Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection $9.99 New/$8.99 Used @ Gamestop

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
Gamestop, along with other retailers, have dropped the price for Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection to $19.99 or lower (as noted) for both 360 & PS3 as listed below.

Gamestop does not have the game available online, but you can utilize the retail store availability with the links below. New price is $9.99, & the used price for both versions is down to $8.99 if you can find the game in store (a steal IMHO)

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (360)
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (PS3)

Amazon currently has both the PS3 & 360 versions available online at a smooth $17.96, but the 360 version in currently as available for shipping in 2 to 4 weeks (but prior posts in this thread prove the wait to be much less...)

Walmart has the game in stock for both PS3 & 360. Both titles are at a $17.96 price point. Site to store can also be utilized if the game is not in stock locally & you want to save on shipping ;)

Other Retailers (360 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Sears $19.99

Other Retailers (PS3 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Radio Shack $19.99
Sears $19.99

Out of the 'other' retailers listed above, Radio Shack might be the best bet as they have the ship-to-store option available (too bad they only have the PS3 version in stock at the moment...)

Glad everyone found value out of the thread as well. If there are any retailers to add to the list, please let me know with a post or a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded 3 PSP games at GS yesterday to finally pick this up. I was going to pick up the 360 version, but was left with the gutted copy, so I picked the game up for PS3 (which was sealed) instead.

I have no problem taking the gutted copy usually, but I hate peeling all of the GS stickers off the case. GS should take the time to reseal the display box before laying the thing out with stickers galore (plus it will keep the case & instructions sealed away)

As far as everyone hoping that other retailers match this, GS has a habit of price dropping "second tier games" after a certain time period. There's a series of Atlus titles for DS & PSP (Tokyo Beatdown, Steambot Chronicles Battle Tournament, Dark Spire etc) that have been heavily discounted at GS, but not at other retailers. Usually, these price drops are only for GS & are usually in store only.

Anyway, good luck to everyone in getting their pinball on....

Thanks for the news OP. Been waiting to get this game since it came out.

Went to my closest/best GS yesterday & traded GH: Metallica. The store ACTUALLY HAD A SEALED COPY! :D Even got .09 credit back! :lol: Gonna start playing the crap out of it today.

FYI, I hate gutted games, but have been able to score sealed copies of many games at GS & not just extremely popular games.

For example, a couple of months ago I got Battle Fantasia, sealed!

[quote name='meds']Whether or not a game has been gutted, it's still fuckin new. How bout all the people who buy new cars that someone else test drove. "New" cars often have a hundred miles on them, guess what, they are still fuckin new. If you don't like the practice then don't shop there. Go to walmart where you can't even look at the back of the case before you buy the game cause it's locked away behind glass.

If you can't understand why gamestop guts games then you are a moron. If you don't like that they gut games and continue to shop there then you are an even bigger moron. I'm sorry but I just can't fathom why people get so bent out of shape about it???[/QUOTE]

It is absolutely not new. It has been handled by employees, possibly played in the store to demo and who knows what else. I've definitely recieved some of these " fuckin new " games as you say with smudges, scratches, and in the case of ds games with a save file on them. So how is that new at all? I don't agree with the practice one bit and I won't shop at GS any other time other than when a deal can be had.

That being said, after spending some time with this game if anyone is on the fence about it, get it. If you like pinball at all, get it. I haven't touched a pinball machine since I was young and this game just floods back nostalgia. I love it so again, thanks OP and everyone else on here for bringing this game to my attention.

Picked up a so called "new" copy at Gamestop. Bunch of crap but I really wanted this one. One thing I noticed is their price stickers peel right off now without leaving a sticky mess on the case. They even sealed the case up for we with a clear round sticker. Good as new right?. Just don't try to give it away as a gift.

Played all the unlocked tables for several hours. The table instructions are way cool - I never realized these machines had such elaborate rules/goals. I always played the real machines by just hitting balls willy nilly. Where was Prima back then?

Can anyone who played this game and these real tables, comment on how they compare playwise? I'm sure the tables look 100% accurate but how does your scoring compare? I always sucked at real pinball but I did fairly well on some of these tables. Is this simulation more forgiving? Or maybe I wasn't playing the right tables back in the day.

This game is incredible. Everyone needs to pick this one up, even if you sucked at real pinball like me. It will give you a whole new respect for the machine and the game. Hopefully we'll see alot more tables in the future.

Just picked this game up yesterday. The first GS I went to ran out of copies, but lucky enough, the one down the street had a sealed one.

This game is great, lots of nostalgia. Unfortunately, I suck horribley at the game, as the ball manages to fall right between the bumpers everytime. Despite this, it's lots of fun. This game would be awesome if I could "TATE" the screen, especially since my monitor/tv is setup to do so.

[quote name='option.iv']Just picked this game up yesterday. The first GS I went to ran out of copies, but lucky enough, the one down the street had a sealed one.

This game is great, lots of nostalgia. Unfortunately, I suck horribley at the game, as the ball manages to fall right between the bumpers everytime. Despite this, it's lots of fun. This game would be awesome if I could "TATE" the screen, especially since my monitor/tv is setup to do so.[/QUOTE]

Start using the "tilt" function (right analog stick) to put some english on the ball...an essential skill for all pinballers to learn.:cool:

Going to keep bumping this thread till every CAG has this game.

We need more pinball games like this and we need to tell Crave to start following through on their tease that licensed tables via DLC are a possibility!! Get to it CRAVE!

Twilight Zone, Addams Family, Creature from the B. Lagoon, and Scared Stiff are my top picks.

Has anyone noticed that a lot of the games feature arcade game sounds from Defender, Joust, Robotron..all Williams games. Sometimes its hard to tell if its the pinball machine or background noise, but a lot is game sounds.

Hi:

I finally scored a copy last night. Marked $30 but rang up $19.99

Playing pinbot took me back to the 80's when I played about 2 hours a day at my local arcade..

All I can say is please pick this game up if you are a fan of pinball.

Kevin

[quote name='Smokie99']Picked up a so called "new" copy at Gamestop. Bunch of crap but I really wanted this one. [/QUOTE]

No offense, but you have no right to complain about their policy if you still bought it. You just got a deal on a used copy of this game for $20. You obviously are ok with it since you still bought it. If you really want them to change their policy, let them know and take your business elsewhere.

This game is worth $30. So buy it somewhere actually sealed if you want it new.

No, 2&2, Smokie99 is right. It's $19.99 NEW, $17.99 used. Check the link on the first post of this thread. GS is notorious for opening sealed games and still selling them as "new."

[quote name='destro4eva']Going to keep bumping this thread till every CAG has this game.

We need more pinball games like this and we need to tell Crave to start following through on their tease that licensed tables via DLC are a possibility!! Get to it CRAVE!

Twilight Zone, Addams Family, Creature from the B. Lagoon, and Scared Stiff are my top picks.[/QUOTE]

Those are all Bally/Midway licensed machines so they'd probably have to make a new game since the two they've released thus far are Gottlieb and Williams. But I would buy a Bally/Midway compilation with those machines on it in a heart beat.

[quote name='mitch079']Those are all Bally/Midway licensed machines so they'd probably have to make a new game since the two they've released thus far are Gottlieb and Williams. But I would buy a Bally/Midway compilation with those machines on it in a heart beat.[/QUOTE]

I wanna see them remake the Gottleib collection for the 360/ps3. (just so they include Cue Ball Wizard). I hope this sold well (for a pinball game).

Been playing a lot of this lately. It's really really fun. You forget that its a video game and not a real pinball machine when you are playing. I would also love to see a midway collection.

[quote name='2&2']I wanna see them remake the Gottleib collection for the 360/ps3. (just so they include Cue Ball Wizard). I hope this sold well (for a pinball game).[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree, BUT I hope they re-make the Gottlieb collection with the Williams engine since Gottlieb never felt anywhere near as good as Williams to me. Not sure quite what went wrong, but I played that game a couple of times and was pretty "meh" about it, whereas I've played Williams to death since it came out originally.

I grabbed this today because of all the good praises of it and for the simple fact I like Pinball and didn't realize this was available on 360. Thanks for the heads up.

Last one at gamestop so I did receive an opened one, but overall I am fine with that.

Can someone clarify for me: do the developers get paid for a "new" gutted copy from gamestop? Regrettably I grabbed a "new" gutted copy for 360 today. The only reason I bought this new is so that the developers get paid. I f'ing LOATHE gamestop, and cannot stand when they gut games and claim them as "new". Very shady...

I just want the developers to get their due, and I don't trust gamestop to get the money back to them.

This game is worth $60 easily. Do not hestitate to buy - period.

So, I tried to trade in my sealed copy of Madagascar Escape 2 Africa that I won from Microsoft when I was in their Expertzone to get Pinball Hall of Fame but the guy refused to trade it in because he could he held "liable". I've traded in sealed games just fine before but I'm just curious if anyone else has heard about this policy? He told me I have to come back when he's not working to trade it in(and unseal it too of course)...I bet they'll trade in 6 copies of the same game but one sealed game, oh no!

I've rarely shopped at Gamestop over the past few years and this is a perfect example of why. If I do get Pinball it'll probably be my last visit to these pricks.

[quote name='Donnums']So, I tried to trade in my sealed copy of Madagascar Escape 2 Africa that I won from Microsoft when I was in their Expertzone to get Pinball Hall of Fame but the guy refused to trade it in because he could he held "liable". I've traded in sealed games just fine before but I'm just curious if anyone else has heard about this policy? He told me I have to come back when he's not working to trade it in(and unseal it too of course)...I bet they'll trade in 6 copies of the same game but one sealed game, oh no!

I've rarely shopped at Gamestop over the past few years and this is a perfect example of why. If I do get Pinball it'll probably be my last visit to these pricks.[/QUOTE]

It's store policy that they aren't supposed to accept sealed games, though some do anyways. All you have to do is take the shrinkwrap off.

[quote name='xx2541']Can someone clarify for me: do the developers get paid for a "new" gutted copy from gamestop? Regrettably I grabbed a "new" gutted copy for 360 today. The only reason I bought this new is so that the developers get paid. I f'ing LOATHE gamestop, and cannot stand when they gut games and claim them as "new". Very shady...

I just want the developers to get their due, and I don't trust gamestop to get the money back to them.

This game is worth $60 easily. Do not hestitate to buy - period.[/QUOTE]
Developers have already been paid for making the game. Publishers, however, will make money on sales of new copies, regardless of if they're opened by GameStop employees.

[quote name='xx2541']Can someone clarify for me: do the developers get paid for a "new" gutted copy from gamestop? Regrettably I grabbed a "new" gutted copy for 360 today. The only reason I bought this new is so that the developers get paid. I f'ing LOATHE gamestop, and cannot stand when they gut games and claim them as "new". Very shady...

This game is worth $60 easily. Do not hestitate to buy - period.[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% positive , but I believe they get that money back once a retailer purchases the stock to sell it to the consumer. So they're getting it anyway.

[quote name='2&2']I wanna see them remake the Gottleib collection for the 360/ps3. (just so they include Cue Ball Wizard). I hope this sold well (for a pinball game).[/QUOTE]

Oh god this. I would buy that for Cue Ball Wizard.

[quote name='Donnums']So, I tried to trade in my sealed copy of Madagascar Escape 2 Africa that I won from Microsoft when I was in their Expertzone to get Pinball Hall of Fame but the guy refused to trade it in because he could he held "liable". I've traded in sealed games just fine before but I'm just curious if anyone else has heard about this policy? He told me I have to come back when he's not working to trade it in(and unseal it too of course)...I bet they'll trade in 6 copies of the same game but one sealed game, oh no!

I've rarely shopped at Gamestop over the past few years and this is a perfect example of why. If I do get Pinball it'll probably be my last visit to these pricks.[/QUOTE]

is it really that hard to take the plastic off? seriously?

too much positive talk in this thread for me to pass up, used the $20 trade in bonus.. good deal, thanks OP

I love the game, glad I dumped my Lego Star Wars Complete which I had paid 20 for last year on PS3 nice getting the full 20 back to buy my 360 PBHF.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']It's store policy that they aren't supposed to accept sealed games, though some do anyways. All you have to do is take the shrinkwrap off.

Developers have already been paid for making the game. Publishers, however, will make money on sales of new copies, regardless of if they're opened by GameStop employees.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification. I just want everyone involved with making the game to get paid, and I also want to destroy gamestops model of screwing developers/publishers out of their money. I wasn't sure if gutting the game negated paying the publisher. I never would have purchased it from there, but I had no choice as there are not any retailers close to me who carry this FANTASTIC pinball game.

On a side note - I'm just curious, but when gamestop marks a clearly NEW unopened game or peripheral to used status (clearly putting a "used" price tag/bar code over a "new" price tag/bar code), can they do this because they paid for that item outright and can do with it what they please? I always thought that was shady as well, but if they paid for it and the right people involved in making the item get paid, then no harm no foul I suppose...

[quote name='jcmproch']too much positive talk in this thread for me to pass up, used the $20 trade in bonus.. good deal, thanks OP[/QUOTE]

x2. This was a steal for $19.99 in GS credit. Picked up the last copy the store had & played a bit of Funhouse as soon as I got home.

Thanks OP :)

They're not supposed to take in multiple copies of a game on the same trade in as well. Why don't you update yourself on their trade-in policies?

[quote name='mitch079']They're not supposed to take in multiple copies of a game on the same trade in as well. Why don't you update yourself on their trade-in policies?[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about the irony that they'll gladly trade in 6 copies of the same game but refuse one sealed game. Maybe if they had their "policies" posted in the store somewhere, I'd have unsealed my game and traded it in.

Either way, got the game today for $1.84 after I traded it my non-sealed game.

Checked the 2 Gamestops near me today and neither one had a copy. I'm dying to play this game, and I'm tempted to just buy it from Amazon or TRU for $30, but being a true CAG, I can't bring myself to spend that much when I know it can be had for $20 elsewhere.

If Amazon or NewEgg matches this sometime, I'll be all over it. I dislike Gamestop's BS policy of opening half the games and putting the discs in the cheapest paper sleeves possible. Put the damn games in plastic security cases and put them on the shelf already. The Walmart down the road just started doing that instead of the big cases on the wall you to have someone get a key for all the time.

[quote name='Viper187']If Amazon or NewEgg matches this sometime, I'll be all over it. I dislike Gamestop's BS policy of opening half the games and putting the discs in the cheapest paper sleeves possible. Put the damn games in plastic security cases and put them on the shelf already. The Walmart down the road just started doing that instead of the big cases on the wall you to have someone get a key for all the time.[/QUOTE]

It's easier for a person to grab a game and run out of GS than it is at WM. That's probably why they haven't started using plastic cases. That and it probably costs more than their willing to pay.

Picked up a sealed 360 copy today with the $20 trade in for Gran Turismo 5: Prologue.

What a great deal as GT5 has just sat there in my collection for over a year not being played.

150 achievement points already :D

Fantastic game and a great price, even if you don't have trading fodder for it. 360 version is the better one if you have a choice, at least as I understand it (I have only played the 360 version, but I read that the PS3 version has trophies that are simply "get a high score", as compared to the 360 achievements that are based on completing the sets of goals for each machine, which is a lot more interesting. Of course if you don't care about achievements, this is no matter.)

Got this for Christmas. Well worth full price, and a steal at $20. So far I've just been dumping time into Medieval Madness and Funhouse. Figured I might as well try to get better at a couple games than trying to memorize the rules/objectives of all of them.

Only thing I wish—and you'll never hear me say this again—is that the 360 version had longer load times. I want to get better at pinball and those "expert tips" fly by way too quickly to read. All basic stuff, I'm sure, but still... Maybe if they had them all in a list from the options menu.

Good a time as any to ask: anybody got any good "pro tips" for pinball? I really want to move past the "just trying to keep the ball from falling through the flippers" level of play.

[quote name='easper']Good a time as any to ask: anybody got any good "pro tips" for pinball? I really want to move past the "just trying to keep the ball from falling through the flippers" level of play.[/QUOTE]

1) You will learn ball handling with practice. Don't be afraid to try things like holding the ball on a flipper, or trying shots that involve flipping very early or late. There's a lot of trial and error involved, and each table plays very differently. Also note that newer tables have a peg between the flippers. If the ball goes *straight* down, dead center, it will bounce off this peg back into play, as long as you do NOT flip. (If you do, the ball could hit the flippers after bouncing off the peg, and go straight down into the drain.) Best tip for learning to handle the ball: play a lot, and learn from your mistakes.

2) Do NOT be afraid to nudge (shake) the table! Use the analog stick to do it. Push in the direction you want to nudge.
Nudging in this collection is actually easier than in real life, because the nudging is very precise; after some practice you can easily and predictably influence the path of the ball by doing so. Just be careful not to nudge too strongly or too often, otherwise the game will "Tilt." If this happens you lose the ball AND forfeit whatever bonus points you would have received.
Nudging is extremely important on tables like Gorgar, Pin-bot and Jive Time, where the ball seems to constantly gravitate towards the outlanes.
One last note on nudging: it's not cheating. IRL, nudging properly is a skill that any true pinball wizard strives to perfect.

If you're still reading this thread and you haven't bought the game yet, you're doing it wrong.

[quote name='easper']

Good a time as any to ask: anybody got any good "pro tips" for pinball? I really want to move past the "just trying to keep the ball from falling through the flippers" level of play.[/QUOTE]

Here's a great list of pinball skills from Novice to Wizard that you can work on:

http://www.ipdb.org/playing/skills.html

Would you guys recommended going for all of a tables goals first or going around to all the tables and trying to basic goals for each table first. I'm trying to get good and I don't know if trying to perfect one table first or trying for the easier goals on all tables is a better way to learn.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Would you guys recommended going for all of a tables goals first or going around to all the tables and trying to basic goals for each table first. I'm trying to get good and I don't know if trying to perfect one table first or trying for the easier goals on all tables is a better way to learn.[/QUOTE]

It's up to you, really. Your pinball skills will apply to all the tables, so it's really just a matter of learning the intricacies and tricks for each one. Same way FPS skills apply to each other. If you're excellent at Halo, you'll probably be pretty good at Modern Warfare.

I personally jumped around from table to table. If I spent more than 30 minutes on one table, I would usually try a different one and go back to it later so I wouldn't get too sick of it. I unlocked all of the goals on a couple tables with the first game, and others took a million tries.

One thing about the goals that's kind of annoying: You have to fully complete all the Basic Goals for a table before the Wizard Goals are available. If you complete a Wizard Goal challenge before all of the Basic Goals are done, it won't show. You'll have to do it again.

[quote name='Danimal']Checked the 2 Gamestops near me today and neither one had a copy. I'm dying to play this game, and I'm tempted to just buy it from Amazon or TRU for $30, but being a true CAG, I can't bring myself to spend that much when I know it can be had for $20 elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
Weird- I checked back again today and both stores had a copy. Even better, one had a copy that was still sealed. Can't wait to go try this out. Thanks very much for starting this thread OP.

Picked this up tonight. ^ ^

The GameStop at the Cranston Parkade in Rhode Island still has 3-4 sealed copies left.

[quote name='yyr']
if you're still reading this thread and you haven't bought the game yet, you're doing it wrong.[/quote]

qtf.

A lot of the pinball tables in this game seem pretty outdated. Has anyone here tried Zen Pinball from PSN? I was wondering how well it compared to this William's collection?

[quote name='PikaPichu']A lot of the pinball tables in this game seem pretty outdated. Has anyone here tried Zen Pinball from PSN? I was wondering how well it compared to this William's collection?[/QUOTE]
Picking up this weekend when I get paid, but I can tell you if it's as good as the psp one, it's well worth it, the Zen pinball is pretty decent, but it just doesn't "feel" like the Williams one (at least on the psp anyway), hope that helps :lol:

Finally picked up a copy... with the current trade-in promo, there's really no risk to doing so, since the game has guaranteed TIV of $20 + edge until the 10th.

bread's done
Back