Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection $9.99 New/$8.99 Used @ Gamestop

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
Gamestop, along with other retailers, have dropped the price for Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection to $19.99 or lower (as noted) for both 360 & PS3 as listed below.

Gamestop does not have the game available online, but you can utilize the retail store availability with the links below. New price is $9.99, & the used price for both versions is down to $8.99 if you can find the game in store (a steal IMHO)

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (360)
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (PS3)

Amazon currently has both the PS3 & 360 versions available online at a smooth $17.96, but the 360 version in currently as available for shipping in 2 to 4 weeks (but prior posts in this thread prove the wait to be much less...)

Walmart has the game in stock for both PS3 & 360. Both titles are at a $17.96 price point. Site to store can also be utilized if the game is not in stock locally & you want to save on shipping ;)

Other Retailers (360 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Sears $19.99

Other Retailers (PS3 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Radio Shack $19.99
Sears $19.99

Out of the 'other' retailers listed above, Radio Shack might be the best bet as they have the ship-to-store option available (too bad they only have the PS3 version in stock at the moment...)

Glad everyone found value out of the thread as well. If there are any retailers to add to the list, please let me know with a post or a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PikaPichu']A lot of the pinball tables in this game seem pretty outdated. Has anyone here tried Zen Pinball from PSN? I was wondering how well it compared to this William's collection?[/QUOTE]

These tables are mostly what made pinball the way it is today. Sure, it's outdated and not "new" like the Zen Pinball one(s)... but why would classics, well designed pinball tables be inferior?

I think this is the closest you're going to get to Medieval Madness without having to plunk down ~$5k for a real table... assuming you can find one in working condition and... the owner is willing to let it go.

Just a quick question, why do people are so much in love with Medieval Madness?
I picked up the game, but found Taxi to be better. I really wanna know if I'm missing something from Medieval Madness.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Just a quick question, why do people are so much in love with Medieval Madness?
I picked up the game, but found Taxi to be better. I really wanna know if I'm missing something from Medieval Madness.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what does it for other folks, but my self personally, I like it for the "lively" action it provides when compared to other pinball tables. There are so many sound effects happening everywhere and the medieval music really adds to the excitement. And... did I mention the witty dialogue lines and subtle jokes silliness?(ie... chucking a chicken at a castle wall... or... "Ahh! My castle! No problem! I got another one just like it right down the road!" or... "I am Francois Du Grimm! and I will go medieval on your behind!") It's also much easier to trigger Multi Ball Madness.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Just a quick question, why do people are so much in love with Medieval Madness?
I picked up the game, but found Taxi to be better. I really wanna know if I'm missing something from Medieval Madness.[/QUOTE]

Everybody's tastes are different? Medieval Madness probably isn't the best pin out there, but it is very good and it's cherished, I think, for its theme and playfield toys, which are pretty awesome, though not so awesome in virtual form. But as others have said, it's the closest many of us will get to owning one. They go for crazy high prices. The earlier game, which actually is pretty similar in terms of rules, Attack from Mars, is a better game overall, and I'd love to see that come out as DLC.

[quote name='PikaPichu']A lot of the pinball tables in this game seem pretty outdated. [/QUOTE]

Umm, that's the idea? They're classic tables! That's like saying Super Marios Bros seems really pixelated, lol.

I love Medieval Madness but I've been playing the hell out of No Good Gofers. I really wish this game got more attention; all the reviews and whatnot love it but very few people even knew about this game even when it was on the Wii.

[quote name='Donnums']I love Medieval Madness but I've been playing the hell out of No Good Gofers. I really wish this game got more attention; all the reviews and whatnot love it but very few people even knew about this game even when it was on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

I really wish it got more attention also. This has probably been one of the best little surprises I've had gaming wise in awhile and now I'm really holding out for some DLC but I'm afraid with how little attention it gathered that might not happen.

I punted a stray dog and tackled an old woman but I managed to snag the last copy of Pinball Hall of Fame for the PS3 at my local Gamestop.

Williams had the best pins in the 90s. This game is great and if its taught me anything, it's that I need to buy a Whirlwind machine. I love those spinners. But I think they should have included "Fish Tales" in this game's stable.

[quote name='XClaude']These tables are mostly what made pinball the way it is today. Sure, it's outdated and not "new" like the Zen Pinball one(s)... but why would classics, well designed pinball tables be inferior?

I think this is the closest you're going to get to Medieval Madness without having to plunk down ~$5k for a real table... assuming you can find one in working condition and... the owner is willing to let it go.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='keithp']Umm, that's the idea? They're classic tables! That's like saying Super Marios Bros seems really pixelated, lol.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the responses. I love the game, but some of the tables - like Gorgar and Jive Time - seem pretty barren. Count me in as a Medieval Madness fan as well. I like the tables with multiple flippers, lots of sounds and lights and/or a lot of targets to hit. It's a preference of mine and something I've almost come to expect after sinking in hours of play with the Space Cadet pinball game that comes with WinXP. :)

Thanks to all the CAGs who recommended this incredible game. I never would have picked this up if I didn't read all of the rave reviews here. For anyone on the fence. It is an incredibly addictive game - trying to beat your high score and get all of the basic and wizard goals. Wow! Lets hope for some DLC.

[quote name='blitz6speed']They couldnt believe you had to pay to play online and literally sold their 360 setups and i honestly do not know a single 360 owner personally in real life anymore[/QUOTE]

You don't know many people. Hey, I know people that sold their PS3 because everyone else he knew that was into gaming had a 360 and they were sick of playing by themselves online. Boy, that anecdotal/"I know people who..." approach is a killer, huh?

Had a friend pick this up - it's the first time someone has actually thanked me for making them buy a game. Also just got the original Gottlieb Collection game for the XBox shipped to me on Goozex, so I'm pretty anxious to check that out. Thankfully it's backwards compatible so I can leave the old black monolith unplugged for now.

[quote name='PikaPichu']Thanks for the responses. I love the game, but some of the tables - like Gorgar and Jive Time - seem pretty barren. [/QUOTE]

I think it makes a difference if you played the tables back in the day & have the memories to tap into-- e.g. Black Knight reminds me of being a kid in the 80s & Funhouse reminds me of my college years :)

I've always been pretty bad at pinball-- I can aim shots okay but never got the hang of shaking the table. But this game reminds me how much I love it, in spite of my ineptitude.

[quote name='jm2u']Williams had the best pins in the 90s. This game is great and if its taught me anything, it's that I need to buy a Whirlwind machine. I love those spinners. But I think they should have included "Fish Tales" in this game's stable.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate this game but I have to say the sound is sub par - unless I have my setup wrong.

[quote name='elkanich']Thanks to all the CAGs who recommended this incredible game. I never would have picked this up if I didn't read all of the rave reviews here. For anyone on the fence. It is an incredibly addictive game - trying to beat your high score and get all of the basic and wizard goals. Wow! Lets hope for some DLC.[/QUOTE]

Somehow I doubt there's going to be any DLC, but here's hoping that this game is successful enough for them to consider releasing another compilation! If you want more pinball, check out the Zen Pinball demo on PSN. $10 in PSN money will buy you the full game which includes 4 tables and there's an additional Street Fighter table for $2.50 more.

I'd be VERY surprised if there was any DLC but it's almost a guaranteed "no" considering how little fanfare this game got in the first place. Crazier things have happened though.

Also, I have to say I'm impressed by the game's "Instructions" for each Table. I don't remember using this on the Wii version(though I'm sure it's there; my friend and I just played the tables without looking at options and whatnot). The amount of detail they go into is just awesome and really helps with how and what the goals mean.

Maybe someone here can help me out. I'm on my last wizard goal for space shuttle. Its the one where you gotta get the special bonus from spelling shuttle. The thing I can never get the special light to come on. I can get everything else to light up just never the special. Is there something I am doing wrong here? Is is just random where the light stops? I know about hitting the target next to the space shuttle to get a new bonus, and that every new ball & spelling shuttle picks a new bonus also.

I picked this up as well with the $20 off deal at GS and am loving it. Played it all last night over MW2 and I think it will be my game of choice for a while.

I would say Arabian Nights is my favorite so far. I like how you can trigger various different missions to complete through the Genie.

Tried my local GS yesterday, but they were OOS.
Gonna try another GS on the way home today, but I'm not holding my breath...

Has anyone tried to get Amazon to price match it yet?

[quote name='KaneRobot']You don't know many people. Hey, I know people that sold their PS3 because everyone else he knew that was into gaming had a 360 and they were sick of playing by themselves online. Boy, that anecdotal/"I know people who..." approach is a killer, huh?

Had a friend pick this up - it's the first time someone has actually thanked me for making them buy a game. Also just got the original Gottlieb Collection game for the XBox shipped to me on Goozex, so I'm pretty anxious to check that out. Thankfully it's backwards compatible so I can leave the old black monolith unplugged for now.[/QUOTE]

Ugh...the Xbox Gottlieb had the shitty physics engine...you will NOT like how it plays. The Wii version that just came out got a physics makeover thanks to FarSight studios, and plays wonderfully. Just so you know...

[quote name='minos1067']I appreciate this game but I have to say the sound is sub par - unless I have my setup wrong.[/QUOTE]

I can see how the looping banjo music could drive you insane. That and you have to override the volume to make it acceptable for in home use. I really like the ramps, rock the boat, and the video screen water skier mini-game.

[quote name='Knoxximus']Ugh...the Xbox Gottlieb had the shitty physics engine...you will NOT like how it plays. The Wii version that just came out got a physics makeover thanks to FarSight studios, and plays wonderfully. Just so you know...[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link about the Wii version getting upgraded physics? I TOTALLY agree that Gottlieb sucked and made me really hesitant to buy Williams when it came out, and when the Wii version first showed up at Best Buy everything I read was that it was a fairly direct Wii port from the GC version, bad physics and all...

If it really has gotten upgraded physics I'd love to try it again..

[quote name='Brother Daz']I'm on my last wizard goal for space shuttle. Its the one where you gotta get the special bonus from spelling shuttle. The thing I can never get the special light to come on. I can get everything else to light up just never the special. Is there something I am doing wrong here? Is is just random where the light stops?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is random. The chance that Special appears is probably slimmer than the others. But when it does come up, the table will flash lights and make a sound, to let you know.

It's been a while since I earned the goals on that table but I think that the first random selection happens right as the game is starting. So in theory you could just keep restarting the game until Special appears. Then, just do your best not to hit the target that picks a new award.

Inevitably you will have a really good ball on this table and you'll earn a ton of awards. If Special comes up during this time you'll have no problem earning the goal. So don't sweat over this goal... just keep playing and you'll get it in due time.

Damn Gorgar. That 1-2-3-4 special is driving me nuts. It's the last wizard goal I need. The ball seems to slip down the sides to easy and it feels like my hits on the targets don't register some times. With some practice it feels like I'm really getting better at this game. I finally nabbed my first wizard completion with Space Shuttle. I'm trying some of the simpler old tables first because the complicated tables seem a little overwhelming. How I'm going to get wizard on Midevil madness is beyond me. You have to hit all the targets multiple times, I'm not sure I'm up for the challenge.

[quote name='yyr']Yes, it is random. The chance that Special appears is probably slimmer than the others. But when it does come up, the table will flash lights and make a sound, to let you know.

It's been a while since I earned the goals on that table but I think that the first random selection happens right as the game is starting. So in theory you could just keep restarting the game until Special appears. Then, just do your best not to hit the target that picks a new award.

Inevitably you will have a really good ball on this table and you'll earn a ton of awards. If Special comes up during this time you'll have no problem earning the goal. So don't sweat over this goal... just keep playing and you'll get it in due time.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I had that one good ball, thats when I knocked out 4/5. Ended up with 5.5 million after just one ball. I thought about restarting a bunch of times, but the game is fun enough to just play through. Thanks for the answer.

After reading all the comments I need to head over to gamestop to pick it up. I just need to find a game to trade in for it. I haven't played Assassin's Creed 1, but I'm thinking of just jumping into the sequel. Should I play through the first or just trade it for pinball? Decisions decisions.

Bought it new, then traded it in, then bought it used. Cashier had no problem doing this for me, and I get a total of 7 days to judge how satisfying the game is. So far, it's quite enjoyable.

Yeah, I spent $20 to be reminded how much I suck at pinball. I had forgotten about Gorgar though...I used to play this at the local bowling alley all the time when I was a kid.

I absolutely couldn't pass this up. This is the third copy of this i own, 1 for ps2, 1 for psp, and 1 for ps3. It has my all-time fav pinball machine, growing up as a kid in the 80's, pin*bot. The virtual table is just as unforgiving as the original was. I also loved to play Funhouse and Taxi back in the day as well.

[quote name='Donnums']http://worthplaying.com/article/2009/12/24/reviews/71190/

Apparently, the physics are still iffy but not game breaking. I'm tempted to pick that up(or maybe just get the GameCube version...).[/QUOTE]

Played the hell out of the Wii version and didn't notice and 'physics' problems. Some of these 'blog reviewers' are like coworkers - they will bitch about absolutely anything.

[quote name='minos1067']I appreciate this game but I have to say the sound is sub par - unless I have my setup wrong.[/QUOTE]

In Fish Tales, or are you talking about Pinball Hall of Fame? My Fish Tales sounds good, and I love the music, sound effects and quotes. "Wo...you're not gonna' eat that are ya?"

The consensus seems to be the 360 version is slightly ahead of the PS3 version due to achievements (which I don't care for), but do both versions have the same type of challenges associated with them?

Also, does the PS3 version support custom soundtracks? I read that the 360 version does but I have much more harddrive space on my PS3.

I would never want to change the music in any of these machines, but I can imagine that others might. I can't help as I only have the 360 version and I don't even know for certain that it allows you to do that, as I've never even considered doing it! I can tell you, though, that the PS3 version still has the same table goals to go for, they just aren't tied to "trophies", as they are to "achievements" on the 360. Completing the basic goals allows you to unlock one table for free play and completing the wizard goals gives you bonus options like setting a custom ball or, god forbid, disabling the tilt. I really wish they either didn't have that latter option, or they prevented no-tilters from getting leaderboard high scores.

Yeah, like others here, the recommendation was spot on. I have had interactions with all these tables, and the faithfulness they were emulated and reproduced is breathtaking. The sound is original, so that may either add or deduct from the quality depending on your nostalgia parameters, but there is nothing like hearing Tina Fey in Madness!

With that crazy GS promotion it was a 1-1 trade for Katamari. The GS employee didn't know about the game or the promotion. Sigh.

[quote name='crunchewy']I would never want to change the music in any of these machines, but I can imagine that others might. I can't help as I only have the 360 version and I don't even know for certain that it allows you to do that, as I've never even considered doing it! I can tell you, though, that the PS3 version still has the same table goals to go for, they just aren't tied to "trophies", as they are to "achievements" on the 360. Completing the basic goals allows you to unlock one table for free play and completing the wizard goals gives you bonus options like setting a custom ball or, god forbid, disabling the tilt. I really wish they either didn't have that latter option, or they prevented no-tilters from getting leaderboard high scores.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, thank you for clarifying that, it helps a lot as I don't mind if they are tied to 'trophies' or 'achievements' as long as they are on there. Thanks. I'll probably go for the 360 version unless I find that the PS3 allows custom soundtracks.

[quote name='Donnums']I'd be VERY surprised if there was any DLC but it's almost a guaranteed "no" considering how little fanfare this game got in the first place. Crazier things have happened though.

Also, I have to say I'm impressed by the game's "Instructions" for each Table. I don't remember using this on the Wii version(though I'm sure it's there; my friend and I just played the tables without looking at options and whatnot). The amount of detail they go into is just awesome and really helps with how and what the goals mean.[/QUOTE]

You'll be surprised if you read this interview then. They have plans to do DLC. I'm betting Monster Bash will be the first since they were already working on the table.

http://www.keepcasual.com/Pages/NewsItem.aspx?id=160

I managed to pick up a new copy today. Every GS within 15 miles around me are completely out of new/used copies until one of the GS dudes did a computer check for me. Thanks, OP!

Man, I hope all of these orders prompt Crave to start getting with the DLC stuff and another title already!

It's never too early for you CAG's to start buying these as your friend's 2010 X-mas presents. Buy them all!

bread's done
Back