Pinball FX 2 - Free Paranormal table from 10/26 to 11/2!!!

[quote name='Techsticles']Looks like none of the Pinball FX2 avatar awards work after the dashboard update. This is the only game I have they are not appearing for.[/QUOTE]

Yeah ditto, there is just an exclamation mark where the shirt is supposed to be. There is a thread over at the xbox Pinball FX 2 where others have said the same thing. Hopefully they fix it, I actually wanted to wear that sweet flame shirt.

Anyone looking to boost their Wizard score, please feel free to add me, too. I may send out a bunch of friend requests to some of you myself, since not one person on my friend list is playing this. I have 8 tables now, and will probably add a few more.

So glad I checked this thread out - I totally forgot that this game came out last week. Going to jump online and download it right now and buy some tables that I didn't buy for FX1. Feel free to add me, I'm always down for a game.

I haven't played the multiplayer yet, but if there's enough interest, we could set up a pinball fx2 league. i'm in a real life league and it's fun as hell to have a pinball match to play every week. If people are down I'd love to set one up.

[quote name='Ginsburger']So glad I checked this thread out - I totally forgot that this game came out last week. Going to jump online and download it right now and buy some tables that I didn't buy for FX1. Feel free to add me, I'm always down for a game.

I haven't played the multiplayer yet, but if there's enough interest, we could set up a pinball fx2 league. i'm in a real life league and it's fun as hell to have a pinball match to play every week. If people are down I'd love to set one up.[/QUOTE]

A league sounds like a pretty fun idea. I wish there was something like that for real in my area, but I have a hard enough time finding a good selection of pinball games in AZ. Usually, it's just the 1 or 2 that are in local theaters. Dave and Busters doesn't seem to have any... Gameworks has 2, I think, but they've almost always been broken when I've gone in. One day I'm headed to Vegas just to visit the Pinball Hall of Fame...

[quote name='BlueWingX']A league sounds like a pretty fun idea. I wish there was something like that for real in my area, but I have a hard enough time finding a good selection of pinball games in AZ. Usually, it's just the 1 or 2 that are in local theaters. Dave and Busters doesn't seem to have any... Gameworks has 2, I think, but they've almost always been broken when I've gone in. One day I'm headed to Vegas just to visit the Pinball Hall of Fame...[/QUOTE]

It's very hard to find pinball machines around here...At least there's an Adams Family machine at my local pool hall. The rest are anywhere from 30-45 minutes away.

That was it crunchewy....thanks for the help. Not sure why it would do that, but all I had to do was just leave the download window open until it was finished. Weird.
thanks!

[quote name='eastx']Add me too, folks. I have all but 1 or 2 tables.[/QUOTE]Tried to, but it said your friends list is full.

Sent out friend requests to a few of you guys this morning. I'll be the guy at the bottom of your friends list leaderboard. :)

A pinball league would be cool. I'd even get live for it!

Add me too. I don't know anybody who has this either. I'll add a bunch of you when I get the chance.

There's quite a few places in MN, and there's a group that meets every 3 weeks going to different places to play.

There's a bar/bowling alley 25 minutes away from me that has 40 games, including the 2 newest games, so I'm never at a loss for pinball.

Add me also if you're looking to boost your score. I have all but one table and will probably get it too eventually. I really enjoy the leaderboard competition in this game, and multiplayer has been fun the couple of times I've played.

I've got some decent scores. My Biolab score is in the top 100, but I can't remember the exact position. Is there any way to see the leaderboards from the web? I wish you could. Among the friends on my list, as of last night, I had the high wizard score. Not sure if that's still the case. I've only got the 4 main games, but will be picking up the others soon so I ought to be able to get a pretty good wizard score. I think we ought to be able unlock the wizard outfits. Just need everybody to add everybody, and play more pinball! I'm at 7000 something and only have the 4 main games. There's, what, 6 or 7 more you can buy? Just buying them and playing them for 2 seconds each would put me up to 50k, let alone actually getting scores on them!

On Biolab, I'm still not entirely clear what you do to enable locks in this game. I think it might be ramp combos (loop, then ramp), but I'm not really sure. I just shot stuff like that and would end up with the locks enabled, whether that was really it or not! It's damned confusing. A lot of my points came from that main multiball. I must have played it 7 or 8 times and scored a lot of jackpots and super jackpots (I think it's shoot two ramps, then shoot that main, big shot for super jackpot, whatever the heck it's suppose to be.) Also played the modes (main shot multiple times to start), and got to and completed the wizard mode.

I hate that stupid little tilt-o-matic mini-playfield thing. It's just dumb. Wait. Wait. Wait. Press launch (no need to hurry). Then tilt to put it into that bendy tube thing. Hmm? That's part of the wizard mode??? The only challenging part of it is trying t figure out what the hell it's talking about in the instructions. I wasted 3 or 4 attempts because I didn't understand that it wasn't saying to "jump" right away. All you had to do was sit there and twiddle your thumbs for 10 seconds. Just wait until it says to jump, then press the A button (or flip the right stick - basically, launch the ball.) Then tilt left and right and put it in the tube at the lower left.

The wizard score thing is such a scam. I'm not really complaining here, just noting that the only point of it is to convince you to buy all the other games. It works. ;^)

I was just thinking... this game could use Kinect in an awesome way. It could change your view of the table based on how you position yourself. I know a lot of folks here aren't fans of the kinect concept, but I really think that could enhance a game like this immensely. One of the problems is that it's hard to find a view that really lets you see everything you need to see. It's true in all video pinball games. If your view of the machine changed as you, say, leaned to the right so you could see a shot on the left better... well that would be incredible. I'm thinking especially of Pasha here, which has those shots at the top on the left and right that are hard to see and aim for. If I could just lean forward and left/right when needed to get a better view when I'm making those shots it would be fantastic.

[quote name='crunchewy'] The wizard score thing is such a scam. I'm not really complaining here, just noting that the only point of it is to convince you to buy all the other games. It works. ;^)[/QUOTE] Yeah, and the worst part is that the avatar awards that unlock when your wizard score gets high enough don't even work. #-o Really hope they patch that up in the next few days.

[quote name='Danimal']Yeah, and the worst part is that the avatar awards that unlock when your wizard score gets high enough don't even work. #-o Really hope they patch that up in the next few days.[/QUOTE]

Doh! I hadn't tried to use them yet. It's perhaps worth noting, though, that other games have had such issues since the dashboard update, but I've read that people were able to apply their awards via the xbox.com web avatar editor. I'm going to try it....

EDIT: yep, I was able to add my Pinball FX 2 t-shirt to my avatar via the web. I wasn't, however, able to apply that gamerpic you unlock. Or maybe you just don't do that in the avatar editor? Probably not now that I think about it. In any case the t-shirt seems to have worked. Not sure if it's showing up on the xbox itself, but it shows up on xbox.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='2DMention']A pinball league would be cool. I'd even get live for it!

Add me too. I don't know anybody who has this either. I'll add a bunch of you when I get the chance.

There's quite a few places in MN, and there's a group that meets every 3 weeks going to different places to play.

There's a bar/bowling alley 25 minutes away from me that has 40 games, including the 2 newest games, so I'm never at a loss for pinball.[/QUOTE]

I live in MN as well. I couldn't even tell you the last time I played a real pinball machine.

[quote name='crunchewy']I've got some decent scores. My Biolab score is in the top 100, but I can't remember the exact position. Is there any way to see the leaderboards from the web? I wish you could. Among the friends on my list, as of last night, I had the high wizard score. Not sure if that's still the case. I've only got the 4 main games, but will be picking up the others soon so I ought to be able to get a pretty good wizard score. I think we ought to be able unlock the wizard outfits. Just need everybody to add everybody, and play more pinball! I'm at 7000 something and only have the 4 main games. There's, what, 6 or 7 more you can buy? Just buying them and playing them for 2 seconds each would put me up to 50k, let alone actually getting scores on them!

On Biolab, I'm still not entirely clear what you do to enable locks in this game. I think it might be ramp combos (loop, then ramp), but I'm not really sure. I just shot stuff like that and would end up with the locks enabled, whether that was really it or not! It's damned confusing. A lot of my points came from that main multiball. I must have played it 7 or 8 times and scored a lot of jackpots and super jackpots (I think it's shoot two ramps, then shoot that main, big shot for super jackpot, whatever the heck it's suppose to be.) Also played the modes (main shot multiple times to start), and got to and completed the wizard mode.

I hate that stupid little tilt-o-matic mini-playfield thing. It's just dumb. Wait. Wait. Wait. Press launch (no need to hurry). Then tilt to put it into that bendy tube thing. Hmm? That's part of the wizard mode??? The only challenging part of it is trying t figure out what the hell it's talking about in the instructions. I wasted 3 or 4 attempts because I didn't understand that it wasn't saying to "jump" right away. All you had to do was sit there and twiddle your thumbs for 10 seconds. Just wait until it says to jump, then press the A button (or flip the right stick - basically, launch the ball.) Then tilt left and right and put it in the tube at the lower left.

The wizard score thing is such a scam. I'm not really complaining here, just noting that the only point of it is to convince you to buy all the other games. It works. ;^)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just realized you were the friend request I received recently and how the hell did you get such a high score on Biolab?!?

I must be playing these tables wrong because I do decently but can never read the LCD scrolls fast enough to see what the hell I'm supposed to do before the ball is about to get lost. I mean I improved my game somewhat at least by someone here cluing me in on the table bumping to save my balls. Overall, I just keep hitting the ball and stopping it when I can but have a hard time figuring out what the hell I'm supposed to be doing unless there is something clearly flashing telling me where I'm supposed to go.

[quote name='Danimal']Sent out friend requests to a few of you guys this morning. I'll be the guy at the bottom of your friends list leaderboard. :)[/QUOTE]

If that's the case I'll clear a spot on my friends list for you ;)

BTW, I have all the boards with the exception of the Rocky & Bullwinkle, Nightmare, and Excalibur. I'll probably be buying them soon but I need to make sure I have enough points to get the Dragon Age DLC on sale this week first.

[quote name='woodcan']Yeah, I just realized you were the friend request I received recently and how the hell did you get such a high score on Biolab?!?[/QUOTE]

Multiball over and over, plus going for those modes, but I'm not sure how much they factored in. Probably not insignificant, but getting lots and lots of jackpots and super jackpots is good. :) In any case shooting the main shot up there is safe and will get you modes, so you might as well shoot it. The hardest mode to complete is that damned skill shot one. Really sucks when you get to the second set and you have to get 4 skill shots instead of 3 (at least 4 - I got 3 but not 4 the second time). Ouch. Don't forget to bump to coerce the ball into the skill shot. Doesn't always work, but if it's going to be a miss you might as well bump the thing.

Second hardest mode is the 2-ball multiball one where you have to repeat shots. That is, shoot some shot and that shot lights for a period of time and you need to shoot the same shot again within the time limit. Two shots can be lit at a time. I forget how many you have to complete to finish the mode. The other modes are easy. The one about building your strength wasn't obvious to me at first. Just shoot the "stand up targets" that are lit. The easiest ones to hit are the weird face-with-three-eyes thing in the middle of the playfield. Hit that a bunch of times and you'll complete the mode.

Also worth noting about that weird face thing: During normal play one of the eyes is lit. If you hit the lit eye, some other shot on the playfield lights for a while. If you shoot that before it times out you get a kickback lit. That's worth doing. It's not worth trying to get it started, but if you hit it by accident and a shot gets lit as a result, go for that shot, especially if it's the left ramp, which is a relatively easy shot. I think the shots are left ramp, right loop and the upper loop (going to the right), but don't quote me on it. I usually don't bother trying to get that upper loop. It's hard to do that one.

The wizard mode is pretty straight forward. You have to complete (successfully) all the modes to get to it, then start the next mode and it will be the wizard mode. There's 3 stages to the wizard mode. To get the achievement you have to complete all 3 stages.

I hit #34 on Pasha the other night with 105 million...

Still need to figure out Biolab, but the other ones at least I know what to do somewhat.

Love this game and can't wait for new tables.

I wish I could have more than 100 friends, then I could add a few of you guys but unfortunately yeah I'm maxed out.

On Pasha, I just can't beat that Guards mini-game for the life of me. Also I can't seem to land the right ramp (near the bumpers) anytime I need to. All the other tables I have no problem haha. Finally got my best high score on Street Fighter (55M) but still didn't nab any achievements on that table!

[quote name='sp8001']I hit #34 on Pasha the other night with 105 million...

Still need to figure out Biolab, but the other ones at least I know what to do somewhat.

Love this game and can't wait for new tables.[/QUOTE]

I am quite aware of your 105 million. :) Good game! I haven't figured Pasha out yet. Some of it, but not all. I'm working on it. :)

[quote name='2DMention']A pinball league would be cool. I'd even get live for it!

There's a bar/bowling alley 25 minutes away from me that has 40 games, including the 2 newest games, so I'm never at a loss for pinball.[/QUOTE]

2D - what's the name of this place? I'm nowhere near MN but if I ever find myself there I'd like to know where the places to play are.

For all who have never been there and enjoy pinball, you have to check out either the Vegas Pinball Hall of Fame, or more importantly, PAPA. I went for the first time this year and it's incredible. For those not in the know, it's this private facility in Pittsburgh with ~300 perfect working machines that is only open to the public 2-3 times a year. It's the world series of competitive pinball. I didn't seed in any of the tourneys but still had a blast playing all the machines.

As far as the league goes, can we get a list of people interested so I can start putting something together?

Finally, does anyone own any machines? I'm in the process of restoring a World Cup Soccer '94. Once I'm done with that I'm shooting for an NBA Fastbreak, Congo or Johnny Mnemonic.

Where's that at? The only place I know with a decent pinball selection is Spring Lake Park Mini-Golf course or the Midway during the State Fair (Adams Family!)

[quote name='Spybreak8']I wish I could have more than 100 friends, then I could add a few of you guys but unfortunately yeah I'm maxed out.[/QUOTE] I think before adding a few with this game, I had 7 people on my friend's list. I feel so unpopular. :oops:

Not really. I work nights and sleep during the day, so most of my gaming is either really early in the morning or really late at night, and hardly any of my "real world" friends are gamers.

To Twin Cities players, the place I'm talking about is Blainebrook bowl in Blaine, MN right on Hwy. 65

http://www.blainbrookbowl.com/tourarcade.html

11930 Central Avenue Northeast
Blaine, MN 55434
(763) 755-8731

The pic of the games aren't real current. They rotate games quite a bit.

Of the top of my head, their current games are:

Simpsons (Data East)
Diner
Jurrassic Park
Bride of Pinbot
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Iron Man

Big Buck Hunter
Gorgar
Whirlwind
Pinbot
Firepower
Sorcerer
Taxi

Dungeons and Dragons
Spider Man (Stern)
Centuar II
Bad Girls
Star Trek the Next Generation
Playboy 35th Anniversary
Demolition Man
Who Dunnit

There's many more, but those are the standouts.

They have a pinball tournament the first Sun of every month.

I have a small group of friends I go with to play with every sunday too. You're welcome to come and join us.

Another cool thing about this place is that they have several games that are on the Williams Collection.

The mini golf course is now called goony golf, and they have a great selection, but they're closed now. It's about a 5 minute drive from that place.

Another place that's pretty well known is SS Billiards in Hopkins.
Expensive to play ($1.00 for newer games), but he has

Wheel of Fortune
Batman Dark Knight
Spider Man
Pirates of the Carribean
Midevil Madness
Corvette
Star Trek
Attack From Mars
Creature from the Black Lagoon

Back on topic: How would a pinball league work? When I last clicked on tournaments, nothing came up in the game.

I'd be interested. Best times for me are Thurs.-Sat. Nights and Mon. nights.

[quote name='Ginsburger']2D - what's the name of this place? I'm nowhere near MN but if I ever find myself there I'd like to know where the places to play are.

For all who have never been there and enjoy pinball, you have to check out either the Vegas Pinball Hall of Fame, or more importantly, PAPA. I went for the first time this year and it's incredible. For those not in the know, it's this private facility in Pittsburgh with ~300 perfect working machines that is only open to the public 2-3 times a year. It's the world series of competitive pinball. I didn't seed in any of the tourneys but still had a blast playing all the machines.

As far as the league goes, can we get a list of people interested so I can start putting something together?

Finally, does anyone own any machines? I'm in the process of restoring a World Cup Soccer '94. Once I'm done with that I'm shooting for an NBA Fastbreak, Congo or Johnny Mnemonic.[/QUOTE]

I'm definetly interested in the league. The League of Extraordinary Cheapasses! :) I wish I owned a machine, but I'm poor, and we don't have the room for it. I miss the days when my community college had a Twilight Zone machine. I put in a lot of time on that.

Anyone who hasn't, feel free to add me. I've got all the tables and a decent superscore.

I don't know of any place around me with many pinball games.

I worked in an arcade for 6 years starting in highschool. I remember the owner constantly bitching about how expensive pinball machines were to upkeep. There was almost always something not working right and replacement parts were expensive; so I can understand it being hard, and expensive, to keep a large collection.

I remember one that I really enjoyed about river rafting. It was called white water rapids or something like that? Can anyone help me out here? Damn I wish I could remember the name. I also remember really loving Adams Family and Attack from Mars.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Gah, the avatar shirt award is still not working, damn it. Why would I want to get crazy hoodies if they don't work.[/QUOTE]

I believe almost everything is working on xbox.com. Just go online to use the avatar editor.

Also, by editing your 360 avatar online, it moves in your gamercard like mine, if you like that sort of thing (which I do). ;)

[quote name='Spybreak8']Gah, the avatar shirt award is still not working, damn it. Why would I want to get crazy hoodies if they don't work.[/QUOTE]

I was able to add it via the web. However, when I went to my xbox I was still like before, not in the new shirt. However, however, I went into the avatar editor on the xbox, it said that avatar clothing and items need to be updated, and it did that (took a minute or so) and then it seemed to be appearing. It showed up on my xbox and appears now on my profile page, at least:

http://live.xbox.com:80/en-US/MyXbox/Profile?gamertag=cruncis

On a different note, I was royally way confused on the wizard score. Adding 6x more wasn't going to take me to 50k!!! The number I was multiplying already had the 4x from the base 4 games in it. Doh! We need lots more people on our friends lists who play the game if we're going to make it to 100k. IF we ever get to it.

Last night I bought Excalibur and played that a bunch. I'm up to 108 million. It's a pretty good machine to get, but that right side ramp is pretty much impossible to shoot and you need to shoot it multiple times to start that multiball??? How many shots does it take? The kick out that leads down to the upper left flipper is way too fast and I can't make a reliable shot at the ramp as a result. Also, like all the games I've played in this so far, it's *really* confusing. However, the rules explanation for it is perhaps more understandable then the others. I wish they'd taken a hint from Pinball Hall of Fame and done the rules explanations that way - PHoF does an absolutely superb job of that.

Probably going to get Earth Defense next. I picked up a 1600 points card, so I'll be getting all of them soon.

NOTE: deleted my first post and combined with this one

I was able to add it via the web. However, when I went to my xbox I was still like before, not in the new shirt. However, however, I went into the avatar editor on the xbox, it said that avatar clothing and items need to be updated, and it did that (took a minute or so) and then it seemed to be appearing. It showed up on my xbox and appears now on my profile page, at least:

http://live.xbox.com:80/en-US/MyXbox/Profile?gamertag=cruncis

On a different note, I was royally way confused on the wizard score. Adding 6x more wasn't going to take me to 50k!!! The number I was multiplying already had the 4x from the base 4 games in it. Doh! We need lots more people on our friends lists who play the game if we're going to make it to 100k. IF we ever get to it.

Last night I bought Excalibur and played that a bunch. I'm up to 108 million. It's a pretty good machine to get, but that right side ramp is pretty much impossible to shoot and you need to shoot it multiple times to start that multiball??? How many shots does it take? The kick out that leads down to the upper left flipper is way too fast and I can't make a reliable shot at the ramp as a result. Also, like all the games I've played in this so far, it's *really* confusing. However, the rules explanation for it is perhaps more understandable then the others. I wish they'd taken a hint from Pinball Hall of Fame and done the rules explanations that way - PHoF does an absolutely superb job of that.

Probably going to get Earth Defense next. I picked up a 1600 points card, so I'll be getting all of them soon.

Regarding real pinball, I have a William's Fish Tales in my house. :) I love that game, though it's not a great game for beginners as it can be vicious. I probably should have picked something else as it would have gotten my kids more into the game. They just aren't that interested, which make me sad. But I love Fish Tales. Also I'm in the Free State Pinball Association. I was once upon a time the president, but now I'm just a player, which I like better anyway. We run leagues in the MD, DC and VA area. Check it out at: http://fspazone.org/ We even give away a pinball machine every year, and you can suck at pinball and have an equal chance to win - it doesn't matter! You get chances to win just by being an active member in one (or more) of the leagues. Lastly, we have a database of pinball machine locations. Admittedly it's probably not that up to date, but it will tell you where there are machines, if not exactly which ones. EDIT: Oh, and our league is designed to make it fun for everybody. The way it works is that you move up and down in groups depending on how you do, so you end up playing people at your own skill level. Then multiple divisions are broken out for the playoffs. We have players ranging from absolute beginners to folks who are contenders at the yearly PAPA world pinball championships. AND we have a great party at the end of every season, which is free for active players. FYI, we are non-profit, though not in an official manner, but all money taken in for dues goes toward prizes, give away machines and the party.

2D - that's a great lineup of games. I've always loved who dunnit even though it sucks that it's technically "unfinished".

Crunch - I got your request last night. I'm very familiar with the FSPA and almost sent an email out to one of the private arcade owners when I was in DC last week. I know Max B, Bob S (people who run the NYC league) and Steve M were at one of your more recent tourneys in VA. I'll probably tag along next time they go if I can. I'm a fan of Fish Tales but I agree it can be relentless for newbies.

Our league is run in a similar fashion as yours, although with PFX I think there would be a much smaller skill gap. I haven't explored the multiplayer yet but will do it this weekend.

I would suggest that we just do a 5-6 week league consisting of best-of-7 head's up matches. Hopefully we can get 7-8 people involved so that we have enough people for matches. Please add yourself to the list:

Ginsburger
Crunchewy
2D
BlueWingX

[quote name='Ginsburger'] and Steve M were at one of your more recent tourneys in VA.[/QUOTE]

Steve M, presuming it's the same Steve M which seems likely, use to be in the FSPA, before the bastard moved to NYC! I'm so jealous.... :) My wife and I (and our kids too) love to visit NYC and she and I dream about living there some day. We'd go to Joe in Greenwich Village every day, probably twice, and sit there for hours drinking heavenly cappuccino (she, a mocha)... and gaining (happy) weight. Of course we'd also burn off all that fat with all the walking we'd do, so perfect! Just don't ask me to root for the Yankees! ;^)

i wasn't proposing that a Pinball FX league be handled like the FSPA, I was just trying to sell the FSPA and maybe get somebody to join in if they live in the area (can also guest if you are visiting). I would be up for a Pinball FX 2 league as well and absolutely.

[quote name='crunchewy']Multiball over and over, plus going for those modes, but I'm not sure how much they factored in. Probably not insignificant, but getting lots and lots of jackpots and super jackpots is good. :) In any case shooting the main shot up there is safe and will get you modes, so you might as well shoot it. The hardest mode to complete is that damned skill shot one. Really sucks when you get to the second set and you have to get 4 skill shots instead of 3 (at least 4 - I got 3 but not 4 the second time). Ouch. Don't forget to bump to coerce the ball into the skill shot. Doesn't always work, but if it's going to be a miss you might as well bump the thing.

Second hardest mode is the 2-ball multiball one where you have to repeat shots. That is, shoot some shot and that shot lights for a period of time and you need to shoot the same shot again within the time limit. Two shots can be lit at a time. I forget how many you have to complete to finish the mode. The other modes are easy. The one about building your strength wasn't obvious to me at first. Just shoot the "stand up targets" that are lit. The easiest ones to hit are the weird face-with-three-eyes thing in the middle of the playfield. Hit that a bunch of times and you'll complete the mode.

Also worth noting about that weird face thing: During normal play one of the eyes is lit. If you hit the lit eye, some other shot on the playfield lights for a while. If you shoot that before it times out you get a kickback lit. That's worth doing. It's not worth trying to get it started, but if you hit it by accident and a shot gets lit as a result, go for that shot, especially if it's the left ramp, which is a relatively easy shot. I think the shots are left ramp, right loop and the upper loop (going to the right), but don't quote me on it. I usually don't bother trying to get that upper loop. It's hard to do that one.

The wizard mode is pretty straight forward. You have to complete (successfully) all the modes to get to it, then start the next mode and it will be the wizard mode. There's 3 stages to the wizard mode. To get the achievement you have to complete all 3 stages.[/QUOTE]

My head just exploded. Apparently my eyes are not fast enough to catch all that on my own or maybe I just need to play some more.

I just sent out a bunch of friend requests to try and get my wizard score up. I own and have played all the tables. My scores aren't nearly as high as Pure Apathy, but at least I'm in the million(s) on them all. Somehow I've even got the high score on my friend list for the Strett Fighter table. :)

Anyone send me an invite. I just deleted some people off my friend list to make room.

Does anyone understand how you play "Mock Warfare" in Rome? There's an achievement, "Complete two successful shots against the galleon during Mock Warfare on Rome". I've had Mock Warfare come up, but it seems to be a cycling award thing, where I think you have to hit the launch button (A or right stick) to select from the rapidly rotating awards. It timed out on me before I figured that out (at least I think that's what you do.) In any case, what does that have to do with "completing shots against the galleon"? Or am I just mixed up (probably)?

[quote name='crunchewy']Does anyone understand how you play "Mock Warfare" in Rome? There's an achievement, "Complete two successful shots against the galleon during Mock Warfare on Rome". I've had Mock Warfare come up, but it seems to be a cycling award thing, where I think you have to hit the launch button (A or right stick) to select from the rapidly rotating awards. It timed out on me before I figured that out (at least I think that's what you do.) In any case, what does that have to do with "completing shots against the galleon"? Or am I just mixed up (probably)?[/QUOTE]

When you hit the ball up the right ramp to the siege tower, you can use the flippers to select between two modes: Justice and Mock Warfare. You want to select Mock Warfare then hit A. The ball will then move to the left side plunger lane (or whatever it's called). What happens next is that a flashing light will alternate between the two catapults that hang over that lane. When one is flashing red, you want to hit A. If it's flashing yellow, you want to wait until it changes.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I believe almost everything is working on xbox.com. Just go online to use the avatar editor.

Also, by editing your 360 avatar online, it moves in your gamercard like mine, if you like that sort of thing (which I do). ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think the connection affects why it doesn't save. I was on xbox.com using the avatar editor and clicked on save but I always get an error message.

[quote name='crunchewy']NOTE: deleted my first post and combined with this one
I was able to add it via the web. However, when I went to my xbox I was still like before, not in the new shirt. However, however, I went into the avatar editor on the xbox, it said that avatar clothing and items need to be updated, and it did that (took a minute or so) and then it seemed to be appearing. It showed up on my xbox and appears now on my profile page, at least[/QUOTE]

I've tried to change it but I can't find avatar awards with the avatar editor on xbox.com. Yeah I've had my avatar editor on the 360 update all the time but no difference. I think it might have to do with me wearing it when I updated with the new dashboard/avatar stuff.

[quote name='Cantaloup']When you hit the ball up the right ramp to the siege tower, you can use the flippers to select between two modes: Justice and Mock Warfare. You want to select Mock Warfare then hit A. The ball will then move to the left side plunger lane (or whatever it's called). What happens next is that a flashing light will alternate between the two catapults that hang over that lane. When one is flashing red, you want to hit A. If it's flashing yellow, you want to wait until it changes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up! I got the achievement. Also, I found out that after you do that, then the goal is to hit the captive ball and then shoot the right ramp to lock a ball in the boat. Repeat 3 times and you get a 3 ball multiball. Doesn't seem all that lucrative, really, but I'm not sure I did all that well in it.

I bought the classic pack of games last night and played those once or twice each. Will put more effort into them at some point this weekend. Still have, I think it's, 4 more to get and play, which will wipe out the rest of my 1600 points card. I guess I must like this game. :)

[quote name='Spybreak8']I've tried to change it but I can't find avatar awards with the avatar editor on xbox.com. Yeah I've had my avatar editor on the 360 update all the time but no difference. I think it might have to do with me wearing it when I updated with the new dashboard/avatar stuff.[/QUOTE]

They show up in the list of shirts, pants, etc. They aren't listed separately on xbox.com. They are the first things listed in each category and have a special icon of some sort that I'm forgetting. Not showing up there for you?

Even after adding all the people, my wizard score is still only around 40,000. You really must need a lot for 100,000.

My Superscore is 512 now, wooo! It's always nice to be playing and the message pops up you just increased your Superscore! Finally nabbed the complete a mission on the Buccaneer table, that one eluded me for a while.

My guess to increase your wizard score, other than adding friends, is to increase your Superscore. This can be helped by Tournaments (that +0 score sucks lol) but I don't know anything on that topic and there never seems to be any available.

I presume that tournaments will be scheduled events and none have happened yet.

My son and I were playing 2-player split screen today and that was fun, but it makes me think they ought to have allowed you to play split-screen non-competitively, and with each player being able to choose whatever game they want, possibly different machines. That way we could both play, work toward achievements, etc, on the same console at the same time. Oh well.

[quote name='crunchewy']I presume that tournaments will be scheduled events and none have happened yet.

My son and I were playing 2-player split screen today and that was fun, but it makes me think they ought to have allowed you to play split-screen non-competitively, and with each player being able to choose whatever game they want, possibly different machines. That way we could both play, work toward achievements, etc, on the same console at the same time. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Possibly not allowing you to boost achievements maybe? Ahh that sucks and there's a dude who's making a tournament, which I saw on the xbox.com pinball fx 2 forums, so I was wondering if I was missing something.

How are people getting such high scores in this game? I just smack the pinball around and hope for something to happen. I also look at all the achievements and have no idea what they mean. Even the ones I do unlock, I don't know how I did it.

Here's a question. For the buccaneer table, I thought I read that for new buyers, that table comes with the game. If so, does the buccaneer table also get exported over or no? For some reason it sounded like it didn't from a post early in the thread but there wasn't really much info to go on. Mainly asking this as apparently I have a demo for the first game (which I don't remember downloading at all).

bread's done
Back