Persona 4 Arena | $19.99 @ GameStop

[quote name='tuffguycore']This is the truth. When I worked there, I didn't take games out so that I could still say they were new, and never played. I always said they should make it one gut copy or just inserts for the games, and revert the one copy to used if someone "rented" it from the store. That, of course, fell on deaf ears.

That being said, I still would get a gutted copy if they had it, considering it's a 1 dollar difference(not counting PUR) and the idea that no one probably rented it(at least near me, they all seem like they aren't into RPGs/fighting games that much).[/QUOTE]

When did you work at GameStop? When I worked there the"take home" policy ended and HR even had a code in their manual for termination due to taking games home. So this should have ended (unless managers are still allowing this)

[quote name='Scenttii']How responsive are the buttons? I've had a TE stick before but ended up having to let it go.

In terms of the buttons, do they get stuck too often? I'm not totally competitive, I just want something that won't wear away at my thumbs. :lol:[/QUOTE]

If you've played on genuine Sanwa / Seimitsu parts, it's hard to go back. Knock off clones are garbage in comparison.

You get what you pay for. You can find TE's for 90ish bucks frequently.

[quote name='Thrinn']For the most part fighting games are like sports games: when they come out with a sequel or update the community loses all interest in the previous versions, the demand falls and so does the price. P4A is developed by Arc Systems so it's probably only a matter of time before we see a revision of this game.[/QUOTE]

ArcSys has never released sequels to their "commissioned" fighters. Hokuto no Ken, Sengoku Basra X Cross, and now P4A are all examples. Producer Katsura Hashino has also stated in a Arcadia interview that a sequel or update is "highly unlikely".

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']ArcSys has never released sequels to their "commissioned" fighters. Hokuto no Ken, Sengoku Basra X Cross, and now P4A are all examples. Producer Katsura Hashino has also stated in a famitsu interview that a sequel or update is "highly unlikely".[/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess you're just omitting BlazBlue and Guilty Gear huh?

[quote name='Solder']Yeah I guess you're just omitting BlazBlue and Guilty Gear huh?[/QUOTE]
He did put "commissioned" in quotations in everything, bud.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']ArcSys has never released sequels to their "commissioned" fighters. Hokuto no Ken, Sengoku Basra X Cross, and now P4A are all examples. Producer Katsura Hashino has also stated in a Arcadia interview that a sequel or update is "highly unlikely".[/QUOTE]Arc also never brought Hokuto or Sengoku out over here. That changed with P4A. Don't forget that they also made P4A the first region locked PS3 game. The odds of them releasing a sequel/update to one of their commissioned fighters seems trivial in comparison to that news.

As for that producer's comments, he may certainly believe that to be true. But if the money's there then that game will get made with or without him. I've seen so many producers and companies say one thing and then go and do the complete opposite that it's difficult to take anything they say seriously.

[quote name='Thrinn']Arc also never brought Hokuto or Sengoku out over here. That changed with P4A. Don't forget that they also made P4A the first region locked PS3 game. The odds of them releasing a sequel/update to one of their commissioned fighters seems trivial in comparison to that news.[/QUOTE]
Technically, Atlus localized and published the game. If anything, Japan market sales, which were good, would be a much more bigger trigger factor for a sequel than anything U.S. market related.

[quote name='oasisboy']When did you work at GameStop? When I worked there the"take home" policy ended and HR even had a code in their manual for termination due to taking games home. So this should have ended (unless managers are still allowing this)[/QUOTE]

well managers get a free copy of some games and they can still take games home

if they get free copy they can only trade it back in if they don't want it . that's how i got a used farcry 3 with online code working day of release

Thanks for the heads up OP. Was able to get a sealed version with the soundtrack! In fact when I asked the girl said they just got a shipment of them.

[quote name='CAG 79']Is this a temporary sale or is it the new price?[/QUOTE]

New price, not from a weekly sale AFAIK.

[quote name='CAG 79']Is this a temporary sale or is it the new price?[/QUOTE]
Still seems to be full price everywhere else. Probably safer to assume that it's temporary for the time being.

[quote name='Lemstar']The MadCatz WWE Brawl SEs are pretty good at the $30 price point. Doesn't make them good, but they'll probably suffice.[/QUOTE]

This right here. The buttons are Sanwa knockoffs, but they're much better than for original SE sticks. I've got a TvC stick I've pounded on for a while, buttons have held up just fine. You can also get yourself 6 Sanwa buttons for $18 or so.

[quote name='darkvulture']well managers get a free copy of some games and they can still take games home

if they get free copy they can only trade it back in if they don't want it . that's how i got a used farcry 3 with online code working day of release[/QUOTE]

Totally off topic: I remember that during the managers meeting in Vegas 2010 or 2011??? A couple of managers were caught in the stairs of the hotel getting "busy" and both were fired. The spouse of one of them called corporate to ask why her husband was fired. Shit got realz... True story.

[quote name='Scenttii']...The game itself is fantastic! I can't wait until I get a fight stick to go with this. Any one know any decent ones that aren't too expensive?[/QUOTE]

The WWE Brawlstick others have mentioned are very good for the price ($30 if you're patient). My only prob with this stick is that while the clone Sanwa parts are good, there's no consistency to them. I've bought 4 -5 of them & some where nice & tight while others were loose. Regardless, you can always replace all the main buttons (6 or 8 depending on your preference) for Sanwa/Seimitsu buttons for ~$18 - $24 & another $25 for an actual Sanwa/Seimitsu joystick lever. I've got a ton of arcade parts for sale if you or anyone else is interested here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6884300

Your next step (in terms of a quality stick) would be either a Madcatz Fightstick Pro or a Hori Real Arcade Pro V3-SA. Be patient & you'll be able to find them for $90 - $100 (though more so the Madcatz than the Hori). Or look for a used one on eBay for possibly less.

BTW, that tiny ass Hori stick for $32 on Amazon isn't too bad. Just don't expect to mod it easily later on if you're into that. And yes, it's very small LOL!

Got it new with soundtrack. Thinking I'll finish P4G tonight so this sale/price drop was good timing. Thanks for the heads up op.

Anyone think I should finish P3 before starting it?

[quote name='brandnew4522']Got it new with soundtrack. Thinking I'll finish P4G tonight so this sale/price drop was good timing. Thanks for the heads up op.

Anyone think I should finish P3 before starting it?[/QUOTE]

Yes. There are some pretty big endgame spoilers in it as soon as the P3 people start showing up.

[quote name='oasisboy']When did you work at GameStop? When I worked there the"take home" policy ended and HR even had a code in their manual for termination due to taking games home. So this should have ended (unless managers are still allowing this)[/QUOTE]

I was there from 04 - 07 and off and on again for a couple more years. It was one of the big pushes after the merge to let everyone do it, when I worked for a holiday in 09 I think I remember hearing that take home wasn't allowed anymore, but like I said, I didn't do it anyway so it had no effect on me.

Also to all the people talking about it not being sealed, I had no issues getting it price matched at my bb. They didn't even call for availability. And it still had the soundtrack which was nice.

[quote name='Graff^']Yes. There are some pretty big endgame spoilers in it as soon as the P3 people start showing up.[/QUOTE]

Alright I'll finish that up first. Thanks for the warning.

got the 360 version with soundtrack, feeling good! asked about the ni no kuni steelbooks and the worker said they were first come first serve, and theirs were already gone

Got this PM at best buy... thanks OP

Edit: was it the gamestop version only that had the soundtrack? if not, how do you know if it had it?

[quote name='cigaro']
Edit: was it the gamestop version only that had the soundtrack? if not, how do you know if it had it?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy also received copies of the game with the soundtrack. The soundtrack is visible as it is shrinkwrapped on the rear cover.

When I search for this on Best Buy, I get three results on the website. I get Xbox 360 new, Xbox 360 used, and Playstation 3 used.

Why doesn't Playstation 3 new show up? Shouldn't it show up even if it's not in stock?

[quote name='cigaro']Got this PM at best buy... thanks OP

Edit: was it the gamestop version only that had the soundtrack? if not, how do you know if it had it?[/QUOTE]
all first print copies have the soundtrack included with the game. wasn't retailer specific.

picked up a sealed new copy, and the store i bought it at still have a few copies left. I guess there is not that much of a demand for it.

Gonna attempt to price match at best buy today.
If that doesn't work out, Walmart.
:]

If not I guess i'll just go to one of the 8 gamestops in a 10 mile radius.
Hm.

[quote name='YBX87']picked up a sealed new copy, and the store i bought it at still have a few copies left. I guess there is not that much of a demand for it.[/QUOTE]

Fighting game is still a rather niche market. Very few game reviewers have the aptitude or sufficient time to do a fight game review justice.

An average person might take up to 1-2 years to even get somewhat decent with a fighter. A steep hill to climb for the CoD generation.

I'm gonna go today after work and try to PM at Best Buy. I printed out the webpage from Gamestop that shows the price and that it's in stock near me. That should work, right? I'm also going to pick up Persona 4 for the Vita, though I haven't played 1-3 yet (which I have on PSP) but I've been dying to get into this series. I know Arena is just a fighting game, but is it going to have any spoilers for the other games in the story?

[quote name='gldoorii']I'm gonna go today after work and try to PM at Best Buy. I printed out the webpage from Gamestop that shows the price and that it's in stock near me. That should work, right? I'm also going to pick up Persona 4 for the Vita, though I haven't played 1-3 yet (which I have on PSP) but I've been dying to get into this series. I know Arena is just a fighting game, but is it going to have any spoilers for the other games in the story?[/QUOTE]
If you're planning on getting P4G from Best Buy, you might want to do it online so that you can get one of the preorder/CE Vita skins. Those sell for quite a bit, if you're into that.

[quote name='Lemstar']If you're planning on getting P4G from Best Buy, you might want to do it online so that you can get one of the preorder/CE Vita skins. Those sell for quite a bit, if you're into that.[/QUOTE]

I'll take anything free. Thanks!

[quote name='Lemstar']If you're planning on getting P4G from Best Buy, you might want to do it online so that you can get one of the preorder/CE Vita skins. Those sell for quite a bit, if you're into that.[/QUOTE]

How do you know you still get that? I see nothing mentioning it online.

[quote name='Romeo']How do you know you still get that? I see nothing mentioning it online.[/QUOTE]
Try adding it to your cart.

[quote name='Romeo']How do you know you still get that? I see nothing mentioning it online.[/QUOTE]

It's in the special offers section on the item page. When you add it to your cart it automatically adds the skin along with it with a cost of $0.00.

Reserved for online pickup on Wednesday night picked it up today. Was sealed and had the soundtrack, glad I was able to pick it up. Now to find time to play it.

is the soundtrack supposed to be sealed with plastic wrap along with the game? I picked up a xbox 360 copy and a ps3 copy and they both came separate with the game. the soundtrack has a sealed sticker on it. opening the 360 copy and keeping my ps3 copy sealed.

bread's done
Back