Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection $9.99 New/$8.99 Used @ Gamestop

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
Gamestop, along with other retailers, have dropped the price for Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection to $19.99 or lower (as noted) for both 360 & PS3 as listed below.

Gamestop does not have the game available online, but you can utilize the retail store availability with the links below. New price is $9.99, & the used price for both versions is down to $8.99 if you can find the game in store (a steal IMHO)

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (360)
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (PS3)

Amazon currently has both the PS3 & 360 versions available online at a smooth $17.96, but the 360 version in currently as available for shipping in 2 to 4 weeks (but prior posts in this thread prove the wait to be much less...)

Walmart has the game in stock for both PS3 & 360. Both titles are at a $17.96 price point. Site to store can also be utilized if the game is not in stock locally & you want to save on shipping ;)

Other Retailers (360 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Sears $19.99

Other Retailers (PS3 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Radio Shack $19.99
Sears $19.99

Out of the 'other' retailers listed above, Radio Shack might be the best bet as they have the ship-to-store option available (too bad they only have the PS3 version in stock at the moment...)

Glad everyone found value out of the thread as well. If there are any retailers to add to the list, please let me know with a post or a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='emeraldgsl']I have nooooo idea why you people are so excited over a pinball game??!!....but all this excitement has got me very curious and will probably make me get this game because of the $20 price point.

Can someone explain why this game is so good? Pinball is fun and all, but it gets old. Is it the variety of game modes and replay value?[/QUOTE]

If you even vaguely like pinball, there have been sadly few video pinball games that really do a good job of recreating the experience. Either the tables don't look real, or the sounds are weird, or (most often) the physics are just wonky and it doesn't play like a real pinball game. It's usually a combination of all of them. Sometimes video pinball is over the top and doesn't feel at all like 'real' pinball-- that doesn't mean it's bad, just that it won't quite feel like you're playing pinball...

The Williams collection is one of the very, VERY few that absolutely NAILS playing pinball in almost every possible way. There are a few little nitpicks you can have about it, but between the fact they're real pinball tables that have been recreated amazingly well, and that they play almost absolutely perfectly, makes this game a must own for anyone who even vaguely likes pinball.

If you don't like pinball, this game won't change your mind, but if you like it at all, it's a must have.

[quote name='Donnums']If you don't care about pinball to begin with then this game will have a low chance of changing your mind. It's just faithful recreation of great pinball tables that happen to be ridiculously fun.[/QUOTE]
I actually partially disagree. My girlfriend has never liked pinball or pinball games (especially the games in the AppStore). But the first night I played this, she tried it and loved it. We've been playing co-op (2 players) on each machine ever since. ^ ^

I'd say this game can sway people who are neutral about it, or even dislike it a little. :)

I have picked up a gutted copy from gamestop..I am enjoying the game...but noticed this game makes me motion sick..Is there a better camera to leave it on so I wont get sick...Other then that a Great Game...

[quote name='Justin42']If you even vaguely like pinball, there have been sadly few video pinball games that really do a good job of recreating the experience. Either the tables don't look real, or the sounds are weird, or (most often) the physics are just wonky and it doesn't play like a real pinball game. It's usually a combination of all of them. Sometimes video pinball is over the top and doesn't feel at all like 'real' pinball-- that doesn't mean it's bad, just that it won't quite feel like you're playing pinball...

The Williams collection is one of the very, VERY few that absolutely NAILS playing pinball in almost every possible way. There are a few little nitpicks you can have about it, but between the fact they're real pinball tables that have been recreated amazingly well, and that they play almost absolutely perfectly, makes this game a must own for anyone who even vaguely likes pinball.

If you don't like pinball, this game won't change your mind, but if you like it at all, it's a must have.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

[quote name='gepet0']What is the difference from the ps2 version?[/QUOTE]

Three new tables IIRC. Medieval Madness, No Good Gophers, and Arabian Nights.

[quote name='vince726']I have picked up a gutted copy from gamestop..I am enjoying the game...but noticed this game makes me motion sick..Is there a better camera to leave it on so I wont get sick...Other then that a Great Game...[/QUOTE]
If you press the X button (left button - 360), it switches from Smart View to Full View. Then you get a few choices for different angles that show the entire table at once. That should help with motion sickness, as the camera shouldn't move after that. (I haven't personally used any of the Full View cameras though.)

I personally like Smart View 1, sometimes Smart View 4, or Smart View 5.

When I first started playing I loved SV4, but on some tables it wouldn't work, so I began using SV5 and liked it better. But over time, while playing, I began to adjust to the default SV1.

SMV1 here

Damn you Sorcerer! Can't get pass the first set of goals b/c I cant get the extra ball. Get it lit and always lose the ball.

Ordered my 360 copy yesterday (Jan. 18) from Amazon, scheduled to arrive for Feb. 4 - 12. Just got an email today saying the estimated arrival has been bumped up to Jan. 25.

Might mean there are more in stock at Amazon than it seems. . .

Yeah, I just got my copy today. I ordered it when amazon first lowered the price. It didn't take the 4 weeks they were walking about.

Just got my copy today and damn is it good. Medieval Madness is nuts! I've only tried that, Space Shuttle, and Gorgar, but it's easily my favorite so far. I would've dropped an insane amount of quarters in that back in the day. Looking forward to checking out the other ones. Using SMV1 here.

[quote name='Ardrid']Just got my copy today and damn is it good. Medieval Madness is nuts! I've only tried that, Space Shuttle, and Gorgar, but it's easily my favorite so far. I would've dropped an insane amount of quarters in that back in the day. Looking forward to checking out the other ones. Using SMV1 here.[/QUOTE]

Medieval Madness is even better in real life. My favorite part about it is the huge *crack* that would sound whenever you earned a free credit. It was loud as hell. Everyone in the room/arcade would turn to look. I think that was the point. Such a fun game.

...goddamn do I miss arcades.

[quote name='eeriedude']Ordered my 360 copy yesterday (Jan. 18) from Amazon, scheduled to arrive for Feb. 4 - 12. Just got an email today saying the estimated arrival has been bumped up to Jan. 25.

Might mean there are more in stock at Amazon than it seems. . .[/QUOTE]

Received mine from Amazon yesterday. It took only 6 business days from the day I placed the order.

I enjoyed the Wii version, but man-o-man, the 360 version blows the Wii version out of the water. Simply stunning!

[quote name='Halo05'] ...goddamn do I miss arcades.[/QUOTE]

I went to the real Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas last week and man was it awesome. A dark dimly lit warehouse type building with rows and rows of Pinball machines with a few regular arcade games (Punchout, Super Punchout, ect) thrown in for good measure. Everything worked and worked well on quarters. Wife and I had a great time and easily blew through $15 in a little over an hour. Very fun, if you are in Vegas I highly recommend it.

[quote name='Halo05']Medieval Madness is even better in real life. My favorite part about it is the huge *crack* that would sound whenever you earned a free credit. It was loud as hell. Everyone in the room/arcade would turn to look. I think that was the point. Such a fun game.

...goddamn do I miss arcades.[/QUOTE]

A few Williams games do that. Its a solenoid in the back box that actually fires a flat bolt/piston up into the wood. And yeah, it is really loud.

Looks like it's back in stock for the 360 at Wally World.

I used Bing cashback, which is at 15% (keyword: hdtv) and managed to snag it for $15.25 shipped!

If you loved the Williams Collection then I can guarantee you will enjoy Zen Pinball on the PS3. It's currently going for $5 on the PSN so anyone who jumped on this may want to check it out if they have a PS3.

I personally feel the Tesla table in Zen Pinball beats anything in the Williams Collection. Although Medieval Madness comes in a very close second.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Looks like it's back in stock for the 360 at Wally World.

I used Bing cashback, which is at 15% (keyword: hdtv) and managed to snag it for $15.25 shipped![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on this one. Free shipping right now at walmart w/15% bing cash back, made mine around $16.16(they charge tax) after BCB. Been holding out for awhile now.

FYI - free shipping dates of arrival when ordered today: Thu 1/28/10 to Tue 2/2/10

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']Thanks for the heads up on this one. Free shipping right now at walmart w/15% bing cash back, made mine around $16.16(they charge tax) after BCB. Been holding out for awhile now.

FYI - free shipping dates of arrival when ordered today: Thu 1/28/10 to Tue 2/2/10[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the dates of arrival have always been off for me. Hell, I ordered a copy of RB2 last Monday, and received it this past Thursday, and that was with free shipping.

[quote name='jello44']Huh.. Amazon had a copy for the 360 for the 17.96 price, last copy too. Glad I peeked at the page for the hell of it.[/QUOTE]

Actually they have more than one copy. Looks like they have cut the price a bit, as it is now showing up as $17.96

Just ordered the Xbox 360 version from Amazon. Despite being listed as "usually ships in 2 to 4 weeks," my order confirmation shows it will be delivered on Jan 26 (thanks to my free Prime trial).

I had a blast with the PS3 version (which I just put on eBay), so I'm giving some pinball love to my 360. I'm hoping the achievements will compel me to complete more wizard goals than I did in the PS3 version. The PS3 trophies were much too easy, but I loved the game otherwise, especially the 1080p support.

just fyi guys, i just noticed the used ps3 version of this game was reduced to 8.99 at gamestop online.. looks like it's the same price in-store too

sadly none in my area

[quote name='gospelman']just fyi guys, i just noticed the used ps3 version of this game was reduced to 8.99 at gamestop online.. looks like it's the same price in-store too

sadly none in my area[/QUOTE]

360 is as well, but none in my general area. Ah well, 9 bucks more and you get a new copy. That's fine with me.

[quote name='jello44']360 is as well, but none in my general area. Ah well, 9 bucks more and you get a new copy. That's fine with me.[/QUOTE]

that's like half off though which is always good.

[quote name='gospelman']just fyi guys, i just noticed the used ps3 version of this game was reduced to 8.99 at gamestop online.. looks like it's the same price in-store too

sadly none in my area[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. There are none in my area either, but I'll keep an eye out, especially during the next B2G1.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks for the update. There are none in my area either, but I'll keep an eye out, especially during the next B2G1.[/QUOTE]

B2G1!? I'd buy it right now if I could find one. None within 100 miles :cry:.

We can hope that the new price goes down to $9.99, though, which would seem more appropriate given the $8.99 used price. New (gutted I'm sure but that's OK with this one) copies seem to be abundant.

[quote name='io']B2G1!? I'd buy it right now if I could find one. None within 100 miles :cry:.

We can hope that the new price goes down to $9.99, though, which would seem more appropriate given the $8.99 used price. New (gutted I'm sure but that's OK with this one) copies seem to be abundant.[/QUOTE]

Yep, new price dropped to 9.99. And I thought this was a bargain @ 19.99. There is absolutely no reason not to own this game at this price. Scored 40 something million in Whirlwind the other day, good for 104th place at the time.

No one really mentioned that new its $9.99 on :360: now at GS (not on-line only)..definitely put that in the title OP!!

oh my bad to the poster above me..

Hmm is there any difference between the 360/ps3? There's a copy of the 360 a few miles off of where I live, but I kinda want the ps3 version.

Damn, closest one to me is 120 miles. Guess I'll have to wait/hope for Amazon to drop it's price too.

Thanks OP! Looks like my local GS has it in stock. I know where I'm headed at lunch!

Edit: Got the last copy (for any system) in the building. It was a "new" gutted copy for the 360, but for $10, who cares!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hot damn, looks like I have to go to Gamestop. $9.99 for a gutted copy (being realistic here) is an absolute steal!

Good deal! I love pinball but could never justify paying the price for a console version of it. But for 8.99, I ran to GS and grabbed a copy that looks brand new.

Wow, who would have thought buying it for $20 a couple weeks ago would look like such a bad purchase decision?? :/ Oh well, the game's awesome, wonder why it dropped to $10 so fast (pricing error on GS?). I'm thinking if any stores anywhere near me had it for $10 I'd have to get the 360 version for the achievements... then I could have like every single possible version. ;)

Didn't see other posted, but the Gamestop page now says $9.99 new.

Edit: I see that it has been said now.

I guess I will have to venture to a Gamestop in the next week.

bread's done
Back