Pinball FX 2 - Free Paranormal table from 10/26 to 11/2!!!

I'm out of the loop on pinball FX 2 news. Off topic - I've been playing Rock Band 3 like a fiend lately, trying to master Bass and the Keyboard.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Honestly that silhouette makes me think of Mr. Sinister or even Blade haha, but that doesn't really fit with the "Virtue" theme. Looks like he's got a big popped collar on a jacket. Maybe Gambit? heh.[/QUOTE]

Even before I read your post I also thought it could be Mr sinister. Either that or Dr strange

Of the Marvel games not in the pack, which are the best to own? It looks like the remaining games I don't have will cost 2880 points but I have more than 3k in free points sitting around so I might just get them all...

Alright, fuck that Wolverine pin. fuck it right in the neck. I hate that goddamn pinball. It plays worse than a new stern! Seriously, there's no flow at all and even when I have the red ninjas lit and make the shot, 1/3rd of the time the mode won't start. fucking ridiculous!

Wolverine is a lot of fun once you can keep the kick back going on the left. That darn ball always tries to drain down there. I do agree though that the table's flow could have been better. It'll come with time though as I played this table the other night and was making ramp shots consistently, esp that one you need to hit to begin the Samurai Multiball/required shot.

I'm looking for more friends that play Pinball FX 2 so I can get that sweet wizard outfit. I'm halfway there! Just add me! My gamertag is Budz04

Thanks! :)

[quote name='budz']I'm looking for more friends that play Pinball FX 2 so I can get that sweet wizard outfit. I'm halfway there! Just add me! My gamertag is Budz04

Thanks! :)[/QUOTE]

I added you.

I am also looking to add people that have this to compare scores. I only have the Marvel/Core pack.

[quote name='budz']I'm looking for more friends that play Pinball FX 2 so I can get that sweet wizard outfit. I'm halfway there! Just add me! My gamertag is Budz04

[quote name='macontosh2000']I added you.

I am also looking to add people that have this to compare scores. I only have the Marvel/Core pack.[/QUOTE]

Add me if you want. I have all tables but Fantastic Four and Ms. Splosion Man, but I plan on buying those soon.

I have 380 points left and I decided to buy one of the last three tables I don't have.
Out of these three what would you recommend as the best one and how do they rank. Thanks

Sorcerer’s Lair
Ms. Splosion Man
Mars

[quote name='macontosh2000']I added you.

I am also looking to add people that have this to compare scores. I only have the Marvel/Core pack.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to add me if you want. I have lots of tables and I'm always happy to add fellow CAGs.

[quote name='flybrione']I have 380 points left and I decided to buy one of the last three tables I don't have.
Out of these three what would you recommend as the best one and how do they rank. Thanks

Sorcerer’s Lair
Ms. Splosion Man
Mars[/QUOTE]

Yeah I love all three but Sorcerer's Lair is the best.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Was the costume quest table with cookie monster a real thing? Or was that some kind of joke?[/QUOTE]

It was a joke. It was the Sorcerer's Lair table with all that photoshopped in.

What are the best individual tables, and do they ever go on sale?

Right now I have the Core and Marvel Packs along with Paranormal.

Man, I used to be good at Pinball and Pinball games back in the day, but I completely suck at this. I'm not finding my flow.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']What are the best individual tables, and do they ever go on sale?

Right now I have the Core and Marvel Packs along with Paranormal.[/QUOTE]

This has been asked multiple times in this thread.

I own all of the tables and think that Sorcerer's Lair, Excalibur, Mars, and Earth Defense are all pretty solid. I like Nightmare Mansion also, but some people hate it. Rocky and Bullwinkle and Street Fighter are near the bottom of my list, but I still enjoy them.

The only table that I outright cannot stand is Iron Man. I just cannot score on it to save my life.

Thanks for your input. Sorry, I'll look back through the thread to avoid the same old crap again.

I guess if I don't see any sales by the end of the year, I'll go ahead and buy a few.

Agreed

I've only quickly run through all 4 but at the moment I would put them in order as X-Men, Ghost Rider, Thor and then Moon Knight from most exciting to meh (although Moon Knight has a giant pinball crossbow though).

[quote name='Spybreak8']Agreed

I've only quickly run through all 4 but at the moment I would put them in order as X-Men, Ghost Rider, Thor and then Moon Knight from most exciting to meh (although Moon Knight has a giant pinball crossbow though).[/QUOTE]

Kinda funny, after playing them all my list is completely different than yours. Actually, reverse your list and you have my preference of tables.

Did anyone else notice that the music in Ghost Rider is a complete and total rip off of Marilyn Manson's "The Beautiful People"?

*edit*

By the way, if anyone wants to send a friend request for either wizard points or just to compare scores, my gamertag is Sycowolf.

I'm loving the new V&V pack! 4 great tables all of them presenting quite a challenge.

I can't wait to dive further into X-Men... 4 separate wizard modes to activate the final wizard mode clash with Magneto. That depth puts a smile on my face!

I thought Thor was so so the first time I played it. I played it some more and I really like it. It's fairly easy to stay alive and the challenges are pretty clear. Shoot these ramps or... shoot this ramp.

X-men is pretty tough. Seems like a simple table at first, but I couldn't stay alive and have no idea what anything on table did.

Apparently somebody at Zen has a huge boner for No Fear since they implemented three of the key features into Ghost Rider.

Im still in the so-so crowd with Thor. I know there's something there but as of yet I can't find the entertainment value. Moon Knight is still great! X-Men suffers from the too much going on problem a little bit. I think I can see what needs to be done, but the layout is a bit cramped and it's too easy to make the wrong shot since there's three things put together. Kind of like the TNG pin in real life. Sure it's fun and really neat, but there's just too much crap all over the place.

Ohhhh.. I didn't know the new Marvel pack was out. I'll have to download it stat!

Edit: Downloaded and played the new tables.

Moon Knight - Good design and fun table, even though I'm not familiar with the character.
Thor - Busy table, don't care for the design but felt oddly compelled to continue playing
Ghost Rider - Great table and fun design. Will probably be putting most of my time of the 4 new tables into this one.
Xmen - Boring table - don't like the design much at all. My least favorite of the new tables. Time may prove me wrong, though..

Pinheads will probably download these anyway, but for everybody else who's on the fence, or just a casual pinball player, wait for a sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I saw that, looks interesting and I like that they're thinking outside the box. I really don't care about customization though.

I'll definitely be picking EQ up next week. It's an interesting mashup. As an RPG-lover, I've been suckered into a lot of these games adding in RPG elements lately. I've been looking for an excuse to come back to FX2 and this is a good one.

hulk610.jpg

YES!!!!!

I haven't played Pinball FX 2 or bought a new table in ages. But! I do have an interview with Zen Studios in the works that will hopefully run within the next 2 or 3 weeks. It focuses on the upcoming Windows Phone version, yet also has lots of general stuff about Pinball FX 2 and Zen Pinball. Will let you guys know when it goes live.

Haven't played Pinball FX2 in a while and I think that's due to just playing the crap out of the game and not being able to top my uber high scores lol but yeah picked up Pinball Arcade, yeah it's a lot of fun (also get to play on RL tables).

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']After The Pinball Arcade, that's literally one of the only things that could bring me to buy another PBFX2 table.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you like FX2?

Archer table sounds SWEET! Thanks for the heads up Spy.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']how is epic quest? I like the idea of an rpg tqble with persistent equipment and exp, but the aesthetic looks hokey and corny.[/QUOTE]

I played it on my tablet and while it didn't click with me initially, once I took the time to understand the RPG element of it I realized it was a very deep table.

Yeah, it has a corny atmosphere. You may want to wait until they do an RPG table with a more serious tone.

bread's done
Back