saver, and I have Prime. Seems like it has more do with the warehouses.[/quote]

Hm, alright then. All I know is that Amazon definitely does not have a shipping queue. If they had a queue and were halfway competent at keeping it orderly then things that are happening in this thread wouldn't happen.

[quote name='bart122580']I ordered Nov. 21 and has a shipping estimate for 12/15. Oh well, I have so many games to play at the moment. This being delayed for me will help :)[/quote]

I pre-ordered on July 17th and I'm the 15th as well.....

[quote name='GuardianE']Hm, alright then. All I know is that Amazon definitely does not have a shipping queue. If they had a queue and were halfway competent at keeping it orderly then things that are happening in this thread wouldn't happen.[/QUOTE]

I think they try to fulfill all the orders roughly in the order they were received, but there are physical and logistical limitations. There are multiple warehouses throughout the country, but I couldn't tell you where they are or how they work. I do know they've worked for years, and probably continuously, to try and minimize shipping costs and times, hiring people way smarter than me to address it (doctors of mathematics and such). Like any solution, it's not perfect, but it's pretty damn good.

[quote name='Bulrog']I pre-ordered on July 17th and I'm the 15th as well.....[/quote]

that sucks mate..

ordered on nov 20.

cant wait for mines to come!
icon_smile.gif

[quote name='Taboner']Do you need any past experience from the past games to understand it?[/quote]It would give you a better understanding of whats to come (the aspects of the game), but as for the story - no, you don't need any past experience. The stories are unrelated to each other.

Well.. there are some things that are linked, but nothing that changes the story, just things that some will pick up on if they played the previous game.

It is still a better idea to play P3 first since it will be harder to go back to play P3 later on if you play P4 first.

[quote name='62t']It is still a better idea to play P3 first since it will be harder to go back to play P3 later on if you play P4 first.[/QUOTE]

Why is that?

[quote name='SDC']Why is that?[/quote]
A persons expectations tend to change once they try an improved version of something. Going back to the previous is harder afterward since you expect more from it.

Persona 4 is essentially an updated version of Persona 3, just with a new storyline and all.

Some people can get past the expectation ordeal, like myself, but many of this generations gamers tend to not be as backward compatible overall.

[quote name='donburns99']A persons expectations tend to change once they try an improved version of something. Going back to the previous is harder afterward since you expect more from it.

Persona 4 is essentially an updated version of Persona 3, just with a new storyline and all.

Some people can get past the expectation ordeal, like myself, but many of this generations gamers tend to not be as backward compatible overall.[/QUOTE]

From what I hear, Persona 4 improves in some aspects and takes steps back in others.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']Maybe they just pick names out of a hat or something[/quote]
fuck, it sure seems that way! I don't see how Amazon does not fulfill orders that were placed months ago, yet can ship out those that just placed theirs the other day or last week. At first, I was thinking that maybe it's the demand of the game and the fact that so many people pre-ordered that they had to have more artbooks printed, which I believe was the case in why P3 was delayed the other year. Now I really have no clue. It's beyond me and really makes me want to know how Amazon prioritizes things.

My order status for P4 Official Design Works and Social Link Expansion Pack just changed to shipping soon.
Can't wait!!

I'd cancel this but the fact that it'll be just under $28 since I ordered with the BML code makes me refrain from canceling. I have so many games (and now that I think about it, it'll probably drop to $20 or less eventually so I probably should just go ahead and do it).

[quote name='newlu']My order status for P4 Official Design Works and Social Link Expansion Pack just changed to shipping soon.
Can't wait!![/QUOTE]

Mine too. I'm guessing they'll be shipping in the next couple of hours.

Mine is STILL on "shipping soon". They're being weird about all this.

I've got plenty to play, but I'm seriously looking forward to playing the hell out of this when it arrives. That said, I don't think it's fair that some people are getting it sooner than others. I'd be willing to wait a little longer for mine if someone else could have theirs sooner (like I said, I have plenty to play), but they didn't ask me!

[quote name='SDC']From what I hear, Persona 4 improves in some aspects and takes steps back in others.[/quote]

Hmm, in what areas is it a step back? I'm skeptical of that statement.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You're wrong. With Persona 3 FES mine shipped much later than people with Super Saver, and I have Prime. Seems like it has more do with the warehouses.[/quote]

It must. That's the only thing that makes sense. Either that or it's just totally random. But...

[quote name='Raye']I've been checking my status on Amazon for a few days now and mine was "Shipping soon" since Thursday. Stop giving me false hopes, Amazon![/quote]

Then we have this, which is my situation as well. I keep trying to make sense out of it and keep failing. :) Maybe there really is no reason to it.

[quote name='romeogbs19']i'm still hoping amazon offers this game as one of its 15 days :) my backlog is huge so i'll wait for the 19.99 (or less) price tag :) the extra art book sounds nice, but isn't worth it to me.

also, reviews for this game are looking great -- 1up.com gave it an A+ (wow.)[/quote]

Exactly, so come on, don't be a cheap ass this time. :) I want this game to sell. Buy it now! If you want to support a game, the best way to do it is to buy it when it first comes out, and when it's so afford able this time, and comes with extras (which you could likely sell on eBay)...

But that said...

[quote name='gunm']Mine is "shipping soon" as well. Amazon better not drop the price $10 next week. :p[/quote]

I'll be ticked too if they drop the price or make it one of their 15 and charge $9 for it or something. Grr!

[quote name='BlueSwim']I just want Japanese developers to put the same attention to detail into their games that Rockstar put into GTAIV, that's all.:cool: [/quote]

I understand. Last Remnant breaks my heart. It's obvious some more time in the oven could have saved that one. But I think, in a lot of cases, Japanese devs DO put just as much attention to detail into their games as Rockstar. And we all know Rockstar is pretty special anyway. Not everyone can afford to take the time and care that they do. (And that said, some of their games are a little janky. The new Midnight Club has gamebreaking problems for me, not the least of which is the rubber-band AI and absurd difficulty, and this kind of thing is present even in GTA IV. I've never finished a GTA game because I always end up getting pissed off near the end. They just get too effing hard and make me crazy and angry and frustrated. Easy mode, please.)

Anyway.

Can't wait for P4.

So you said you're going to finish P3 first, right? I think that's a good idea. I doubt you'll be sick of the concept by the time you're done with P3 either. I wanted more soooo badly after I finished it. I think I started a new game and petered out. I bought FES as well, but, once again, I petered out on that, too. It's just such a big game, a huge undertaking. The first time through, I couldn't be stopped, but then my interest flagged a bit. Maybe you'll want a short breather between P3 and P4. But maybe not!

Last edited by a moderator:
ordered yesterday afternoon, my order shipped out this morning and is scheduled to be delivered on 12-10, wednesday. Prime FTW!

[quote name='newlu']My order status for P4 Official Design Works and Social Link Expansion Pack just changed to shipping soon.
Can't wait!![/quote]

I'm sad that I missed out on the Design Works artbook :whistle2:(

and my expansion pack isn't shipping soon yet :whistle2:?

[quote name='Master Shake']I'd cancel this but the fact that it'll be just under $28 since I ordered with the BML code makes me refrain from canceling. I have so many games (and now that I think about it, it'll probably drop to $20 or less eventually so I probably should just go ahead and do it).[/quote]

Mine says that it is shipping soon, so I can't cancel it. And it still says that the shipping estimate is the 15th, I might have to call about it.

Hummm, mine is still "shipping soon"(Est. dec 15th) but I preordered sometime back in September.

Bit weird that they're shipping out to people who ordered like days ago before those who ordered months ago but I won't complain too much as long as it ships on release date or day after.

I'll give em a call if it gets any later than that though, I opted for a 1 day shipping for a reason and I don't feel like getting the game at the same time as I would have with free shipping if they sent it at the right time.

Oh, and I'm holding my judgement about the RPG of the year until I play P4 but considering how I was rather underwhelmed with most of the "next gen"(I guess it's current gen now) minus Fall Out 3 and Valkyrie Chronicles, I'm expecting it to take the top spot on my list as P3 did a year ago.

Can't wait.

I got a email with a shipping notice the other day,(preordered months ago). Whats weird tho is when I go to my amazon account to view my recent orders to track the package, persona 4 is nowhere to be seen.

Oh well I'm in the middle of eternal sonata (ps3) so I wouldn't play the game right away anyways.

Because of items being shipped from different warehouses...I'll be receiving the strategy guide a day before the game from Amazon.

My official artbook just shipped and the social link expansion pack is in the process of being shipped. I can't wait for all the goodies to arrive. I'm almost done with P3 too (just started the last month and last block of Taratrus...hopefully I can finish the game by next week).

[quote name='Slade']Hummm, mine is still "shipping soon"(Est. dec 15th) but I preordered sometime back in September.

Bit weird that they're shipping out to people who ordered like days ago before those who ordered months ago but I won't complain too much as long as it ships on release date or day after.

I'll give em a call if it gets any later than that though, I opted for a 1 day shipping for a reason and I don't feel like getting the game at the same time as I would have with free shipping if they sent it at the right time.

Oh, and I'm holding my judgement about the RPG of the year until I play P4 but considering how I was rather underwhelmed with most of the "next gen"(I guess it's current gen now) minus Fall Out 3 and Valkyrie Chronicles, I'm expecting it to take the top spot on my list as P3 did a year ago.

Can't wait.[/QUOTE]

Mine is still shipping soon as well. But like I said I'm still in the middle of Persona 2 EP so I don't care much.

And I don't really see how this or any other game could beat out Valkyria Chronicles for my GOTY, but it should still be good times.

My game and expansion pack are on "shipping soon".

I hope I get my artbook, I accidentally canceled my P4 order. (I kinda wasn't paying close attention to which order I was canceling. >_>) So I preordered again.

[quote name='Pck21']Does anyone think Amazon will be getting more of the expansion packs? I kinda want one now...[/quote]
I've seen them go into stock once or twice on Amazon.ca, but the Amazon.com ones have been out of stock since they originally sold out I believe. As tomorrow is the official release, I'd say the chance to pick one up at retail price is gone.

If you want one, you'll have to buy from a reseller once they pop up on Amazon/EBay for 2x the price.

Got the shipping notice on...Sunday o_O
Ordered in November...

Still going to take forever in getting here >_

[quote name='Pck21']Does anyone think Amazon will be getting more of the expansion packs? I kinda want one now...[/quote]

Is there anything particular from the expansion pack you are looking for? I've got one coming and am still undecided as to why I had originally ordered it in the first place. :lol:

decided to cancel my pre-order at CrapShoot (err..i mean GameStop) and order from amazon..don't want to have to deal with the dumbass employees at GS anymore and plus, with as many games as i have to play, i can wait.

[quote name='thelonepig']Is there anything particular from the expansion pack you are looking for? I've got one coming and am still undecided as to why I had originally ordered it in the first place. :lol:[/quote]

Same, I want the t-shirt but the plushie and calendar are useless to me

bread's done
Back