Persona 4 Arena | $19.99 @ GameStop

Snagged a copy in Newtown, CT(yes, *that* Newtown) for pickup. Copy was gutted, but came with soundtrack. Unfortuntely, the soundtrack was resealed with plain scotch tape, and i can't remove it without tearing the paper sleeve to the soundtrack; in fact, it's already torn, as if an employee already tried unsuccessfully to do so. A minor annoyance(par for the course for Gamestop), but not such a big deal to me.

[quote name='shivan128']picked one up with the soundtrack. Used my PUR coupon (for 10k points) to make this $10, thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Same here! Though mine didn't have the soundtrack :/

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']is the soundtrack supposed to be sealed with plastic wrap along with the game? I picked up a xbox 360 copy and a ps3 copy and they both came separate with the game. the soundtrack has a sealed sticker on it. opening the 360 copy and keeping my ps3 copy sealed.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it should be sealed/bundled on the outside of the case so you can't see game description. A sticker on the front of the plastic wrap advertises "Bonus CD Soundtrack". Similar to Catherine's release.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Is this a permanent price drop or a temp drop?[/QUOTE]

sku has been deleted from the computer, no longer getting any new copies.

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']is the soundtrack supposed to be sealed with plastic wrap along with the game? I picked up a xbox 360 copy and a ps3 copy and they both came separate with the game. the soundtrack has a sealed sticker on it. opening the 360 copy and keeping my ps3 copy sealed.[/QUOTE]

Supposed to be sealed in the back of the case, Gamestop is notorious for resealing!!!

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Yes, it should be sealed/bundled on the outside of the case so you can't see game description. A sticker on the front of the plastic wrap advertises "Bonus CD Soundtrack". Similar to Catherine's release.[/QUOTE]

darn mine was separate :( but the cd is still sealed. was gonna put it in my glass case along with my sealed persona 4 golden, persona 1 psp, persona 2 psp and my 2 devil summoner bundles :(

My ps3 copy had the soundtrack shrink wrapped behind the game. There is a silver sticker in the front indicating that there is a bonus soundtrack included.

[quote name='Bamjoe']I am not a fan of Marvel vs. Capcom, how similar is this game?[/QUOTE]

This is more like Guilty Gear or Blazblue, except it comes in yellow.

originally bought this off some guys for $30 at launch, haven't played it much, note the netcode is based on the INTRO during the fight. Don't skip INTRO OTHERWISE IT WILL LAAAAGGG!

Great deal but wow I kind of got screwed, I wish I had known before I opened it that this was "the first region locked PS3 game" since I have Japanese PS3....

The Xbox version is dead online. Get it if you want to pretend you're the last man on Earth and you somehow miraculously still have electricity and you're desperately looking for other survivors.

I'm about to go pick up a copy of the 360 version. It doesn't have the soundtrack, but oh well. I called one other GS that I normally go to and all they have is a single gutted copy that includes it, but I can't get there today since the buses aren't running. :\

I also picked up the ps3 version sealed with soundtrack. The store had two new gutted copies but luckily they had one more in their drawers that was sealed. I'm going to need to dust off the sticks for this one.

Target had 1 copy of the PS3 version left with the soundtrack included, priced at 59.99. I asked the electronics dude if he could price match it from an online Gamestop price for me and he said he couldn't, saying that they don't do online price matches. I told him about the new policy, loaded up the Target corporate page on my phone but he just shrugged me off, so I made my way to customer service. Long story short, they wouldn't price match it for me because it's out of stock at the Gamestop website. I'll never bother with their pricematch system again, I've got rage.

[quote name='devincenzi']Target had 1 copy of the PS3 version left with the soundtrack included, priced at 59.99. I asked the electronics dude if he could price match it from an online Gamestop price for me and he said he couldn't, saying that they don't do online price matches. I told him about the new policy, loaded up the Target corporate page on my phone but he just shrugged me off, so I made my way to customer service. Long story short, they wouldn't price match it for me because it's out of stock at the Gamestop website. I'll never bother with their pricematch system again, I've got rage.[/QUOTE]
...they don't pricematch gamestop

[quote name='devincenzi']Target had 1 copy of the PS3 version left with the soundtrack included, priced at 59.99. I asked the electronics dude if he could price match it from an online Gamestop price for me and he said he couldn't, saying that they don't do online price matches. I told him about the new policy, loaded up the Target corporate page on my phone but he just shrugged me off, so I made my way to customer service. Long story short, they wouldn't price match it for me because it's out of stock at the Gamestop website. I'll never bother with their pricematch system again, I've got rage.[/QUOTE]

A lot of stores have procedures in place to not price match out of stock items, anyways. Whether or not the employees follow it is a different matter.

I'd say order it through best buy.com, but they don't have the ps3 version listed any more.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']...they don't pricematch gamestop[/QUOTE]

I found that out the hard way. You'd think they'd match the biggest games retailer around but I guess the games business isn't really their main priority.

I've been under the impression that not all the employees know about the online price matching since it was just made permanent not too long ago (and some may still be under the impression it was only during the holidays).

That said, Gamestop falls in the same line as Kmart where if you have the physical ad, they will match it, but their websites are not included for the online price match.

[quote name='whitereflection']The Xbox version is dead online. Get it if you want to pretend you're the last man on Earth and you somehow miraculously still have electricity and you're desperately looking for other survivors.[/QUOTE]

Uh, I play on Live practically every night. Granted, it's far from the largest player base I've ever seen, but the community is definitely still there. Helps that P4A was confirmed for EVO, I'm sure.

No doubt there are more people on PSN, but don't be scurred of going 360 if it's your preferred console.

Or.... Why not just go to GameStop? (Unless they are out of stock).

[quote name='oasisboy']Or.... Why not just go to GameStop? (Unless they are out of stock).[/QUOTE]

My Gamestop does have it, but it's the gutted version and without the soundtrack. I'm just being a compulsive picky freak anyways, I'll back down and take their barebones copy. :D

[quote name='devincenzi']My Gamestop does have it, but it's the gutted version and without the soundtrack. I'm just being a compulsive picky freak anyways, I'll back down and take their barebones copy. :D[/QUOTE]
well, you waited or took almost a week to start look for the game, what do you expect.

[quote name='YBX87']well, you waited or took almost a week to start look for the game, what do you expect.[/QUOTE]
I've actually been looking since the deal started, but nice guess duder

Damnit.. deal is dead today. Do Game Stop deals really end in the middle of the week? Was hoping to pick it up later this weekend or something.. :(

Long shot: anyone who got a copy with the soundtrack getting buyer's remorse or just have a huge back stack? If so, please PM me :)

[quote name='whitereflection']The Xbox version is dead online. Get it if you want to pretend you're the last man on Earth and you somehow miraculously still have electricity and you're desperately looking for other survivors.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I went to pick up my copy with soundtrack today and they rang it up at $50. I think this deal was more of a price mistake than advertised sale :(

^It was a sale. It ended yesterday because that's when the new weekly ad is out. Plus the Pick up at store process doesn't lock in the price.

bread's done
Back