Pick my next car!

ajh2298

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
I am getting a new car next week and have it narrowed down to 4 choices.

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe
fordmustanggt2005front1.jpg

2006 Pontiac GTO
BB-04-red-gto.jpg

2006 Subaru WRX
post-44-1097019648.jpg

And I might cheap it out and just get this.
2006 Pontiac G6 GT
05-g6-hero.jpg

[quote name='tornadomann']Go with the G6 GT[/QUOTE]

I had a 2005 G6 as a rental when I was in Orlando for my Honeymoon and loved it thats why its on the list. I grew up around American muscle cars thats why I like the Mustang and GTO and my Brother has a Subaru and its the only car he has kept longer than 2 years and has never had a day of trouble with it.

Those new Mustangs look great. I'd get one if I wasn't so tall. Based on looks alone don't get the Pontiac GTO.

I'd go with the Jap. Not too crazy about the headlights on the new WRX. I'd recommend a TSX just from personal experience, but out of those, the WRX.

I would definitely say the WRX if it was an STi, but since it's not, I would go with the Mustang. Also, you can buy the new model Eclipse now with 263 hp.

Its a toss up between the stang and the WRX. Id assume the WRX would be a more reliable car but that mustang is nice. The new headlights on the WRX dont look that great but its still a nice car. The mustang is more powerful I think, but the WRX is quicker. It should come down to the interior of the car and what your personal preference is

[quote name='ex0']I'd go WRX, but make it an STi[/QUOTE]

It would be the STi model of the WRX(that picture I posted was the biggest I could find of the 2006 models).

I dont know if money is an issue for you or not OP, but if it is think about insurance.

I have a friend who teaches in Virginia who earns about 33k a year and after taxes that equals out to around $2000 a month. He just recently got a new Mustang. He pays $300 a month for his car payment, and $400 in insurance a month. Add on gas $80-150 and he is spending almost half his paycheck a month on his car.

Just something to think about. Your finances are none of my business but I just wanted to put things in perspective. Insurance companies are fuckers when it comes to Mustangs and other new musclecars.

I'll say mustang, as I drive an '00 GT myself. :lol:

I am a WRX fan but I prefer Evos. If you had one of those on the list that would have been my choice.

Dude.. don't buy a Pontiac. Respect your income more than that. I'd say maybe the Mustang, but I'm leaning towards the WRX. The Pontiacs have horrible service records, don't retain their value for crap, and have bad warranties. I'm assuming you have a decent price range if you're looking at the WRX.. have you considered an RX8 or maybe even a Scion model C? My brother is also really fond of the Acura RSX type S.

The Subaru all-wheel drive would come in handy if you get a lot of snow, and if you're into customization, there's a ton of aftermarket parts for the WRX. Personally, I'd be wary of the first year Pontiacs. The new Mustang is growing on me, but I'd want to wait until the bugs have been worked out, and also to see the Cobra model.

Have you checked your insurance premium on all 4? I'd be interested which would be the most/least to insure.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Have you considered the Legacy?

obsidianblackpearl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thats what my brother has and he loves it, (I think his is like a 1999 or 2000), I might check out the GT model and see how that stacks up to the WRX. The AWD is a bonus with the Subaru's, and will come in handy where I live. After thinking it over the Mustang is last on my list because of gas and insurance, I am now driving a Escalade and it kills me in the wallet when I have to gas it up.

[quote name='BIG5']Don't buy American![/QUOTE]

As much as I hate to say it, when it comes to automoblie reliability he is absolutely correct.

old creepy 70's van with a bubble window, brown color, tinted out, with an airbrushed dragon on the side, and curtains inside, matress in the back, skull shifter, and knife under the seat

I'd go with the Mustang. The new Mustang is a HUGE improvement over the original. Now all you gotta do is slap on some 20 inch rims, tv's in the backseat, some video games, loud ass bass, and you're fine :D

[quote name='ajh2298']Thats what my brother has and he loves it, (I think his is like a 1999 or 2000), I might check out the GT model and see how that stacks up to the WRX. The AWD is a bonus with the Subaru's, and will come in handy where I live. After thinking it over the Mustang is last on my list because of gas and insurance, I am now driving a Escalade and it kills me in the wallet when I have to gas it up.[/QUOTE]

AWD is basically standard for most of subaru's cars

Do not get the GTO or the G6! Pontiacs have sooooo many problems! My mom used to have a grand am and it was in the shop atleast once a month. Everyone Ive ever known that had a Pontiac had problems. Id go with the Mustang personally, but if I were you I would pick between Mustang and WRX.

[quote name='DT778']Those new Mustangs look great. I'd get one if I wasn't so tall. Based on looks alone don't get the Pontiac GTO.[/QUOTE]

Arrghhh!?! You're kidding right? I think the new Mustangs and dang ugly. Then again, I've never been a fan of 'em so perhaps I am biased.

Having just recently bought a car, I personally would go with either the WRX (but make it the STi version) or the G6. Remote start is such a nice feature to have and it's standard on the G6. I have had it on 2 cars now. As far as ride goes, the G6 has a smoother ride, but the WRX is much faster. It's really up to you as far as how much speed you want, and how much luxury you want as well.

[quote name='swetooth9']AWD is basically standard for most of subaru's cars[/QUOTE]

If by "basically standard" you mean "the only thing available" then yes. :lol:

You can see on their model list that AWD is selected on everything.

I test drove a Legacy GT, and loved it, being 6'7" it has the best leg room out of all the cars I drove. And with the $10,000 I save between the Legacy and the WRX I think I will get a Hot Tub installed over the summer.

bread's done
Back