Pinball FX 2 - Free Paranormal table from 10/26 to 11/2!!!

[quote name='Blade3D']big thanks to Spybreak8 as most of my score came from him.[/QUOTE]Considering he has 50 of the 57 achievements across all tables I don't even want to know what his Wizard Score is... :lol:

(Hell, I still own a number of tables were I have no achievements and like only one table with all three.)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Considering he has 50 of the 57 achievements across all tables I don't even want to know what his Wizard Score is... :lol:

(Hell, I still own a number of tables were I have no achievements and like only one table with all three.)[/QUOTE]

Please if you have KGSoloman8000 on your friends list as well he's got just as many achievements as I do and a killer score on a few Marvel tables (I think Wolverine and Iron Man specifically).

[quote name='Spybreak8']Please if you have KGSoloman8000 on your friends list as well he's got just as many achievements as I do and a killer score on a few Marvel tables (I think Wolverine and Iron Man specifically).[/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't think I have anyone on the forum on my friends list for this... Not sure...

I know this because I have allot of high scores when I boot it up! :lol:

[quote name='Pure Apathy']From Facebook:[/QUOTE]

Cool, always looking for a new table... :D

Did they say 360 only or did they mention the PS3 also? (Trying to figure out if its a Marvel table or not.)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Did they say 360 only or did they mention the PS3 also? (Trying to figure out if its a Marvel table or not.)[/QUOTE]

They didn't post anything else besides what I quoted. It sounds like a lot of people think it'll be the Captain America table.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']They didn't post anything else besides what I quoted. It sounds like a lot of people believes it'll be the Captain America table.[/QUOTE]

That would be my guess. :D

I forgot about the FF table because I was on vacation in Montreal for an Industrial music festival. I'll DL the FF when I get home and can't wait to play it!

I bet the next table will be Captain America too, as a tie-in with the movie coming out.

Captain America has officially been announced and will be releasing the 29th of June for FX2. I love the WWII theme of the table. Looking forward to it, and it will be a day 1 purchase for me :D (unless I can find a way to score an early code)

http://kotaku.com/5812031

Wtf facebook, the Zen Studios post wasn't on my Facebook homepage but after going to my homepage again after like 5 minutes the post that says Captain America is coming is 5 hours ago?! Well yah anyways lol.

[quote name='Solid Scarecrow']I own like four tables and could use friend requests to boost my wizard score. anyone want to send me a friend request please do[/QUOTE]

I'll add you Scarecrow. Could use some Wizard score boosting myself.

[quote name='Spybreak8']YES! Finally took out Ultimo and secured the third achievement for Iron Man! Now to try for the FF table.[/QUOTE]

I've seen Ultimo... in the trailer! :lol:

Congrats man. That's an amazing feat in my books. :applause:

[quote name='Spybreak8']YES! Finally took out Ultimo and secured the third achievement for Iron Man! Now to try for the FF table.[/QUOTE]

Nice job man ;) The feeling of accomplishment when the Ultimo cheevo pops up is what this game is all about :D

How many Ultimo activations did it take before you finally got the better of him? It's listed in the stats for the table... I didn't beat him until (un)lucky number 13 LOL :) He brings the pain...

I lucked out and got an early peek at Captain America! I gotta tell you guys... This table is amazing. It's going to be close but it might actually dethrone Blade as my favorite FX2 table.

I will link my pinhead review once the media embargo is lifted. I don't know when that is exactly, but I'll look into it...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sp8001']Nice job man ;) The feeling of accomplishment when the Ultimo cheevo pops up is what this game is all about :D

How many Ultimo activations did it take before you finally got the better of him? It's listed in the stats for the table... I didn't beat him until (un)lucky number 13 LOL :) He brings the pain...
[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys.
Oh cool, didn't even know there was a stats place for the table.
Man that Captain America table sounds like it's going to please! :bouncy:

Yeah the new Cap table is pretty fun. Seems like quite a lot to do and I'm having a blast with it when I need breaks from Dungeon Siege III.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Man that Captain America table sounds like it's going to please! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]Official Xbox Magazine did a quick review for the last three tables...

Mars got a respectable 7.
Fantastic Four got a solid 8.
Captain America got a 8.5 so, yeah, its going to be awesome.

Anyone see a conflict with the tables when browsing the game marketplace? I bought the original pinball fx along with the rocky and bullwinkle & sf2 tables but on pinball fx 2 when I click to open the dlc content it doesn't show them purchased.

Also, which tables would u all recommend to buy? I got the marvel pack already.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Anyone see a conflict with the tables when browsing the game marketplace? I bought the original pinball fx along with the rocky and bullwinkle & sf2 tables but on pinball fx 2 when I click to open the dlc content it doesn't show them purchased.

Also, which tables would u all recommend to buy? I got the marvel pack already.[/QUOTE]

When you first boot up the game it will check to see what previous licenses (tables) you have and it should automatically download the new FX2 versions for free. They wont show up as purchased in the FX2 DLC list though. I don't know if you have to have FX1 still installed on your HD or not, I left it on there though.

The FX2 Core pack is a must buy. 4 of Zen's IP tables, all of them unique and fun in their own way. And of course, Captain America comes out in 2 days. I got a sneak peek at it and it is AWESOME. Second only to Blade. I will have a review up for it later tonight or tomorrow morning :D

I had a lot of fun with MARS too ;)

Thanks! I kept pinball fx 1 installed but still like u it doesn't show them purchased that's weird. Oh well they work fine and just read they reset the scores for rocky and bullwinkle.

I'm debating on some tables I'm missing which are: mars, earth defense, soul calibur and think the Mansions table. Decisions, decisions..

[quote name='intoxicated662']Thanks! I kept pinball fx 1 installed but still like u it doesn't show them purchased that's weird. Oh well they work fine and just read they reset the scores for rocky and bullwinkle.

I'm debating on some tables I'm missing which are: mars, earth defense, soul calibur and think the Mansions table. Decisions, decisions..[/QUOTE]

MARS is the best out of those, followed by Earth Defense... Soul Calibur (I wish lol) is actually called Excalibur based on the Knights of the Round Table. Don't overlook Fantastic 4 though, there is a pretty major scoring glitch on it now, so I expect a leaderboard reset in the future, but none the less it is still an amazing table with tons of different modes and (stackable) multiball :D

Yeah true, but after awhile u start adding up the costs per table pinball fx comes in at a hefty price especially if u bought some tables from the start of pinball fx along with the original game. I gotta spend 1140 msp to have them all but I'll wait for a sale. Don't even use xbl online anymore anyways.

Any tips to pick up your wizard score fast? Wanna get that last avatar award. Think it's a wizard robe..

Yea, it might be the most expensive game on XBLA with all of its DLC... IMO it's worth every penny. What is it all together? A little over $50 right?

Wizard score is related to your pinball playing friends on your friends list. Hit up the leaderboards and try to add some guys with decent scores. The robe is pretty lame though...

I own all the tables and will probably pick up Captain America this weekend.

I sent out some friend requests so if you received one from cuta that is me.

I broke 15 million on Iron Man this morning... I actually finished off two Mandarin challenges too. (I'm pretty sure I've completed a challenge or two before but I know I hadn't done two in one game.)

I also broke 10 million twice. Yay me!

Edit: I really detest that table... I think I lack the reflex to be really good at it. I miss allot of ramp shots and cannot recover quickly enough to save the ball from going down the drain.

Yeah lol it's like the Rock Band of Pinball Games with a stream of DLC to pick from.

Yeah I got to Galactic, Galatrix?, twice in one game with Iron Man last night. I had to go to work and I'm playing f'n Iron Man table haha. I choked every time I got to the wizard mode, gah well at least got a new high score.

As one who has all the tables, I know it's expensive but I've gotten a lot out of them, I have to say my list of favorites, in semi order lol, are:

Spider-Man
Speed Machine
Secrets of the Deep
Iron Man
Buccaneer
Fantastic Four
Blade
Wolverine
MARS
Agents
Pasha
Biolab
Rome
Rocky & Bullwinkle
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Earth Defense
Excalibur
Nightmare Mansions
Extreme

Gonna say a few things about each but that's too much work haha but it's pretty much like that. I hate Extreme so much, that table is a disaster and I'm glad I only hate one table out of 19. I've started to love the FX tables more now since they're playable with the FX 2 engine. Speed Machine, Buccaneer, Agents and Earth Defense are my favs from FX1. I still think it's cool that Zen let us import our old tables in for free and probably why I don't even debate putting the money down for a new table when it comes out.

I'm getting some points for my birthday (well, it's after my bday - not really today), so probably going to get Captain America tonight or any case by the weekend (I've also been eyeing Hard Corps, so I might buy that while on sale, and then I'll be playing that and CA will probably be on hold. Not sure.)

Picked up the Monte Carlo Rally DLC for Dirt 3 so I used the points on the Captain America table. Yeah initially I like it and have to say the cosmic cube is a neat little touch by Zen.

[quote name='cdeener']I own all the tables and will probably pick up Captain America this weekend.

I sent out some friend requests so if you received one from cuta that is me.[/QUOTE]

Lol was just gonna head onto xbox.com to ask who it was before I seen this post. Accepted your invite a couple days ago.

New table is pretty fun. I suck at pinball but it's a great change of pace game. Also picked up the Marvel 4 table pack that i'd been meaning to do forever. :D

What view is the best? I just play on standard usually is that what yall do or vary by table?

I finally picked up Captain America today and I do like it. Like usual, the game is pretty confusing and the help only helps so much. I really wish they would do a better job of explaining the rules, like they did in Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams. Still, I'm starting to figure it out.

As far as what view to use, usually I use one of the higher up fixed views. It's not perfect, but it works best for me generally. I really wish the game did Kinect head tracking so that you could tilt your head a tad left/right to peer from that side. Maybe Pinball FX 3. :)

Yeah I'm usually using View 4 although I've had to change that with the newer tables now. It used to remember the right view for my table but now I have to manually adjust it all the time. Anyone know how to set it back to what I had going before?

So, we've gotten:

April -- Mars
May -- Fantastic Four
June -- Captain America

Any guesses for July? I'm thinking it's either Paranormal or Ghost Rider.

The captain's modes are difficult, especially the one that uses the funky miniplayfield on the left (not the shield one, but the magnets one). Does anyone have tips on how to complete that thing? Just flipping like crazy doesn't seem to work well.

For Captain America it seems if you flip one controller multiple times you're better off because as soon as you alternate flippers the ball usually goes down, off the magnets.

New table announcement is planned for tomorrow!

Here are the clues from twitter:

Clue #1: there has never been a table based on this property (i.e. not Marvel)

Clue #2: the setting is a science lab

Anyone have a guess?

Just officially announced...

The new table is based on Twisted Pixel's upcoming game Ms. Splosion Man!

I think this one could be a lot of fun :D!

No trailer or release date yet :(

Saw the announcement on Facebook, super cool especially since they're going to put a pinball table in the arcade area of Ms. Splosion.

Sweet, can't wait for that. I'm assuming it comes out the same day as Ms Splosion Man(since it's actually in the Ms Splosion Man game), or no?

bread's done
Back