Pinball FX 2 - Free Paranormal table from 10/26 to 11/2!!!

^ Nice! :) That table has some brutal bounces lol.

Spider-Man tourney should be live or will be going live soon. Prizes to top 3 and randoms. I don't care for this table and it's scoring methods too much... but I will participate none the less. See you guys on the LBs ;).

[quote name='sp8001']^ Nice! :) That table has some brutal bounces lol.

Spider-Man tourney should be live or will be going live soon. Prizes to top 3 and randoms. I don't care for this table and it's scoring methods too much... but I will participate none the less. See you guys on the LBs ;).[/QUOTE]

Oh nice although I usually try to play other tables because I spend so much time on the Spider-Man table. I have to set aside an hour at least sometimes.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']If anyone wants someone else on their Pinball FX 2 list of enemies feel free to add me.

GT: ChernobylCow[/QUOTE]

Sent you a FR!

A Spider-Man table tournament! I missed the other ones so I will try my luck at this for sure.

I looked for a PS3 thread for this and couldn't find one (I play it on the 360, though). I was thinking this might be a cool game on the Vita. They could implement some interesting features like a view the changes with how the console is tilted.

Picked Captain America today and got to play a couple of games this morning. I like the table so far and will play it some more to try and rack up a better score.

Take a look at the new Ghost Rider table... Looks fucking AWESOME!

4e25f733aa163.jpg

Looks sweet! Any Speculation on other Tables in the pack? The pack is called Vengeance and Virtue. Ghost Rider takes care of the vengeance for sure. :)

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Looks sweet! Any Speculation on other Tables in the pack? The pack is called Vengeance and Virtue. Ghost Rider takes care of the vengeance for sure. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm not quite sure what that pack will include. Details are still unclear. Ghost Rider might be a stand alone release. It might also be included in the pack.

If I had to guess... I would say GR will be a stand alone table, along with Hulk. And then later this year (I'm guessing Christmas time) we will get the new Marvel 4 pack with 4 unannounced tables. If not then it will be GR and Hulk along with 2 unannounced tables.

What I want:

Blade II
Deadpool
Gambit
Silver Surfer
Storm
Villains Table

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Looks sweet! Any Speculation on other Tables in the pack? The pack is called Vengeance and Virtue. Ghost Rider takes care of the vengeance for sure. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the logo for the pack has some clues in it...

detail.jpg

but I'll be honest... My days of following Marvel close enough to figure out whose powers have that sort of tail effect I'm not sure.

It seem very similar to something I've seen in previews too...

[quote name='sp8001']I'm not quite sure what that pack will include. Details are still unclear. Ghost Rider might be a stand alone release. It might also be included in the pack.

If I had to guess... I would say GR will be a stand alone table, along with Hulk. And then later this year (I'm guessing Christmas time) we will get the new Marvel 4 pack with 4 unannounced tables. If not then it will be GR and Hulk along with 2 unannounced tables.

What I want:

Blade II
Deadpool
Gambit
Silver Surfer
Storm
Villains Table[/QUOTE]
This is from marvel.com:
Oh, but that's not all! "Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue" is a brand new edition to the Marvel Pinball library, and lands on Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network this winter! There will be four character tables included in "Vengeance and Virtue," including Johnny Blaze, Ghost Rider!

Here's the full story: http://marvel.com/news/story/16339/san_diego_comic-con_2011_more_marvel_pinball_on_the_way

My guesses for the 4 tables: Ghost Rider, Thor, Silver Surfer, and Hulk.

[quote name='chopper']Has any release date been announced yet for the Ms. Splosion Man table?[/QUOTE]

No specific date yet... but it will be coming out "around PAX". So next month sometime.

They should have a sale on some of the tables and get more people into the game. It's fun! Tournaments, online and offline play, leaderboards and such. This game has lots to offer and i've recently gotten a few people into it also. Can't forget..you can use the XBL Vision Camera too haha

I wish the new marvel pack was coming this month. Then I'd have 1600 points of stuff to buy and get back 160 points, which is better then nothing. If I can figure out 800 other points of DLC I really want, I'll go ahead and finally get the first Marvel pack, though. I already have all the other tables.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I'm sure the logo for the pack has some clues in it...

detail.jpg

but I'll be honest... My days of following Marvel close enough to figure out whose powers have that sort of tail effect I'm not sure.

It seem very similar to something I've seen in previews too...[/QUOTE]The lightning going in a circle makes me think of Thor because when Thor swings his hammer by the strap it makes a circle of lightning.

That green robot head on Ms. Splosion man is actually a cameo of Destructoid.com's mascot. Just a little Snapple fact for yeh.

I think Punisher would fit with the "Vengeance" theme but I see no hint in the logo towards him.

Everyone seems to think the Hulk but I don't know exactly what the hulk would need to avenge...and there isn't any green in the logo.

If it's not a team I think you need to think of who has a book of their own and stands alone (which would knock Storm out). Maybe Capt. Marvel?

[quote name='Spybreak8']Silver Surfer I would think would be Virtue.[/QUOTE]

I still say Virtue and the way it looks would be Silver Surfer.

Ms Sploision Man table looks cool but I never bonded with the related game though.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']There a date for the new Marvel tables?[/QUOTE]

December for the Marvel 4 pack...

There will be 3 more tables released after Ms. Splosion Man and before Marvel V&V... Sorcerer's Lair, Paranormal, and an unannounced original table from Zen.

I am looking forward to it ;)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']There a date for the new Marvel tables?[/QUOTE]

Last I heard it was fall of 2011 so I'd assume def after Ms. Splosion Man.

Edit: Ahh nvm, KG beat me to it lol.

So what do you guys think of the Ms. Splosion Man table? I like it. The scores on it are ridiculously high compared to other Pinball FX2 tables, but I'm Ok with that. It just means I finally found a table I can crack 100M on :lol:

I think the table is a lot of fun, nabbing 400M my first time. Zen did a great job capturing the feel of Twisted Pixel's Ms. Splosion Man. I was hesitant about getting it since I already have like 20 tables lol. I'm glad I picked it up though because I'm having a lot of fun with the table and liking the XBLA game tie in. Makes me want a Pac Man CE, Trials HD, and/or Castle Crashers pinball table. Yeah that'd be sick.

[quote name='Spybreak8']I think the table is a lot of fun, nabbing 400M my first time.[/QUOTE] :shock: You, sir, make me sick. I mean that as a compliment.

[quote name='Spybreak8'] I'm glad I picked it up though because I'm having a lot of fun with the table and liking the XBLA game tie in. Makes me want a Pac Man CE, Trials HD, and/or Castle Crashers pinball table. Yeah that'd be sick.[/QUOTE] How about a Shadow Complex table? I know they aren't XBLA games, but I would sell my soul for a Portal 2 or Saint's Row themed table. :drool:

[quote name='Danimal']:shock: You, sir, make me sick. I mean that as a compliment.

How about a Shadow Complex table? I know they aren't XBLA games, but I would sell my soul for a Portal 2 or Saint's Row themed table. :drool:[/QUOTE]

You've had too much cake :bouncy: I'm waiting until tomorrow, the beginning of September to see what promotion they have for the XBL Rewards. Probably pick up the ms splosion man table and the 3 others i'm missing so I can finally have them all. I'd like to see some of the other tables Zen has worked on come to xbox 360 but doubt it'll happen. I'm looking @ you Ninja Gaiden..

[quote name='Danimal']:shock: You, sir, make me sick. I mean that as a compliment.

How about a Shadow Complex table? I know they aren't XBLA games, but I would sell my soul for a Portal 2 or Saint's Row themed table. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Haha thanks man, some tables let me shine while other tables I still have trouble cracking that high score. Hate to say it but I got a better score once I looked at the rule sheet!

I was thinking about a Shadow Complex table but I didn't know how that would work successfully.

Pinball FX 2 is great, but this is far more exciting for me. The devs of Pinball Hall of Fame are finally making a brand new collection! Presumably also coming to the Xbox and PS3 (and WiiU?). FarSight Studios posted on the PHoF Facebook page:

FarSight Studios is extremely proud to announce that we will be releasing a new pinball game in early 2012! We’ve been busy acquiring licenses, building new tables, and developing our technology on many platforms (including iPhone, iPad, and Android). We welcome all comments and table suggestions (we keep a running tally of all requests). We want to ensure that our game will be the definitive collection of classic pinball! Stay tuned for updates over the next few months!

Yes, but they are working on it and that's enough for me at the moment. I had been giving up hope. Pinball FX 2's games are decent, but not really very good compared to the awesome designs and game rules in the real games... well... presuming they get licenses for lots of good ones.

[quote name='crunchewy']Yes, but they are working on it and that's enough for me at the moment. I had been giving up hope. Pinball FX 2's games are decent, but not really very good compared to the awesome designs and game rules in the real games... well... presuming they get licenses for lots of good ones.[/QUOTE]

Even though there are no details posted yet, I'm very happy about the announcement. I prefer Williams Pinball HoF over Pinball FX 2, but the leaderboards blow in that game.

Here is the scoop, quoted from the XBLA deal thread.

[quote name='sp8001']Well get excited because it is more than just wishful thinking... I heard it in a podcast interview with Zen's PR rep. He said they are looking to diversify the FX2 library with more licensed tables (similar to Marvel), Zen originals (FX2 Core pack), and also classic tables from the arcade (pretty sure they will all be 90's machines with DMD). Nothing has been announced or set in stone yet, but I know they are working on it.

Unfortunately it looks like we wont see any classic tables until sometime next year... but we do have a lot to look forward to (7 tables!) before the end of this year:

Sorcerers Lair (just announced... Release date is Oct 12th)
Paranormal
Unannounced Zen Original (hinted earthquake theme)
New Marvel 4 pack including Ghost Rider and 3 unannounced tables[/QUOTE]

Also Zen is hinting at an awesome surprise for FX2 players... the speculation on the Zen forums is free DLC (Paranormal perhaps?)... Zen rep said we will get our "treat" before Halloween. How awesome would that be of Zen to give us a free table?

I think if they were to give a 'free table' it would be a great thing and then people would be like..ah what the heck, i'll buy this other table since I got this other free. Either way, i'll take it and am still planning on buying the remaining couple of tables I need to complete the collection.

I always said they need to bring in tables from the ps3 version of the game and here's a start, here is to hoping they bring the ninja gaiden table and some others.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Even though there are no details posted yet, I'm very happy about the announcement. I prefer Williams Pinball HoF over Pinball FX 2, but the leaderboards blow in that game.[/QUOTE]

I agree. There just tends to be a "sameness" to the FX2 tables, I know they go to a lot of trouble but the game just plays a bit too fast and frenetically for me. I'm very excited about the potential of a new anthology from FarSight next year.

I believe the "treat" from Zen is a Costume Quest table, but I'm guessing not free:

http://twitpic.com/6vlkda

Though Cookie Monster poking in from the side is probably a joke.... :) I have to say, if this is really coming, I will definitely be buying it!

[quote name='crunchewy']I believe the "treat" from Zen is a Costume Quest table, but I'm guessing not free:

Though Cookie Monster poking in from the side is probably a joke.... :) I have to say, if this is really coming, I will definitely be buying it![/QUOTE]

Holy crap!
tumblr_l8t3x1L4761qdgok0o1_500.png

[quote name='crunchewy']I believe the "treat" from Zen is a Costume Quest table, but I'm guessing not free:

Though Cookie Monster poking in from the side is probably a joke.... :) I have to say, if this is really coming, I will definitely be buying it![/QUOTE]

Double Fine's handling that Sesame Street Kinect game, hence Cookie Monster popping in.

Costume Quest and perhaps an easter egg or something with Cookie Monster? lol I'm in and it'll be a day 1 purchase. It's probably the only game double fine has made that I really liked and even better is the timing. Not to mention we're getting another table this month. Looks like i'll finally just buy all the remaining 4 tables I need to complete my collection. Zen is doing a great job

bread's done
Back