Play Atari and Regular Nintendo Library for free

I used to have an account back when all they offered were NES games and their way of calling it legal was saying you were borrowing the games. It was a pretty good service back then ('01 I think, I know it had just started) and I did the pay $5 a month thing when SNES games started showing up, but cancled it when I found myself spending too much time online.

When I used it they used modified versions of SNES9x and I think Nester, but I'm not sure if that's what they use now. They also accepted game donations back then, and I sent them a copy of StarFox and TMNT 3, which got me a few free months of service. Haven't been to the site in forever, I might have to make a new account.

[quote name='pthagonal']Interesting, but yeah, just get the roms. Nintendo isnt dying when you download them.[/QUOTE]

It's gonna be a big deal one the Revolution's Virtual Console hits. You can bet that sites lilke this will be gone and they'll be after ROM traders.

[quote name='WebScud']It's gonna be a big deal one the Revolution's Virtual Console hits. You can bet that sites lilke this will be gone and they'll be after ROM traders.[/QUOTE]

I heard about that too and am especially interested in the Revolution over the other 2 next gen consoles (if I had to pick 1) if they can get the emulation and sound quality (esp. the great SNES sound) to be as good as the originals.

You know, after reading their explanation, I think their service is fine. They only let one person play a certain game at any given time-- the game is locked out for anyone else. Same idea as a rental store.

[quote name='Legolas813']One person at a time on a specific game? I knew there was a catch.

I think I'll stick with GameTap, thank you.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it does seem lame. Maybe for their most popular titles, they own multiple copies? That's the only way I'd assume their service doesn't suck.

bread's done
Back