Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection $9.99 New/$8.99 Used @ Gamestop

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
Gamestop, along with other retailers, have dropped the price for Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection to $19.99 or lower (as noted) for both 360 & PS3 as listed below.

Gamestop does not have the game available online, but you can utilize the retail store availability with the links below. New price is $9.99, & the used price for both versions is down to $8.99 if you can find the game in store (a steal IMHO)

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (360)
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (PS3)

Amazon currently has both the PS3 & 360 versions available online at a smooth $17.96, but the 360 version in currently as available for shipping in 2 to 4 weeks (but prior posts in this thread prove the wait to be much less...)

Walmart has the game in stock for both PS3 & 360. Both titles are at a $17.96 price point. Site to store can also be utilized if the game is not in stock locally & you want to save on shipping ;)

Other Retailers (360 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Sears $19.99

Other Retailers (PS3 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Radio Shack $19.99
Sears $19.99

Out of the 'other' retailers listed above, Radio Shack might be the best bet as they have the ship-to-store option available (too bad they only have the PS3 version in stock at the moment...)

Glad everyone found value out of the thread as well. If there are any retailers to add to the list, please let me know with a post or a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, ok, I'm surprised about the DLC! Hopefully it'll actually happen though, I would love to see new tables. I looked up Monster Mash and it sounds really fun.

i preordered this one... huge fan of the wii version. so much so that i started buying real tables about 2 years ago. i wonder how many CAGs are pinball machine owners? there must be a thread, right?

Hopefully this is the new price everywhere...I need to hold out a bit on longer on buying games. Now is not the ideal time for me...NEED MORE MONIES!!!

[quote name='callmesteam']i preordered this one... huge fan of the wii version. so much so that i started buying real tables about 2 years ago. i wonder how many CAGs are pinball machine owners? there must be a thread, right?[/QUOTE]

I bought Twilight Zone a month ago with the money I save from this website. It's a blast! But for video pinball you can't go wrong with this collection. Especially at $20.

Is that your 1st pin?, it's truly a great choic, wow. That's like giving a kid a Porsche as his 1st ride. What's going to be your next one? I've been spying a Bram Stoker's Dracula lately.

What did you pay for it? Man, I would love to see that on DLC for this game, one of the best pins of all time.

Monster Bash seems like it would be unlikely given all the licensing involved. They say they couldn't secure the licenses in time, but I wonder if they can secure them at all.

This is a great game, but it will make you wish you had a 1080p set if you only have 720p (or, god forbid, 480p), especially for No Good Gofers. Medieval is fine at 720p, but No Good Gofers is only barely covered by 720p when you get to multiball. It has to pull out so far to let you see everything that it's all so difficult to see. One of these days I'm going to get myself a 16:9 1080p computer LCD display, almost entirely so I can hook the Xbox up to it for this specific game. Other games I don't really care about 1080p, but this one is a different story.

[quote name='KingDox']Thanks for the heads up, I love when amazon PM a deal.[/QUOTE]
It's a price drop.

[quote name='destro4eva']Is that your 1st pin?, it's truly a great choic, wow. That's like giving a kid a Porsche as his 1st ride. What's going to be your next one? I've been spying a Bram Stoker's Dracula lately.

What did you pay for it? Man, I would love to see that on DLC for this game, one of the best pins of all time.[/QUOTE]
I'd love to play a Dracula. New Mexico is a bit dead, pinball-wise. I've got a Road Show, Star Trek TNG, No Good Gofers, Whirlwind and a Stern Iron Maiden right now. I was really hoping for a Judge Dredd for Christmas... but it didn't happen... haha...

gah. "funhouse" is broken on the PS3 version compared to the Wii. I don't remember what exactly it is, but it is either hitting the Rudy Hideaway bonus 100% and being unable to hit the launch bonus or vice versa, plus there are some serious slowdowns on multiball. So I play "Funhouse", which is my favorite game, on the Wii. The PS3 version is still worth it for Medieval Madness and Arabian Nights. Bring on the DLC, I needs me some Addams Family. "Poison fumes, toxic waste, it is all OURS", "good job, Thing".

Got a used copy at a local GS. Thought about getting it from Amazon, but this was cheaper and I didn't have to wait for shipping or find a $5 filler item (already used a Prime trial).

[quote name='keithp']Got a used copy at a local GS. Thought about getting it from Amazon, but this was cheaper and I didn't have to wait for shipping or find a $5 filler item (already used a Prime trial).[/QUOTE]

Have you seen how you can get 3 more free months of Amazon Prime? I also did the month free trial and was still able to get into the demo again. There's a post about it around here.

[quote name='destro4eva']Is that your 1st pin?, it's truly a great choic, wow. That's like giving a kid a Porsche as his 1st ride. What's going to be your next one? I've been spying a Bram Stoker's Dracula lately.

What did you pay for it? Man, I would love to see that on DLC for this game, one of the best pins of all time.[/QUOTE]

Actually this is my second pin. I bought Lethal Weapon 3 a little over 3 years ago. That was to test the waters to see if it was worth owning a table at home. After 3 years of owning LW3 I have decided it's absolutely worth owning your own pinball machine. I only have room for one machine so I sold LW3 and went with TZ. I don't have my next choice yet since I don't have the room and I plan on keeping TZ with me for life. If I move to a bigger place Whitewater, Cirqus Voltaire and Tales of the Arabian Nights would be my top choices. Theatre of Magic looks great, but I'm scared I might get bored too quick.

I never got the chance to try BSD, but I will as soon as I get a chance. I paid $4,000 for mine. Was looking for about 4 months for a very nice example. This one popped up within driving distance and exceeded my quality requirement so I had to have it. Have it a month now and I'm just as excited as the day I brought it home. Would be great on DLC, but technically it's a Bally game so I'm not sure if that would be a separate collection.

[quote name='tightclaws']umm no its not, price is back up to 29.99 for both today.[/QUOTE]

Look again. Amazon is still selling both @ 19.99 but they ship in 2-4 weeks. It's under the other buying options.

[quote name='ToadStoolPorridge']Have you seen how you can get 3 more free months of Amazon Prime? I also did the month free trial and was still able to get into the demo again. There's a post about it around here.[/QUOTE]

No I haven't seen that, I'll have to look. Thanks!

And thanks CAGs, been playing this since I got home and it's KILLER! They got the feel down pat with these. I'll join in with everyone that said Medieval Madness was their favorite, although I also have a softspot for Funhouse just because I sank so many quarters into that one back in the day that I could've sent Rudy off to college with what I paid!

Just ordered from Amazon. As long as they don't try shipping before I get paid again I'll be fine. Sucks the PS3 doesn't have the full reail of trophies like 360's achievements but I need a pinball game on 360 anyway.

[quote name='tightclaws']umm no its not, price is back up to 29.99 for both today.[/QUOTE]
Amazon has it listed for $19.99, not discounted to $19.99 from $29.99.

Went to my local Gamestop last night to get the 360 version. The employee pulled out an unwrapped one from the storage cabinet, opened it to make sure the disc was inside, and proceeded to charge me for a new one. I asked him "you are charging me the new price for an unwrapped/unsealed game?". He said "Yes, this is the last one".

There was no insert/manual at all inside, just the disc. Being suspicious of the whole scenario, I left empty-handed, and with a bad opinion of Gamestop.

[quote name='Nutty Buddy']Went to my local Gamestop last night to get the 360 version. The employee pulled out an unwrapped one from the storage cabinet, opened it to make sure the disc was inside, and proceeded to charge me for a new one. I asked him "you are charging me the new price for an unwrapped/unsealed game?". He said "Yes, this is the last one".

There was no insert/manual at all inside, just the disc. Being suspicious of the whole scenario, I left empty-handed, and with a bad opinion of Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

No insert or manual inside? That's the first I've heard of that.

[quote name='callmesteam']I'd love to play a Dracula. New Mexico is a bit dead, pinball-wise. I've got a Road Show, Star Trek TNG, No Good Gofers, Whirlwind and a Stern Iron Maiden right now. I was really hoping for a Judge Dredd for Christmas... but it didn't happen... haha...[/QUOTE]

Truly awesome collection you have there .. used to have some old school pins before the dot matrix came about .. F-14 Tomcat & High Speed (all time fav) .. then I gotten a great Street Fighter pin at a Tilt Mall Arcade that was closing down for .. get ready for this .. $25 bucks .. but then hurricane Ike came and damaged it all beyond repair .. but I will be back collecting pins when I move into my new house ^_^

[quote name='Nutty Buddy']Being suspicious of the whole scenario, I left empty-handed, and with a bad opinion of Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

You went in with a good opinion in the first place? Zing. Rare to find anyone who looks forward to shopping at Gamestop nowadays.

Had some credit, so I picked up the last copy for PS3 at my local GS. Of course, the disc was in a sleeve in a drawer, and the case was lightly banged up. Thankfully (and most importantly) the disc was in mint shape. Good enough, I suppose...

[quote name='adawg555']No insert or manual inside? That's the first I've heard of that.[/quote]

I've had them try to sell me me a "brand new" DS game that had no case or manual.

yea no luck finding this at 6 different gamestops within a 45 min radius...the ones that did have it according to the online site didn't actually have a new sealed copy but it was the gutted copy they used for the display's....i laugh at anyone that would pay retail *NEW* price for that crap

[quote name='Mike360']yea no luck finding this at 6 different gamestops within a 45 min radius...the ones that did have it according to the online site didn't actually have a new sealed copy but it was the gutted copy they used for the display's....i laugh at anyone that would pay retail *NEW* price for that crap[/QUOTE]
Laugh at me then, as I have a blast playing!

If anyone wants this game but also wants to avoid the GS gutting crap, check Toys 'R Us. Their copies may still be $30 (got mine with a BOGO event) but at least you know the case hasn't been looted!

I wouldnt worry about this being one of the "new" (that has been played by employees before) games. Most of these kids working at GS havent even heard of this game. I'm sure its pretty safe to say that this game has actually been gutted and have just sat in the paper sleeve.

Just got mine from GS as well and it was gutted. They get that nasty sticky crap all over it from their sticker and the disc has fingerprints. Anyone with the PS3 version can pm me exactly what should be included in the case (manual, inserts etc...)? It would be much appreciated thanks!

[quote name='sefjwm']Just got mine from GS as well and it was gutted. They get that nasty sticky crap all over it from their sticker and the disc has fingerprints. Anyone with the PS3 version can pm me exactly what should be included in the case (manual, inserts etc...)? It would be much appreciated thanks![/QUOTE]

sefjwm -- all you're missing out on is the not-too-spectacular 13-page manual. Just covers the controls, the game modes, and the tables in the game. You can get all of that information (and more) in the game, so you're fine. I hadn't even looked at mine until now! :)

[quote name='sefjwm']Just got mine from GS as well and it was gutted. They get that nasty sticky crap all over it from their sticker and the disc has fingerprints. Anyone with the PS3 version can pm me exactly what should be included in the case (manual, inserts etc...)? It would be much appreciated thanks![/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear. At least now you get to experience the awesomeness of classic pinball gaming! The fingerprints should come off easily and bluray discs are scratch resistant so you won't have to worry too much about disc read errors. As for the case, if you're ever going to sell one of your games back to GS, just swap out the good case for this crappy one. Or if there's another GS nearby that has the game in stock, they should be able to swap out the case and manual for you.

Yeah I know I'm not missing out on anything and I know the game is awesome but I am a stickler with keeping my boxes in pristine condition and I am seeing what else I can use against gamestop in this whole selling used games as new garbage. Trying to get a partial refund or an actual new copy out of them now. I knew I should have just walked out of the store without making the purchase but I really wanted the game and I didn't feel like holding up the huge line of people any more. I had to wait 15 minutes each for the two guys in front of me and all they were doing was pre-ordering a game each. Haven't been to gamestop in a long time and now I remember why I stopped coming.

Gamestop isn't interested in selling new games. They're simply in it for the higher margin used game market. If you won't buy their opened games at the new price, someone (as others here have posted) will. If they sell the opened new game at the used price, they have probably lost money on it.

I do believe a promoted "new" game should be factory sealed, and I won't by one otherwise. I'm wasting my time and gas running to a Gamestop for a new game showing in-stock, only to discover its been raped. Their return policy even states they do not accept returns of "Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap). So you can buy a "new" opened game, but then cannot return it unused? That sounds rather conflicted.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nutty Buddy']Gamestop isn't interested in selling new games. They're simply in it for the higher margin used game market. If you won't buy their opened games at the new price, someone (as others here have posted) will. If they sell the opened new game at the used price, they have probably lost money on it.

I do believe a promoted "new" game should be factory sealed, and I won't by one otherwise. I'm wasting my time and gas running to a Gamestop for a new game showing in-stock, only to discover its raped. Their return policy even states they do not accept returns of "Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap). So you can buy a "new" opened game, but then cannot return it unused? That sounds rather conflicted.[/QUOTE]

The ones that I've been to stick a circular sticker that 'seals' the case. If you haven't messed with the seal, you should still be able to return it for a full refund.

[quote name='ExeterBlue']sefjwm -- all you're missing out on is the not-too-spectacular 13-page manual. Just covers the controls, the game modes, and the tables in the game. You can get all of that information (and more) in the game, so you're fine. I hadn't even looked at mine until now! :)[/QUOTE]

The price of the game includes the case and manual. Since you're paying for that, you should get a mint instruction manual and case, not to mention a mint disc

[quote name='Nutty Buddy']Gamestop isn't interested in selling new games. They're simply in it for the higher margin used game market. If you won't buy their opened games at the new price, someone (as others here have posted) will. If they sell the opened new game at the used price, they have probably lost money on it.

I do believe a promoted "new" game should be factory sealed, and I won't by one otherwise. I'm wasting my time and gas running to a Gamestop for a new game showing in-stock, only to discover its raped. Their return policy even states they do not accept returns of "Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap). So you can buy a "new" opened game, but then cannot return it unused? That sounds rather conflicted.[/QUOTE]

The sticker that seals 360 games says "Certificate of authenticity" on it. Arguably, they should NOT be able to legally claim it's a new copy anymore if they screw with that. They should have to sell it as used or at least "Open Box," since that's what it is.

[quote name='Viper187']The sticker that seals 360 games says "Certificate of authenticity" on it. Arguably, they should NOT be able to legally claim it's a new copy anymore if they screw with that. They should have to sell it as used or at least "Open Box," since that's what it is.[/QUOTE]

I remember sometime last year I read an article about someone raising a stink against CrookStop...Gamestop... about their practices selling their "new" games opened and in some cases, missing stuff. The story circled around for a week or so and just disappeared.

Found the article from Kotaku:

Class Action Investigating Used as New

Also, if they wanted to spend the money on it, they COULD send box art to stores. I worked at a video store and every Monday night, we had to take dummy DVD cases and slap in "lithos"(box art) for the new releases the next day. It's cheaper to just gut the game and throw it on the shelf instead of paying for box art for every store.

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']The price of the game includes the case and manual. Since you're paying for that, you should get a mint instruction manual and case, not to mention a mint disc[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I'd bought the Wii version of this quite some time ago at Costco during one of its $5 off the cheap-ass Wii game selection but never played it. Since I'd heard so much good about this though, I rebought the 360 version at GS (yes, gutted but it does appear to be a truly mint copy at least), between it of course having achievements, being in HD, and having more tables. And this time I'm even playing it! :D Good lord it's addictive, my favorite so far (along with many others apparently) definitely being Medieval Madness, which is just too much fun with the sound cranked up enough to feel it. :lol:

Thanks OP!

[quote name='mitch079']Look again. Amazon is still selling both @ 19.99 but they ship in 2-4 weeks. It's under the other buying options.[/QUOTE]

Amazon currently has the Wii version in stock. The PS3/360 versions are currently shipping from Target for $19.99 + about $3 shipping. Which might explain why it's not shown as a price markdown (though there may well have been a universal price drop for all I know).

dfo, click on "new" to bring up the other merchants. Amazon is still listing this at $19.99 with the aforementioned shipping delay.

On a related note, PSP owners should check out the 'Pinball Heroes' series of downloadable pinball games on PSN. They have tables for Pain, Uncharted, High Velocity Bowling and Hot Shots Golf. Right now they are bundled together and on sale for $9.99. Pain is terrible, Uncharted is pretty good, but HVB and HSG are fantastic! Really great virtual pinball games with a lot of great ideas mixed in and a deep set of rules. Online leaderboards as well. Easily worth a look.

One of my favorite titles of 2009. And my sleeper pick of the year.

Well worth $20 if you like Pinball FX on 360, or Pinball in general. Highly recommended.

I hope they continue on with this series. Very polished title, and addictive.

bread's done
Back