Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection $9.99 New/$8.99 Used @ Gamestop

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
Gamestop, along with other retailers, have dropped the price for Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection to $19.99 or lower (as noted) for both 360 & PS3 as listed below.

Gamestop does not have the game available online, but you can utilize the retail store availability with the links below. New price is $9.99, & the used price for both versions is down to $8.99 if you can find the game in store (a steal IMHO)

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (360)
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (PS3)

Amazon currently has both the PS3 & 360 versions available online at a smooth $17.96, but the 360 version in currently as available for shipping in 2 to 4 weeks (but prior posts in this thread prove the wait to be much less...)

Walmart has the game in stock for both PS3 & 360. Both titles are at a $17.96 price point. Site to store can also be utilized if the game is not in stock locally & you want to save on shipping ;)

Other Retailers (360 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Sears $19.99

Other Retailers (PS3 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Radio Shack $19.99
Sears $19.99

Out of the 'other' retailers listed above, Radio Shack might be the best bet as they have the ship-to-store option available (too bad they only have the PS3 version in stock at the moment...)

Glad everyone found value out of the thread as well. If there are any retailers to add to the list, please let me know with a post or a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blitz6speed']I am about to get rid of my 360, i haven't turned it on since i got SF4 on PS3 and i have no reason to own it at this point.[/QUOTE]

I don't really get reasoning like this. I've owned both 360 and PS3 since launch and almost never touched my PS3 especially for the first couple years but when games like Infamous, Valkyria Chronicles and Uncharted 2 come out every once in awhile I'm glad I still have the system. I just don't see why you would want to sell a system because you haven't been using it lately.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I don't really get reasoning like this. I've owned both 360 and PS3 since launch and almost never touched my PS3 especially for the first couple years but when games like Infamous, Valkyria Chronicles and Uncharted 2 come out every once in awhile I'm glad I still have the system. I just don't see why you would want to sell a system because you haven't been using it lately.[/QUOTE]

Its mostly because i refuse to get bent over and raped to play online. If online play became free on the 360, i would go back to that system. But it will never happen, so i stopped buying xbla games and stopped using my 360 when i got SF4 on PS3. Its been great.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Its mostly because i refuse to get bent over and raped to play online. If online play became free on the 360, i would go back to that system. But it will never happen, so i stopped buying xbla games and stopped using my 360 when i got SF4 on PS3. Its been great.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='blitz6speed']Its mostly because i refuse to get bent over and raped to play online. If online play became free on the 360, i would go back to that system. But it will never happen, so i stopped buying xbla games and stopped using my 360 when i got SF4 on PS3. Its been great.[/QUOTE]

It's going to be interesting to see people flip out when Sony comes out with with their Premium PlayStation Network Subscriptions.

Considering that I've never had to pay more than $30 for a year long subscription I don't see how you're being raped. $2.50 a month is chump change. And yes I realize the actual price tag is $50 but come on you're on CAG, we both know that's not the price you're gonna pay for it. To me xbox live easily outweighs playstation network.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Considering that I've never had to pay more than $30 for a year long subscription I don't see how you're being raped. $2.50 a month is chump change. And yes I realize the actual price tag is $50 but come on you're on CAG, we both know that's not the price you're gonna pay for it. To me xbox live easily outweighs playstation network.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I am a CAG too, so FREE > Subscription.
I also use my 360 WAY more than PS3 since XBL > PSN IMHO
But still I own both, because I am a gamer.

That being said, You get what you pay for!

Play the system that:
1) has the games you like
2) all your friends play online on
3) you like the color of better
4) you prefer the country which profits (US vs JP)
5) is most cost effective for you
6) etc.

Or just play them all.
No system is right for everyone, and all of them have their pros and cons.
Why do people continuously feel the need to poo-poo other peoples choices?

Next time you see your neighbor tell him his Ford is not as good as your Chevy, or his BMW is not as good as your Mercedes. OR that his house isn't as nice as yours. Jesus people, grow up.

Oh yeah, and mine's bigger than yours! So there.

Back on Topic: I will get this game for sure. Used to play a LOT of these tables in bars and arcades. Agreed the 3 new adds are worth the price of admission, and good luck finding a real Medieval Madness to play anywhere, probably 90% of them have been scooped up by collectors at this point and 5% are in the trash/parted out I'm sure. Check the prices on eBay! I was searching for one almost a decade ago and they wanted $5000 for it used of course. Probably going for $10k now.

Fantastic game and that is coming from somebody with 5 real pinball machines crammed into his basement! Bought it at launch knowing it would drop in price and have zero regrets.

Really hope the developers do this again with a Bally collection including The Addams Family and other Bally greats!

[quote name='heavy liquid']It's going to be interesting to see people flip out when Sony comes out with with their Premium PlayStation Network Subscriptions.[/QUOTE]

Online gaming, which is what i care about, will always be free on the PS3. Their premium fluff is just that, fluff. If i can boot up MW2 and join a online game for free, i am a happy customer. Thankfully sony repeatedly has said that they will never charge to play the games you paid for online. I will not be subscribing to any premium service on the PSN personally.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Considering that I've never had to pay more than $30 for a year long subscription I don't see how you're being raped. $2.50 a month is chump change. And yes I realize the actual price tag is $50 but come on you're on CAG, we both know that's not the price you're gonna pay for it. To me xbox live easily outweighs playstation network.[/QUOTE]

Its not about the money at this point, its about sticking to your principles. Why should i have to pay to play the game i purchased online. Xbox is the only gaming platform that does this. They do not get a free pass from me. And yes, i was getting my 12-month codes for 20-30 a year, but id rather buy more PSN games then support that garbage. If you are fine with it, more power to you. Live is a great service that works well. I just do not care for it when my PS3 does everything i need for free.

I should also mention that basically every person in my family and friends has switched to the PS3 as their gaming platforms. They couldnt believe you had to pay to play online and literally sold their 360 setups and i honestly do not know a single 360 owner personally in real life anymore, everyone is PS3 now. All that in addition to me being on my 5th or 6th 360 already due to RROD, i just do not care at all for the platform at this point. Never been a Halo fan and even tho i LOVE gears, the online is trash and will remain that way, so no need for a 360 for me.

If they make online play free, i'd be back in the saddle and buying more 360 and XBLA games, but we all know as long as people are willing to pay, they will gladly take your money.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Yet another thread derailed by the XBL vs PSN debate. Take it elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I don't see the problem, if it's helping bump a topic about a great game at a good price then what's to complain about?

And I hear you, all you're points are valid on psn vs xbox live. For me it has and always will be worth it but I can understand your gripes. The whole RROD debate does nothing for me considering Sony is just as bad with broken consoles. I think people tend to forget how poorly made the PS2's were. I went through like 5 of those consoles. As of now Both my 360 and my PS3 have been broken once. The difference was that microsoft fixed my console for free while Sony did nothing to fix the situation just like when the ps2 was out and failing left and right. I understand RROD is a problem but at least Microsoft is taking necessary steps to at least make you feel like you weren't cheated which is more than I can say about Sony.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I don't see the problem, if it's helping bump a topic about a great game at a good price then what's to complain about?

And I hear you, all you're points are valid on psn vs xbox live. For me it has and always will be worth it but I can understand your gripes. The whole RROD debate does nothing for me considering Sony is just as bad with broken consoles. I think people tend to forget how poorly made the PS2's were. I went through like 5 of those consoles. As of now Both my 360 and my PS3 have been broken once. The difference was that microsoft fixed my console for free while Sony did nothing to fix the situation just like when the ps2 was out and failing left and right. I understand RROD is a problem but at least Microsoft is taking necessary steps to at least make you feel like you weren't cheated which is more than I can say about Sony.

[/QUOTE]

First off, it's been discussed to death. No matter what your opinion is on it, it's been addressed over and over and over. No one gives a shit. There is nothing that you complaining on a message board about it is going to change. Microsoft is going to continue to charge for XBL. You can bet dollars to donuts Sony will start charging for a "premium" PSN.

You're not bumping a topic for a great game. You're not even discussing the game itself (which has no online play). It has online leaderboards that have little effect on you paying for XBL or someone else paying for PSN.

No one cares that you personally have had bad luck with your PS3 or your 360. Your case of anecdotal evidence about your specific consoles breaking has been the exact opposite for hundreds of thousands of other people.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Its not about the money at this point, its about sticking to your principles.[/QUOTE]
To me it's about playing video games. Some games are better on PS3, or exclusive to that system. I buy those for PS3. Other games, like the one we are talking about in this thread, are better on the 360 IMO. Having both systems allows me the luxury to get the best gaming experience for any game and not be constrained by limitations on any particular system. That's worth an extra $30 a year to me.

I don't know. In my opinion this game is good enough to keep a 360 for. Lord knows the Wii version is one of the main reasons I still have that machine. You were complaining about bad trophies, but you have the option for better achievements that make you get the wizard goals. And they're fun for this game.

[quote name='simmias']Normally I'd agree, but the "couple new tables" are three classic tables, including arguably the greatest pin of all time in Medieval Madness. Not to mention how much better all the tables look.

Going from the Wii version to the 360 one I was initially concerned that I'd miss the Wii controls for this game, but I actually prefer the 360 ones now.

I love this company and wish they'd release some DLC. They had a contest a little while ago where they sent a gift to everyone who entered just because. Good guys.[/QUOTE]

I played Medieval Madness, Tales of the Arabian Nights and No Good Gophers (the three added tables) for real in my buddy's arcade and they are great games! Deep rules, fun themes and fast play. After playing is game on the Xbox 360, I really appreciated the time and effort put into the pin sim.

I too hope for DLC and I will be buying them DAY 1.

For you Pin fans, here is my video of my friend John Dayhuff and his impressive collection. Enjoy (youtube video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGn0ws0Ylcg

[quote name='marcand']I played Medieval Madness, Tales of the Arabian Nights and No Good Gophers (the three added tables) for real in my buddy's arcade and they are great games! Deep rules, fun themes and fast play. After playing is game on the Xbox 360, I really appreciated the time and effort put into the pin sim.

For you Pin fans, here is my video of my friend John Dayhuff and his impressive collection. Enjoy (youtube video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGn0ws0Ylcg[/QUOTE]
Wow that collection is very impressive!! I'm so fucking jealous!

[quote name='marcand']I played Medieval Madness, Tales of the Arabian Nights and No Good Gophers (the three added tables) for real in my buddy's arcade and they are great games! Deep rules, fun themes and fast play. After playing is game on the Xbox 360, I really appreciated the time and effort put into the pin sim.

For you Pin fans, here is my video of my friend John Dayhuff and his impressive collection. Enjoy (youtube video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGn0ws0Ylcg[/QUOTE]

Thats an amazing Collection!!!!

[quote name='mtxbass1']Yet another thread derailed by the XBL vs PSN debate. Take it elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
Yeah guys, seriously, we were having an awesome rant-fest about Gamestop gutting its games before this XBL/PSN nonsense started up.

Anyway, I was hoping for a Best Buy price match because I've got gift cards to burn, but it's not listed online. Guess I'll have to check my local BB... when we're not buried under 20 feet of snow, that is.

This was the only game I preordered in 2009.

If you are on the fence about getting this game, you should ask yourself "do I hate pinball?" and if the answer is no, then you should go and pick it up. :)

[quote name='marcand']For you Pin fans, here is my video of my friend John Dayhuff and his impressive collection. Enjoy (youtube video)[/QUOTE]
Wow! That's an "I just hit the Powerball" collection. Truly magnificent.

Please tell me how I can play at this collection. I just went to the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas a few days ago, but the quality of the machines here look even better!

[quote name='mtxbass1']First off, it's been discussed to death. No matter what your opinion is on it, it's been addressed over and over and over. No one gives a shit. There is nothing that you complaining on a message board about it is going to change. Microsoft is going to continue to charge for XBL. You can bet dollars to donuts Sony will start charging for a "premium" PSN.

You're not bumping a topic for a great game. You're not even discussing the game itself (which has no online play). It has online leaderboards that have little effect on you paying for XBL or someone else paying for PSN.

No one cares that you personally have had bad luck with your PS3 or your 360. Your case of anecdotal evidence about your specific consoles breaking has been the exact opposite for hundreds of thousands of other people.[/QUOTE]

That may be, but it's not like were personally attacking each other. I see no problem discussing a platform that the game is on. The only problem I see is with you being a dick. How is complaining about people being off topic any worse than us having a debate on the system. It's not like this is the general gamestop thread where people are going to have to sift through posts to see current prices and trade in values. Regardless I'll stop after this.

I just picked up my copy from gamestop and it was indeed a gutted copy. Still, I'm not complaining considering I took advantage of the $20 trade in promo.

So do you bring your own earplugs or does your friend provide them :) It sounded pretty loud in there.

That is an absolutely AMAZING collection. :drool: :drool:

Was "FUNHOUSE" in there? I couldnt read some of the names in the video because of glare. Funhouse is probally one of my all time favs.

Also that was real interesting about the KING KONG game too....WOW!

Please stop with the gutted and XBL vs PSN shite. It's old.

I have this game for both 360 and Wii, but I honestly like the Wii version better because of the controls, they are so spot on. The 360 seems to have a slight lag b/t pressing the buttons on the controllers which in turn activates the flipper buttons. Wii has none of that. Call me crazy.

Thanks for the heads up. I bought this game for the PSP when it first came out and loved it. It's probably the game that I played the most for that system. When I heard about a version for the 360 that would come with new tables I couldn't wait to get it, that is until I saw the price. I couldn't quite convince myself to spend $30 to buy a second copy of a pinball game I already owned.

Thanks to this thread when I walked out of the local Best Buy with $21.64 in my hand due to a returned Christmas present and saw the Gamestop across the street light bulbs went off and a few minutes later I had a copy in hand. Can't wait to try it!

[quote name='destro4eva']I have this game for both 360 and Wii, but I honestly like the Wii version better because of the controls, they are so spot on. The 360 seems to have a slight lag b/t pressing the buttons on the controllers which in turn activates the flipper buttons. Wii has none of that. Call me crazy.[/QUOTE]

you're crazy. there you go.

also, 360/ps3 have 3 additional tables, all of which are very good.

k just did some calculations of my liquefiable assets and i will now go to gamestop a second time (went friday for red steel and valkyria chronicles) this week to pick up this game

and why doesn't amazon price match? zz amazon sleeping

I just got this game. It's pure awesome.
The instructions featured by voice tell you exactly what to do and what are the objectives.
Unless you hate pinball, you should definitely get it!

just traded my PS3 Lego Star Wars Complete Saga for a used mint 360 copy and got 2 dollar gift card with it. Very happy Thanks op. I would never play the Lego Saga again after a play through, it just bored me to tears. I could have gotten a brand new PS3 copy but as I have two 360 in two places it made more sense to get it on 360.

Whether or not a game has been gutted, it's still fuckin new. How bout all the people who buy new cars that someone else test drove. "New" cars often have a hundred miles on them, guess what, they are still fuckin new. If you don't like the practice then don't shop there. Go to walmart where you can't even look at the back of the case before you buy the game cause it's locked away behind glass.

If you can't understand why gamestop guts games then you are a moron. If you don't like that they gut games and continue to shop there then you are an even bigger moron. I'm sorry but I just can't fathom why people get so bent out of shape about it???

i just played a couple hours, it's great (medieval, arabian nights, whirlwind), except for pinbot, the ball keeps going to the left out lane, I can't do anything about it, i tilt the f out of the table and nothing happens.

[quote name='meds']I'm sorry but I just can't fathom why people get so bent out of shape about it???[/QUOTE]

psst, dont' tell anyone i told you this, but i heard gamestop employees check out the gutted games.

In a very isolated example; when you buy the last(gutted) rock band track pack, the one that comes with the redemption code that's in the manual that's on display for everyone to see, it's definitely not new. Oh, and I learned from experience, I went in to buy a DS game (etrian odyssey? iono one of the tactical rpgs), they couldn't find the original box, so they gave me the unoriginal cover art (display art), and game, and no manual. I walked out.

here's a very very old article: http://kotaku.com/5205385/gamestop-sells-played-games-as-new-sources-say-practice-could-be-illegal

The only problem that arises is when you call and ask if they have a a game new, they say yes, you come in and find that it's gutted, then you leave; having wasted time. This is why I always ask if it's still sealed and not gutted.

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']So do you bring your own earplugs or does your friend provide them :) It sounded pretty loud in there.

That is an absolutely AMAZING collection. :drool: :drool:

Was "FUNHOUSE" in there? I couldnt read some of the names in the video because of glare. Funhouse is probally one of my all time favs.

Also that was real interesting about the KING KONG game too....WOW![/QUOTE]

Yes, Funhouse was in on the end. It was behind John playing the Rapid Fire pinball, so I didn't get a clear shot of it due to the crowd. The games not in the picture due to where I filmed: Dragon's Lair, Asteroids, Spy Hunter, San Fran Rush (x3).

John has had it all and I will pass along the praise to him. If you get a chance to go to the annual Pin conventions in Chicago or the more local (to us) in Kalamazoo, he would love to talk pins w/you. John has a booth selling his spare parts and he has a lot to offer. Frankly, John is one of the nicest guys I know.

[quote name='meds']If you can't understand why gamestop guts games then you are a moron.[/QUOTE]
so, you're saying that i'm a moron if i think they should just use empty display boxes instead of gutting actual copies and using them as their own personal rental service? they always put out fake promotional cases for pre-orders...why not just do that for every game? they could reuse the cases and just change the art, and that artwork could come packed with the other promotional materials they receive.

[quote name='meds']Whether or not a game has been gutted, it's still fuckin new. How bout all the people who buy new cars that someone else test drove. "New" cars often have a hundred miles on them, guess what, they are still fuckin new. If you don't like the practice then don't shop there. Go to walmart where you can't even look at the back of the case before you buy the game cause it's locked away behind glass.

If you can't understand why gamestop guts games then you are a moron. If you don't like that they gut games and continue to shop there then you are an even bigger moron. I'm sorry but I just can't fathom why people get so bent out of shape about it???[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but once the plastic has been taken off, touched and violated by filthy hands of lord-knows-who and stuck with a sometimes-difficult-to-remove price sticker, it's no longer 'new' to me. Call it OCD or whatever, but it's my preference. I like my new games to still come in the plastic wrap. I don't like the practice, but I still shop there when there's a good deal to be had. Who are you to tell me where I can or cannot shop? :p

edit: as for cars, I like mine fresh of the boat or out of the factory. Unlike GS, at least you can bargain the price of a 'slightly-used' new car down at a car dealership.

[quote name='pikapichu']sorry, but once the plastic has been taken off, touched and violated by filthy hands of lord-knows-who and stuck with a sometimes-difficult-to-remove price sticker, it's no longer 'new' to me. Call it ocd or whatever, but it's my preference. I like my new games to still come in the plastic wrap. I don't like the practice, but i still shop there when there's a good deal to be had. Who are you to tell me where i can or cannot shop? :p[/quote]

+1

[quote name='meds']Whether or not a game has been gutted, it's still fuckin new. How bout all the people who buy new cars that someone else test drove. "New" cars often have a hundred miles on them, guess what, they are still fuckin new. If you don't like the practice then don't shop there. Go to walmart where you can't even look at the back of the case before you buy the game cause it's locked away behind glass.

If you can't understand why gamestop guts games then you are a moron. If you don't like that they gut games and continue to shop there then you are an even bigger moron. I'm sorry but I just can't fathom why people get so bent out of shape about it???[/QUOTE]

I think the big problem is some GSs gut every single copy...

instead of just the 1-2 they need for display...

How about we stop with the gutting conversation. Who cares what anyone thinks about this crap. Some people don't care, others do, I get it. Now shut up.

[quote name='Afflicted']I think the big problem is some GSs gut every single copy...

instead of just the 1-2 they need for display...[/QUOTE]

No they don't, they just get gut one or two of them. Sadly, as of late, they only get one or two copies of each game, so...

[quote name='mtxbass1']You're not bumping a topic for a great game.[/QUOTE]

Yes you were, and I'm doing it right now! =)

[quote name='anathema728']i just played a couple hours, it's great (medieval, arabian nights, whirlwind), except for pinbot, the ball keeps going to the left out lane, I can't do anything about it, i tilt the f out of the table and nothing happens.[/quote]

This is not a problem with the software. The real table was like this also. =\ Be careful with the ball when it's in the jet bumpers. You may want to nudge upwards to try to reduce the exit speed of the ball there.

[quote name='yyr']Yes you were, and I'm doing it right now! =)

This is not a problem with the software. The real table was like this also. =\ Be careful with the ball when it's in the jet bumpers. You may want to nudge upwards to try to reduce the exit speed of the ball there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it next time I play. You don't know how much that table was pissing me off.

bread's done
Back